All hotels in Missoula, Montana, United States of America
700 W Broadway St, Missoula, MT, 59802, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay far one night"
Older hotel, not in great shape. Friendly, helpful front desk staff.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Casey
"Red Lion Inn, Missoula is a good place to stay."
Our stay at the Red Lion Inn Missoula was a brief overnight stay as we were driving through Montana. We found the room clean and comfortable, the location was easy to find and convenient to the town and the highway. The breakfast which was included was excellent. If asked we would say Yes, the Red Lion Inn Missoula is a good place to stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Andre
Appeared to be older hotel recently renovated. Close to downtown. Decent place to spend the night.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"not bad"
Loved it all except being told as I checked in the pool was down. Wish I would have known when I booked a week before.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
joshua
Overall a good bargain. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. Breakfast was better than most. The hotel is not located near anything so it's a long walk or drive to most shops and restaurants.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Was stinky like cigarettes. Microwave didn't work. Bathroom Fan didn't work.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Kris
The hotel was being renovated. It would have been nice to know this in advance. We chose this hotel because of the outdoor pool which was closed (no notice given).
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I am sorry that the pool was not available during your stay. We have updated all of our partner's websites with the appropriate information.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Pati
One night, quick stay. Friendly staff and easy to get to everything in area. Very quiet.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Waffles for breakfast!"
Clean and convenient, but they are in the middle of some remodeling, so it doesn't look as nice as it could.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Warren
"Convenient, clean..."
Comfortable room. Great Staff!
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Great rate, great room"
Spent one night in Missoula on our way to Glacier National Park. Very low rate and very nice room. Comfortable bed, newly remodeled bathroom. Nice location close to downtown. Quality breakfast and accommodations. Hotel is under a remodel and pool and spa were closed but that didn't impact our stay at all.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Matthew
"4 stars"
Hotel is little run down need to do more cleaning on stairway the room is prety clean . The location is very convenience the market is next to the hotel. One river is across the street . very relax and beatiful area . restaurents is walking distance. You see mountains surrond you .
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Tu
Pool was out of service and the doors to the rooms still had tape around them from when they painted.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am so sorry that our pool was out of service during your stay. We are still in the process of painting, so the tape hasn't been removed completely, and I apologize if this affected your stay.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Dirty, smelly & janky"
The room was pretty hit up and could use some deep cleaning. I had to shoulder the door open to get in. The shower was filthy and mold growing all over. The outside area and lobby smelled dirty and was not kept up well.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. I am sorry that you experienced many problems during your stay. This is certainly not the type of stay we wish our guests to have! I have already addressed the cleanliness problem in the shower with housekeeping and followed up with the front desk regarding the condition of the lobby.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Good if everything else is booked"
Nice staff, but quite outdated building. If it would've cost $100, we wouldn't have questioned it, but it was definitely not $200 worth!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I am sorry that you were unhappy with the price of your room, but glad to hear that you thought our staff was so nice. We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Ghetto hotel at a premium price"
Very overpriced. Breakfast looked like it was reasonable, but could not take advantage of it. Rooms were comfortable and clean, but the parking lot was very dirty and the outside of the hotel was very run down. Shower was small with super low water pressure. Will not stay there again--I expected more, given the premium price.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I am glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, and sorry that the parking lot was neglected and your shower was not acceptable. We take all guest complaints seriously and I will do my best to locate the room you were in to make sure the water pressure is repaired.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Nice hotel but our room had broken air conditioner"
The room was fine. The air conditioning unit was not functional, and it was a hot night. The clerk found us a box fan, which stirred the hot air and provided just enough breeze to make some sleep possible - but we were expecting and needed air conditioning. Neither the evening clerk when we checked in nor the morning clerk when we checked out offered us any compensation for the lack of air conditioning. We would expect a cut to our rate from a chain of this reputation, but got nothing.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! I am sorry that you did not have working air conditioning in your room, and that there was no compensation offered. I would like to offer a discount on the room, so please look for a credit to your account. We hope to see you again!
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Kenneth
The exterior was beyond painted so the room numbers, which are on the exterior door, were quite difficult to find. Once inside, it was fine.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Joan
"So so"
room was piping hot as AC not working and night staff was reluctant to move me. Once he did it was comfy for a discount feeling motel.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I'm sorry that you felt the front desk was reluctant to be helpful, but glad that your new room was more comfortable. We hope to see you again!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
Alanna
"Gross and out of the way."
