All hotels in Kelso, Washington, United States of America
510 Kelso Dr, Kelso, WA, 98626, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

There was only one small bar of soap in the room and only 1 tissue left in the box of Kleenex. We have stayed in the Red Lion several times before and have always felt very comfortable. Housekeeping just needs to supply the room better. We arrived late and it was raining, so we did not want to go to the office to get more supplies. The breakfast array was nice and attendants attentive. The Red Lion is easy to find and in a good location.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"nice hotel convinent location"
we were not in the hotel very much, therefore there is not much to talk about
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Nick
"An Oldie But A Goodie"
I did over all enjoy my stay at the Red Lion Kelso. This Red Lion has been in Kelso since I was a child. Growing up in this area of Washington, The Red Lion was considered one of the nicest places to stay, host your Senior Prom Etc. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. The Barista at the coffee to go stand was Outstanding. The hotel was short staffed, so often I did have to wait to have someone help me because the staff were performing multiple duties for other guests Example-- the Barista was also the waitress for the breakfast dinning room. But once they were free to help me they were excellent. This is why I gave service a 3 rating. The hotel needs further updating to make it the Shinning Star it once was. JD
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
JD
Bad plumbing!
Response by Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review. I'm so sorry you had plumbing issues!! Please don't hesitate to report any issues so we can fix them right away. We appreciate you choosing Red Lion, and hope to see you again. Regards, Mary
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
"just passing through"
Very nice and great location. Our only negative is housekeeping seemed to be a bit lacking. We only had 4 small pillows for the 2 queen beds, and no bathmat. Not a big deal but worth a mention. The front desk was helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Marla
"Great place to stay!"
I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was good.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Kelso Hotel"
Very friendly staff and good location. Would stay again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Convenient"
Close to mall and nice restaurants, close to portland
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Bring your Fan!"
Rooms are old school, but nice and clean. However, the air conditioning is a joke! Room was very uncomfortable to sleep in if you are a cool sleeper like me! Most likely will not stay there again.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Hotel close to restaurants"
Very disappointed! When I called Expedia to make this reservation it was confirmed to me that we would have access to the swimming pool. Upon arrival we are told the pool was closed until next week. The main reason we chose this hotel was for the outside pool. It was a disappointment for our boys! Jeri
Response by Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Dear Guest, I am so sorry the information you received was incorrect. The pool is open now, and will be all summer!! Thank you for choosing Red Lion Hotel Kelso, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards,
Other trip May 19, 2014
Had a great stay. Staff was very friendly and nice!
Other trip May 19, 2014
Stayed here one night. Was very clean and close to restaurants. The service was good and people were very friendly. Would defiantly stay again.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Great room, great price! I loved the black out curtains.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
Charlene
"Convenient, clean, but......"
It was pretty good in all aspects, perhaps earning a 4, but the last check in was on Sunday and the restaurant was closed. Not good. Some sort of forewarning (website?) would have been nice.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Derek
This was a quaint place to stay. The best were super comfortable and relaxing after a long day. The walls seemed more thin than usual and I could hear the people next door more than I had hoped but it is an older hotel. The staff was extra friendly and very helpful. Saturday morning breakfast doesn't start until 7am when we were told 6am which created an issue as we had to leave early in the morning. The staff member in charge that morning though was extra accommodating to us and two other guests. He brought us sweet bread and coffee and apologized for the confusion. His willingness to still serve us even though we were too early was commendable.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Natalie
"Great Business Hotel"
Arrived late - the desk clerk was polite, helpful and mercifully low key.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Nice hotel right off the freeway close to client"
My room was comfortable, warm, quiet. The staff was very nice and professional.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Very Accomodating"
The staff was wonderful, the work out room was great and my room was very comfortable. I would highly recommend the Red Lion in Kelso for your stay.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Mia
"Quality of Service"
Good
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
KokChai
"Our best stay in Kelso"
We have stayed in Kelso often, but had not tried Red Lion. We were happy to find helpful and accomodating staff. We were very pleased with the room. We have been given sub standard rooms elsehere and charged more because we have requested a pet room. Not true here. We also found the air quality to be good. No heavy cigarette odors. Thank you, Red Lion!
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Teddy's Travels
"Best Hotel in Kelso/Longview"
This hotel is above, say a Red Roof Inn, but not as good as a Fairfield or Courtyard. It's fairly clean, but dated decor. If you must stay in the Longview area, this is a good choice.
2 night business trip Sep 24, 2013
Shane
"Highly Recommended"
Great one-night stay. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Parking lot was well lit. Only negative comment was bathroom shower...getting a little old. Just needs some new grout.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
LMB
Hotel need to be updated and is full of construction workers that don't care if your sleeping while they bang their doors and talk in the hall way at 4:30 in the morning.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Excellent staff! Very easy to work with! I am here on a long term project and they have been very helpful and courteous!
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Perfect Room for my mom and I"
The room was Big...the 2 queen beds and linens felt heavenly ! It was great to have two sinks for 2 Foo Foo Girls to get ready. We got in late and very much enjoyed our dinner in the lounge .
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
flashy
In general very good. Minor details like they forgot to put extra toilet paper in the room but they remedied it when asked....
