All hotels in Elko, Nevada, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2065 Idaho Street, Elko, NV, 89801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quick Stay"
I was on a cross country road trip and was going to stay in Salt Lake but due to a convention rooms were very expensive. A friens suggested driving to Elko. I used hotels.com and found Red Lion. The desk staff was friendly and informative. The room was very nice and very clean. I also got a pretty good pot roast sandwich at the restaurant. For one night it was a great deal and stay.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Brandon, we are glad that we could accommodate you and impressed that you drove the extra 4 hours to stay with us to save on high convention room rates in SLC! Thanks for choosing the Red Lion!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Brandon
"Good location, nice staff"
Good location for the traveller. But it is a casino so you have to be aware that the main building will be smoky, HOWEVER, the room was NOT. The family suite we got was nice and large and my girls liked it. The rooms were clean, lots of towels, good TV service and internet. The casino was convenient for adult fun, and the sports bar was clean and pretty decent.Overall a good stay, and would stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for your comments and glad to hear that the suite was enjoyed by your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Latham
"Smelled like smoke in non-smoking"
All the reviews are accurate; it smells like smoke throughout the entire property, even in non-smoking. The air vent in the room blew smoke smell the entire time and we were at the very end of the hotel in the non-smoking section. It was really disgusting.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Our apologies to you Sarah. We have a considerable clientele who do smoke and reduction of the odor continues to be a challenge.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Enjoyed Our Stay"
Good experience. We will probably stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad to hear that! See you soon!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Grandma
"I wouldn't give it a 5 star but, it was ok."
The Hotel if fine but, I asked for a ground floor, which I got, close to the front desk and casino. We were 4 buildings away. We felt it was their lost not ours since we only made one journey to the casino rather than 3 or 4 as we usually do. This was the only hotel that would not print us a receipt when we checked out. said they would mail it to us! We were on the road for over 2 weeks and never had this problem before.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry that the building additions had to be added on in a linear fashion due to the long narrow layout of the lot. It does make for a long walk to the casino. Thank you for visiting the casino. At your check-out, we do not print the folio for 3rd party reservations. Since your reservation was made through Expedia and you paid Expedia, you would need to request a receipt from Expedia. Again, thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel and Casino.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
LA Symons
We stayed for one night. The room was starting to show some wear. However we were comfortable and able to stay at the hotel for dinner and breakfast. I even won some money on a slot machine.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to your return visit!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Family suite great for families"
The beds were very comfortable!!! The staff graciously upgraded us to a family suite to get us the beds we needed for 5 people. Online our double queen room was rated for 5, but they don't have rollaways or sofabed in room.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
So glad that we could accommodate you! Thanks for your review. We look forward to your return visit!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Worst customer service ever"
Booked a room just for the night. Showed up and found there were feather pillows in the room. I am highly allergic. We call down and are told the door is locked and nobody in the entire hotel had a key to get non feather pillows!!! So they bring me a down comforter to use as a pillow...idiots! Will never stay there again
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We are very sorry that we were unable to provide an appropriate pillow for your highly allergic state. In the future, you might consider taking your own pillow with you when you visit a hotel, for your own safety as not all hotels carry the kind of pillow you require. Again, our apologies to you.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Hollis Hebdon
We had wonderful stay for two days.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad to hear that. Thanks for your review!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Picked Hotel because it had a casino"
I was on a road trip and had booked in advance of getting to the hotel so I got a better deal than just showing up. The room was great (although one of the beds sheets were dirty, but I was by myself so I just slept in the other bed). I did not know there would be smoking inside the casino. I am not a smoker and hated breathing in other peoples smoke. It was gross.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review. I am very sorry that our housekeepers did not change out the bed sheets! The housekeeping supervisor has been notified. As to the smoking odor, there are no casinos in Nevada that are non-smoking. A few of the very largest and newest casinos have included non-smoking areas for non-smoking gamers. Here at the Red Lion, a significant percentage of our clientele are smokers. We do continue to look for ways to reduce the odor. Again, our apologies.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Roadtripper2014
"Smelled like smoke"
I was in two different rooms, in two different buildings, because of a hotels.com/Red Lion Hotel mix up. They both smelled like smoke even though they claimed to be non-smoking rooms. The rooms were big and the beds were comfortable, but that's the only good thing I can say about the place.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review. We apologize for the cigarette odor. It continues to be a challenge for us to eliminate its effects. We are always looking for better solutions.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Had a great time when we stopped over in Elko. Friendly staff, clean room and some entertainment. Place had a slight smokey smell but it's a casino so we expected it. Nice big room! Wish we would have had time to enjoy the pool.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you Angie for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit!
