All hotels in Kelso, Washington, United States of America
510 Kelso Dr, Kelso, WA, 98626, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice enough"
Hotel was nice enough. Right next to I-5 so easy to access. Room was clean. Great water pressure in the shower. The bed was a bit stiff. Fine for sleeping and showering.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Red Lion"
Room was clean and quiet...television reception wasn't good....got some info from the maintenance guy and went and enjoyed a cold one with a few of the locals at "Jims" tavern . maintenance guy was great and helpful....the front desk. ..not so friendly...overall I would prob stay again just to head back to "Jims"
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
simon
Hotel was great but the housekeeping was terrible. Left dirty dishes in our room for 3 days, only came in and made the beds I think. The large room, gym, restaurant, and pool made up for it though. I'd stay here again.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Nicole
"Slim pickings in Kelso"
A bit run down. That is a shame. It could be exceptional with some updating. Hot water took a long time. That being said, there are few choices in the area.
2 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
"Happy Family in Kelso"
We booked the room for our son and wife. They later added the dog. They were most pleased with the room, the "dog neighborhood," and the pool. A most relaxing time!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Ronald
"Underrated"
My stay was great! The reviews I have seen on this hotel make it sound so-so, but it is a quality place. It is older, but it's been well maintained and updated. The rooms are not huge, but comfortable. The pool area is also nice (but could use a few more shade structures). Service at the front desk and maid service were excellent.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2015
"good location to shopping & the highway"
It was a quick visit with the family. Nice amenities. Daughter loved the pool & I loved the exercise room. Only thing that could've been better would be having live music playing in the restaurant.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Would stay again"
We enjoyed our stay. We would stay at the Red Lion again. Price were reasonable and the hotel was clean.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Stephen
"A okay"
It was very nice but this is a family hotel where many kids running around. And spa was not too hot.
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
paul
Your staff was very pleasant! I have been in quite a few hotel lounges & the way your place is cleaned up at the end of the night was far superior to others. The employee there on Monday & Tuesday night really takes pride in the overall condition of the bar restaurant area! I will definitely be back next time I am in Washington!! By the way there is a light out on your sign out front.
4 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Shawn
"Baseball tournament x 2 weekends in June 2015"
Pros: Super comfy beds, nice pool, very clean, affordable, convenient location, nicer bath towels than most hotels in this price range. Cons: Very small bathrooms, staff is very hit or miss--some are super helpful/others won't even make eye contact.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Breakfast is available but Shari's and Denny's are a better bet.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Mr Frog
"Wedding weekend for family"
The hotel was pretty clean, only down side rating because bathroom was small, maybe a foot between toilet and door to open and close. Also no fan in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Did not think to look in the tub untill AM when I wanted a shower. If I would have I would not have stayed.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Nice stay for short time I was there. Late check in was nice with quick service to grab key and relax after long day.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Meh"
This hotel is a big agged. It's fine, but nothing special. I wold give it a C+. The staff was pleasent, but the room was nothing to write home about. The lobby and room were clean and well kept.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
lawrence
The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Jean
"Decent Place To Stay, But Don't Order The Food"
Stayed one night with two girlfriends. Room was fine, bed was surprisingly comfortable. Went to the lounge for appetizers and drinks. Service was beyond slow. The appetizers were cold when they finally arrived. Bartender/Server took them back and had them reheated. Food was not good at all. Chips were stale and cheese tasted like Velveeta. Cocktails were average and the beer wasn't cold. The price of the hotel was reasonable.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Breakfast - awful - nothing to choose from, no healthy choices
Everything was Great!!!
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Leonard
"Convenient location and fine facilities."
Normal medium priced hotel. Normal medium priced hotel.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Bad stay at the Red Lion Inn Longview"
I stayed three nights at this hotel, I did not sleep nor feel safe. I had a male staff member unlock my door and walk in my room unannounced, there were guests who partied and argued and kept their doors open all night, there were guests who drank and smoked outside my first floor window every half an hour through the night, I requested second floor but was denied due to the rooms were not ready, there were only 7 cars in the parking lot.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Merrilee
"Disappointed except the bar staff was Excellent !"
