All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here135 S 17th St, Philadelphia, PA, 19103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Jan 2015 Stay"
Two day stay. Had not stayed here in years and was pleased to find the place had kicked it up a notch. Basics: Great location - 17th & Walnut, pretty much ground zero for a lot of things. Our room and bath was up to date, attractive, comfortable and, to my eye, very well maintained. Staff was always pleasant and responsive. Opinion: Really good value on a combo of location and the quality of the hotel experience.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Great location and more!"
I spent a lot of time on-line before selecting a hotel in Philadelphia for a short stay. I was very pleased with my choice. The Latham has a great location and a lot more! I thought the staff were most efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. The hotel bar/restaurant is convenient and worth staying in for! The food was excellent, with wide choice and full or half portions available. The courtesy car was a great bonus which I used and really appreciated in the cold, snowy weather. Special mention must be made of the two drivers I met, Roman and Parker, who were like private tour guides.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Frances
"hotel review"
love this hotel. rooms are great. staff is super friendly. I come to Philadelphia often & always stay here.
4 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
nooshin
Good
1 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
"Will def stay again"
My husband and I stayed for an overnight getaway. The service by everyone we encountered in the hotel was fabulous. They offer free car service to the surrounding area. So we are able to use that to and from a few museums. Our driver, Roman, was so nice and knew a lot about the area. We ate at Devon's (highly recommend) on Rittenhouse Row for dinner. I would stay here again, everything is extremely walk-able. My only complaint was we heard some loud noises in the wall (like water in the pipes) around midnight, but it didn't last long.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"Location"
Location, location, location! For eating, drinking and shopping this hotel is in the perfect spot!
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Rebecca
"Great Holiday Stay"
Had a great time seeing the nutcracker close by. Front Desk staff helpful w directions and dinner reservations GoodPrice for the area
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"New Years Stay"
I stayed at the Latham for two day on new years eve for my sisters 21st birthday. The service was good and the room was clean. Not much of a view, but the location is perfect for walking around to close stores and wonderful restaurants in the area. We did eat at the hotel's restaurant the first night but I would suggest maybe trying a local place instead. The food was not bad, but not good either. The walls are paper thin, but I'm not sure if it was just the ruckus of new years eve. Overall, I would stay again and even suggest it to others.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
julia
"Better location than rooms"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself could have been cleaner (mystery hairs in the tub and random tube of shampoo found behind the bedroom curtains), but it had everything that you'd need.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great quick stay."
We decided to visit Philadelphia last minute and was very happy to find a great deal with the Latham hotel. It took us about 2.5 hours from dc (it helped that there was no traffic on new years day!). We were checking in late and happy to have valet service for parking. Check in took less than 5 min and we went up to our beautiful hotel room. We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel was at a great location near shops and restaurants. We didn't need to drive anywhere at all and walked from the hotel to different parts of center city. Taxis were very easy to come by as well. Our stay was enjoyable and would come back again to the Latham hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Latham Review"
Great location. Hotel was nice but nothing to speak of. Very clean, room were comfortbale. Nice shower. Free use of the hotel's Audi A-8 was a nice plus. Park on your own there is a lot around the corner save you $20. Gym was disappointing.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"We'd stay at the Latham again."
We went to Philly to see the Mummers Fancy Brigade competition and have a brief getaway for the new year. We enjoyed staying at the Latham. It is in a great location and was very comfortable. Our only quibble would be about the pillows, which were awfully thick and too hard. Other than that, everything was great.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Frustrating"
I had reserved the room with my credit card, but at check-in I asked if they could charge it on my husband's card. They said yes. Upon check out they actually charged BOTH our cards, which we didn't notice until 2 days later. We have called and spoken to front desk associates and left messages for higher-ups. Only one person was helpful explaining that it might just be a 'hold' on my card, but due to the holidays, it may take a while to process. I've stayed in many hotels and have never had this happen. Neither the General Manager or Operations Manager have returned our calls. The hotel is very pretty and in a fantastic location. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll choose to stay there again especially since there are numerous other hotels to choose from in a few block radius.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Wonderful Location - Good Value -Not Quite Awesome"
We stayed at The Latham for Christmas and it was a wonderful value: $105 per night. For the money and location, it could not be beat. When we arrived our room was not made up -the bed was messy- they moved us to the room next door, which was smaller, but after a long drive, I didn't say anything. They compensated with two free drink tickets, which was very nice.i think this was a one-time error. The desk staff was nice as was the valet parking attendant. There were not a lot of bells and whistles, but for $105 per night, it was a great value and it was close to everything; the best shopping in the city. The room was clean and it had a wonderful view. I would stay again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Loved The Latham"
My wife and I loved The Latham. Very nice staff. Great room.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Kenny
"My getaway at the Latham hotel"
Everything was great would definitely stay here again
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Nice room. Clean and bright. Great to have a desk with chair and two additional chairs in a sitting area.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Superb stay"
Short but sweet stay. Warm, welcoming service. Excellent location, walking distance to Center City attractions.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2014
Anthony
"Service Desk Complaint"
I wanted my room charged on a separate card, which was I made the desk clerk aware of when I checked in. She ensure me that, that would not be a problem. However, when I checked out I was charged the incorrect amount on my card and the manager who checked me out was not able to correct this. This left a bad impression of this hotel, because she did not know what she was doing and she was a manager there at the hotel. I was very disappointed toward the end of my stay.
Shanta
We had a great stay at The Latham during the Holidays in 2014, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Stephen
"Christmas getaway"
Lovely hotel. Perfectly located in downtown. Room was attractively decorated but a bit small. Still, we managed and slept well. To prevent stumbling in the dark to get to the bathroom, there needs to be a nightlight either in the bedroom or bathroom. Staff is professional, gracious and accommodating.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great Location, Fine No-Frills Clean Hotel."
