All hotels in Missoula, Montana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here700 W Broadway St, Missoula, MT, 59802, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Loud air conditioner"
The air conditioner was portable and so loud!!!!!! Could not even hear the tv. Carpet was dirty. Breakfast was not good. Would not stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. Please accept my apologies that your air conditioner was so loud! We are in the process of replacing ALL of our units with new, permanent units. While the portable units are temporary, but I am sorry that made your stay unsatisfactory.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Convenience , to downtown shopping ,and concert we were attending. Poor air conditioner!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Adequate overnighter ..."
It's an old structure. One ice machine was not working and the other was overworked.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Exactly what we wanted."
We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and I would definitely stay here again. The room was spacious, with a large TV, a microwave, a coffee maker, and a small refrigerator. It was nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was good-sized. When we arrived, the young man who checked us in was friendly and gave us some good suggestions about restaurants that were within walking distance from the property. He was very knowledgeable about the area and also gave us advice on the best way to get where we were going. There is a small outdoor pool, although we did not try it out. The only complaint I had is that the shower had poor water pressure and it took longer for us to get ready that usual, but it was by no means a huge inconvenience. I would not hesitate to recommend the Red Lion Inn to anyone visiting Missoula.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Hugely overpriced"
The inn is actually a motel with outside-entrance rooms, loud individual a/c units, and a number of permanent residents. It's also not really within walking distance of anything interesting. It basically should be a $60 affair. We paid $130.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2014
"Nothing great"
Air conditioner loud, ran at only one speed (wouldn't switch). TV volume often changed between channels, sometimes becoming so loud I'm certain it could be heard in adjoining rooms. Receptionist got the last names of myself and my friend (who was booked in a separate room) mixed up at least four or five times on a rather quiet afternoon at the front desk. Since he goes about 6-5 and 350 pounds and I'm about a foot shorter and 150 pounds lighter, that seemed somewhat strange and unprofessional.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
"Near airport."
Cleanliness of room/hotel and Hotel location. All GOOD.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
The Dyott's
"Dated and dingy."
This is not the experience I expect from a Hotel.com hotel.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Chuck
"Nice hotel but A/C unit not working"
Portable AC unit in room that had a large pipe that had to feed out the window I guess for condensation. It looked like a dehumidifier, not sure, Either way the window had to stay open which was a little unnerving in a new town. Otherwise room was very spacious, clean, and staff was courteous.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review! We appreciate all guest feedback and would like you to know that we are in the process of installing new air conditioning units in all of our rooms. We hope to see you in the future, where we'll be able to keep you cool with a closed window!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Ellen
"In the heart of the city"
This is a motel-type building. Rooms open to the parking lot. The outside of the hotel is dated and in need of refreshing. It's obvious that the rooms have been refurbished. Clean and nice quality furnishings. The air conditioning in our room was portable, but effective. Within walking distance of restaurants. Short breakfast hours... done at 9:00. Less than impressive food.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Jodi
"clean and comfortable"
very comfortable room - clean and quite and everything worked great breakfast helpful staff
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Horrible Hotel in Every Way -- AVOID!"
This was a horrible hotel. We booked a King room and received a Queen. The temperature outside was 91 degrees and the room had NO air conditioning. The front desk had no interest in these issues. The property is old and used up. Avoid this property.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the air conditioning not working in your room. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! We value you as our guest, and have issued a partial refund. We would like you to know that we are in the process of installing new air conditioning units into ALL of our rooms, so please give us another try in the future.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"I will never stay there again!"