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Angie
We used this hotel to stay the night so that we could finish our trip home from Crescent City, CA. The staff was great we booked a standard king room and when we checked in we were upgraded to a premier king room. It was a very nice room one of the BEST beds I have slept on in a hotel. We went to the casino and ended up winning $1,600 on a slot machine! It was so cool. Thanks Red Lion Hotel and Casino. That money paid for a lot of our vacation.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! We are Glad that you won a jackpot and that it was a nice way to end your trip! We look forward to your return visit!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Passing through
"Large, Clean, Quiet"
At first not excited to stay at a casino hotel, but I was very pleased when I got to my room. It was a large nicely decorated room. It was cool and clean. The bathroom was large and clean with nice towels and soaps. It was a comfortable bed I slept well. I ate at the restaurant and had a good steak dinner. My overhaul stay was great. I will return if in the area.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Marci, thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad to have established another loyal guest. We look forward to your return visit!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Marci
"Nice place but not happy."
We stayed here on our trip to Reno. It was a very nice facility and the staff were great but our non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes from a previous patron.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Ken, we are sorry that the odor made your stay unpleasant. We continue to address the challenges of reducing the odor.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Ken
"Great spot in the desert"
Great facility, great food and convenient location.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We are glad you chose the Red Lion Hotel & Casino, Larry and we look forward to your return visit!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay"
We enjoyed our stay. The pool was enjoyed by the young people and the gambling casino pleased the rest of us. The restaurant was also nice. Our only complaint; the room was not serviced during our stay there.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
I'm very sorry to hear that we missed servicing your room, Maite! On your return visit to the Red Lion, please let us know before you leave if everything is not to your liking. We appreciate your loyalty!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Maite
"Just ok"
This hotel needs updating. Room was clean. Good TV service. Good front desk service. However, carpets are old, balcony doors wouldn't open and shower had very low water pressure. I would stay here again as it is safe for this remote location. But improvements are needed.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize about the low pressure. We have corrected some water issues. Again, our apologies to you.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Not comfortable for non-smokers :("
Although this hotel was recently and nicely renovated, and is now a "non-smoking" hotel, it is NOT smoke free. Hotel management tries, and there are signs throughout the hotel, but I don't think they replaced the duct work when they renovated. So, if you run the a/c or heater, your room smells like stale cigarette smoke. Also, the registration desk, fitness room, Starbuck's, restaurants, etc are off of the smoke-filled casino. This is not a comfortable stay for non-smokers and people who are sensitive to allergens. That said, most of Nevada is not either and there are few options in Elko. However, for those travelers who are not bothered by cigarette smoke and allergies, this hotel is a good option as it is otherwise comfortable. The only other exception to comfort was that there was a problem with the water a couple hours after check-in. After a little while the water problem was fixed but then the water was silty for bit.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Our apologies to you. We are not a non-smoking hotel. I'm sorry that you were told that. Minimizing the odor remains a challenge to us. A significant portion of our clientele do smoke and we remain committed to welcoming all of our guests. Again, sincere apologies to you.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
Jen
"Outdated room."
The room needs to be updated, looked nothing like photo on website. Carpet is stained throughout and bedding needs to be replaced. It had been a long day of driving and we were only staying one night, so I didn't bother to request another room.
Our apologies to you.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Penny
"bad smoke smell but decent room"
A little pricey for the quality. I had a sore throat for days after staying here. We wanted to avoid the casino at all costs because of the cigarette smell, but the restaurants are adjacent to them and don't have walls or partitions. The room was freezing and no matter how we messed with the dial, we couldn't get it to warm up, and it was 40 degrees outside. We got two double beds, one was really nice, the other had the scratchiest fitted sheet I had ever felt in my life. It was crazy! It was nice having a mini fridge and the bathroom was clean and maintained.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a response Malia. We are sorry that the smoke odor had a negative effect on your health. We continue to face the challenge of reducing the odor. We are sorry that the AC didn't function properly. We do have evening maintenance on staff. If you ever have maintenance issues, please do not hesitate to call the front desk and we will respond. Again, our apologies to you Malia.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"In a Pinch"
The hotel overall was fine, I feel it was too expensive, the service was below satisfactory, staff wasn't very helpful it was like it was a chore for them to bring me extra blankets to my room that was literally a city block from the front desk. The coffee shop was overpriced and the food was not so good, cold and service took forever. Just not a great stay.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review Michele. We are very sorry that you experienced the problems you wrote about with our staff as well as the food in our Coffee Garden. Your comments will be reviewed by our department heads for additional training. We hope that you will give us another chance Michele so that we have an opportunity to "do things right!"
