All hotels in Missoula, Montana, United States of America
700 W Broadway St, Missoula, MT, 59802, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Older but clean hotel."
Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. For the price I'll stay here again in a heartbeat.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for the positive review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
windy
The front desk clerk tried to charge us a dollar for a complimentary (small) apple. I hate to think what she was asking for a banana.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Alex
"Enjoyed my stay"
Everything was good except for the breakfast, which was poor.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review! We are sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast, but glad to hear that most of your stay with us was comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
business travel
"OK, I guess"
The room was clean enough and the bed is comfortable, but it was hot, and the air conditioner sounded similar to what I would have heard on a runway. Had to choose between sweating to death and being startled every 10 minutes while I was sleeping.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are glad that your room was clean and comfortable, and sorry that the air conditioner didn't work properly during your stay. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day, and while moving rooms can be an inconvenience, they are more than happy to assist you in any way. Our top goal is to make sure our guests are comfortable!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Dismissed
"Perfect except for extremely loud heater/ac"
It was worth what we paid very clean quiet...except the heater/ac in the window was soooo loud, it was like a Hoover Vac running right in your ear. There was absolutely no way to heat the top And it was 34 outside. So we slept in sweat suits and got an extra blanket out of our car. There were no refunds on the site we reserved on. Bummer
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry that your heater/ac was so loud and did not heat your room properly. I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay with us and that you will consider us in the future. Our staff is committed to giving our guests a comfortable experience and are willing to help in any way possible.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
For a older hotel the room was large,clean and very comfortable. I would highly recommend for the price.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review! We are glad you enjoyed the spacious rooms and hope to see you again soon.
"Could have been better."
We have stayed there several times, with no issues. This time was an exception, the air conditioner was extremely loud, there were people partying a few doors down until 3:30am, but on the other hand to staff was great, the room was clean, and the bed is high quality. We will return, but will avoid the rooms that are near the stair wells.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review! We are glad to hear that you usually enjoy your stays with us and sorry for the late night noise caused by other guests. There is always someone at the front desk who would be happy to ask guests to quiet down should you experience something like this in the future, and we will always do our best to accommodate your requests.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Horrible. Absolutely horrible."
Hotel service was horrible. I booked on Hotels.com and paid in full at booking. The hotel would not allow me to check out without paying them. They threatened to call the police if I left without paying. They ended up charging my card for the full booking anyway. Later that day, they called to say it was a mistake but no apology. It took three days for the he bank to release the funds back to my account that Red Lion held. I'll NEVER stay at a Res Lion again and I'm not sure I'll use Hotels.com again either. Sad.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. In looking at your reservations, I see that we charged Hotels.com for your reservations, not your credit card. It is required that all guests provide a credit card upon checkin for incidentals, and we place a $25 hold on them for the duration of your stay, but there are no charges to your card. I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but this is not typical, and hope that you give the brand a chance again in the future.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Alison
"Room hard to find"
Comfortable bed! Fan not noisy. Room numbers need to be more visible from the parking area, hard to find. I will stay again. Hotels.com has the best price...
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review! We will be installing new numbers on the doors (not the doorways) very soon! We look forward to your next visit.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Don't get a ground floor room"
The room was adequate and clean. However, because I had a room on the ground floor, I was ill-prepared for the noise that occurred when the room right above me became inhabited. The noise from the person's footsteps interfered with my rest. Because the motel had steps to the second floor, I chose a ground room. Never again!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced so much noise during the night. I hope to see you again, and we will always do our best to accommodate your requests.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Ann
Decent place. I got a good price though, might not be satisfied if paid more.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Clean with handicapped features,excellent breakfas"
Enjoyed our stay, staff helpful and treated us with respect,very close to hospital and grocery store. Will stay here again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for the great review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and it was so convenient for you. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Ok for off season price"
Check in person had minimal greeting skills & offered no information. The heater fan was noisey. Not many customers, but those staying were all clustered together in one area...spreading us out would have given all more privacy & reduced noise. Breakfast was good & the lobby area was pleasant.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! All feedback, good or bad, is important to us. We are always training our desk agents to improve and pride ourselves on being able to provide as much information as possible. I apologize that your check in experience did not leave a good impression. We hope you return for another visit so we can give you a better guest experience.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"heading to Billings. Would diffenetly stay again."
Enjoyed our stay except parking lot and walkway was ice.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we will definitely make sure to put down ice melt when necessary.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Vicky
"Good enough"
Front desk staff not very welcoming upon arrival.. Cleaning staff very nice.. Breakfast pretty standard but good.. Shower design poor.. Room comfortable
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that you felt the front desk was not very welcoming, as this is certainly not how we want our guests to feel. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and felt the housekeeping staff was nice. We hope to see you again!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"So so"
The hotel is located on the highway about four or five blocks from the downtown area. They serve a good breakfast with lots of variety. There were gaps around the door to the room and cold air came in..brrr. However, it is reasonably priced so there is value for your money.
