All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
450 Post St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pictures looked better than room"
My room needed major decor update.It was not anywhere near as beautiful as the pictures they ppst. Its an old hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"Central Location"
Everyone at the hotel was fantastic and always willing to help and offer suggestions on where to eat and transportation.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
gloria
"Overall Pleasant"
Great location. Everything was well taken care of. Great staff.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Great location but for the price not worth it, I didn't feel very welcomed from the staff at the desk during my check in and check out however the worst part was the shower was clogged horrible to be on vacation and have the shower water fill up
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
jay49rs
"A Little Business trip."
Delightful. Steps to Powell Street/Union Square. Well appointed room. Quiet. Will be back.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2015
"Very nice hotel."
Very nice and helpful staff. The room was very clean and well furnished . The hotel is very well located near Union Square and close to public transportation. My daughter received a nice birthday surprise of water and a generous supply of chocolate! The concierge was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Only good and bad experiences do I rate."
This was a great hotel! My girlfriend and I stayed here prior to a work function at the Fairmont. She liked the room over one we stayed in there. The staff here were welcoming helpful and pleasant to work with. Especially Joseph, who worked at the front desk two days we were there. It is right next to Union Square and around the corner from the car rental garages. I usually don't leave many reviews. Only if I had a great experience or a really bad one. This was a great one.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Christopher
I have stayed in several hotels near Union Square over the years. I chose this hotel because the location is convenient and it looked clean. Upon arrival, the condition of the hotel was not what I saw in their pics, it was run down and shabby. It was disappointing to learn 1) there is no gym and 2) no room service. You can order from Morton's next door after 4pm but nothing before. What hotel doesn't have room service, especially in a city like San Francisco?!?
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and, we are disappointed to hear that we not meet your expectations. Please except our apology for not informing you of our workout room located in our sister property 2 blocks away from our hotel. We have chosen one of the well-known restaurants in San Francisco as our room service and if guest prefer something else a guide has been placed in there room of several business that offers deliveries. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with an experience more typical of our hotel. Best regards,
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Clean & comfy, but no AC"
I travel all the time for work, so the most important things to me are cleanliness and comfort of the bed and pillows. This hotel met both of those needs without question! However, I am 6.5 months pregnant and there was not AC. I slept with the window open, the ceiling fan on and they kindly brought up another small fan for me (PERFECT for white noise). I wasn't too hot most of the time but I know I couldn't stay here during the summer like that (my stay was mid-march when it was still cool at night). Great place though and right around the corner from Union Sq shopping - I would definitely recommend!
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Tamara
"San francisico getaway"
very nice Hotel and good staff. TV is on analog only that was dissapointing. Also the lack of free water (very small bottle for $3.50) for the coffee maker seems pretty cheap! The advertised free Limo Service to the financial district was not available, even with a 12 hour notice.
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Katharina, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate anytime our guests share their experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We are sorry to hear you missed our complimentary water and tea in the lobby all day from 7A-6P. Please except my deepest apology for the inconvenience of the town car. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us to improve. We hope you will allow us another opportunity in the near future. Best regards, Lilia Calvario
1 night trip Mar 10, 2015
Katharina
"The BEST hotel stay EVER!!!"
It was such a great time. I asked a lot of friends about the neighborhoods to stay around, since this was my very first trip to San Francisco. They choose Union Square, I chose Kensington Park Hotel because it had such an inviting look online. Online does not do this hotel justice. The staff is so friendly and generous with information and their time. My friend and I had questions about how to get places or where to eat and they gave such great suggestions. Even when the window cleaners were near our open window they were so quiet and considerate. It was a wonderful place to stay. I can not say enough great stuff about this place.
4 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Laurie
"Frequent Visitor"
This is may second stay at the Kensington and the customer service has greatly improved over the years. I normally stay at the Parc 55 Hotel with it's great location, but by far I prefer the Kensington Park. Wonderful old world charm and the room was wonderful, even though the bathroom was incredibly small (for one person it was perfect). The Kensington Park is steps to the corner of Powell and Post (across the street from Union Square) and a Cable Car stop. Three blocks from the closes Walgreens. My room faced the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Traveller
"Extremely disappointing service level"
Service was very disappointing. Staff was outdated, uninterested and unhelpful. "No" was a common response...no sense of 'above and beyond' or 'excellent customer experience' or 'exceeding expectations'.