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Michele
"Desert stopover"
Not a bad stopover place, but a little pricey for the product.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for your comments.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Gaddy
"front desk service was very rude"
I was very dissapointed with the staff at the front desk. They were extremely rude. I would not go back to that hotel.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We're very sorry for your experience. We continue to train new staff on the value of excellence in customer service.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Room fine but everything smelled of smoke because of casino.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We apologize for the odor. We are working through the challenges of providing fresh filtered air for our guests. Glad to hear you liked our rooms!
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Very disappointed with the buffet; too expensive for what you offer.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We're very sorry that you didn't enjoy our buffet.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"close to everything"
The Hotel was very comfortable, attractive and clean. We would definitely stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to your return visit!
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
Theresa
"Poor"
Way over priced for this hotel. Have stayed in nicer places and have paid much less.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We're sorry that you felt our prices were a little high. Our rates are competitive with comparable hotels in Elko and we have been experiencing many sellout nights. The Elko economy is doing very well because of local mining and our business clientele supports the community and our hotel as well.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Great Experience! Liked the casino and the Aspen Restaurant was outstanding!!
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Great to hear! Thanks for visiting us - we look forward to your return visit!
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Terrible"
We reserved a king bed non smoking through this website. They have us a smoking room with two queens and were completely unwilling to change because we booked through the website. My husband and I were both suffering from head colds and the smoking room made is miserable all night.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
I am very sorry that we did not have availability to move you. Your head colds didn't make things any better. Our apologies to you.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Nice place to stay and play..."
Check in is always easy here and they are polite and try to help you in any way they can. Rooms could be somewhat cleaner. No screens on windows so can't let in fresh air. Other than that it was a wonderful and fun time.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review. Glad you had a wonderful and fun time. Your review has been forwarded to our maintenance department regarding your comment on our windows. Our apologies that you were unable to bring fresh air into your room.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Slow Wi-Fi"
The hotel was totally sold out. Heavy demand for wi-fi and it was hard to connect. Wi-fi was fine in the late evening and morning.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thanks for posting a review. We are glad the internet was able to handle the demand in the evening and morning, but we will investigate our bandwidth for high demand times. Thank you for letting us know.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
"Pathetic"
Room was depressing and bedspread and linens looked old It appeared that someone had been sitting on our bed prior to us getting in to the room Stay away this place is old and funky it needs to be destroyed if you're a non-smoker don't even come close to this place we were in non-smoking section and it was like walking into an ashtray!
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We're sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.
1 night business trip May 12, 2014
"Expensive and tacky."
Average hotel that was expensive for what ou get. If you like casinos - fine, but as a hotel it was overpriced.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
We are sorry that our competitive rates seemed a little high to you. Unlike the national economy, Elko's economy is very strong due to local gold mining and the strength of our economy drives hotel rates throughout our community.
2 night trip May 6, 2014
M - S
"Much improved"
I dont know if i got lucky or if they completely upgraded the rooms, but my stay this time compared to october 2013 was night and day. My room this time had a microwave and small fridge. The bathroom seemed to have been newly remodeled. The room was great for the price
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thanks, Jeff for posting a review. We are glad that you noticed an improvement and that the price was right for your accommodations. For your next stay, please mention that you want a room with a micro-fridge as we do offer budget rooms that are not equipped with a micro-fridge. Again, thanks for choosing the Red Lion Hotel & Casino.
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
Room was clean, staff was friendly and breakfast was good.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad to hear you had a good stay with us. Looking forward to your return visit.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Rooms were clean, overall in good condition. I felt it was a bit noisy, I could here the traffic go by, doors closing and such.Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, I would stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel & Casino and thank you for posting a review. We look forward to your return visit!