I will not stay over there again. I had a credit card that they had on file from when I reserved my hotel. To hold a room. Being it was a business card I can't bring it with me. I had the cash to pay for the room.. The manager and desk clerk were arguing back and forth with each other. They gave me the creepiest room ever. I will never go back again, I hope they don't treat their other customers that way.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding condition of your room. I would like to apologize for any unprofessionalism that you witnessed as well. Please be assured that we will certainly address your concerns with our staff. You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Well located. Easy access to downtown, river front"
We picked this hotel for location which is its best feature. It shows some signs of its age, but was clean, comfortable and well appointed. One day our room did not get serviced, but it was no problem getting towels, etc.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
K&M Tower
"Beds are comfy"
People were very nice. The pool was kinda dirty, they need to clean it better. Rates are fair, beds are comfy I would stay again.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Comfortable Clean hotel"
Room was clean and comfortable. The AC was having some issues, but once we told the staff, they sent someone up. They couldn't get it fixed so brought in a portable unit right away. Hot tub was nice and glad they kept it open til 10 but would prefer it be open until at least 10:30.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you so much for the great review! We so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel, and hope you have the chance to visit us in the near future.
4 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Ok not worth the money."
Paid a lot of money for a not so nice room. Air conditioning was out. Showers flooded no bath tub. Out door entrance so loud mornings and nights. Near train tracks. Very friendly staff however. Breakfast was ok- not a large variety. No vending machines.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay. I apologize for the issues you had, as that is not what we expect our guest experience to be. I am happy to hear that your felt our staff was friendly. We do have rooms available with tubs, and we always do our best to honor our guests requests! We hope you'll stay with us again in the future.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Lindsey
"Can't believe its a Red Lion !"
Front desk couldn't find our res. then when I ask for a referral for a barber shop , he said I don't look like the TYPE that would go to his barber ! Try Google ! Then the A/C didn't work in our room ! 98 + temp ! Second room had a portable unit that would cycle thru with 5 chimes then start again ! Hard to sleep thru. Rooms were un vacuumed , poorly cleaned, ( college kids for staff ) light switch in room vanity would turn off ! Had to unscrew lights to sleep , however A/C prevented much sleep ! Front desk mgr. listened to my concerns with out any resolve ! Did replace light switch. Grounds and rooms are in need of some good cleaning ! Can't believe it's was a Red Lion !
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
The experience you had with our team is extremely disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced with our front desk and housekeeping will be looked into and addressed accordingly.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2014
William Armacost
"Great place to stay with pets in Missoula"
If you have a pet, this is THE place to stay in Missoula... At least that's how it seemed with all of us walking our dogs in the morning! The hotel is a bit older, but the rooms are newly renovated and are comfortable and in pretty good shape. You are within walking distance or a very short drive (less than 1/2 mile) to lots of good local restaurants and the walking trail along the river, and there is a grocery store right next door!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review and I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy some of our great restaurants. Any feedback we receive from our guests, good or bad, assists us in making our guests have a more enjoyable stay. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon!
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Sonja
Great little motel for the price we paid. Room was newly remodeled, very nice all around except it was very hot and the AC unit didn't really do much but blow around warm air. Other than that the stay was great; close to downtown, very nice pool and hot tub, and comfortable beds. All the staff was also very friendly!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nothing much to say... a bed after a long day."
4 night stay. First thing we noticed was the AC did not work. They had a portable unit set up with an extension cord running across the room, but it was off when we arrived, and it took a couple days to get the temp down. I heard others complaining of the same thing, so it appeared to be a hotel wide issue. The breakfast was pretty skimpy compared to other hotels offering the same. Big on hard-boiled eggs, but the bacon looked...odd. Pass. Not a lot of outlets to plug/charge accessories... we had to do without a lamp or two.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Marvin
"Close to the downtown area."
* Just a few Cons first - I had to get a different room right off because the a/c wasn't working in my room and it was a sticky day, also a few little things like a loose toilet seat (that drives me nuts) and crumbs on the desk next to the T.V. (yuck) are just stupid missed items and shouldn't happen, right? The desk clerk upgraded me to a "king unit" for no extra charge, and without any hassle. The furniture in both rooms looked nice from a distance or in a photo but up next to them they were pretty dinged up. * Okay, now the Pro's - The rooms seemed to have every amenity anyone would need, blow drier, iron and ironing board, frig, microwave, etc. etc. also I prefer rooms with exterior doors, (not hallway access) so these were all a big plus to me. This motel was easy to find, right on a main street and a short distance to the downtown area and I had a nice walk along the river right across the road after dinner. The breakfast layout in the lobby was clean and fresh with lots of options and nice décor. The staff was personable and nice, and the bedding felt fresh and the mattress was just...well, heaven ! ! Overall, I'd stay again for sure.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for your great review! I am sorry that you had a few things wrong, but I am glad to hear that the front desk was efficient in helping make your stay better. We look forward to having you back in the future!
