All hotels in Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
517 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI, 53719, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very convenient for the activities we had planned."
We stayed 2 nights including Christmas Eve. Our day-time schedule kept us very busy and we just wanted to crash and be comfortable. The room met our needs perfectly. The sleep number beds were great, and the opening of the new Twist restaurant was a nice surprise. Thanks for the friendly staff!
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Grace, thank you for staying with us over the holidays, and thank you for the 4-star review. We certainly appreciate your business
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Grace
"WOW!"
I can summarize our three day stay in one word: WOW! I work for the Kohler Hospitality Group. This being a Five-Star facility, I believe my observations to be valid and reliable. I consider the Radisson of Madison to be 4-Star! I was impressed from the plush pool towels to the variety of in-room amenities. There were healthy breakfast buffet foods available to meet my organic vegetarian requirements. The place was spotless with new facility furniture. Smiles radiated from the Associates faces, including the room attendants, who each went out of their way to greet and meet at every opportunity. I look forward to our next visit to West Madison, WI. Within 24 hours of leaving The Radisson of Madison I have already passed my recommendation to eight family members.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Joan, thank you for the high praise and the recommendations! Your business is certainly appreciated.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
JOAN
"Great Location for West Madison"
Was a good stay but I would recommend that they have bread/bagels included in the breakfast. Have stayed there a few times and the restaurant changed names and was renovated. Breakfast was ok but could be upgraded!
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Thank you for the 4-star review. Now that our restaurant renovation is complete, our breakfast is awesome again! We hope to have you as our guest again in 2015
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Nice workout room. Lousy breakfast. Overall just okay.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Now that our restaurant renovation is complete, food service will no longer detract from your stay. I hope to have yo as our guest again in 2015 and show off our new restaurant! Thank you for your business.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Very good value"
Room was newly renovated. TV better than a lot of high priced hotels. Quiet room a ways removed from the hotel lobby. Breakfast was well below average, possible because they have not re-opened the restaurant.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
John, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Now that our restaurant renovation is complete, our breakfast is no longer a detraction. We hope to host you again and provide a 5-star experience.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great Experience"
We stayed here for the Badger game and had a wonderful experience. The staff was amazing and really helpful with recommending places to go and setting up a spot on the Badger shuttle.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Eric, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are grateful for your business and appreciate the 4-star review!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Basic, but Nice"
Location is nice (on the boarder of Madison and Middleton). Place is fine for what I needed...a nice, reasonably priced room for a couple nights.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Mary, Thank you for your business
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Radisson review"
Bed was comfy. Room was clean.
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
"Great experience"
Even though the restaurant was closed for renovation, the small bar area served wonderful food and the waiter/bartender was exceptional. He was cheerful and friendly and highlighted the use of local ingredients in the choices. The food itself was delicious and fairly prices (inexpensive for an in-hotel restaurant).
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Thank you for the 5-star review. We certainly appreciate your business!
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Room was tight."
Room was tight. Not much room for luggage and to move around and a lot of hallway noise.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Convenient hotel near highway"
Good value for money, but needs to improve ancillary services. Breakfast was terrible and they should change the lobby and bar set up to be more welcoming.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Yankee
Great place to stay for a quick business visit or college visit.
All of the staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and even equipped with sleep number beds. The free shuttle service was extremely convienient and helpful also.
"A bit disappointing"
When we got to the hotel, we were greeted by a very nice man at the front desk. From there, we had a glass of wine from an awesome bartender. However, our room was not clean (the tub actually had a ring in it). It was also very noisy. I realize we were there when UW-Madison had a home football game, but the door to the room was not sound-proofed at all. Once the lights were out, you could see the outline of the room door because the light from the hallway shined through on all four sides. The complimentary breakfast was not well-stocked. The second day of our staff, the cleaning staff took our dirty glasses but did not replace them with clean ones.
Minn120
"Would probably stay here again."