Though this is a nice hotel, it is not a luxury hotel. Room was fine and somewhat corporate, small and no frills. It's an old hotel, so the hallways are narrow and a bit claustrophobic. When we arrived we were greeted with "NAME?" barked to us from across the lobby. No doorman. Location near Rittenhouse was perfect, and staff was mostly friendly.
Christopher
"Comfortable, clean boutique with stellar staff"
My crew and I were in town for a day for a film shoot on Christmas Eve/Day. The rooms are very comfortable with tasteful modern stylings. We had spectacular views of the city skyline from. The hotel staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Beyond the standard services the staff provides, everyone on the team went the extra to accommodate or special needs with loads of cases of equipment and a number of vehicles. Also, we ate all our meals from the kitchen of the Urban Enoteca, the hotel restaurant. The food was delicious and were welcomed to use a number of tables in the dining room for our work and meetings. My only complaint is that we could not stay longer. I did not get a chance to visit the fitness/or spa offerings but the business support- free wifi and printing, as a great help for us. Thank you Latham Hotel Staff.
1 night business trip Dec 24, 2014
Anthony
"Enjoyable stay"
Great support from the staff
Alvin
"Review"
Room was very nice!! We enjoyed our stay here and it was in a good location too.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Room was lovely and very comfortable. Staff were welcoming and helpful.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Thumbs Up!"
The hotel is located in a wonderful area. The breakfast was great! The hotel staff was helpful and friendly.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Todd
"Attentive, welcoming staff"
comfortable and central - walking distance to all center-city venues; Great appetizers!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
We enjoyed our stay at the Latham and being in town, close to great restaurants and the Philadelphia nightlife and Rittenhouse Square.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Outstanding value near Rittenhouse Square"
Having stayed in many hotels in Philadelphia, I can state categorically that the Latham deserves top ratings for friendly staff, excellent facilities and a top-notch location. The price we paid (admittedly, a winter discount) was far lower than I would have expected: at least 30% below rates for hotels of a similar calibre. I strongly encourage you to consider the Latham for both business and personal travel.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Tired traveler
"Nice Hotel close to Walnut st, shopping and busine"
overall pleasantly surprised with condition and amenities
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Beautiful stay for our 4 year anniversary!"
My girlfriend and I were celebrating our 4 year anniversary, and both of us had never been to Philly before so this was our first time. We definitely chose the best hotel for our visit. Everything from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was catered to us so wonderfully. I called in advance to see if they would set something nice up in our room for the arrival. I specifically mentioned champagne which they gladly gave me a price for and I agreed. But they courteously included chocolate covered strawberries compliments of the hotel! The room was spacious and very comfortable with a nice view of the city. The bed was soft, clean, and it had plenty of pillows. The hotel was accommodating in every way possible. Their car service was probably the most amazing feature ever. The drivers were all friendly and informative, and never hesitated to pick us up or drop us off. Definitely a great and convenient way to get around while avoiding high cab fares. The hotel checked us in early upon arrival without us even asking for an early check in and offered us a late check out with no trouble at all. They held our bags on our last day while we grabbed lunch, and then offered us a ride to our bus station. Overall a very pleasant and memorable stay at this hotel. It was a perfectly located hotel in Center City which gave us a quick access to all points of interest and a great overall experience of the city.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Tam
Great location, quiet- able to sleep well, courteous staff!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"November"
Difficult to get set down in front of the hotel for concierge, had to circle the block which wad grid locked!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Fidelma
"Girls Weekend"
We had an excellent stay. Hotel was beautiful and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite. We will be back next year!
"Will stay there again."
Very nice and clean hotel. Convenient to sight-seeing and shopping.
Roza
"Happily Room was ready despite our arrival."
Would stay again. Pleasant attentive staff. Prompt service
aubrey
"Great boutique hotel in great location."
We had a great experience and the staff was very professional and accommodating.
"A very nice hotel indeed!"
We only stayed one night at the Latham and everyone and everything couldn't have been better! The Staff was exceedingly nice and the facility was comfortable, well appointed and extremely convenient.
Wendy
"Convenience and Comfort"
Totally enjoyed free car service provided by hotel. Great location.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Great hotel and location"
Very happy with this hotel. Friendly, relaxed but courteous staff. The free car service within 2 miles was a great amenity. Had everything we needed for a night in the city.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Darci
"Service doesn't meet expectations"
Hotel facilities were nice except one of only two elevators was out. Staff was disgruntled and not quick to help. Two employees argued in front of me with neither acknowledging my presence. Two different employees on different occasions complained to me about their jobs. Housekeeping was still making initial room cleaning rounds at 5 pm.
2 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Todd
"Love The Latham"
Delightful weekend at The Latham!!! I will definitely stay again!!! The most comfortable bed and beautiful room! Perfect location!!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Nice downtown hotel"
Room was lager than expected.
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
Alysia
"A great hotel"
Just a one-nighter, but the hotel was superb. Excellent, cordial staff abd beautiful, clean rooms. Not trendy or hip, but elegant in a very modern way. I plan to stay there again.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Lawrence
"Get a lift"
Location is excellent and room was comfortable but one of two elevators was broken all weekend creating chaos. I had no choice but to repeatedly walk down 8 flights of stairs, finally with my luggage. Also soundproofing is weak.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Great Hotel Quick check-in Would Stay again
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Kenneth
"HIghly recommended"
Very good experience. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The concierge and valet parking service were excellent. The car service was terrific as well.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Philip H.
"Great!"
Great staff, great hotel, great area! Dog friendly too!
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
"Amazing amenities, location, and staff."
Loved my stay here that I extended it for 2 extra nights. Will definitely be my go to hotel to stay at in Philadelphia.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014