All hotels in Vancouver, Washington, United States of America
100 Columbia St, Vancouver, WA, 98660, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay Stay"
The stay was great - the guy at check in gave us some good information on using the trail nearby. He also told us about happy hour, which we found to be just okay. The lounge was definitely short-staffed for happy hour and the server really could have been more pleasant. It's not our fault that they were short handed- no need to take that out on customers.
1 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Terron
Had a great stay. The check in clerk was really nice, but a little slow. The rooms were great. We slept very comfortably all night. The restaurant at the hotel was very good. I would really recommend eating there. The views were amazing as well.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Nice hotel after construction is complete"
The staff were polite and helpful. The room was spacious, and had a microwave and fridge, which was nice. The rooms looked like they had been updated for the most part. I was on the second floor and the carpet in the stairway was filthy. I'm not sure if it is truly dirty or just worn out, and it had a slight smell. The room, however was not this way. The room carpet was clean with no smell. I guess that is why I noticed the condition of the stairway carpet. We only had one garbage can that was in the bathroom. We wished their was one in the room, also. The parking lot was being ripped up at the time of our visit because the city was building a new street. After this is done, I'm sure the parking situation will be better. When we were there (4/10/15), it was very inconvenient and not well lit. I would stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We also appreciate all your patience with our parking lot mess. It should be done soon! I have also mentioned the dirty carpet issues to our Housekeeping Manager. We appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs, and hope to see you again soon. Regards,
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"Beautiful Room"
This hotel is under renovation and can be tricky to get to and to park at. But for the money the rooms were wonderful, clean and the bed/bedding/pillows were extremely comfortable. Also, my son left his laptop behind and not only did the housekeeping staff keep it safe, but they had already made arrangement to sent it to us when we contacted them. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay with beautiful rooms, this is good. When the construction is complete and the remodel done, I have no doubt it will be first class. I should also mention that the location is perfect for quick on/off the freeway, easy access to Portland and with great restaurants and services walking distance.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great feedback! I'm so glad we were able to reunite you with your lost items so fast. The work being done around the hotel should be done soon. We appreciate your patience with us during this time. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Regards,
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Nice Hotel, Great Location."
Pleasant hotel centrally located in a redeveloped urban-living area with new shops, restaurants and cafes. It was easy access to Univ of Portland (across the bridge) which was the main purpose of our visit.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate you taking the time. We also appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs, and we hope to see you again soon. Regards,
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Really pleased with our stay."
Friendliest & most helpful staff, super comfortable beds, upscale bathroom toiletries & delicious food were all top notch! We hadn't been told we needed to reserve the shuttle for pick up from the train & it was not available at our arrival, Red Lion called & paid for a taxi to pick us us up instead! So nice! The only drawback to our stay was that our room only had 1 chair & no table, which made room service dining a challenge for only 2 people. With such a large, empty balcony, a patio table set would have been a welcome option. The exterior is a bit run down but clean. The room interiors were nicely updated and very clean. This was for business, but we will be staying again for pleasure on our next trip to Portland.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Gayle, Thank you for the great feedback! We enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to your next visit. Regards,
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Gayle
",Comfortable and convenient for Conference"
Was here for a conference. Was satisfactory for that. Restaurant and some rooms have a great riverside view. Hotel isn't fancy but clean, comfortable, reasonable and well-located to Portland. Had the banana cream tart for dessert in the restaurant during lunch one day. Made on-site and is topped with carmelized bananas. Very tasty and unexpected for a chain hotel like this.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We have the best location here along the beautiful Columbia River and we are glad you enjoyed the view! Regards,
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2015
cheryl
"No shuttle after 9pm"
expedia should make that clear about shuttle and other red lion across river.
bill
"One night stay"
Hotel was quiet and clean in a nice area. Location was good. Bar/restaurant next door had a good band the night we were there and was packed. Parking lot could use some work, and definitely more spaces. Overall good experience.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Erin
Staff was nice, the restaurant was nice. Our room was not on the water side, and a bit noisy from train traffic, the pillows were a bit uncomfortable. All in all it was a great stay. Would stay here again for sure.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Tina
"Nice enough, but needs some love."
