All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
342 Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Wonderful Very convenient. Comfortable, internet access, very clean.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great location and wonderful staff!"
The staff here are unbelievable! Thank you Amanda, Oliver, Jason, and the rest of the staff at Triton! You made my family and I very happy. At all times, you were there to cater to our needs. Last but not least, thank you for the ice cream! Caramel Cone for LIFE!!
Happy Customer!
"Love Kimpton Hotels"
We love the morning tea/coffee time and the wine hour later in the day. Most of all I love that they are pet friendly. I feel safe leaving my dog in the room. They have treats out for your dog. Lots of pampered puppies at these hotels. Rooms are retro feel depending on the hotel. We stayed in the Triton in SF, very go location close to downtown and Chinatown. The staff are the best, very helpful and friendly.
Hanna
"Christmas in San Francisco"
My daughter & I checked into the hotel on Christmas Day & from the first experience with the front desk staff to the bellhop to everyone else that we came in contact with, the people were wonderful & offered really great hospitality! Hotel Triton is a very funky, retro, boutique hotel...our favorite kind...right in the heart of Union Square. You're greeted in the lobby by bright pops of color & art, treats for your dog, a bicycle to borrow, a warm & inviting fireplace, wine in the afternoon. The room was very comfortable, lots of amenities, great water pressure in the shower. Only issue we had was noise...we chose a street view so we had something to look at & unfortunately on the second floor not only can you see everything but you can hear everything on the street as well. It made for some disturbed sleep throughout the night. I would definitely suggest the hotel upgrade to double pane windows to prevent that from happening. As far as location, you can't beat it. Well, you can if you want to pay a lot more. Hotel Triton is right outside the gates of Chinatown at the corner of Bush & Grant. Union Square is minutes away, there's a great Parisian café on the corner & next to the hotel is a coffee bar by day/wine bar by night, offering a very extensive, reasonably priced wine selection. This is our second year spending Christmas in San Francisco, traveling all the way from San Jose:) to enjoy after Christmas shopping & great food. We'll definitely return to Hotel Triton!
Jacqueline
"Great location, great staff!"
We got in late and the front desk attendant, Alfonso, was super helpful and told us a place to grab a late night snack and drink. When we got back we realized we forgot our toothpaste and he helped us with that too. The day we checked out, they held our bags while we explored the city. Great little hotel!
Response by Hotel Triton
Thank you for the awesome review! I will be sure to share this with Alonso. We hope you come back soon! Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Chase & Cass
"Perfect Location and Excellent Service"
This is my second stay at this hotel and one of many stays at the Kimpton Hotel Group Hotels in San Francisco. I love the location of this hotel and the service is excellent. They have a great hosted wine hour in the lobby and even had hot apple cider with whiskey for the winter months. My only complaint is the sink area in the room which is separate from the shower and toilet. The sink has no counter space so you have no room for your blow dryer or flat iron, etc. Other than that the room was cute and comfortable and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hi Traveler ~ Thanks for the awesome review. The "European vanity" that you described is in most of our rooms. I hope you won't let this keep you from thinking of us in the future. Let me know how I can make the next review, 5 STARS! Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Celeste
"Christmas Vacation in San Francisco"
We had an amazing stay over Christmas! The staff was so friendly and always smiling. There was always something going on in the lobby; free cookies, wine tasting, ice cream, etc. The staff kept us informed of things happening at the hotel and gave us helpful directions to find some bus passes. Our room was quiet, clean, and the beat poetry on the wall: amazing. We've already decide our next trip to San Francisco will be spent in this hotel.
Response by Hotel Triton
You don't have to wait until Christmas. You should see what we can do in SUMMER! We hope you come back soon. Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"so so"
Bathroom broke.... No back up plan when electrical was out
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"Things to improve on"
Rooms very very small…makeup area hard to use due to lack of space…No extra blanket (do not like heat on in hotel rooms)…makeup area lighting insufficient…However, everyone employed there could not have been kinder or more helpful and courteous (we were there during a blackout that lasted quite a few hours).