The hotel was great. The rooms were very clean and up-to-date. Didn't try out breakfast at all. The hotel bar wasn't a true bar. We stayed here a weekend for a football game. The shuttle took us downtown at 9:30 am for a 2:30 pm game. Their last "scheduled" pickup for the game was at 7:30 pm. Around 8 or 9 pm, we called them to see if we could get a ride back. They were very shady about it, and then said "well we're shutting it down for the night." Not my problem, just gave my $20 tip to a taxi driver instead.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"unhappy customer"
Large wedding on Saturday night and lots of children eating and drinking in the pool area. We returned from dinner that were going to use the pool and whirlpool, but the area was full of children sitting at the tables and on the chairs. We waited until Sunday to use the pool and whirl pool, but the whirl pool was then out of order. We went into the pool and then back to the room to shower before going out for dinner and the tub was so slow at draining that I was in water past my ankles, that is gross. My husband was so turned off the he did not shower. This was my husband's 50th birthday on Saturday and it was not what we wanted.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room during your stay, including the hot tub and bathtub drain. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2014
Roger
"Clean room, but weirdly creepy"
Hotel is mysterious, the atmosphere made me feel like I was in a horror movie, and in the morning I saw a cleaning team of both mom with her daughter in uniform (child labor?). Comfy bed, great room -- but, overall felt a bit unsettling at times.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
I am sorry to hear that our interior renovation is not to your liking. We certainly appreciate the business.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Could hear other guests clear as day in our room, had to turn on bathroom fan to drown them out. Tub and sink backed up.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the bath tub, sink, and noise caused by neighbors. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Rhiannon
"Amenities/Cleanliness"
The whole shower rattled when the room upstairs used the shower and rudely awoke us at 0630. We were told it was the ice maker but I knew it wasn't because it was across the hall. Pool area-much need of upkeep, dirty floor with food, rust showing through paint, pool was cold. Breakfast-not enough seating for anyone to eat so people brought food back to rooms. Not what I expected for the price and the name "Radisson". Check-in staff were wonderful.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Amy, thank you for taking the time to post about your recent Madison visit. Our maintenance team has been working to make the pool area a 5-star facility and when our restaurant renovation is complete we would love to have you back for a breakfast in our new dining room. Thank you for the business!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"YUCK!!!"
What a disappointment! it smelled... Halls our room. Turned on the air in the room and the unit had popcorn kernels in it. Really??!! Dirty. Couldn't wait to check out next morn. I would never stat at this location again.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room, including the smell and cleanliness. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Room smelled a bit moldy. Some of the rooms had been re-modeled and had Sleep Number beds, but the beds in our room were rock hard.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Relaxing and close to everything"
Room was very quite and comfortable. Only down side was key lock for door with stairs for room wasn't working. Hassle but easily overcome. Will definitely stay again when time arises.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Thank you for the 5-star review. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Tina & Chris
"Nice and quiet"
Nice breakfast, double beds ok...do not like single air bladder on sleep number bed. Everytime my husband rolled over the bed waved and I woke up.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Friendly Staff"
Every single person I came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. It was our mistake to book the room on the opposite side of madison but it was still a pleasant hotel with good free breakfast.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent Madison visit. We certainly appreciate the business.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Very nice"
Very nice hotel. My husband loved the sleep number bed so we could each have it set the way we like it. Staff was great and very knowledgeable. The location was close to the mall which was nice as well.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
Jess, thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Not so good"
The staff were nice and helpful but the hotel was not the nicest. Rooms were musty. Bathroom in suite far from plush. Gym had glaring lights, equipment not terribly up to date, floor not clean, minimal luxuries. Can't stay I would choose this hotel again unless everything else was booked up.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as comments such as yours assists us in improving our service and our property on a daily basis.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Didn't stay at hotel"
I didn't check into the hotel because I had an asthma attack before arriving so I sent the night in a hospital. I'm out of luck because I can't get a refund.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
We apologize for the unfortunate circumstance that occurred. We do our best to work with each guest when similar situations arise, and we apologize if our method of resolution fell short. We sincerely hope you get the chance to stay with us again, so we get the opportunity to exceed your expectations and make this situation right with you.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Older building"
The hotel is in need up facilities updates. The door handle on the bathroom in the room was broken, the duvet was dirty, and the "game room" was very disappointing. The hotel itself was older and run down. The condition of the hotel was disappointing.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Decent stay - skip the breakfast"
Location is good for shopping. Bed was very comfortable. Curved shower bar is nice. Could use more plug-ins but generally very satisfied with the room. Check in clerk was very considerate with lots of recommendations. Only down-side was really the free breakfast. Juices were basically colored water. Sausage patties were bland. The bagels were good, but next time I'd spend money and eat somewhere better.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Pat
"Thankfully, some distance from d'town crowds!"