Restaurant had good food. Friendly desk service. But rooms are dated big time. Outside loud work going on in the am.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Jonnykat
No food service when I arrived, at 8:30 pm. Room was a little worn, with stains on the furniture.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
JimB
"Good views of the river and close to transport, ex"
Good, moderate priced clean, comfortable hotel w good rest.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Martha
"Nice Place"
Great
1 night trip Mar 13, 2015
"Clean, comfortable, and close to Portland Expo"
This was our second day here. The hotel is clean, comfortable and his close to Portland Expo
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Ridiculous Red Lion"
I'm sure it was a nice place 20 years ago but it was definitely not what I expected from a $100 a night room, I have stayed in hotels that were just as nice for $60 a night. My room key didn't work half the time and do to construction and the hotel restaurants Friday night live band, finding a parking spot was difficult. There were plenty of other hotels in the area that I would and will recommend to everyone, even might try the red lion across the river in Portland.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review! We appreciate all feedback, good or bad. We agree the construction is impacting to our guests, and we hope that it will be completed soon! I am very sorry it disrupted your stay! We appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs, and thank you for being our guest! Regards, Mary
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Its cool and its affordable"
Spent the weekend out there. Reasonable cheap and the hotel room was nice. The door I had a little trouble opening a few times but everything else was overall nice.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"convienant location"
The hotel was easy to get to and convienant, but very outdated and tired. The parking lot was a nightmare due to construction.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time! We agree the parking lot construction is difficult. I'm so sorry your stay was impacted! We hope it will be completed soon! Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, and hope to see you again soon. Regards, Mary Tiffany
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Weekend Away
"Okay hotel right on the Columbia River."
Stayed for 3 nights. Okay, quiet, reasonably price hotel right on the Columbia River. Away from hustle and bustle of downtown Portland on the Vancouver, Washington side, yet completely accessible by car to city and 40 minutes to Columbia Rover Gorge. Plenty to walk to and right along a nice river walk/run. This part of Vancouver seemed like a very sleepy town but I was okay with that. Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. They were repaving the parking lot when I was there but it didn't effect me or my stay. I would stay there again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule. We love our associates too! And our location and the view are amazing! Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards, Mary Tiffany
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Steeleye
"Good Value"
We went to this hotel during my son's college baseball tournament. The location was easy to find, the lobby nice, the rooms very clean (at little dated) and the beds comfortable. There is a nice restaurant/bar that was really crowded with great music on a Saturday Night. The staff (especially the front desk guy) were very nice and accomodating. I was with my daughter alone and felt very safe. Not a high end place but I would definitely recommend.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"close to airport"
not expensive to stay here, we stayed for 3 nights, driving distance to downtown Portland is close
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Good hotel, but a little old and dingy."
The staff is great here, and the rooms are comfortable. The attached bar/restaurant is very good! My only complaint is the hotel is a little old and musty smelling. Also, the location is a little tough to get a cab to go into Portland, but overall a good place to stay.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Was probably nice at one time"
But those days are long gone. The whole place reeked of mold and mildew covered up by industrial strength deodorizer. It literally gagged us and could be tasted when you walked in. Its a fantastic location on the water but is in such disrepair in general that its difficult to recommend. Room had old furniture and was also in disrepair. Other than the location, there isnt much to redeem this place.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review! We appreciate all feedback, good or bad. Please know that we will use your comments in an effort to improve! Regards, Mary T
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Brad
"The Olson's"
Staff was great! Excellent view! Few mins from Portland
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you choosing us, and look forward to seeing you again soon! Regards, Mary T
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Olson's
Clean hotel - friendly staff. Close to tournament and river.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the time, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards, Mary T
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"overnight stay for 2"
Hotel is very old and outdated. The room was very small. I would not stay again for the price.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Three day conference"
Employees were very friendly, and extremely helpful during the checking in process. Accommodations were comfortable and more than adequate with microwave, coffee maker, and a small frig. The restaraunt was quaint, a bit on the cool side, as the meal cooled down quickly, I choose to eat the hot items first. The food was tastefully plated with rich aroma and good texture, flavorful thick chowder the best I'd had in a while.
3 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
Hotel is in a run down area of the city but the rooms are clean and comfortable. We would have prefered a river view but non where available. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
ron
"Next to Columbia River"
Enjoyed our stay here. The staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Gordon
"New Years getaway"
The staff was very accommodating, changing our room to one with a bathtub. Everyone was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
SHANNON
"Christmas 2014 Stay"
Beds were comfortable. Hotel is tired and needs to be updated.
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Red Lion Vancouvrr"
A nice room right on the river in a beautiful hotel. Great restaurant, good food, also right on the water.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Not going back again - seriously needs an update"
I tried to like this hotel - the location on the river is lovely, 1960's international architecture is fun. Room was quiet, nice comfy bed. Despite those niceties the ridiculously small bathroom, loud heater fan, wavy wallpaper, and terrible, terrible room coffee are too much to ignore. Some simple changes would be so helpful - rip out the gigantic granite countertop sink surround so there would actually be space to get to the toilet, put in smaller furniture, etc.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review! We appreciate all feedback, good or bad! Regards,
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Catherine
"a step into the 70's"
I stayed at the Red Lion in the 1980's and I don't think it has changed much. Everything looks the same - dated, dark but clean. The hotel staff was helpful. We ate in the bar and the menu in the bar was disappointing and bland. I felt as if I had stepped back in time when in the hotel.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate you choosing us! We are always adjusting our menu's to meet our guests needs, so please don't hesitate to give us another try! Regards,
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Crusher
"River view & sensational nautical-theme restaraunt"
Great view from the room, and a 5-star restaurant, too. The room beautifully overlooked the Columbia River. The restaurant felt like walking into a nautical museum, the Pirates of Caribbean Disney ride, and master-craftsman's woodwork showcase, with tables that also overlooked the river. It had a sensational setting, and is worth the trip just for the restaurant alone. I would have preferred a bed that was less firm, but this hotel deserves 5 stars.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review! We appreciate hearing from you! Regards,
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Holiday at the Red Lion"
We stayed over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Our room was great and had partial river view, it was also clean and comfortable. Over all the hotel was clean, though dishes from other rooms sat in the hallway for most of the day. The staff seemed in short supply, possible due to holiday. The hotel needs a little facelift and the location to town and the river were great. We walked 2 blocks to the tree lighting ceremony. All in all we were very happy staying there and will stay there again.
