All hotels in Missoula, Montana, United States of America
100 Madison Street, Missoula, MT, 59802, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

Great room. And the on site restaurant has some amazing choices. And a great view of the river
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Bring your own shower cap!"
At the price charged, I was disappointed by this property. For a start, the doorway to the wing entrance was not well kept with dead leaves piling up around the sidewalk. The passenger elevator to the upstairs has the interior ambiance of a freight elevator. Upon entering the room, we found a cracked sink, and a refrigerator in the bath/sink area with the cord ungraciously draped over the edge of the sink counter to a plug. The bathroom amenities are minimal and do not include a shower cap, which we did not discover until the morning (you can go to the front desk and ask for one to be provided). I guess the price to value ratio was all balanced out by a magnificent view of the parking lot.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Met a girl friend haven't seen in a few years, had a great time.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Not happy"
Delapitated and dated...
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Great hotel to stay at."
Everything and everyone was great! Was disappointed after the picture of the river was so beautiful and then it turned out to be completely different was a surprise. BUT everything was really good.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Good enough but..."
Friendly staff and the place is clean. The hotel is very large and looks like they chose to renovate something from the 70s into a kind of swanky hotel and conference center. I was charged for a baby bed and wasn't told they were charging me until I checked out. This seems to be the last hotel in America to charge for a pack and play crib. I would pass on this place if I pass through again.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Kurt
"Very Nice Hotel"
Very nice hotel. Rooms are big and CLEAN. Beds are comfy. Only drawback was no fridge in my room, but other than that, great rooms.
4 night business trip May 10, 2015
"Double Tree by Hilton, Missoula, MT"
Beds were wonderful. Stairs to climb, and a toilet way too low to the floor. Probably would not stay again as our old bones don't like low toilets and stairs. Nice tho for the younger people who travel with one teeny bag and don't have trouble standing up from a squatting position. :)
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Lee
"Great Staff, especially front desk!"
Thought the hotel was somewhat below typical Hilton standards, but its probably far better than the majority where located. Staff at front desk was extremely helpful in mapping and displaying a small facility on the large campus of University of Montana. I really needed and appreciated their extra effort in helping me arrive at an important event in a timely manner. A courteous, cheerful, helpful staff can never be over-valued for my own taste. Thanks. Hope they receive some good comments.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
Frederick L
The hotel was good, room was clean, bed super uncomfortable, no shampoos or anything in the bathroom. Very basic room it worked ok for us since we were out and about doing things during the day. The swimming pool was nice. It was outside but warm enough for the kids to swim.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
michelle
"Vacation stay"
we have always loved the Doubletree, but this time our room seemed dated and the heat remained on all night so we were very uncomfortable. we may stay elsewhere when we come through Missoula again.
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
barbara l.
Nice rooms with a great view of the river, friendly service and good food.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Clean, comfortable, close to river and University."
Our room had an open out door balcony that viewed the river and University. During the early mornings we sat and watched a large bird build it's nest.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Best service in town"
The service at this hotel is always great. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. This is the only place I stay when I come to Missoula.
2 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Colin
"Comfortable"
Quiet, friendly staff and convenient location
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
Debbi
"Very comfortable stay"
Great location, right on the river. Older hotel but very nice big rooms with balconies. Some rooms have fridges. No complimentary breakfasts but a nice restaurant and bar overlooking the river. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Doreen
"Pleasant stay at the Double Tree"
Was a great stay
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Good Location close to U of M"
This hotel was just fine. It was in good condition, the rooms were spacious and clean. Really nothing stood out in a bad way. The only issue is that from the exterior, the hotel looks pretty tired. Inside was OK.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Riverside hospitality"
The Doubletree was recommended to me by a local, who said it would be near the university. I found that it was indeed a 10-minute walk to the University Center, where I was attending a conference. My room was on the ground floor, with a little patio looking at the river--a really nice feature on the warm afternoons where I got a drink from the bar and carried it back to enjoy out there. The king bed was really comfy, with lots of pillows of different firmness--I am always happy to find at least one nice soft pillow. There was no fridge or mini-bar, but I did use the very quick one- or two-cup coffee maker a couple of times. There is free coffee, filtered ice water, and usually a basket of great chocolate chip & walnut cookies at the front desk.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Location Location Location"
I chose this hotel JUST for it's location to the University. One thing to note is that the walls are PAPER THIN! I heard stuff in the wee hours that didn't need to be heard. Staff was very accommodating when we had a noise problem during the day. Would I stay here again....? Closeness and walk ability to University is great BUT a good nights sleep maybe better.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Everything except the shower was great"
Everything was great, except the shower. The water wouldn't stay at a consistent temperature, so you would get scalding hot water for a few seconds, comfortable water for a spell and then freezing cold water for a few seconds.
