All hotels in Eureka, California, United States of America
1929 4th St, Eureka, CA, 95501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"very nice"
Pool was very warm and staff was very friendly.
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
JESSICA
"Good night of sleep"
Traveling with dogs, very comfy bed. Good breakfast and very pet accommodating.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"90th Birthday Trip"
The hotel is located in a great location, close to downtown Old Town Euerka, and major highway 101. The staff was very responsive to our inquiries, the food in the restaurant was good and we were lucky enough to be able to take advantage of a Halloween dance the hotel sponsored during our stay. Overall the trip was great and we plan on staying at this hotel during our next visit.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Ruthellen
"big hat no cattle. drive to another town to stay"
Disappointing
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Dated, (seems stuck in the 80's), facility but clean, well kept and comfortable.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Noce and convenient if you're travelling along the"
Arrived late, left early. Staff was friendly and helpful. Did not use any amenities
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
"Very accommodating"
We were in town for a family emergency and the hotel was very accommodating with our changing schedule. The room was clean and a good value for the price. This is one of the oldest hotels in Eureka, but they have done great renovations and it did not feel dated. Hotel staff was great. The staff in the dining area at breakfast seemed flustered and not particularly cordial. The Sunday Night Football staff was much more friendly. I would certainly stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"In town"
Hotel room was worth the price. Bed was Comfy thats all i care about. Only thing is the sliding door lock was broken.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Jose L.
"Good find in Eureka."
Loved the spacious room. All the hallways and indoor premises are clean and nicely decorated. No room service. But full hot self serve all-you-can-eat breakfast for $8.31 is a great deal. Casual dinner at the hotel lounge can be made to go, and not too pricey. Cigarette smokers at the outdoor pool/hot tub. Occasional vagrant wandering the parking lot. Nonetheless, we'll be looking for other Red Lion hotels, all in all we really liked staying here. Staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Worked well for us"
It was nice to find a pet friendly hotel in Eureka. My wife was worried about staying at Red Lion saying that they are usually pretty run down and kind of sketchy, but this place was quite nice. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel looked newer and was well maintained. The beds were pretty comfortable as well. Not the most scenic neighborhood, but not far from anything in Eureka.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
Nathan
"Solid Option in Eureka"
I'd stay here again for either a long or short trip. Stayed on the top floor (3), very quiet, rooms are up-to-date and clean.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Alex
"Nice, quiet place to stay in Eureka."
Booked thru Expedia, 2 queen bed 1 room. At check in they said it was only 1 queen bed. Not what you want on a daughter and dad trip. they "upgraded us to a 2 queen room for free". that is exactly what i asked for at booking. that being said, they gave us choice of 2nd or 3rd floor, either bay view or not. room was nice and big, flat scrren tv, limited cable channels, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker,( no creamer really?). Not everyonelikes watery black coffee.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
us
Nice, however, had two buses in and not enough staff, to handle.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"great stay"
everything was perfect. in the morning when we checked out I looked around the neighborhood. it was not the worst but some questionable characters lurking around. I did not feel unsafe at anytime.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
We only stayed one night but it was nice. We had dinner in the restaurant which was nice because we had been driving all day. The food was really good.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Worst experience ever"
charged me double what I was suppose to be charged, house keepers so loud in the morning to the point they woke me up by yelling at joking with each other. Found a tampon applicator under my bed. Gross! House keeper was rude when I was for clean towels. Hotel smelled overwhelmingly like perfume and carpet powder
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
I always like it when the staff is personable. It gives me a clue about what will come next. The front desk staff was great. He welcomed me and was very helpful. I appreciate the people. Oh, and the room was clean and perfect for my stay.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"good night's sleep"
we have a great night's sleep. the area surrounding the hotel looked a little dicey but I did not feel unsafe. the food in the bar was great. the staff was also very kind and helpfiull. I wold stay there again.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
Enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Not up to Red Lion standards for the price."