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Ted, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to send you my deepest apologies for the unsatisfactory service you received on your recent visit to our hotel. In regards to your interaction with our staff, I again apologize for the lack of attentiveness you received, and assure you that the management will continue to coach to improve our skills. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity and demonstrate sincere services. Best regards, Lilia Calvario
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Ted
"Great value and location"
This hotel has an older San Fran feel to it, but has been kept in good condition. We found the afternoon staff to be friendly, knowledgable and helpful, with great recommendations for food and directions. The rooms are small, but adequate, we did not feel crammed in, even with our luggage, and 2 bikes. Parking is not on the hotel property so we had to keep pour bikes with us in the room.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Hotel with theatre in building"
We loved it and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Great! Enjoyed our stay!! Beds were very comfortable! Staff was extremely nice!!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"A terrific, old-school hotel just off Union Square"
A real find, especially if you prefer alternatives to the modern, stamped-out-from-the-same-mold hotel scene.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Stuart
"Nice hotel in a great location"
This hotel is in a great location in Union Square. The evening hotel consierge, David, was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and ideas on what to do around town. This hotel is older but our room was very clean. I would highly recommend.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Kristine
"Birthday getaway"
Room was clean, bed was super comfortable, location was just off of Union Square, and the service was tops. I'd stay here again!
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
I like the decoration of the room & the hotel. The staffs are very professional & would like to stay in this hotel again
1 night trip Feb 12, 2015
PAK LING
"Great place to stay in Union Square"
Everyone was great -friendly, knowledgeable, the front desk person explained everything well, so it was very comfortable. I've been staying at the St. Francis for many years but they were full so I had to find something else. The Hotels.com reviews were very helpful in convincing me to try this one, and now I wish I'd found it sooner. Excellent location, highly recommend!
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great hotel, location and staff."
Stood here for Valentine's day weekend. Great staff, super nice and attentive. Lived the room..Clean, neat and very comfortable. Half a block from union square and all the action, stores and restaurants. Can't beat the price. Only down fault no a/c but it does have a cealing fan so you'll survive.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
viri
"Elks Lodge"
Stayed here because of the Elks Lodge. The room was tiny and hot. The bed was comfortable. The noise level was unacceptable. The only way to cool the room down was to open the window, but it would only open 2 inches. One could hear everything on the floor and the doors slam shut on their own. The valet service was unacceptable. Average wait time was 40 minutes. When I asked for the Elks discount, I was told I could only get that by calling the hotel manager to book my reservation. Even though when you visit the website to get the number, the only number you get directs you to their primary number in India. All night long we had to listen to the SF Metro Fire EMTs boop their siren. The sink counter in the bathroom was so small we had to use the toilet to set things on.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
I was looking for a boutique style, smaller hotel for our trip to San Francisco and came across the personality hotels. The Kensington was great. We appreciated the smaller, intimate atmosphere. Excellent customer service. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. I will book another personality hotel for our next trip to SF.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Tina
"Location is excellent."
It has been a long day for myself and my wife, upon arrival at the hotel and once we got into the room immediately retired. About half an hour later a knocked at the door saying if we wanted to change the beddings (which I originally requested No Feather Pillows/No Down Comforters) made that request during my reservation online. Anyways I turned down the summoned as we were already in bed sleeping. 10 mins later another knocked saying if we wanted the bedding change, I said again not anymore. I thought that was it, but the following morning before 9 a.m. another knocked at the door asking if we he can come in for maintenance check, I declined as we were checking out anyways. Annoyed by the incident.
B
"O.K. hotel near Union Square"
Hot room with no A/C. Valet is shared with other hotels I think. Takes 45 min. to get car. They say 15 to 20 min. but not at all correct.
This hotel is 1/2 block from Union Square, the heart of the city. I loved the decor in the lobby, so quaint. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Every day Bob would ask what our plans were for the day and give very helpful suggestions. The Playhouse is right next door which was very convenient for us. You don't have to walk outside to get to the playhouse. If we get back to San Francisco, we will definitely stay at the Kensington Park again.
4 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
Eileen
"Elegant San Francisco Hotel with Great Location"
A traditional hotel with a theatrical flair. Hotel shares the building with an active theater and an Elks lodge, which both bring in an interesting local clientele. Loved the sofas in the elevators. Great location, just off of Union Square with cable cars passing within a half block. Room was spacious, elegant and comfortable. Only complaint is that the sink in bath was unusually low. Old San Francisco feel to hotel's public rooms and lobby. Staff very helpful and welcoming.Great location and value.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
The concierge and front desk people were very nice and friendly. Park a block away for a cheaper rate. Rooms are small by very clean and nice. Hotel is in a great area.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Dominique
"Great hotel in a great location!"
Very nice boutique hotel in Union Square. They were very polite and accommodating. I tend not to book the big chain hotels, in favor of historic buildings that have their own quirks and charm. We'll be back
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Nice location. Close to trolley."
Had a great 3 day mini vacation. Enjoyed the location.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Had a great stay at the Kensington Park. Convenient location within walking distance to great restaurants and Union Square. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Only knock was no fitness facility, but I made up for it by going on nice runs each morning and their are national chain gyms nearby.