The lead bartender, Heather, and her other staff were excellent. It was quite disappointing to check into the hotel on a Sunday and to find out the kitchen was not in operation. What is that all about? Heather was so kind to fix a cold sandwich, which was very good, and to provide excellent service in the bar area. The rest of the staff and the hotel were fairly marginal. Why do you do business like this. I was a paying customer and had hoped for better than this from 'Red Lion'.....Greg
6 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Seen better days, but the staff is wonderful"
I wanted to try a different hotel in Kelso and it was the turn of the Red Lion. Check in was easy and simple, but I was disappointed that I was on the freeway side of the building. That said, I was not at all disturbed by the noise. The room was adequate with some indications of wear. The in room air conditioner/heater gave off an unpleasant smell. Fortunately I didn't need it. Bath water was not very hot, just warm. I like the closeness of the parking lot to the ground floor rooms. There are decent coffee shops within a few blocks. Housekeeping was prompt and tidy. Food in the restaurant was very nice and the breakfast buffet, included in the room, was healthy and tasty. I did a lot of work in the room and the wifi was a real bonus. But the old chair doesn't come up very high and I had to use pillows to achieve a comfortable work position at the desk.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
The front desk person was great at customer service. We had a slight issue and she made me feel like I was heard and appreciated! Kudo's to you young lady!!
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Great rooms, terrible guest service"
The location is great and the rooms are large and comfortable. However, getting any help from guest services is a real issue. We tried to call the front desk a few times, and had problems getting a hold of anyone. We tried to get some food from the lounge/restaurant, and the service was so poor we got up and went to Subway. The pool was nice, the property was well maintained and very convenient.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"OK place to stay"
Location is great, but the hotel is showing its age. Really needs to have a remodel. Staff is friendly and breakfast is basic but OK.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Jimbo
"Nice hotel; we stay for the pool especially"
I reserved the room for the first time ever with Expedia. Through them, your hotel beat the prices of the surrounding hotels and we love your facility and outdoor pool. So I booked our room for two nights through them. The rep went over all the details thoroughly before I agreed to book. However, when we checked in, we found out that because we booked through Expedia, there was NO Continental breakfast available to us! Not even a muffin or juice! I've NEVER stayed in a hotel in my entire life that didn't offer some sort of complimentary breakfast! We were told we'd have to pay for the buffet if we wanted breakfast. Also, the large lamp behind the chair in the corner did not work. It was plugged in, light bulb was in; we checked everything, but it didn't work and I was trying to do paperwork there, which I couldn't. The air/heat vents were broken off. Our bathroom sink wouldn't drain. Each time we used it, it would back up everytime. I had to move the coffee pot into the bathroom to use it; as there was no plug near it at all. My daughter and I needed to stay there for the weekend to get away from a destructive situation at home, and be safe. These things only added to the stress we were already under. Thankfully, Angie, comp'd us the room another night due to the issues. I was grateful. Then our last day/night stay, the toilet overflowed and flooded the bathroom floor. The knob was too tight for me to turn, and even the maintenance man had difficulty. So...not a great stay!
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Getaway
"four day stay glitches"
Woke up to cold water shower in the morning, tipid warm in the evening. Next day was bearly bearable. Staff was great in every respect. Sorry to see the decline of Red Lion. Again Great Staff!
4 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Worth it"
While a bit out of date, the room was clean and quiet. There are a good variety of restaurants nearby. The staff was very helpful. The televisions are very old with poor picture quality.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Not good for allergies"
Due to the fact that I have an allergy to pet hair and dust/mold, this hotel did not work for me. I had a miserable night. It is a older hotel that has not been thoroughly cleaned and maintained. It is also a "pet friendly" hotel. It did not work for me.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"WiFi is almost unusable, staff indifferent"
Staff members play dumb to this problem and promise to call IT. I heard another guest in the lobby complaining as well.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
"Trying to give a positive review, but...."