Besides the lack of decent food choices, the evening check-in person was on the rude side even though I am a member of the rewards plan. No directions given for where the amenities such as the pool and gym were located, and had to ask for my complimentary water bottles. Later, I offered to help an employee as she struggled to push a loaded cart into the elevator but was rudely declined.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
greg
"Overcharged"
I booked through Expedia and when I got to the hotel, the person at the front desk let me know I had mistakenly booked a handicap accessible room. I agreed to switch with no issues and waited for a while as they figured out another room. At this time, they charged me again for the room without my knowledge. A few days later I noticed this charge on my bank account and called Expedia. They readily fixed the issue for me, which I really appreciated, but Red Lion should have not charged me the second time. They should be able to see the list of charges on their screen, which would make it obvious that I paid twice. Also, the bathroom had white powder on the floor and the bathroom lock was reversed, so you couldn't lock the door when you were inside, but could be locked into the bathroom from the outside. The hotel window did not open and looked out onto a huge air conditioning unit and rooftop littered with debris.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Talie
"Would stay again !!"
Hotel was very clean just wish we had known we would be charged for breakfast before we started eating, food was not worth the price. The room was very nice and the beds were very cozy!!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"It was just OK."
We had a decent experience. We explored the coast, so we weren't in our room that much. The area was a bit shady, our view could have been nice, if it wasn't backed up against a run down neighborhood, which included a smelly car repair garage. We ate at the restaurant for dinner the first night, food was good, atomsosphere, well, let's say lighting would have probably showed us something we may not of wanted to see. Very dark like a seedy bar, not a nice restaurant. They had a simple morning breakfast available for a reasonable price. It was buffet style. Just ok. We could see that this hotel could use some TLC. But the city of Eureka as a whole needed TLC as well, it wasn't thriving, it was just hanging on.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
rowdy rays
"Better than what we were expecting"
I hadn't read reviews of the Red Lion prior to reservation and when I did I was scared. But although the area around the hotel is sketchy, the inside isn't bad. Clean and pretty quiet even with football teams and tour buses there. The room was clean and fairly updated. A view of the bay if you ignore the construction equipment behind the cyclone fence directly across the street. If you stay here, make sure you get a room on 3rd floor away from elevator and rear-facing away from 101 and toward the bay. These are the quiet rooms. The diner across 101 (Chalet, House of omelets) was really nice. The hotel is also trying to be green or at least appear ecologically friendly. But when they pass out PLASTIC water bottles at check-in and check -out, they lose the message. Overall, it wasn't bad and was better than I was expecting but I wouldn't stay here again. For the cost and the location, I would book something in the Old Town area. Downtown is too strange with people wandering the streets at all hours of the night for no obvious reasons. We even saw someone getting arrested a few blocks away at 10 Am on Saturday morning.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"STAY AWAY - FLEES!!!"
This was AWFUL. The staff were pleasant, that was THE only plus. We arrived at 10p, got to the room which smelled "funky/musty", but were tired, so we unpacked. My niece pulled off the cover to find dirty sheets with black smudge marks, and then had flees literally hop on her. you could see them hopping in her bed! By now it was 11.45p. We were moved to another unit, and I tried to google for another hotel in the area, but nothing was available! We couldn't get the flees out of our minds even though the new room was cleaner with no funky smell. So we slept in our Pjs and robes, wore socks, placed towels on the bed, and attempted to sleep with the light on. The people above stomped and stomped till well after 1am. You can hear all the truckers driving outside as the street noise carries.Neither of us got much sleep and by 6am we were up and left the hotel at 6.45am. I told the front desk staff and they apologized and took $50 off the cost of the room ($150). We were there less than 9 hours total. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE... DON'T DO IT!!!
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Eva
"Overnighter in Eureka, CA"
Great front desk. Nice Grill and Bar. I will return as my entails being in Eureka several times during the year. Keep up the good work of having a nice place to stay.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Thin walls Neighbor room decided to party. Called front desk & they quieted down for about 1/2 hour. Also smoking cigars on deck. Non smoking property ?