Remember that old motel you stopped at on a road trip with the family in the 1970s? This is that hotel. Literally...I do not think the carpet, drapes or bedding has been updated since then. I found hairs in the bathtub, the a/c unit was falling apart and I could see daylight around the door when it was shut. I wish I had stayed somewhere else for another $10. There were several better options closer to downtown.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are sorry to hear that your stay was so uncomfortable. We take all of our guest complaints very seriously and will follow up with the appropriate staff in order to resolve these issues.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"No Complaints"
It was one of the better hotels on our cross country trip.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
the pool didn't work yet nothing was on a website and the room smelled musty.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We are sorry that the pool was not operating during your stay and have made sure to update the Expedia website.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
The facility, staff, and location were all very good. Rooms and area were quite.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your positive review! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
jim
"Relaxing Stay"
Very comfortable beds, good breakfast, grocery store near, microbrewery and bicycle trail nearby
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Edward
""Good Morning" would be nice!"
I was on business in Missoula and stayed a total of 12 days. Overall I was pleased with the location. it is located within walking distance to downtown and and the "river walk" is very nice. I remember the heydays of the Red Lion Group when they were second to none. This location is old, but comfortable and it looks like they are starting to make improvement. If I have one criticism it would be that the front counter personnel were not very friendly. Every morning I would go to breakfast and out of the 12 days I only received a good morning 2-3 times. There was very little personal contact or interaction with the guest. Didn't get that "welcome" feeling.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear that you felt the front desk was not very welcoming and friendly. Making our guests feel comfortable and important is a priority, and I will make sure to follow up with the front desk team. We hope to see you again!
12 night business trip May 31, 2015
Romon
"Super comfy beds!"
The beds are so comfortable! This time I stayed on the lower level and could hear footsteps from above. I have stayed on the upper level and will do so for my next stay. No elevators.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Dawn
"Nice place."
It was good.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your positive review!
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Decent room"
Decent room
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a positive review!
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Matthew
"Comfortable"
Very comfortable room and good service.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Midweek price was very fair for services"
Stayed midweek here and for the price was overall great. Not super fancy, but comfortable. Some of the furniture in the room showed signs of wear, the picture on the TV was a bit off, but we weren't looking for high class luxury. The breakfast is pretty good though, you get hot items as well as your classic cereal and bread products, the waffle maker was my favorite. Plus there is always free coffee/tea available in the lobby which was a nice touch. Personnel were very friendly and the location is just a few blocks from the downtown area which is nice which means we didn't have to do a lot of extra driving.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"stay here"
Worth the little more you'll pay, yet still affordable. Nicer and more comfortable than most other hotels in the area.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"good room!"
Enjoyed the very comfortable room. Wouldve liked a delivery menu and area restaurants.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review! We hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Good place to stay for the cost"
Great place, A/C did not work exactly right but was comfortable. Breakfast was great
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry that your air conditioner didn't work quite right, but glad that you enjoyed our breakfast!
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
ralph
It is downtown so lots of restaurants to walk to along with being just a half a block off of the river. If your on vacation with a bike it is a great spot. I was just passing through but if I go that way again I'll stay there.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Red Lion in Missoula"
The staff was welcoming and willing to help. The room was satisfactory -- a bit on the small side but comfortable. The Business Center was not set up for printing and the staff member, thought willing to help, was not trained to help with the computer. I thought the room rate was high given the overall accommodation.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your time, although I am sorry that you experienced problems with the guest printer. I will make sure that it is working properly and follow up with the front desk.
5 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Great Hotel in Missoula"
I was very eased with my room. It was spacious with a nice bedding,big Flat screen TV and wonderful bathroom amenities. It vas located just a couple blocks from downtown near all the restaurants and close to the River Trail. Staff was friends dly and accomodating. Breakfast was satisfactory. I would def stay here again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for posting a review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Missoula. We hope to see you again!
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
Judy
"Hot Breakfast not so hot"
Upon check-in, we thought it would be great. (Although no cookies as described) The gentleman was courteous and friendly. The next morning, major issues. The gentleman the night before said breakfast was up from 6am to 10am. That's one of the reasons we stayed there because of the breakfast. WE almost stayed at Holiday Inn Downtown which was where our meeting was. WE arrived in the lobby at 9:17am and the breakfast was already down. The woman said it's issued on the room keys the time it happens, they were not, nor were the times issued on the room key sleeve, nor in the hotel information book in the rooms. This left a very sour taste and I expressed to the woman that it was illegal to say one thing and do another. She got angry with me and I told her that Red Lion has lost my business. I used to bring numerous groups to the Red Lion chain since I was a travel agent for 26 years and now I do conference coordination. How sad that a simple breakfast and rudeness can dismiss so much business in a matter of a few moments. I am bringing a conference to Missoula in October and I will NOT recommend Red Lion.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that your experience was not satisfactory and that you were given conflicting information. I have already spoken with the front desk to make sure they are giving the correct breakfast times. We will make sure to update our signage, and please do consider us in the future.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
"Passing through from Seattle to Cleveland"
Great little room. Huge bathroom! Average breakfast in the morning. Nothing special or fancy, but perfect for one night or a few as long as you're not planning to spend too much time at the hotel. Pets allowed!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
kelsey
"Red Lion review"
The hotel was very nice. Good towels and good food for morning buffet.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you so much for your positive review! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Gail
"Comfortable bed and close to everything"
The bed was so comfortable I think I melted into it! I really liked the roominess and layout of the room
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
"great value for the money"
comfortable hotel. Continental breakfast was great. Room was clean and the price was great.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Ok for the price."