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Close to all must see sights."
Not so good. Main reason I stayed at Red Lion was the outdoor pool. The pool did not open on time and had to walk back to office twice when it was not open. Second day hot tub closed plus not near enough lounge chairs around the pool for guests. Complementary breakfast: hot foods not hot. Frequently ran out of sausage and egg dishes. Waffle batter machine, front fell off and no one could seem to figure out how to fix or use it. Toaster burned toast. Bagels not refilled very promptly. I will not stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Diana
"Temperature control needs work."
No restaurant or room service in hotel Climate control allowed rooms to get too hot in late afternoons..
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Smelly and out dated"
Room smelled of mold. fart fan was taped to ceiling. Bed made noise every time I moved. Entire facility needs to be remodeled. Staff was pleasant .
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the lack of satisfaction with your room. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Was not my choice,"
This hotel may have been a really nice place some time ago, but not so much now. It's old and needs a lot of work.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible experience. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the condition of the hotel and can assure you we do have plans in the works for improvements this year. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to provide a more comfortable experience for you in the future.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"A very nice stay!"
I was only at the Red Lion Missoula for one night, but I found my stay quite comfortable. The room was clean and had more than enough space for just myself. The bathroom was rather simple and clean (except for what looked like a former light fixture which had been painted over). It's not a huge issue, but there was no sort of small shelf in the tub/shower, so there wasn't a place to put toiletries within easy reach, especially with a shower head that had a rather wide diameter. My morning shower was nice and hot, and there was little noise to disturb me. The free breakfast was great as well! Waffles, hash browns, sausage, yogurt, cereal, toast, and even some small breakfast burritos were available, and the staff had no problem with taking food to go so I could get on the road. The two employees I interacted with at the front desk were attentive, professional, and overall very pleasant people.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your stay. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is what we strive for and we are happy to hear that we accomplished that. We hope to see you again in the very near future!
1 night trip May 29, 2014
Aletha
"Good place close to down town at a great price"
Within walking dist of restaurants, parks and city. Good spot.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"A "Used to Be" Great Motel in Missoula"
Heat was on 100% of the time with no cooling available except a portable fan given out when requested. This was fixed on our second day staying there when they changed over to "cooling mode". Housekeeping emptied waste basket but that was about the extent of cleaning. Second night was a very noisy party that lasted inside and outside of our room until 3AM.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad we were able to fix the heating/cooling during your stay, but I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the housekeeping service and noisy neighbors. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Great place in Missoula"
We enjoyed our stay in every way. No complaints at all. There is even a Safeway story right next door. Very convenient.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Pet friendly and good nights rest!"
If you are traveling with a pet, this is a definite YES place to stay. Very clean, friendly and beds are wonderful! We are making this our place to stay in Missoula (we have tried several others) Price is right as well!
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
Thank you so much for the great review! We so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel, and we look forward to your next visit!
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Bed was very comfortable."
Motel is old. Rooms refurbished nicely. Smell to room that would not go away. Tiles falling off edge of wall floor in the bathroom, the bathroom ceiling with brown spots, likely related to smoking stains that were not removed before painting over them. Inside of front door and bathroom door inside and out needed cleaning. Staff was informative, but lacking in friendliness. Breakfast buffet typical for breakfast buffets. Nothing special. They ran out of food both a.m.s which made for a wait to serve ourselves. We paid $117.00 a night for Queen bed (1). Over priced for the stay.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Ted Dimmitt"
The facility was excellent staff was helpful courteous and informative. We would stay with red lion again !