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014
barbara
"Great service and location but rooms need renovate"
I was quite disappointed with the condition of the rooms and hallways. It seems like everything from the furnitures, beds, carpets are old and need updating and renovating. The rooms were too small and the king size bed was not the California king size bed we were expecting. The bathroom was too small. I was not happy with the location of the sink because it placed OUTSIDE of the bathroom. The temperature of the hallways was brutally cold. The weather was a little chilly outside. The carpet and the walls and the sides of the doors have marks on them and need a makeover. On the postive side, the service of the staff was outstanding. The staff was very accomodating, helpful and friendly. They did not offer microwaves to the room so they offered to heat up the food in the microwave they had in the employee cafeteria. They served the heated food to our room along with some plates and silverware. The hotel stops serving complimentary coffee after 10 on the weekends and I came down too late however, Adam was nice enough to make me a cup of coffee. He also recommended me a wonderful vineyard to visit in Napa Valley. I am also glad that they did not recommend me taking my car for the Alcatraz tour because there is no parking on Pier 33. I am glad I trusted his recommendations. I was very happy with the location because it is in the foot of Chinatown and walking distance to Union Square and all the shops.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hi Neeraj ~ Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall despite some shortcomings. I am most happy to hear about the wonderful service you received from Adam. I will be sure to share this with him for sure. We hope you won't let this keep you from thinking of us again the future. Let us know that next time you do visit. We would love to help make it memorable for all the right reasons. Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
5 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Neeraj
"thanksgiving"
Very friendly staff
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Olha
"Good location and very nice staff"
This hotel has a great location. Near the Chinatown and aslo surrounded by many shops. The staff was exceptionally polite. We missed the wine hour few times but were still granted a glass of wine.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Super cool hotel, great location."
The staff is awesome, courteous and helpful. The hotel was fun with a cool funky style. It is in a great location and parking was not even that bad with a less expensive garage just a block away.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Great location!"
The best thing about Hotel Triton is definitely the location. It is right in the middle of the best shopping in town, only a few short steps from Union Square and minutes away from any neighborhood in the city when traveling by car. Our room itself was comfortable enough, we were not planning to spend too much time there anyway. You can tell it's a bit dated... The carpet is old, the hallways smell musty, the hook on the bathroom door fell off. But it was clean and we were satisfied. We did not love the bed, however, as he sheets had a strange scent, the pillows were flat and uncomfortable and the mattress was a bit hard. Like I said, we were out of the room for most of the trip so it was fine for us. Parking at the hotel is a bit steep so I suggest parking in the nearby lots. The staff is friendly, they provided a complimentary umbrella for the rain, and wine hour was great. Loved the quirky decor!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Lucero
"Older remodel, questionable service."
Hotel was OK but service was not up to par. We asked for a rollaway starting at 3PM up to 10PM, never received it, they ran out. Upon complaining they blamed us for not knowing the fire marshall didn't allow it. We checked out the next morning and stayed at the Drake two blocks over, another Kimpton hotel, at a similar price and was a far superior experience, we'll stay there again.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Theodore
"City Hotel"
Valet parking is 53 Dollars / night, that's too much and breakfast only coffee, tea ... Would be nice to have some bread ...
2 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2014
Nadine
"Visitor for the holiday."
Wonderfully friendly to our dogs. Wine hour was fun, people very friendly. Location was superb.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Fun colorful and cheerful place to stay."
So nice and wecolming. Too my lil dog for free and hotel was in ideal spot and price was about 100. Will stay again when in SF. Elevator was weird, kind of odd.
1 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2014
Beth
"Great place"
The staff is excellent. I happened to have a cold and when I mentioned that to the receptionist she offered to have a tea kettle brought to my room. Very friendly staff. Overall I was very happy with the hotel. Great location as well.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2014
"Great hotel, great location"
The staff was wonderful and the hotel location was great. The french restaurant next door was really good.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hey Traveler ~ Thanks for the awesome review! We hope you come back soon. Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
At the entrance to Chinatown, close to shopping and Union Square. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back!
"November stay at Hotel Triton"
I stayed for business for a few days - great location right off of Bush and on the edge of the Financial District. Hotel had very welcoming, fun vibrant colors and great décor. Buttt it smelled old and musty and I found that to be really off-putting. It was tolerable, but noticeable. Also, the windows were SUPER thin, so I heard street noise a good chunk of the night. Jet-lag let me sleep through most of it, but there was definitely a ruckus of garbage bins, horns, etc. Gym included one treadmill, two elipticals, one of the all-in-one weight lifting sets, and two racks of free-weights up to 30 lbs. With two people in there it felt full, and with three it was crowded. That said, if you're flexible with your workout, it'll get the job done.