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Perfect location for visiting a UM student. Terrific Happy Hour at adjoining breakfast.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Not worth the money"
There is definitely nicer hotels in Missoula for cheaper.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
good view of the river, restaurant on location with excellent food.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"great time"
We had a great time. Service was great but whoever was house keeping was being very impatient with us. Our checkout was at noon, and they knocked on our door 3 different times between 9am and 11am. We thought that was rude after the first time.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Close to University - within walking distance"
first room had very bad odor (urine?) but staff moved us staff was not super friendly upon check-in; did not offer us any information about area - or inquire why we were in town; did not give us good directions to university (which was right next door); did not seem to know much
"Best hotel in Missoula"
Definitely one of the nicer hotels in Missoula, and even though it is older, the amenities are very nice. Great service
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2015
Shannon
Great location to downtown and the U of Montana.. Also great to be on the river.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good for its age"
Definitely weathered. But good nevertheless.
3 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
"River View"
Lovely view of the River is a must to view the hills, university and all the river action, no matter the season! The room had a nice layout with great internet access. The restaurant was lovely with the view and the food was delicious! You just can't beat a place that gives you warm cookies when you check in!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Plant Lady
"fair"
Room was stuffy smelling but seemed clean. Staff was great.
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
"Very nice hotel and pet friendly!"
We stayed for two nights with our medium sized dog. We haven't stayed in a hotel with him before so we weren't sure how he'd react to being left alone in his crate in the room, so the clerk gave us a top floor room at the very end (the hotel wasn't very full at the time). He did fine and we appreciated the extra attention.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
L
"Great Stop Thru"
Older hotel with great service, great on/off I-90, fast food very close, good restaurants within 10 minutes. Rooms VERY comfortable...
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Jeffrey
"View from balcony overlooking the river was great"
View from balcony overlooking the river was great especially at night with the bridge lit up, however the beds were rock hard, or as my daughter put it 'deceptively cushy'. And not enough blankets for the cold winter night.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"An oldie yet a goodie."
Why, when a hotel is nearly empty does the desk staff often put a solo traveler next to a family with screaming kids...? Cigarette smoke seeped into my room such that I had to open the sliding glass doors in 30-degree F weather.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"A Wonderful Respite"
So comfortable! The beds were AMAZING!
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Rebecca
"Missoula Doubletree"
We had a good time. Food was good, a little pricey. Rooms were surprisingly on the lower end. Holiday Inn Express has nicer rooms. Location was great in downtown & to College stadium & parking was very close to rooms.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Loved the location!!"
Great location on the river so you have gorgeous scenery as well as within walking distance to the Griz stadium
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Alright, but expensive for just a cookie"
Dated hotel with mediocre service. Needs an entire update, getting passed by by newer chains in area. Beds are comfortable, but overall not worth the premium price.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
Outstanding location, but fairly basic room. No mini fridge, no microwave. Loud train whistles late in the evening. Staff pleasant, professional and helpful. Room was very clean. Excellent restaurant on site. The local newspaper was not delivered to all rooms ...
3 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
Marcia
"Very nice."
Very nice room. Staff was very helpful. Convenient location to the university.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Penni
"River Stay"
The hotel has gone through some improvements, the front lobby would lead you to believe the rooms are much nicer than they are. They are very clean but paint & linens cannot disguise how dated the hotel is. You have to pay more to be on the river. I think if you are ground floor you should pay less. It's so noisy, I could hear every vacuum, door slam, as well as anyone upstairs. A peaceful nights rest on the river did not happen. I can say, the service is wonderful, friendly & helpful!
2 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
kate
The restaurant and bar areas are very nice: food and service was excellent. Negatives: pillows were way too soft and uncomfortable; the AC vent was noisy.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Ideal location by the Clark Fork river with access to the trail. Minutes from the University campus. Shuttle service available.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Alec
"River view rooms, doesn't mean you get one."
Staff was friendly enough and I realize it was a Labor Day Holiday. But our bathroom floor had long black hair on it. We did bring it up to the motel staff, they offered to put us in another room but no guarantee it would be nicer. The Coffee station had no sugar, the mattress had what looked like someone blew their nose on under the bed skirt. ( I always look for bed bugs too, thank god they didn't have those) The room could not be aired out with the patio doors because there were so many cig butts laying on the ground where people had stepped outside to smoke.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Fred
"Just passing through"
Lovely hotel. The view from the restaurant was very nice.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Smelly"
This was the most disappointing DoubleTree I have ever stayed in. Although they did support our request for an early check-in, I was disappointed to find mildew in the grout. The bathroom simply smelled dirty. The room itself was fine.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Blast from the Past"
Not happy with what appeared to be a fixed up HoJo ar first. I felt better after checking in because it was redesigned and updated well. The rooms were large and comfortable. Hated the popcorn ceiling. I don't like motels with outside entrances like this has. But I think it is a good idea to keep older structures in good shape. It fit with the Missula personality.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Dru
"Great location, Hotel is a 70's style"
Rooms and Hotel were great and the Staff was very helpful. If you want to see a real 70's phone station look at the pay phones next to the conference room. The food from room service was great. real close to the downtown without being in downtown.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Rob
"Make sure which room you're reserving"
I would recommend this hotel. My review is actually of hotels.com. Photos of balcony rooms show the river. I reserved a king balcony room but you can be sure I would have never ponied up the extra dollars for a balcony overlooking a parking lot. The reservation options need to be more clear about this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has, sadly, paid extra for a view of a car lot.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014