Other trip May 5, 2014
it was great everyone was vary nice the only thing I would change is the food is way to much there should be a place to eat there that don't cost you so much.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel and Casino. It is nice to hear that our staff treated you well. We are sorry that our food prices seem high to you. There doesn't seem to be any relief coming in the costs we experience in finding the best food products at the lowest available price. Thanks again for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great Location in Elko"
Hotel has been around for a long time... rooms have been remodeled and are nice. Good comfortable beds etc. There are no refrigerators in the room. Overall it was a great stay. However when we checked in... we got into the room and although the bed was cleaned.... the bathrooms was not. There was dirty towel in the bathroom, soap in the shower and the garbage. I called the hotel desk and asked them to send someone to clean it... but 1 hour later still not clean. Called again and then someone came to clean it. Talked to manager and they said because i booked on Expedia they did not know how much I paid so could not offer me a discount??? Strange... I am still waiting for them to compensate me for this fiasco.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Ashton
"Horrible"
I do not know where to start. I arrived and went to check in and the desk clerk said they did not have the room I asked for. He asked if that was a problem and I said yes. He said, "Oh, OK." No apology, then just gave me my keys. The room smelled like smoke. Very strong, despite being a nonsmoking room. There was a hole in the wall and ceiling. I called down and asked for more pillows and an additional blanket. An hour later nothing had arrived so I called again. The desk clerk said, "I guess I can ask again." Again no apology. When the person arrived they had a blanket and no pillows. I was fed up and called the corporate office. I was able to get my remaining 3 nights refunded and check into a different hotel. The hotel manager did finally call and apologize. She offered me 50% of my next stay, which I declined. Horrible service, bad room. Definitely not worth the price. Stay somewhere else.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Our sincere apologies to you.
4 night family trip Mar 26, 2014
"Clean and easy"
Reserved the room through hotels.com, easy and complete, clean hotel...
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad to hear your experience was a typical stay at our hotel. Thanks for posting a review. We look forward to your return visit!
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
KC
"Business Trip / Nice Hotel"
Great
Thank you!
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
Wow! We weren't expecting much but this hotel was really great! The beds were comfortable and the service was wonderful. My only negative was that there was a mold problem in the bathroom. I figured this was due to there being no vent of any kind in there but it was kind of gross. Other than this minor glitch it was a great stay!
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for taking the time to post a response. We take all guest comments seriously. We are very sorry that you spotted a problem in the bathroom. We have taken care of it and we appreciate your letting us know. We look forward to your return visit.
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2014
Lyss
"."
Probably the best hotel in Elko....will probably only stay here when we go to visit relatives.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad to hear! We hope that your relatives enjoy frequent visits! Thanks for staying with us! We look forward to your return visit!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Clean room - Good Staff"
They say check in is at 4. They stick close to this . I came in early but they were able to find me a room. Room was updated but interior of hallways was dated. Bed comfortable
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad that we were able to accommodate your early arrival. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks for choosing the Red Lion Hotel & Casino!
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
I hate the casino environment, and although our room was in the furthest away annex building, you still have to enter the casino area to check in and out. The halls smelled of smoke, although thankfully our room was okay. The neighbors were super noisy, and took forever to get ready and leave at 6 a.m.! I know the hotel can't be blamed for that, it can happen anywhere. The beds were super comfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Great time. Some of the arcade machines in the lobby didn't work. Everything else was wonderful!
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
Elicia
"great stop!"
We have traveled this route from California to Utah for the past 3 years, this was the best stopover we've had. The people of elko are friendly, and our kids loved the seafood buffet in the hotel lobby. Their only complaint was cigarette smoke smell from the casino. That's to be expected though, and we will stop there again next year!
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a review. We continue to address the challenge of reducing the odor of smoke. So glad you enjoyed our Seafood Buffet! We look forward to your return visit!
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"ROOM"
I had a non-smoking room but the smell of smoke was evident and the ac did not work adequately. This hotel was overall quiet but did not provide room service.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Thank you for posting a brief review. We continue to work on the smoke odor. I apologize that the AC didn't keep your room cool enough. This has been reported to our maintenance staff. The kitchen location and the location of the rooms does not provide a clear delivery route, plus the distance traveled could not guarantee the delivery of hot food. Again, my apologies.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Relocation road trip overnight nirvana stop"
After a so so experience and an absolute worst experience the previous nights, the Red Lion stay was fantastic! Clean , comfortable, great food with variety, great friendly service! Left wanting to stay another night but on a timetable. Recommended as a #1 place to stay.
Response by Red Lion Hotel and Casino Elko
Glad to hear that you had a great time at our hotel!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014