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Hotel location is good."
Our room is no view at all .At first floor, the back is face a giant electric room (maybe). And we went to ask for a different room, the staff got rid of us real quick by telling us this is only room with two beds . Take it or exchange to a one bed room. At 6:00 p.m?
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Pleasant stay,staff was friendly and the room was clean,the mattress was worn out and needs replacement
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Decent Motel"
Decent motel for the price. Clean, comfortable, and affordable.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Best place in eureka"
The hotel is clean and well-maintained, but a bit of a walk from downtown/Old Town, and the surrounding neighborhood is gas stations and ratty old fast food places. However, the lodgings in Eureka are not plentiful, and tend more toward the sad and cheap, so the Red Lion is the place to stay.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
"Pool, accessible, friendly staff"
Overall, it was a decent stay. Layout of the hotel is somewhat tricky when packing in your luggage. Pool was nice and refreshing and the location was easy to get to.
anonymous
"Would stay again"
Red Lion was referred to me by a Yosemite tour guide. He was right - nice peaceful fun stay. Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Clean Hotel"
No problems. We stayed at the Red Lion for a week during our vacation. Room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast at the hotel was expensive so we ate elsewhere but I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Eureka.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great Place to Stay!"
Wonderful customer service. Beautiful room. Great value. Although the neighborhood didn't seem inviting to walk around at night, right on the water, I felt very safe & secure at this hotel. You cannot enter unless you do so through the lobby where there is always an employee or you must have a working room key to enter the building from the second entrance. Very nice town during the day.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Reese
Hotel is located on 101 highway and the neighborhood and not very nice. However there is a great omelet place and a nice Cambodian restaurant across the street. Very friendly employees. Very annoying to hear people upstairs walking. I would recommend this hotel as there are not other good options in the area.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Nice ..... In Fact, Very Nice"
Relatives in the Eureka area have me visiting on occasion. Red Lion is the place to stay, albeit there are other hotels in the area that are less expensive. Still, I'd rather pay a little more to get a good night sleep.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
PC
"Best in town"
Enjoyed it
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice place for what we needed. Just a place for the night
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Tom B
Good value, updated lobby/reception, friendly staff. Room was spacious and clean. The continental breakfast is not included, but is a fair price under 10$ pp. Walkable dustance to lost coast brewery.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
We travelled with a dog and were pleased with the pet friendliness of the hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Very nice hotel and staff"
The staff were very friendly and We loved the room. We had asked for a ground floor room and an extra roll away bed and both were available. The room was very clean and quiet. Would highly recommend.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Lorretta Phillips
"Loved it."
Very nice staff. They where very proffesional. Roombwas very clean. And every day fresh towels. bed made every day. I would stay there again
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
dutchhair
"Not up to Red Lion standards"
Even though I made the reservation for 2 adults and 1 child, I was charged an extra $10 because I wanted 2 beds.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Ray
"Beds are soooooo comfortable"
Clean, quiet, comfortable with perfect beds-even the roll away was memory foam! Although breakfast was available, it was not included in the price. This was the only drawback to an otherwise wonderful stay.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Jackie
"Away from busy areas"
The accommodations overall were okay, but it seemed there were some maintenance difficulties while we were there. The garbage cans in front of the hotel were overflowing and the public women's restroom was very dirty. On our second night there we were not given enough towels and our friends were not given toilet paper. The hot tub appeared a bit dirty but the pool was very clean.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
JM
"very clean"
great-would stay again
1 night trip May 17, 2014
anne
"Maybe a little overpriced"
Nice lobby, dining area. Outdated rooms. Breakfast was NOT included which caught me off guard when handed a bill. This hotel has the smallest spa I've ever seen (3 people max).
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Traveler
"Redlion Eureka"
The room was nice and the staff was amazing with there helpfullness
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
julie
Room was nice and clean. However, toilet was way too low. It was built for a child. Other than that, it was satisfactory
1 night trip May 30, 2014