All hotels in Missoula, Montana, United States of America
700 W Broadway St, Missoula, MT, 59802, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not good for the money......"
The best part of this hotel is inside the room... Outside is a different story... Pool and spa broken and check in person said this has been like this for months... No free breakfast... though advertised... tacky paint job on doors...Outside the place looked run down... Would stay some where else next time....
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your room! We are in the process of painting the exterior of the hotel, and the project has proven to be more extensive than originally anticipated. We do have a free breakfast, Monday through Friday, from 6am-9am, and Saturday and Sunday from 7am-10am. We have experienced several issues with our pool this summer, and have updated all online booking sites with this information, and I am sorry if this affected your stay with us. However, as of the first week of August, our pool has been open, and operating smoothly ever since. The hours of operation are 9am to 10pm.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2015
Doug
"I would stay again"
I really like this hotel!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"nice"
A medical appt. Close to hospital very convenient. The hotel was undergoing renovations, it was not obtrusive. Very comfortable and clean.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Leslie
"Testy Fest Sucked but the Red Lion Rocked It!"
It was a very nice stay in Missoula. The beds were awesome and the crew was amazing.The Testy Fest sucked but our stay at the Red Lion was very comfy and relaxing.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
5 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
james
"Reasonable and convenient place in Missoula"
My wife and I stayed here on a vacation trip to Missoula. The hotel location is convenient. The rooms were large and comfortable. The room was clean ... the carpet was a bit worn but other than that things were in good shape. I would stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
5 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Needs updating!"
Pool is very dirty looking so we didn't swim.very few Plug-ins in rooms, hard to get to. Fan in bathroom did not work. Will be staying somewhere else next time.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am sorry the pool was not operating during your stay and your overall experience was not as expected.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
derek
Pool was not open, but didn't go to swim. Breakfast was good and service was great. Good location to Osprey Baseball field.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and guest service! We hope to see you again soon.
4 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
The pool was closed, didn't state that when we made the reservation. There were numerous wasp nests outside the rooms - a few got in our room when we were unpacking the car
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that our pool was not open during your stay, and that your were not informed at the time your reservation was made.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Okay far one night"
Older hotel, not in great shape. Friendly, helpful front desk staff.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review!
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Casey
"Red Lion Inn, Missoula is a good place to stay."
Our stay at the Red Lion Inn Missoula was a brief overnight stay as we were driving through Montana. We found the room clean and comfortable, the location was easy to find and convenient to the town and the highway. The breakfast which was included was excellent. If asked we would say Yes, the Red Lion Inn Missoula is a good place to stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Andre
Appeared to be older hotel recently renovated. Close to downtown. Decent place to spend the night.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"not bad"
Loved it all except being told as I checked in the pool was down. Wish I would have known when I booked a week before.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that the pool was not available during your stay, and that you were not told at the time that you made your reservation.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
joshua
Overall a good bargain. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. Breakfast was better than most. The hotel is not located near anything so it's a long walk or drive to most shops and restaurants.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Was stinky like cigarettes. Microwave didn't work. Bathroom Fan didn't work.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you experienced problems during your stay, and we have since repaired these issues.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Kris
The hotel was being renovated. It would have been nice to know this in advance. We chose this hotel because of the outdoor pool which was closed (no notice given).
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I am sorry that the pool was not available during your stay. We have updated all of our partner's websites with the appropriate information.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Pati
One night, quick stay. Friendly staff and easy to get to everything in area. Very quiet.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Waffles for breakfast!"
Clean and convenient, but they are in the middle of some remodeling, so it doesn't look as nice as it could.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Warren
"Convenient, clean..."
Comfortable room. Great Staff!
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Great rate, great room"
Spent one night in Missoula on our way to Glacier National Park. Very low rate and very nice room. Comfortable bed, newly remodeled bathroom. Nice location close to downtown. Quality breakfast and accommodations. Hotel is under a remodel and pool and spa were closed but that didn't impact our stay at all.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Matthew
"4 stars"
Hotel is little run down need to do more cleaning on stairway the room is prety clean . The location is very convenience the market is next to the hotel. One river is across the street . very relax and beatiful area . restaurents is walking distance. You see mountains surrond you .