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Older hotel remodeled nicely. Great breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2013
Roger
Check in and out was easy and quick. Room was clean and comfortable. Had a small refrigerator and microwave (bonus).
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Crashed for one night"
This was plenty comfortable for a one night crash on a trip. My only gripe is that we couldn't get the bright light from the parking lot completely blocked out with the shades. There was a pretty big gap along the side that let the light in. Didn't bother me, but my 12 yr old daughter had to sleep on the floor to fall asleep.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Poor service"
When I arrived I was told that the queen needs I booked weren't available, and that even though I paid extra to get queen needs when booking, they couldn't guarantee the room would be available. They did not want to provide an upgrade or any compensation. I contacted Hotels.com customer service and they upgraded me to a suite with a king bed. Why couldn't the desk staff do that? Also the rooms are getting dated, with old tv's. They do have nice pillowtop beds though which is the primary reason I stay there.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Stephen
"Convenient off freeway location"
The room was a little dated but was clean
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Spacious room, comfortable beds, nice heated pool and hot tub. Breakfast wasn't included in room but buffet is well priced and kids eat free.
Other trip May 31, 2013
For the price it was fine. Clean hotel and friendly staff
1 night business trip May 8, 2013
Lucie
"Decent hotel for price"
Rooms are a bit outdated but bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good but is only complimentary with certain rooms, luckily ours was included otherwise its 7.99 per person. We're taking potatoes O'Brien, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and pastries. Bar had no music and had poor service with no direct entrance from the pool, which was frustrating. Plus no bar servers came out to pool to take drink orders. Overall decent hotel for the price of 90 per night.
Other trip May 7, 2013
Kyle
"Friendly, clean, pet friendly and comfortable."
The staff really made my stay the best it could be. The hotel could use a few updates but everything was clean and comfortable. If I am in town again I will be back to this hotel. My cat loved it as well.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
Lori
"business meeting"
Found the mattress to be too soft (personal preference). Breakfast was tasty.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
Gary M
"It's fine"
It is a perfectly fine hotel, but not worth the price we paid.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
"Easy highway access, good value"
Nice rooms, easy access from I-5 and great price.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"Overnight stay for 24 hour running race"
Room was fine. Shower great. Room was clean. Upon entry room was cold. Could not get heater working until contacting staff. No one came t room so assume they had to turn something on. Maintenance of heating system appeared bad. Lent was all around the blower. Certainly appeared by sight and smell that the air filter had not been changed in a long time. Room ratre was great for a Red Lion Inn but part of that was clearly due to being a older Inn and the maintenance already mentioned
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
S Varga
"Reasonable value, comfortable sleep."
Hotel and staff were reasonable. Bed was comfortable. Room had a small refrigerator and microwave that proved very handy. We didn't eat at the restaurant so can't comment on food quality. Hotel surroundings are a little dated, but still reasonably well kept and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"practical hotel"
Ok hotel with big rooms for a good price. Close to Longview and Kelso. Has a restaurant open most days and a bar, pool table etc. Close to a few restaurants and a few shops, gas station and more
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
Jan
"Always satisfied"
I stay at the Kelso Red Lion once or twice a month. It is always clean and comfy. The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant/bar are friendly and helpful. I will always choose this hotel when in the Kelso area. Thank you Red Lion...
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"Best option in Longview I-5 area"
This worked out really well ... convenient, clean, competitively priced. They have a prepaid breakfast option $6-$7 which was convenient, but spare. Eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, and bread
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2013
MikeG
"enjoyed the stay"
Close to my personal event, easy highway access...hotel staff very helpful.
Other trip Feb 10, 2013
"Enjoyed our stay..."
This was my 3rd or 4th stay there in the last 6 months or so and it has been great every time. Thank you.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013
Mr. P.
"Needs Lots of Updates"
The hotel looks worse from the outside than the inside. They have tried to upgrade things but missed the mark, i.e. ... granite on the counters and tile on the walls in the bathroom but old faucets, etc for the showers that hardly work. The new(ish) carpet had stains, the grout in the bathroom was nasty. The doors are ancient. There is no elevator so luggage had to carried up the stairs. It could be nice but they need to invest more time in cleaning and a lot more money. Will not stay at a Red Lion again unless it is brand new.
2 night trip Jan 25, 2013
Good mid range hotel. Clean, front desk personnel was courteous and nice.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2013
"business trip"
while room was ok, it needs to be updated to modern amenities badly to include an elevator.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we hope to better serve you during your next stay.
2 night trip Nov 12, 2012
"Bright lights, cold water, no elevator."
The hotel is nice enough kind of dated. Our room faced the pool area which was closed for the season but they left the lights on so the room was lit up all night the black out drapes were no match for flood lights. Also the water for the shower was cold so I called the desk and they said they would check on it but we didn't here back so the next morning I called and said the valve was broken and showed us how to use it temporarily till he fixed it. That night it was fixed sort of it took us a minute to figure out it was backwards with the hot on the right side and cold on the left. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice enough. We were on the second floor and there is no elevator which is a problem with the luggage.
4 night trip Nov 1, 2012
The room was hot and we couldn't figure out the air conditioning controls. It would have been nice to have something in writing on how to adjust it ,preferably close to the unit
Other trip Oct 2, 2012