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
"Very comfortable"
Great location to what I needed, but a ways from the main eateries and shopping places.
2 night trip May 8, 2014
"Great for pets!!"
They are very understanding about traveling with pets. They have a nice pet area and even provide doggie bags at the pet area. Very nice people. Highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Missoula.
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
Will
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
It was quite pleasant. It was perfect for what we needed. Close to where we needed to go.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Air conditioner in room was broken and was not informed until after I called to find out why the ac was blowing only hot air. Asked for a fan and was told that they would bring me one as soon as they fixed. Never received a fan. The room was impossible to sleep in do to the heat and muggy feeling. At check out I asked if I would receive a discount and the lady at the counter was zero help and acted like I was lucky I got to stay in the red lion. I will never recommend this place to anyone I know
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
The experience you had with our team is extremely disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced with the air conditioning and our staff will be looked into and addressed accordingly.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Michael Thompson
"excellent"
This was the best room/hotel we have stayed at. The bed was awesome as well as the service.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
"Gave this place one too many chances"
We've stayed here several times because it's in a convenient location (walkable to downtown area, easy to park) and it's dog friendly. Last time, the heater/AC unit was really loud, the time before people outside were really loud. We figured those were just freak occurrences. This time the ENTIRE hotel's heating system was busted. Our room was 80 degrees. When we got back to the room around 11 after turning on the AC and turning the thermostat all the way down for 2 hours and it was still 80, we called the front desk and were told that we should have been told not to turn on system at all at check-in. They couldn't change our rooms because all rooms had the same issue. Anyway, we've given this place enough chances. We'll only stay again if budget is our #1 concern because it really does seem to be generally clean and in a good location.
Response by Red Lion Inn Missoula
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit. Kind Regards
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Clean, well-located, friendly, and great value!"
This was a terrific find in Missoula. Loved the city, of course, and also found the Red Lion Inn to be equally charming. Not a chain hotel, so had that charm already. Clean rooms, a really great breakfast buffet with seriously tasty egg burritos, friendly staff, a laid back atmosphere, and a quiet atmosphere. Would recommend highly to anyone else, and will stay here on our next tour. Terrific value!
Other trip May 2, 2014
"nice place"
This is a nice motel. It looks older from the outside, but my room was nicely updated and clean. I miss the pancake machine they used to have in the lobby.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Todd
"Great location and quiet."
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful at check-in. My room was very clean and comfortable. I was impressed with the quality of the room appointments. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in for a long time. The breakfast buffet was excellent and neatly displayed. This was a great value. I would definetely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Terry
"Nicely remodeled room. Very comfortable."
Nice place to stay. Reasonably priced. Close to downtown.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Love the fresh chocolate chip cookies upon check-in!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Great experience. Loved the hotel and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about dinner suggestions and leisure activities.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"good stay"
We were only planning on one night but got a good deal on the price so stayed longer to enjoy a little bit of missoula. It works well for us because of the proximity to my Dr. office, we don't have to fight early morning traffic and find a place to park. The rooms are clean, except the maid came so early one morning we weren't ready and never came back again so didn't get cleaned or towels restocked that day. Staff is very friendly, breakfast is adequate. Rooms are a little small but we don't spend much time in it anyway. It is very close to anything you want to do downtown and across the river from a great walking path. We will stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
jb
"Dog Friendly Hotel"
We were pleased with our check in and the friendliness of the staff but were disappointed that our room was cleaned. We took our dog sign off the door and took our dog with us but returned to a room with unmade beds and dirty towels. It was convenient to downtown Missoula.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
We appreciated the clean room, the extra comfortable beds and the great price! The employees were very helpful and the breakfast was great. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Boyd & Diane
"Clean room"
The room was clean and quiet. It was adequate for our needs. The continental breakfast was good.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Nice dated Hotel"
Nice hotel but a little dated. In nice area if you are doing business downtown Missoula.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014