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Tu
Pool was out of service and the doors to the rooms still had tape around them from when they painted.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am so sorry that our pool was out of service during your stay. We are still in the process of painting, so the tape hasn't been removed completely, and I apologize if this affected your stay.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Dirty, smelly & janky"
The room was pretty hit up and could use some deep cleaning. I had to shoulder the door open to get in. The shower was filthy and mold growing all over. The outside area and lobby smelled dirty and was not kept up well.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. I am sorry that you experienced many problems during your stay. This is certainly not the type of stay we wish our guests to have! I have already addressed the cleanliness problem in the shower with housekeeping and followed up with the front desk regarding the condition of the lobby.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Good if everything else is booked"
Nice staff, but quite outdated building. If it would've cost $100, we wouldn't have questioned it, but it was definitely not $200 worth!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I am sorry that you were unhappy with the price of your room, but glad to hear that you thought our staff was so nice. We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Ghetto hotel at a premium price"
Very overpriced. Breakfast looked like it was reasonable, but could not take advantage of it. Rooms were comfortable and clean, but the parking lot was very dirty and the outside of the hotel was very run down. Shower was small with super low water pressure. Will not stay there again--I expected more, given the premium price.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I am glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, and sorry that the parking lot was neglected and your shower was not acceptable. We take all guest complaints seriously and I will do my best to locate the room you were in to make sure the water pressure is repaired.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Nice hotel but our room had broken air conditioner"
The room was fine. The air conditioning unit was not functional, and it was a hot night. The clerk found us a box fan, which stirred the hot air and provided just enough breeze to make some sleep possible - but we were expecting and needed air conditioning. Neither the evening clerk when we checked in nor the morning clerk when we checked out offered us any compensation for the lack of air conditioning. We would expect a cut to our rate from a chain of this reputation, but got nothing.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! I am sorry that you did not have working air conditioning in your room, and that there was no compensation offered. I would like to offer a discount on the room, so please look for a credit to your account. We hope to see you again!
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Kenneth
The exterior was beyond painted so the room numbers, which are on the exterior door, were quite difficult to find. Once inside, it was fine.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Joan
"So so"
room was piping hot as AC not working and night staff was reluctant to move me. Once he did it was comfy for a discount feeling motel.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I'm sorry that you felt the front desk was reluctant to be helpful, but glad that your new room was more comfortable. We hope to see you again!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
Alanna
"Gross and out of the way."
Remember that old motel you stopped at on a road trip with the family in the 1970s? This is that hotel. Literally...I do not think the carpet, drapes or bedding has been updated since then. I found hairs in the bathtub, the a/c unit was falling apart and I could see daylight around the door when it was shut. I wish I had stayed somewhere else for another $10. There were several better options closer to downtown.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are sorry to hear that your stay was so uncomfortable. We take all of our guest complaints very seriously and will follow up with the appropriate staff in order to resolve these issues.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"No Complaints"
It was one of the better hotels on our cross country trip.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
the pool didn't work yet nothing was on a website and the room smelled musty.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We are sorry that the pool was not operating during your stay and have made sure to update the Expedia website.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
The facility, staff, and location were all very good. Rooms and area were quite.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your positive review! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
jim
"Relaxing Stay"
Very comfortable beds, good breakfast, grocery store near, microbrewery and bicycle trail nearby
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Edward
""Good Morning" would be nice!"
I was on business in Missoula and stayed a total of 12 days. Overall I was pleased with the location. it is located within walking distance to downtown and and the "river walk" is very nice. I remember the heydays of the Red Lion Group when they were second to none. This location is old, but comfortable and it looks like they are starting to make improvement. If I have one criticism it would be that the front counter personnel were not very friendly. Every morning I would go to breakfast and out of the 12 days I only received a good morning 2-3 times. There was very little personal contact or interaction with the guest. Didn't get that "welcome" feeling.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear that you felt the front desk was not very welcoming and friendly. Making our guests feel comfortable and important is a priority, and I will make sure to follow up with the front desk team. We hope to see you again!
