All hotels in Port Angeles, Washington, United States of America
221 N Lincoln St, Port Angeles, WA, 98362, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

a room rate at this level SHOULD include breakfast!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great walk on the water, worth the view upgrades!"
Got in late w my wife and twin toddlers. Didn't book the breakfast deal as I wasn't sure what it was and figured I could just do it there. They made that impossible- so we had to walk down the street to a diner. No big deal but not the best service. They did have a pack and play ready at our room within 5 minutes at midnight which is impressive service, so it was mostly positive!
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"Non-smoking rooms smell like smoke and more..."
First non-smoking room smelled like cigarette smoke. After asking for another room, it smelled like cigarette smoke and must.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Gregory
On a family vacation trip to Victoria. Although the room was clean and the staff very nice, we thought the room was overpriced for the stay. Most likely due to the location near by the ferry dock. Nonetheless, at $200/night it still expensive for a hotel rated at 2-3 star. We'll stay there again but hope the price comes down a bit.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"OK, inconsistent"
First off, even though the photo shows a bay-side view, only about 1 in 4 rooms face the water, so good luck on that. We stayed 2 non-consecutive nights. The first room looked and smelled clean and the AC worked as it should. The second room was clean but smelled like a damp musty basement; opening the door and putting the fan on high for an hour did not help. The AC never shut off, even though the temperature went below the set point. Save your money on an included breakfast and go to McDonalds--much cheaper and at least as good. Very good access to shore, shops, trail, and ferry, but you pay for it. There is no elevator access to 2nd floor rooms so make sure you are on the first floor if that is important.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"UGH !!"
This motel was seedy in its looks. The service at the front desk for check in and out was less than adequate. The room was dark, the air conditioner rumbled whenever it was on, the toilet tank continually refilled loudly. We were charged an additional $5.00 as a Resort Fee with no explanation. Was it because we sat at the pool for an hour? The only motel on our trip that did not include breakfast. The one benefit was that for $5.00 per night we were able to leave our car in the lot for 2 nights while we travelled to Victoria. It was the most expensive motel we stayed in on our trip which included four different motels, Port Angles being the only Red Lion we booked.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Good Waterfront Hotel"
We booked this hotel for the location near the ferry and for the view of the water. No restaurant really but one attached we did not use. Easy walking distance to many things and access to Olympic National Park. Not the newest hotel but in good condition. Would use again.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
lee
"Not many options around"
Check-in was painful. Guy was by himself and was extremely slow with no sense of urgency of the line that was there. Not very friendly either. Exterior is extremely dated. For $308 a night i guess I expected a lot more. They gouge because they can (not many other hotels around), and I fell for it. Not again.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice View, but that's all"
The beds and the view were great. For 342 bucks, you would expect that you would at least not be able to hear the children on the 2nd floor running back and forth at night. I called to complain, but it continued. My father had just passed away, and this was the only hotel that had space left. The wifi also didn't work, so the eulogy that I was writing was not able to be emailed in time. The staff at the front desk was rude when I called to complain about whoever was running on top of my head. I felt like it was an old run down apartment.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Kelley
"Wouldn't stay again."
We stayed for 4 nights. On one of the nights our room wasn't made up until 6:00. We had trouble getting on the wifi because the lady who checked us in did not provide clear instructions on how to log on. We eventually figured it out, but it was frustrating nonetheless. The area around the hotel is sketchy. They are a lot of homeless people in the area. The hotel is old, but the room itself was pretty up-to-date. The bedding was nice and the beds were comfortable. I thought the price was too high for the quality of the hotel. They also asked for my credit card at check-in even though I had already paid for the hotel through hotels.com. She said it was for incidentals. When I checked out she asked if I wanted a receipt. I asked for one and it showed a $20 charge for a $5 per day resort fee. I told her I was never told about a resort fee. She immediately removed it. If I hadn't asked for the receipt I would have never known until I got my bill.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
mark
Nice
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Ge
"Family vacation in Olympic Nat'l Park"
Not a lot of options in Port Angeles so this is probably par for the course. The room's small porch gives a really cool view of the waterfront as it is only 20 feet from the water. Watching a sea otter 30 feet away really awesome. Three loud homeless drunks not so much.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"OK in PA"
This is an older hotel in a very convenient location. The hotel has been well maintained and everything worked well and was clean but it's still an old motel style property - nothing fancy. Great location though, 100 yards to the ferry, right across the street from restaurants and the public market. Staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very clean.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Perry
"Good for family, not for elderly persons"
We stayed 2 nights 2 rooms with our family trip. The hotel was in a good location but the building was very old and dated which needed improvement especially no elevator to the second floor of the hotel. My Dad required wheelchair, so he had a hard time walking up & down the stairs. Convenient breakfast available in the hotel location (paid $ ahead of time).