4 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
The location was easy to find, the reception person was great and the hotel has a wonderful historical look. Great central location, near all main city spots.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
It was great! Loved the room and experience at Kensington hotel!
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"lovely/artsy lobby, friendly staff..."
union square area can be a little iffy after dark, but solved that by getting takeout at the café next door and settling in for a peaceful night. the room was beautifully appointed...love the mix of modern & antique. there was a large closet and bathroom was small but had storage AND a magnifying make-up mirror--nice perk. I arrived very early in the day and my room was ready, which was heavenly. I felt very safe, would stay there again for sure.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2015
cyn
"Great classic hotel"
Between business and pleasure my family stays at hotels about 30 days a year. The staff at Kensington park has to be the friendliest and most helpfull we have found in a long time. Older hotel but our room was remodeled and had latest upgrades. I wish I would gone with a view room but not sure it was an option when booking. They have coffee and tea on the 9th floor and the view from there was fantastic. I am glad we decided to use public transportation, parking there is pricy as is everywhere else in the area. The location is perfect, right by union square. We walked to Chinatown and Fishermans Warf. Golden Gate Park was a 30 minute bus trip but was very easy without need for transfer. I will absolutly stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Good location, but extra cost for car parking and no breakfast.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great location, near Union Square!"
I enjoyed staying at the Kensington Park because the staff was great and the location was awesome. It is just a block away from Union Square.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Nice place, dull area"
I enjoyed staying at the Kensington Park Hotel; it was very comfortable and the staff were super nice and helpful. The neighborhood, while convenient for the conference I was attending, but I found the area kind of boring (however, if you like shopping, your milage may vary).
5 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Union Square Hotel"
Enjoyed our stay here. Bed was comfy and street noise wasn't too bad for facing such a busy street. Just be aware, like most places in SF, parking was about $45 a night for valet parking but you do have in-and-out privileges.
3 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
Comfortable rooms, great location. Loved the freebies (wifi, sherry, coffee, toiletries). Sometimes the channels on the television would not show up, but other than that, it was great!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Beatriz
"Great spot!"
Loved the location. Close to the Bart and within walking distance of so many great shops and restaurants! Our room was comfortable and clean. I also liked that the hotel sets out spa water and tea in the lobby!
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Jaclyn, Thank you for staying with us at Kensington Park Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed the convenient location. We hope to see you again during your future visits to San Francisco. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Megan Brandt Guest Relations
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
Jaclyn
"Excellent Location"
The beds were comfortable and the room was nice and quite. The bathroom needs a bit of an upgrade. Great location!
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Lana, Thank you for choosing Kensington Park Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our beds and the location of the hotel. We hope you will choose us again in the future. Kind Regards, Megan Brandt Guest Relations
1 night family trip Jan 25, 2015
lana
"Great location in the heart of downtown"
A fun little hotel with a personality. Rooms were a little dark but clean. My friends and I didn't really stay inside too much to know the amenities, but there was a theatre in the building and it could be great if you enjoy theatre. The staff was very polite and courteous. Sheets and towels were clean, hairdryer and tv worked fine. The bed was a little too soft for me peraonally but I slept fine. The main reason I picked this was its proximity to transportation, cafes and food. Overall a great value for the deal I got through expedia.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Hui
"Lovely stay!"
The hotel and staff were wonderful! The only hitch I had was with the valet parking. The guy didn't show up for 15 minutes. I had to call into the hotel to get my car parked. But once in, the front desk manager was terrific. I would easily return here.
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Traveler, Thank you for staying at Kensington Park Hotel. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and found the front desk staff helpful. We hope to see you again in the near future! Kind Regards, Megan Brandt Guest Relations
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Great access to Union Square"
Great access to union square and public transportation. David, the concierge, was great. Every food/restaurant recommendation of his was spot on and delicious. All the hotel staff was friendly. The rooms were smaller than they appeared on their website, but the beds and linens were comfortable. The complimentary tea, coffee and sherry were nice.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
M.
Needs updating. Brass fittings on shower/bath were tarnished and didn't cover tile hole. Window did not open correctly. Tv reception poor. Bed was comfortable. Staff was good.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Review of Kensington Park Hotel"
This was a lovely and very convenient place to stay. The service was very nice and staff were friendly and responsive. Our room was small. I would stay here again.
Response by Kensington Park Hotel
Dear Traveler, Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Kensington Park Hotel. We are pleased to hear it was a lovely visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Megan Brandt Guest Relations
1 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2015
"Great hotel. Great location."
Great hotel with very helpful staff. Great location. Would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Eva
"Beautiful, historic hotel best deal around"
The hotel was beautiful though they are undergoing construction. When you arrive, you take a step back in time to a more ornate dat. My room was very quiet and had an ok view. The bed linens and other expected amenities were superb. We are not greeted by the valet nor the staff with much urgency, but the front desk people were nice.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015