Not user-friendly survey form. Just the facts, m'am!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great beds"
This hotel offers very comfortable beds. This is the 2nd time we have stayed here in the last month. It is very clean and the staff is excellent. The pool is nice. The hotel offered free shuttle to the store which was a plus. Would stay again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Cherie
Hotel was nice. Didn't feel it was exactly worth the price we paid. Not enough towels at pool even though we asked twice for towels to be brought down. Arcade had more games out of order then working, including the change machine was out of order. Breakfast was ok. Staff friendly.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Beth
"Rooms okay but remainder of hotel tired"
This hotel is fine for a close location to UW Madison and is a solid 3 stars. Rooms are clean and functional (altho hate sink and mirror outside of bathroom and in central room). Kudos to photographer that made lobby sitting area appear 10x larger on website photos. Not a lot of "hang-out" space outside your room. Breakfast area a bit drab but food was certainly fine for included breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Excellent, Affordable Stay"
The hotel was exceptionally well taken care of. The staff was very welcoming, both check-in and check-out, and the room was clean and very comfortable. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from beautiful Lake Monona and downtown Madison where I attended a trade show. The included breakfast was well above average for the price of the room. I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"wonderful stay"
Great hotel. Newly remodeled. Hsd a sleep number bef which wss great. Located in sgrest area. You had a mall and restaurants real close. Very quiet room. Would recommend this to anyone.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
darryl
Layout of room was not ideal for an early riser to get ready in the morning without disturbing wife sleeping on king bed. Sink and mirror basically next to the bed.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Small Rooms, Pool Down for Maintenance"
The rooms are teeny tiny for what you pay! Small bathroom, but the sink is outside, so that made getting ready easier. The pool was down for maintenance, which was a real bummer since the pool was why I chose this hotel over another. Front desk manager not at all apologetic about it.
Response by Radisson Hotel Madison
We apologize you were not satisfied with the size of your room and that the pool was down during your stay. Having the pool down for any reason or for any amount of time is unfortunate and we try to keep the effect on guests as minimal as possible. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Best hotel I've been to in a while"
This hotel was great. I stayed here with my girlfriend the night before the Madison Half Marathon. Everyone on the staff was beyond nice. They even had a special race food buffet out super early the morning of the race for the runners staying at the hotel. They also moved our checkout time from 11am to 2pm the day of the race so we would have enough time to come back and shower before heading home. Very clean room and only 10 minutes from Madison. I was extremely pleased.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Don
Decent hotel at a decent price, make sure to ask to stay in one of the new rooms.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Free breakfast a secret."
The desk clerk did not mention the free breakfast that was indicated on the Expedia site. There was nothing about it (that it was available, where, when) in the hotel's informational binder in the room. I was placed at a room about 400 yards from the front desk. Lights in the parking lot did not work and I was uncomfortable being one of two cars in a dark lot and entering the building alone after dark through the door closest to my room. Scary. Walls very thin; could hear other guests' conversations, the sound of showers was extremely loud, every time the outside door was opened/closed, the entire room shook, and footsteps from above were very loud. Building seemed very dated. Tried to dial local number on phone and kept getting another guest's room or the front desk until the clerk said he "changed the setting" on my phone. Cable TV service slow--took several seconds for station to tune in after changing channels.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Kay
"Birthday weekend"
Great location. We requested adjoining rooms and they gave them to us. This is nice because it doesn't always happen. The breakfast buffet needed more staff. Many empty spots.
mom of 4
"Nice basic hotel. First experience on a sleep # be"
Clean comfortable hotel. Nice breakfast. Attentive staff
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Chuck business
"Nice place. Nice price."
After spending a few weeks in military barracks at Volk Field, I decided to have a quiet stay in a nice hotel not far from the airport. I wasn't disappointed. It was my first experience with a Sleep Number bed. I fell asleep, so I guess it worked. The breakfast was the cherry on top. It was real breakfast with nice choices that left you going back for more. I would do this hotel again if I were in Madison again.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"VERY friendly staff!"
My husband and I were heading to Milwaukee for a Brewer's game and decided to stay a night in Madison on our way to Milwaukee. The staff was so incredibly friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. The hotel wasn't booked the night we were there so it was quiet and very few people were around. We were able to relax and have a few cocktails in the restaurant/lounge and became friends with the wonderful bartender. The breakfast in the morning was GREAT! So much to choose from and you are able to sit anywhere you want in the restaurant to enjoy it. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Jamie
"Very impressive breakfast!"
We enjoyed our stay! Very clean room, easy access to highway, and pool was nice for kids! We all enjoyed the breakast!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Tammy
"Nothing Special"
The room was nice and clean. The pool area was not so clean. The breakfast that was included with the stay was one of the worst breakfasts we have ever had. The room service was very expensive and the salads we ordered were not that good.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Shotzie
"Room to small"
The rooms on the internet look a lot bigger than what they are. Beds are small. Employees not friendly. Only the workers at the desk speak English. I could have stayed another night but we found a different and bigger room to stay in.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Excellent hotel for the price"
As a family of 4, the hotel room was spacious. It was clean, well stocked, nice tv, and sleep comfort beds. The pool and hot tub were nice with plenty of towels, tables and sitting space. Employees were very friendly and made sure our stay was enjoyable. From 5:30 - & 7:00pm, they served free appetizers and drinks for the whole family. We were also given a free warm breakfast with plenty of food choices.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Cheryl
We had a pleasant 2 night stay in a clean , comfortable room
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
krae
The room and pool were perfectly adequate. No more. No less.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014