Pros: Convenient location, easy to spot the hotel from I-5, very close to Mt. St. Helen, However, Cons: our room(King Suite) was a noisy room with the centralized fan is going on 24hrs and no switch to control it in bathroom unfortunately; Hotel TV guide stated HBO available, but no premium channels were available(wonder if I needed to "order" the premium channels?), Our housekeeper didn't care to leave an extra roll of TP, so it ran out an hour before we checked out. I may have put my expectation really high as other Red Lion Hotels are fairly nice. I will probably stay at a different hotel that are way cheaper then theirs next time,
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
RB
"great stay but time to start renovating and refurb"
Had a great stay at the motel. I stayed here approx. 14/15 years ago and enjoyed the stay then as well as now. A great location, room comfort and environment, but I would say it's time to start touching up the place,ie, Outside trim paint is in need of a new paint and fine tuning, The lounge should be upgraded as well, it looks dated and not as classy as I imagine a Red Lion facility should be, (class the place up. Up grade the TV's to flat screens and HD. The staff was wonderful: very helpful, cordial friendly and professional. Its the people who count the most. Victoria (our service person) was especially helpful in taking care of us and our room.All the other service personnel smiled and said hello as we walked down the hallways. The front desk personnel were likewise cordial and friendly. The rates are very reasonable. The pool area was very nice and comfortable. I will stay at the Red Lion again. My main criticism is to just start to upgrade the facility. Also, the outside key entry system didn't always work to get into the bldg. Other people had that same trouble. We enjoyed the stay in Longview and at the Red Lion.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review. We are so lucky to have the staff we have. They always go out of their way to be helpful, and we appreciate you noticing. We also agree that the hotel could use some upgrades. Please come see us again soon, I think you will see some of that happening soon! Thanks again! Mary
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
H. James Brown
"Lukewarm Shower, Lumpy Beds & Pillows, Noisey"
Check in went fine. Room temp fine. Square lumpy pillows. Lumpy bed, uncomfortable. Shower was lukewarm, I prefer the water a bit hotter. Our room was on 2nd floor close to pool and hot tub. Kids in hot tub were "yelling & screaming" 9:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. They kept waking me up. I called front desk at 10:00 p.m. to ask them if they coukd quiet kids down. I was told there was a manager there asking everyone to leave because pool closes at 10:00 p.m. I looked out window but there was not anyone telling people to go, matter of fact, no personnel was in pool area. 5 to 10 minutes later, the noise finally stopped. I will stay at Motel 6 in Kelso next time. Motel 6 is located adjacent to Red Lion. We have stayed in Motel 6 before and have been very pleased. Besides, Motel 6 has free continental breakfast. This Red Lion has a restaurant so doesn't give free breakfast.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review. We appreciate all feedback, good or bad. Your comments will be reviewed with the appropriate staff, and issues will be addressed. We appreciate you choosing Red Lion Hotel Kelso, and hope you give us another chance. Regards,
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
T
"Not a 3 star, 2 at best"
Over rated
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Dated property, but nice rooms"
Surprisingly quiet for being close to I-5 freeway. Big clean rooms. Dated property otherwise.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Took one daughter to her friend's wedding; just stayed one night. Hotel allowed us to hang out at the pool and use their facilities while she was at the wedding. Very generous and helpful. Good pool and hot tub. Clean room. Very good breakfast.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Nice staff. Good breakfast choices. For exercise, we enjoyed walking on the trail behind the hotel. Room was comfortable and having a refrigerator in the room was a bonus since we were traveling by car.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Ok, but definitely needs a remodel."
Ok, but definitely needs a remodel. Customer service was nice, but didn't appreciate the outdated Tully advertisement online seeing how they have closed.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
The rooms were very moldy smelling.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Lisa Wong
Bathroom too small!
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"OK....."
The room was great. Lots of room and comfortable beds. Unfortunately, the gal that checked us in only put in one of our two rooms. So we were listed as a no-show for our second room and in the middle of the night other guests came into the room. They saw our things and went back to the desk to let the front desk know. Since we checked out on a Sunday the manager wasn't there. I called upon my return home and was happy with the response from the manager. She apologized again for the mistake on their part, gave me a more detailed explanation of what had happened and gave me a refund on the room. She could have just blown me off, but she took the time to return my call and 'reimburse' me for what had happened. If I had the chance, I would probably stay there again.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Jeanne
There was only one small bar of soap in the room and only 1 tissue left in the box of Kleenex. We have stayed in the Red Lion several times before and have always felt very comfortable. Housekeeping just needs to supply the room better. We arrived late and it was raining, so we did not want to go to the office to get more supplies. The breakfast array was nice and attendants attentive. The Red Lion is easy to find and in a good location.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"nice hotel convinent location"
we were not in the hotel very much, therefore there is not much to talk about
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Nick
"An Oldie But A Goodie"
I did over all enjoy my stay at the Red Lion Kelso. This Red Lion has been in Kelso since I was a child. Growing up in this area of Washington, The Red Lion was considered one of the nicest places to stay, host your Senior Prom Etc. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. The Barista at the coffee to go stand was Outstanding. The hotel was short staffed, so often I did have to wait to have someone help me because the staff were performing multiple duties for other guests Example-- the Barista was also the waitress for the breakfast dinning room. But once they were free to help me they were excellent. This is why I gave service a 3 rating. The hotel needs further updating to make it the Shinning Star it once was. JD
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
JD
Bad plumbing!
Response by Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review. I'm so sorry you had plumbing issues!! Please don't hesitate to report any issues so we can fix them right away. We appreciate you choosing Red Lion, and hope to see you again. Regards, Mary
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
"just passing through"
Very nice and great location. Our only negative is housekeeping seemed to be a bit lacking. We only had 4 small pillows for the 2 queen beds, and no bathmat. Not a big deal but worth a mention. The front desk was helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Marla
"Great place to stay!"
I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was good.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Kelso Hotel"
Very friendly staff and good location. Would stay again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014