Tarran
"Fun Hotel"
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Nice hotel, not the Ritz"
Room was comfortable, staff was nice, bathrooms could use a bit of updating, location was great
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Machki
"Old, tiny, and very expensive"
Old, tiny, and super expensive.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
A very nice hotel in a well located area or San Francisco, rooms are small but comfortable. we enjoyed the casual, warmth of this hotel, we felt very comfortable and welcome.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great find - not the same old cookie cutter hotel"
Loved this hotel, neighborhood, staff and decor.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hey Stephanie ~ You said it best, we are far from cookie cutter but don't forget to enjoy our free chocolate chip cookies in the lobby! Come back soon, Antonio Flores General Manager
5 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Noisy room"
The location is excellent. It is close to public transportation and many attractions, shopping and restaurants. Staff is very nice. Design is kind of funky, covering up that the hotel is actually old, which means air conditioning units in the window (noisy) and old thin windows. I had a nice big corner room but between midnight and 4 AM each hour the unbearable noise of dumpster/garbage trucks and later at 6AM Marathon shouting. Because of the marathon I thought it might be one night only but no, also the next night, same thing only that at 6:30 AM a machine noise woke me up (crane or so). I had to switch hotels as I urgently needed a full night of sleep. Therefore, it could give this hotel only 2 stars and absolutely would not recommend it for business travel (other Kimpton Hotels are fine; therefore I was very surprised to have this experience). In case you get a quiet room it will be fine for tourists. I heard that they have quiet rooms which I unfortunately didn't get even though I was asking for it when checking in.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Would be great if rooms were bigger"
Service was great. Good lobby and wine happy hour. Perfect neighborhood for walking to union square and chinatown. Only negative is the room size. Room was tiny!
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Tiny room, but in San Fran, good for the money"
The Triton was a good price near Union Square. It's not right there, and it's a few blocks to the Muni (the subway). It's not right by anything except Chinatown gate, which an easy landmark to tell cabdrivers but not as majestic as the sound of it. It's not even a great part of Chinatown. Our room was tiny, overlooking the ventilation shaft, and the decor isn't so hip anymore. It was clean, though, and the front desk people were very nice. It's worth shopping for a more charming or more convenient location, but given how expensive San Francisco can be, it's not a bad option.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Neumms
We were pleasantly pleased with the service and overall experience with our stay at the Hotel Triton. Interesting and funky, just great!
Response by Hotel Triton
Hello A traveler ~ "Pleasantly pleased", I'll take it! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Come back soon, Antonio Flores General Manager
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Perfect location, clean and the staff couldn't be friendlier. Loved that they had a wine hour in the evening and coffee in the morning. Price is right too. Highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hello A traveler ~ You're HIRED! I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the awesome review. Come back soon, Antonio Flores General Manager
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Fun Relaxing Get -away"
They were very generous with their wine hour. Cookies at three and coffee available from 6a.m. till 9. Everybody very friendly and helpful.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hey Candice Heck ~ Thanks for the awesome review! We'll keep the wine coming and the cookies warm for you until next time! Come back soon, Antonio Flores General Manager
4 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2014
Candice Heck
"great location, funky decor"
Hotel Triton reminded me of another hotel I've stayed at before in San Francisco, with its bright colors, and little quirks like a short story written on the wallpaper in the room and a copy of On the Road sitting on the nightstand. Pure San Francisco. This had a much better location for me given where I had to work that week (financial district) and puts you in reasonable distance to many things, from Union Square to North Beach. Hotel staff was friendly too. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hi Casey ~ Thanks for the great review, I couldn't have said it better myself. We like the think we bring the independent spirit of San Francisco to life throughout the hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you DUG IT! Come back soon, Antonio Flores General Manager
3 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Casey
"A charming hotel with the sweetest of hotel staff"
I am a big fan of Kimpton hotels- they are all unique and stylish in their own way. This is an excellent hotel for being 3 stars! It is colorful and fun, the rooms are clean, and the staff is super sweet! You are in a great location, close to everything. The only thing is that the rooms are small- but for 1-2 people, it's perfect. Enjoy your time there, drink some wine, do some yoga in your room, and zen out to the sounds of the city.
Response by Hotel Triton
Michele ~ How SWEET it is to be loved by you! Come back soon, Antonio Flores General Manager
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Michele
"Centrally Located"
This hotel is centrally located to popular areas like Union Square, Nob Hill and the Embarcadero. It's close to lots of shopping, restaurants and everything else you need. The hotel is also close to public transportation stops.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
May
"Great hotel, great location"
Bathroom a bit small but considering the city, value, King bed, it was fine. It was a great place to stay.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hey Stevw ~ Thanks for posting your review. I'll take a review like that all day! Till next time, Antonio Flores General Manager
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Stevw
"Location and comfort!"