3 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
"Missoula Red Lion"
I was dissatisfied with the overall stay. From the exterior, the hotel rooms did not appear "welcoming". The drapes were pulled in all of the rooms and were dishevelled. Appeared unkempt... sloppy. The heater in my first room did not work at all (temps in the teens outdoors). Moved to a second room. Initially very cold, and did not warm up above low 60's in the room. Very chilly night. No extra blanket in the room. Well used furniture. Table top next to the lounge chair was greasy... not clean. Carpet was well worn. Wallpaper pealing away in spots. I am typically happy with the Red Lion chain. This time, however, I was dissatisfied.
Barrie
Friendly, unobtrusive staff; Easily accessible room
jo
"Just acceptable overnight in a pinch."
It was below zero outside and the heat was problematic; I had to keep turning it off and on to get it to work. In general the cleanliness was OK but small details had been overlooked, such as the tray with coffee and tea items was dirty. That cast doubt on the thoroughness of the rest of the cleaning. The facility was "pet friendly". I began sneezing as soon as I entered the room but I have never had an allergy to animals so I think the room was not well cleaned The hand towel hanger fell off of the wall when I took the towel, just a simple matter of tightening a screw. I will not stay here again.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Don
"Montana Stay"
AC unit was to loud.Needs some tlc in the bath room shower.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
"Good basic comfort"
Comfortable room, good location near river and downtown.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you so much for the great review! We so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We appreciate your business, and hope you have the chance to visit us in the near future.
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"close to downtown"
A nice hotel, close to downtown, walking distance to St. Patricks hospital and other sites in Missoula. The pool and hot tub are outside, so they are seasonal, and were therefore closed.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review and I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy some of our local attractions such as Garnet Ghost town. Any feedback we receive from our guests, good or bad, assists us in making our have a more enjoyable stay. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Meg
"Last time at the Red Lion"
I have stayed here multiple times, and this last visit confirmed for me that it will be my last. The room is dated, with very few electrical outlets, and a super loud heating/AC unit that sounds like a freight train as it turns on and off. The other two rooms I have seen at this hotel are similar. You are really paying to stay close to downtown at these rates - the chains out on the highways are much nicer/newer and cost about the same. For a small amount more, the Doubletree and Holiday Inn downtown are so much nicer. After we checked out, we realized that we left a computer cord in the room. We have called multiple times about it and can't even get a call back from anyone. We had pretty much determined this was our last time at the Red Lion after a sleepless night battling the AC unit, but the lack of customer service after check-out confirmed we won't be staying at the Red Lion again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the loud heater in your room and the lack of electrical outlets. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! I spoke with you as soon as I was made aware of your missing computer cord. Unfortunately, it was not located, and a credit for the replacement value was made to your account. Please contact me directly at the hotel if this has not been resolved. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon.
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
Jordan
"... peeling wall paper, dirty carpets, etc."
I was very disturbed by the low standards of cleanliness and presentation of the room.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the lack of attention to detail in your room. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Nice, clean, and comfortable"
Other than the fact that I paid $50.00 to much by booking through Expedia, my stay was very comfortable. I was there for a medical procedure, which went well, and the staff was very helpful. The room was comfortable, and I will stay ther again at the end of this month, booking the room myself, NOT through EXPEDIA !!
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Mandie
Loved the comfortable beds, big rooms, microwave and fridge. Great breakfast. Disappointed pool and hot tub closed as temp was in 70's and would have enjoyed it. Otherwise no complaints
3 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"ALS Walk"
It was a perfect place to stay and enjoy the Downtown area, as well as an easy trip to the park for the ALS walk. My only issue was that every time we left the room and came back, my room keys did not work. Very Very frustrating. But a nice breakfast, the staff, well, you could tell that it was just a paycheck, no Red Lion loyality, but they were nice and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
I booked the room online and the photo of the hotel and area was a new hotel with indoor pool and spa. When I arrived for check in....it was a very dated hotel with peeling paint and dirty outdoor pool. the spa was full of bugs.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Clean, updated hotel. Breakfast every morning."
The hotel was clean and comfortable. Interior was up dated. We were able to check in early (1pm) and check out at noon. They served breakfast every morning (eggs, sausage or bacon, cereal, waffles, toast, juice, etc). My only complaint was that they say breakfast is served until 10am but they closed it early one morning we were there.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"good older ,ho tub not working!!!"
sad the hot tub was broke , nice room for price . good breakfast
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Untitled"
Staff was cooperative. Heating/cooling unit had an electrical short, probably in wall outlet, and was very difficult to increase or decrease heat due to 'short circuit'. Room was quiet. Great location on river, near parks and trails, downtown and hospital. Refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker in room were appreciated.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
traveler
"Good location, good amenities"
We stay here all the time whenever we are in town. Consistently good. We'll keep coming back.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"lhe618"
The staff was great the service was good and the overall condition of the room was great. Will definitely stay again and will recommend to friends good location to spend some time in Missoula
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Lin
Good weekend experience.Guest laundry room inadequate. Get to breakfast early.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
rjc
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
A very nice motel, nice breakfast and great outdoor pool.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Filthy furniture, dusty, smelly room."