12 night business trip May 31, 2015
Romon
"Super comfy beds!"
The beds are so comfortable! This time I stayed on the lower level and could hear footsteps from above. I have stayed on the upper level and will do so for my next stay. No elevators.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Dawn
"Nice place."
It was good.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your positive review!
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Decent room"
Decent room
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a positive review!
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Matthew
"Comfortable"
Very comfortable room and good service.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Midweek price was very fair for services"
Stayed midweek here and for the price was overall great. Not super fancy, but comfortable. Some of the furniture in the room showed signs of wear, the picture on the TV was a bit off, but we weren't looking for high class luxury. The breakfast is pretty good though, you get hot items as well as your classic cereal and bread products, the waffle maker was my favorite. Plus there is always free coffee/tea available in the lobby which was a nice touch. Personnel were very friendly and the location is just a few blocks from the downtown area which is nice which means we didn't have to do a lot of extra driving.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"stay here"
Worth the little more you'll pay, yet still affordable. Nicer and more comfortable than most other hotels in the area.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"good room!"
Enjoyed the very comfortable room. Wouldve liked a delivery menu and area restaurants.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review! We hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Best Bed, Good Location, good price"
Best bed, excellent firm / softness, great sheets, etc. Lots of hot water, fridge was nice and roomy. I would have rated the room a 3 except the bed was so nice. A lower rating because the room was so so "old" smelling, I thought it was used for smoking. But, the smell was not quite a smoke smell but rather an old smell, musty like. The smell was strong ... kind of like a 1950's New York hotel needing renovation, the smell of time having pasted. Room was nice, bed was great but the musty old smell was pervasive in my room. fyi.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, but sorry to hear that your room had such a terrible smell. I will follow up with housekeeping as soon as possible, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Wm BD
"Good place to stay for the cost"
Great place, A/C did not work exactly right but was comfortable. Breakfast was great
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry that your air conditioner didn't work quite right, but glad that you enjoyed our breakfast!
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
ralph
"Nice Hotel, Fair Price, Recently Updated."
Overnight stay. SImple no problem stay. Quiet AC/Heater.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
JLD
It is downtown so lots of restaurants to walk to along with being just a half a block off of the river. If your on vacation with a bike it is a great spot. I was just passing through but if I go that way again I'll stay there.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Had a good experience."
Everything went well. They had a better than average breakfast.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Very adequate hotel. Looks a bit dated but nice."
The hotel staff, particularly the ladies working the breakfast bar, were very polite and helpful.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Montie
"Did the job for a good price"
We stayed here while on a road trip. It worked well and was comfortable.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were so comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip May 24, 2015
tommy pickles
"No roll in shower or towel racks or clothes hooks"
Even though we confirmed the wheel-in shower and the accessible room we were bumped out of the accessible room by Expedia without anyone telling us even though our receipt said we had it. Fortunately I called to confirm again and the hotel staff Tanya and Expedia got us back in that room which is a necessity for us but there was no roll in shower, just a bathtub with handheld shower unit. No towel racks. Hot tub not working. Otherwise, it was fine. Great staff and location.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. I am sorry that your room type was changed, but glad that Tanya was able to sort things out for you. We do have a room with a roll-in shower, but it looks like your room had two beds, and our roll-in shower only has one bed in it. I am sorry there were no towel racks in your room, and I will get maintenance on that right away!
Other trip May 23, 2015
Jules
"A nice comfortable stay"
Pleasant clean room on the 2nd floor. Bed and sheets were soft and quite comfortable. Shower water was hot and pressure was fine. The room was very quiet at night, and the downtown restaurants were just a few blocks walk away. The special room rate was excellent and I would book there again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Robin
"Red Lion in Missoula"
The staff was welcoming and willing to help. The room was satisfactory -- a bit on the small side but comfortable. The Business Center was not set up for printing and the staff member, thought willing to help, was not trained to help with the computer. I thought the room rate was high given the overall accommodation.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your time, although I am sorry that you experienced problems with the guest printer. I will make sure that it is working properly and follow up with the front desk.
5 night family trip May 14, 2015