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback! Regards,
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Clean but needs improvements"
Our room was clean but the framing of the hotel needs fixed. Walking from the sliding glass door to the bathroom was an incline which meant we were also sleeping on an incline. I don't know how this hotel is passing all the building codes.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Allison
"great value"
convenient location. 5 min from downtown Portland. Great free parking, and with cable TV. Great place to stay for a weekend getaway.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable time in our hotel, and took advantage of our close proximity to Portland. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Vancouver.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Duncan
"Not recommnded with current conditions"
This hotel is pretty run down, and appears never to have been modernized since it was built. On the first day of our stay we were interested in checking out the restaurant and bar, but were repulsed by a strong smell coming from the toilets that was completely permeating the restaurant area. We checked again the next day in case the first time was some anomaly, but no, the strong offensive odor was still present. We cannot recommend this place at any price, and at the prices being charged, its pretty shameful.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing from our guests, both the good stuff and the bad!! We have fixed our restroom issues, and invite you to give us another shot! Regards,
3 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"Quay"
There was confusion about my reservation. There is also construction in front of the hotel. Once that is done it will seem less hectic.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we appreciate the feedback. I would like to apologize for the confusion with your reservation. I hope our staff resolved any issues that had occurred. The construction on the street in front of our hotel is a little unsightly, and we look forward to it nearing completion. Thank you again for your comment, we hope to see you again next time you visit Vancouver.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
curt
"Just fine"
Great location on the river and easy parking. Nice walk over to McMenamins pub restaurant a little over a mile away.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay and are glad to hear you had an enjoyable time in Vancouver. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future!
Hunter
"Good to see this hotel still doing well."
Suited our needs perfectly - one night stay after flying in from the Southeast. The complimentary breakfast is terrific along with sitting in the dining room overlooking the Columbia River. Room was clean and in good condition.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed both our restaurant and your guest room. We appreciate the kind words and hope you can stay again in the future.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
robert
"ok stay, very friendly staff"
breakfast coupon was nice and didn't cost extra. beds were comfortable but balcony overlooking the river was full of spiders and cobwebs. there was a cobweb in our room as well that didn't get cleaned. rusty bathtub/shower fixtures. very cramped bathroom.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction and hotel cleanliness are two very high priorities for us. While I'm please to hear you enjoyed our staff, I regret hearing of the issues you had in your room and will be addressing them with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we can provide you with an excellent stay next time you're in Vancouver.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Lemonade from Lemons"
Very friendly staff. There was a dog show at the hotel during our stay, and except for some early evening barking from a few rooms, it was actually not too bad. I need to repeat that the staff, especially at the front desk, was extremely friendly and helpful.
Response by Red Lion Hotel at the Quay
Thank you for taking a moment to respond in regards to your stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time and will pass the kind words on to our staff. All feedback we receive is taken into consideration so again, many thanks.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
terry
"Squeak"
Pleasant but wish room service was open later. Also the " sqeaky bed" above my room was difficult, i used my ear buds to drown it out.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2014
betty
It's a decent hotel with great location and easy access to the freeway. The room we stayed in was pretty clean and quiet.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
meg
No mention on the web site that this is a dog friendly hotel. We stayed at the same time that there was a dog show. I happen to like dogs but members of my work group that stayed at the Hotel were not pleased. Front desk staff were disorganized.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Nearby the convention center at Vancouver Hilton"
Attending a conference at Vancouver Hilton Convention Center, I didn't reserved Hilton hotel but chose this hotel. My choice was right.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Fun stay"
My stay was fun because of the up beat lounge/bar located in the hotel. It was a lot of fun, and being able to walk back to my room was a huge plus. I did take a morning walk and enjoyed the river views and the boat dock located next to the hotel. Very nice stay overall. The only improvement comment I could make would be that the front desk was understaffed when I checked in around 11pm. (one person) Long wait for check in. I noticed a few hotel guests were getting a little perturbed, but, I would stay again. Very nice.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Stephen Vaughn
"superb."
Older facility but not run-down. Undiscovered gem.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014