Compared to other Red Lion Inns, I was disappointed. This was more of a motel than hotel. Rooms were old and shabby. Located in a busy part of town. Office staff were very friendly. Room service came while we were in the room, we left shortly after but they never came back later.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for posting a review! I'm sorry that your room did not get cleaned and will make sure to follow up with the housekeeping department. However, I am happy to hear that you thought our staff was friendly! We hope to see you again.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Rude Staff"
Rude Staff. Front desk was by far the rudest I have seen. I travel for work and stay in many hotels. Asked for extra blankets twice they told us that someone would bring them and still ended up having to go get them.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for posting a review about your stay. Please accept my sincere apology that you felt the front desk staff was rude and not helpful. I will certainly follow up with the staff as this is not the type of experience we want any of our guests to have.
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"old and tired hotel"
old hotel not well kept
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. Please let us know if there is anything specific that we can do to make your experience better.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
peter
"if you need a place to sleep and no more."
A safe place to stay but that was it. The heating system is ancient and noisuly, but the bed was comfortable.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you thought our heating system was old and noisy. We have all new units, so I will make sure that maintenance is aware of the issue.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2015
"Best Value and Accommodations in Downtown Missoula"
GREAT SURPRISE! I only stayed here because I couldn't get a reservation at my preferred hotel in downtown Missoula. Hotel looks shabby on outside, mainly because of vacant restaurant attached; but, the room was large, bathroom was great, beds were incredibly comfortable, lots of fluffy towels, room was impeccably clean, and staff was friendly. In room coffee and tea. A great value. Room was better than the two best hotels on the river in downtown Missoula and one I stayed at in downtown Billings that was three times the price. Highly recommend.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel and look forward to your return!
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Lizbeth
The toilet was so near the wall that it was almost funny to use the toilet. The shower head was limed up and the water could barely come out of the holes, no water pressure apparently also. The room needed a good cleaning, dust in the vents and the paint was cracking around the baseboards.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for posting a review! I will follow up with housekeeping and maintenance right away to make sure these issues are taken care of. We hope to see you again in the future!
Other trip May 1, 2015
"My choice for Missoula"
Great hotel! Staff is competent, friendly, & helpful; adequate parking; room recently remodeled & very spacious; very quiet & convenient. All the right bells & whistles. The only negative was that when I checked in, one of the first things I saw was a large gob of long, black, curly hair on top of the stack of washcloths in the bathroom, and a couple of the same hairs on the bathtub. Eew. I have short, white hair: wasn't mine. The housekeeping staff was very nice about replacing the washcloths and removing the hair gob, but still ..... that kinda colored the entire experience. I'd say, definitely stay here, but check the room over first. For those of you with stair-climbing issues .... stay on the first floor.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Sally
"Just okay on all fronts."
Not the nicest Red Lion I've ever stayed in, but still nicer than a motel 6. Everything about it was just okay... But not bad. Room was clean. My two biggest complaints were that 1) the walls were very thin and you could hear trains going by at all hours and b) the AC was the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard (to the point of jarring me awake whenever it would restart in the middle of the night.) I wouldn't stay here again, but can't complain for the $60 rate I got.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Bad front desk employee"
The showerhead was broken when I talked to the person at the front desk she was of no help. The service was by far the worst I have ever had at any hotel I have stayed at. The lady at the desk had no idea of anything going on. I asked for a couple plastic cups as I was explaining to her what plastic cups are I found them myself. My friend that I was staying with asked some simple question about places to eat or just locations of certain things she had no idea of anything that was going on. Every time you asked her a question she just had a dumb look on her face as if you asked her how time travel works in theory. When I told her about the shower head I got absolutely no response. I had suggested she inform her maintenance person or at least let me talk to him about it. She said "Well he is here if you want to talk to him you can wait" I sat in the lobby for over an hour just to find out that she had never even let the maintenance guy know I was waiting for him. I was never greeted with a smile or even a simple how are you doing today. I will not be staying at the red lion again based on the simple fact that this front desk person had no idea what customer service is about.
3 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015