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Overpriced, dirty, no view"
The first room we were sent to was filthy. The hard surfaces looked clean but the chair and carpet was stained with spots and spills and we didn't even want to walk in the room barefoot. I called and asked for another room and they wanted me to walk back to the office for new keys (long walk). When I asked them to deliver the keys the woman on the phone sounded put out and said after sighing "I guess we could do that for you." The room we moved to was so much better. The carpet was clean but the chair was gross. They need to clean the soft surfaces routinely. There is a decent restaurant attached to the hotel that has good food and a great happy hour. Probably could have found a much better deal in the area but there was a Lavendar Festival in Sequim and everything else was sold out. Locals recommended the Holiday Inn express in Sequim.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Sherra
"Excellent service"
Comfortable and clean rooms right on the beach. Perfect getaway. Front desk was so understanding when I checked out and realized my car had a flat. They gave me a few extra hours after checkout so my family was cool, comfortable and safe while I drove to Sequim to get the tire repaired. Devin was so friendly and helpful when I had questions or even looked like I needed assistance, he was right there. Can't wait to plan our next stay...we'll be back for sure.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Recently retired and very un happy with our choice"
We specifically reserved water front balcony roomswayahead of our stay but when arrived we were told that we had the back row no water front view and the price was for premium room. the woman taking our registration was very rude and unhelpful.she referred us as third party bookings.it was paid as a double occupancy room but only had ones of things. we reserved two rooms and the second was in even worse condition with no amenities. this is not what the red lion used to be. when we tried to reserve the rooms,hotels.com would not allow us to book direct with the hotel. Anthony apologized over and over gave us a breakfast and a small discount on each room. he really cared. the opposite of the receptionist. we feel that red lion can offer a 50% discount on each of the two rooms-280,288. we would like to come back under better circumstances. thank you for your help waiting to hear
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Glenn
"Nice and convenient"
Very nice room. Very convenient to the PA-to-Victoria ferry. Lamps on both sides of the bed...a must for us. Quiet!
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Roy
"Red Lion the Plus and Monus of Staying There"
We were first given a room that smelled like mold and dust in th back row on the top floor.We asked for another room and they were accomadating but there was no shampoo and soap. When I requested some it took 1/2 hour to get it at 10:30 at night. Also there were crumbs under the desk and chair. The dinner we had there was very nice as was the continental breakfast. It was also nice to be able to park our car there for two days while we were in Canada.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice for a transition from Olympic NP to Victoria"
Lovely Water Veiw! One Night stay. Rooms were clean with an exception of a stain on our ottoman. Comfort was good, problems with getting hot water in our wing of the hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Great staff- attentive , beautiful waterfront setting, fun pool. Kokopelli next door is amazing!
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
angie
"Good pool, bring your own towels."
Excellent view. Kids loved the pool. Beds were comfy. We found leftover used towels from previous guest in the bathroom. Requested a roll away bed at 5:30 and it didn't arrive until almost 10 pm, and then only after two additional requests. Helpful engineer fixed the A/C unit. Nice service in restaurant.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Our experience"
Room was clean and comfortable, however the keys did not work, had to exchange four times. AC did not work, nor was it fixed when reported. Also the room was not cleaned intill 7:00 pm. And finally, skip the breakfast there are good places near by. The location is great.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
The hotel is a little dated but if you can a view of the water that would be great. It was wonderful seeing the sunrise and the sunset from the balcony. All in all a very good basic place to stay. A little pricey but close to the water, good parking, and close to some decent restaurants
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Erin
"Avoid this hotel if possible"
Hotel is very worn, food terrible, and he cost is high!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Not Pretty"
This place is so run down. The breakfast was the worst we have experienced in awhile.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Travelers"
Coming from Seattle.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Clean and Close to it all!!"
We really enjoyed our stay. The location couldn't be better and room was nice sized and clean. The staff was friendly. Since there is a restaurant on-site there wasn't a complimentary breakfast, which I would have liked to have had that option. We will return!
2 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"Waterfront is awesome"
Location on water is what makes this hotel! Saw whales from balcony. Walking distance to great restaurants and shops. Room was nice but overall the property needs some repairs and TLC
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Comfortable and covenient"
Comfortable room and close to a the 'beach' and a wonderful view if on the water side of the building. Nice walking path along the water and a very quiet neighborhood..
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
GEORGE
"Nice Ocean-front hotel."