The staff is amazing! Location is great! The rooms are a bit small, but very functional and nice! A/C worked great, room service was great! Would stay again. I would recommend to the hotel that they get "blackout" blinds.
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great location!"
Fun place with a terrific location! Right around the corner from Union Square shopping, at the gate of Chinatown and within walking distance of North Beach.Overall a neat place for a weekend getaway, run by a fun and helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
The AC was broken and the room was stuffy/hot! Called but the maintenance man was not there so we asked for a fan but they didn't not have any available. There best suggestion was to open the window which we did, but it wasn't until late at night when that helped to cool the room. So getting ready during the evening was pretty bad.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
Susana
"Almost perfect!"
The Hotel was adorable and staff was great! Loved the wine reception! The sangria was perfect. My only issue was the AC window unit in the room was broken. It was a hot night so we set it to the highest cold we could and it was still hot even at midnight. Called front desk for options and they brought a fan. The fan worked amazing and was able to sleep. Just expect working AC in a room that is priced over $200!
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Christi
"Steps to China Town"
Great location, close to Cable Cars, Union Square, great shopping and you walk out the door to the entrance to China Town. The staff was very helpfull and informative. Another great deal is their free bikes. They have two 5 spead bikes in great condition and we took advantage of that, it's a great way to experience the water front. They have great bike paths down that way. The rooms were on the small side but they were clean and the bed was very comfortable, the most important thing for me!
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Susanne
Great and helpful staff
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Great Staff"
Wonderful, Lovely, Enjoyable, Relaxed and Comfortable!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Great location, fabulous staff!"
Really enjoyed our stay at the Triton. Great location -- we could walk to almost everything and public transportation is close by as well. The staff was beyond fabulous -- always had great restaurant suggestions for us and could point us in the right direction for sight seeing adventures. Loved the decor and atmosphere at the hotel -- it was fun and upbeat. Coffee/tea in the morning, cookies in the afternoon and wine in the evening -- always that extra littel something that made the stay special. Staff was great with our kids too.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great location around Union Square in SF."
Walking distance to restaurants, BART, SF Playhouse, Chinatown, cable cars, etc. was perfect.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Cute hotel, right outside Chinatown"
I stayed one night at the hotel and I wish I could have stayed weeks. It's cute, friendly staff, rooms have what you need and the location was perfect. Right outside Chinatown, a few minute walk from union square and 15 minutes by foot from pier 39. There is a wine happy hour from 5-6 daily which was a great way to meet other couples and guests. It's unlimited and the staff serving it is so friendly. I would stay here over and over.
kolina
"Good but not great."
I've stayed at many Kimpton hotels, and this one is just a bit less than what you would expect from that hotel group. There is nothing wrong with the hotel. Just little things--there was no safe in my room, the cleaning service didn't leave me fresh glasses, there was no book with details about the hotel, etc. The staff were all gracious and helpful and the location is great. But if you want the full Kimpton experience in San Francisco I recommend Palomar or Monaco or Harbor Court before Triton.
Response by Hotel Triton
Hi js ~ Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't all that you had hoped for. I hope this won't be your last experience with us and that you come back. Let me know if I can help in any way, we'd love to have you back. Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
js
"SF marathon weekend"
The hotel is definitely above average for SF - but the room was small (aren't they all in SF) and the air conditioner did not do much for us on an unusually warm July weekend. The room was elegant and clean. The lobby and its festivities - wine tasting, cold water, fire place and seating were very nice. The hotel itself was clean, valet was a bit slow, but the staff was very nice and always helpful. (Gave us good directions and places to go for food.) Overall 8 1/2 out of 10.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
James Weagley
"Great boutique hotel in perfect location!"
A few friends and I stayed here for a weekend and loved it. The front desk service was wonderful. It's a funky boutique hotel with a free 5 pm happy hour everyday for guests. Great location - far enough away from Union Square to avoid throngs of tourists but also close enough to restaurants and bars that you don' t have to walk far to be entertained. I'll be staying here again!
Response by Hotel Triton
Hey A traveler ~ Thanks for the awesome review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Don't stay away too long! Till then, Antonio Flores General Manager
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014