First room had terrible smell, chair filthy and stained. Second room had a little better scent, but filthy, stained chair, dust everywhere. A running water noise heard constantly. Flimsy walls, heard every car door slam, people coughing. Terrible experience.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Its value when compared to double tree or other establishments was excellent. It was $100 less per day. They were doing a lot of improvements when we stayed, so there was a lot of clutter, but it was for good reason.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Nice hotel, comfortable and spacious room"
We had a spacious 2 queen bed room, on the second floor. It was near the pool and that got a little noisy, but it quieted down at night, so no problems sleeping. The room is quite large, one of the largest we had, and clean, and with quality accomodations. Except the TV. Old and the cable service not very reliable. They had Direct TV, but some channels were doubled and some were scrambled, although they appeared as available in the line-up. So I would recommend something be done about that. We liked that they have a large counter in the bathroom for all the toiletries we carry, and another sink in the room, that is very convenient. Also, the tea and coffee in the room. They had a good breakfast, cereals, eggs, sausage, yogurt, waffles, tea, coffee, juices. It was a great stay, and I would recommend the hotel wholeheartedly. Staff was very helpful and friendly, made us feel welcome.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review and I am happy to see that you were enjoyed your stay. Any feedback we receive from our guests, good or bad, assists us in making our have a more enjoyable stay. We will certainly look into the issues regarding the TV channels, and we are in the process of updating all of our TVs, as well as updating to HD programming. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Cristina
"Just OK"
Nothing real special about this hotel. Front desk was nice, room was fine, except mattress very soft and worn, pool was okay, and the location was a good long walk from down town.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
RJ in Cali
"Horrible"
Extension cords strung in room. Light bulbs out and not replaced. Pool area very dirty. Worst Red Lion I have ever experienced
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the lack of attention to detail in your room, as this is certainly not the type of experience we want our guests to have. We look forward to creating a more comfortable experience for you in the future.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Jody
"Nice hotel. Good location."
Good value for money. Room was comfortable- a little noise from people talking outside, but otherwise fine. Safeway grocery store conveniently located right next door. Lots of parking on-site.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"dirty"
The grounds of the hotel were filthy cigarette butts broken toys, and all the employees walking right past coffee cups on the fence. Dead wasp traps were not attractive next to the pool. the lounge chairs next to the pool three were broken and ripped. the room was ok , the mattress was good but the smell in the room was bad.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
The experience you had with our team is extremely disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced with the overall cleanliness of the hotel will be looked into and addressed accordingly.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
val
"Loud air conditioner"
The air conditioner was portable and so loud!!!!!! Could not even hear the tv. Carpet was dirty. Breakfast was not good. Would not stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. Please accept my apologies that your air conditioner was so loud! We are in the process of replacing ALL of our units with new, permanent units. While the portable units are temporary, but I am sorry that made your stay unsatisfactory.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Convenience , to downtown shopping ,and concert we were attending. Poor air conditioner!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Adequate overnighter ..."
It's an old structure. One ice machine was not working and the other was overworked.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Exactly what we wanted."
We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and I would definitely stay here again. The room was spacious, with a large TV, a microwave, a coffee maker, and a small refrigerator. It was nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was good-sized. When we arrived, the young man who checked us in was friendly and gave us some good suggestions about restaurants that were within walking distance from the property. He was very knowledgeable about the area and also gave us advice on the best way to get where we were going. There is a small outdoor pool, although we did not try it out. The only complaint I had is that the shower had poor water pressure and it took longer for us to get ready that usual, but it was by no means a huge inconvenience. I would not hesitate to recommend the Red Lion Inn to anyone visiting Missoula.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Hugely overpriced"
The inn is actually a motel with outside-entrance rooms, loud individual a/c units, and a number of permanent residents. It's also not really within walking distance of anything interesting. It basically should be a $60 affair. We paid $130.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2014
"Nothing great"
Air conditioner loud, ran at only one speed (wouldn't switch). TV volume often changed between channels, sometimes becoming so loud I'm certain it could be heard in adjoining rooms. Receptionist got the last names of myself and my friend (who was booked in a separate room) mixed up at least four or five times on a rather quiet afternoon at the front desk. Since he goes about 6-5 and 350 pounds and I'm about a foot shorter and 150 pounds lighter, that seemed somewhat strange and unprofessional.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
"Near airport."
Cleanliness of room/hotel and Hotel location. All GOOD.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
The Dyott's
"Dated and dingy."
This is not the experience I expect from a Hotel.com hotel.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014