The hotel is on the beach and has a beautiful view from the dining room. The waitress helped my partner and I order a vegan breakfast, which is usually very difficult in most restaurants. The pool/hot tub area was very nice but unfortunately we had no time to swim. The only downside was the outdated rooms/decor.
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Josh
"clean"
Older hotel. Still had some old smoke smell. Otherwise a clean place.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Great stay. Very nice bathroom/vanity area. Beautiful view of the harbor area. Friendly staff.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Katherine
"Room with stunning view but very dirty"
Water view was amazing and overall the room room was quiet and peaceful. However, the cleanliness of the room is worth mentioning as it defer us from never wanting to come back here again. There was a wad of hair in the shower; we picked it out so the water would drain correctly. Also, the blanket had food (?) stains and there was two strands of hair on our bar soap.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
Nick Ruhman
"Convenient to Seatak"
Nice hotel but not as nice as Red Lion in Port Anglese! Very convenient to the airport w/great shuttle service! Within walking distance of good restaurant.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Gale
"over priced"
Overpriced and no hot water.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
We took the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. The hotel is close to the ferry dock and downtown. Clean, quiet and convenient.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"No Hot water. Non-responsive Staff"
We stayed at Red Lion over the Memorial Day weekend and as soon as we checked in we found out that the room didn't have hot water. We called the Front office and they said they will send over an engineer but no one showed up. Next Morning I called again to ask about the status and they mentioned that the water heater was not working and several guests have this issue. They have an engineer fixing it but there was no timeline. We had to check out as we had the day planned and didn't want to waste time but I had give the kids a cold water bath so that was very disappointing. There seemed to be no urgency to fix the issue or empathy for guests who paid a lot of money and yet didn't get a basic requirement like hot water. I would have felt better if they had shown a little empathy or concern
A
"Close to the beach,"
Carpet needs change room smells, candies under bed
clinic manager
"Very nice hotel. Strongly suggest view facing room"
Really don't understand why this hotel is not better rated.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great location with ocean view, bad sound-proofing"
Our room has a great view to the Port Angeles, the hotel has plenty of parking spaces and a great location, where you can find a lot of good restaurants in walking distance. The only bad thing about this hotel is that the sound-proofing of the rooms are terrible. We were hearing the coughing of a boy living next door for a whole night, and were woke up at 5am by some noisy guys laughing in the hall. In general, if you are a light sleeper, there's a good chance you won't sleep well in this hotel. In general, the hotel itself would only get 3 stars, but I added one because of the great location and view.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Saprina
"Port Angeles Red Lion"
Excellent location but hotel is definitely showing its age and is highly over priced for what you get. On our last night there the cable service went out completely. I called the office and was told a repair person was on the way. An hour later I was told the repairman was 20 minutes away. The service was not restored when we went to bed four hours later. Years ago I traveled to the northwest on business on a regular basis and stayed at Red Lions whenever possible. After this experience I'll probably switch to another chain.
6 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"DRIP"
Upon arrival to room, somewhat old and outdated carpet (stains). Water flow in shower went from minimal to drip. Reported to front desk, assured all would be addressed. Same issue again, had to continuously turn on and off to get any pressure. Upon check out overheard another guest complaining about similar issue and staff advising that whole side had a problem. If they knew they had a problem then why not do something about it or not open those rooms until problem fixed, oh that's right because they would miss out on charging $191.00 a night, will never go again!!!!
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Don't Bother"
Rooms are in desperate need of upgrade and it has a musty smell. If we had stayed on the side with a water view it may have been worth the price, but we were not impressed at all. We left our housekeeper a tip and came back to find trash cans not emptied, coffee supplies not cleaned and replenished, no clean water cups left for us. Only good thing is location because restaurants and water are walking distance.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Room was musty/moldy. Hotel personnel were more interested in talking to their friends than in helping me check out.
Other trip May 18, 2015
AEH
"Passing through Port Angeles"
This place is overpriced, probably because it sits at the waterfront, but it had everything I needed for a night's stay as I passed through the area. It was very noisy outside until nearly 11PM. There were a large number of oilfield workers staying there, apparently due to the huge drilling platform sitting in the harbor awaiting clearance to be moved to Alaska, and many of them with their female companions congregated in the parking lot in the middle of the hotel and socialized. Being in the section of the hotel with no view of anything but the parking lot it lacked anything to differentiate it from other 2 star motels.
1 night trip May 8, 2015
"Great location for a good price"
For a weekend getaway, this hotel is in a great location next to the waterfront and downtown shops.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Great Price -"
Stayed here for 2 nights. Staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. A/C didn't seem to work. Other than that, everything was wonderful.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Nice friendly hotel"
Nice neighborhood able to get out and walk, beautiful on the water.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015