All hotels in Palm Desert, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here74855 Country Club Dr, Palm Desert, CA, 92260, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Pricey but worth it"
I've always wanted to stay here ever since they filmed an episode of the TV show Saved by the Bell. I wasn't disappointed. They have definitely updated the place since then. I thought the service here was great. They gave sample Starbucks tea drinks while waiting to check in. Everyone was very friendly, especially the staff running the small boats that sail around the hotel. Unknowingly they had upgraded our room to a beautiful pool view! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Each room had a balcony. Beds were comfortable but pillows were very fluffy so you're neck might hurt if you aren't used to such fluffy pillows. We had lunch at the pool Oasis grill and bar & the food was delicious. My 6 year old son loved the food. It was very busy this past weekend but we still were able to enjoy the smaller pools and find a lounge chair. We enjoyed the mini golf also. DEFINITELY take advantage of the breakfast package if that is an option when booking, it is good for 2 adults and up to 4 children under the same room. You will save a lot of money if you plan on doing the breakfast buffet - which was delicious by the way and a beautiful restaurant. Cons - yes the place is pricey, but you have to expect that staying at a JW Marriott. So be prepared to spend more money on food unless you eat outside of the hotel. They also charge you a hidden fee of $28 that you can't avoid when you check in. It does allow you to get free WiFi and use their amenities like the fitness center and mini golf, so take advantage of those. Also, try to request a room that isn't so far from the elevators. We had a far room that we had to walk quite a distance and surprisingly there isn't another elevator on the other end of the hotel. They really need to install one because it is VERY INCONVENIENT. Otherwise we are definitely coming back....when we save up a little money
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Michelle C
"Pleasant Stay"
Our son loves staying here and therefore we stay regularly. The staff are always friendly and helpful but on this trip, we stayed in a room that was musty and dated. We bought incense the first day, but the smell persisted into the next morning so I called the front desk to inquire about moving to another room. I was quickly informed the room would be deodorized and my request was completely ignored. I expected a better response as we stay here several times a year for the last three years. But the grounds are lovely and a great environment for both children and adults.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
il
"probably will not stay there ever"
our room was1608 the farest from the front desk so we had to use bell hop because we would of never found the room the bathroom floor was dirty, wine glass dirty .
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Party Hotel"
JW spent a lot of money on upgrading this old property. It's cosmetic changes are nicely done, but the property layout is old-style and still shows its age. I didn't know at the time of booking, but this is known as a "party" hotel- even in a downpour the pool was wall to wall occupied and loud. Expect to see lots of coolers being wheeled in and drunkenness by the pool. It was not the upscale and classy JW property we anticipated.
Amie
"j Marriott not what it used to be"
I have stayed here before a few times. This trip was disappointing. The hotel was dirty there was no room upgrade available. Pool service closes at 530 and it's summer? Just not that fun and hotel bathrooms and pools were very dirty
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
The best!!!!
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Hot sun, cool views"
If you're a pool lover and enjoy bath taking views, this is your place. hotel staff make it their priority to see you enjoy your stay. Better bring a sound machine if you want to enjoy that king size bed because you can hear any conversation throughout your floor. Pros: Wonderful views, many activities to do, family friendly Cons: Too expensive for lunch options, drinks are over priced for the quantity, walls for rooms are paper-thin and rooms are noisy
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Ty
I always have a great experience at the JW. Friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Beautiful resort in the middle of the dessert!"
Only stayed for 2 nights but was so impressed with everything about this hotel!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Beautiful Resort!"
Hotel was elegant! Grounds were nicely groomed! Summer rates were very reasonable. Concierge staff were very professional and friendly.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Wendy
"Nice hotel with great staff"
Hotel staff was accommodating for checking us in early. Hotel staff also extended out check out time without additional charges.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"best weekend getaway"
Totally worth it
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
"Great and luxurious hotel"
Luxurious, kid friendly and beautiful hotel within close proximity to Indio, Rancho Mirage and Palm Spring attractions. Great food at Rock wood Grill restaurant and wonderful Sundae dessert. Starbucks on-site very convenient for breakfast. 4 swimming pools with full service. Very friendly staff
Paula
"Beautiful Hotel"
My family and I had a wonderful vacation experience @ the JW Marriott. Upon entering the hotel driveway, there was an unexpected surprise where there were several flamingos lounging in a lake. The restaurants Rockwood Grill & Mikado were amazing as well as the views of the property. The kids had so much fun swimming in all of the pools and taking the gondola boat tour where they saw ducks and swans all over the grounds and in the lake. The only negative I have is that double beds are not comfortable or big enough for a family of 4. Queen beds would have been more appropriate considering the room is large enough.
"A"
A
lucian w
Great Hotel, would recommend it to all my friends.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Bad experience,very unprofessional staff."
We stayed there on july 2014.And its not what we expected for $350 a night for premium view room (with taxes and fees).Reserved 2 rooms,requested to be next to each other and close to elevator(because of 2 babies),instead got one on 8th floor and other one on 5th and both as far as possible from elevator.Room was clean,but more like 3 star hotel room.Unable to go to the pool area because they forgot to give us wrist bracelets.Finally at the pool,ask to rent a Cabana and was told its $500 for full day include drinks.So we got one and was waiting for waiter about an hour to get some drinks(outside was 110 degree).After 1 hour of waiting manager shows up and saying that someone already reserved the Cabana 1 month ago so we should live(us,4 adults 1 kid and 2 babies).Finally we managed to stay at cabana for same price but only 1 round of drinks included.Paidanother $300 for drinks.Easy checkout by tv wasn't working,so waited in line for check out.They are charging $17 a day for self parking,but no space available.The only thing I liked about JW Marriott is Lobby.From my personal experience,I will not recommend this resort to anyone.Spent over $5,000 in hotel includes 2 rooms for 3 nights,and after i got home,i found out that my card was charged another $1,200(5 transactions I've never have).I hope it will help you make decision for your next trip.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Jenny
"Great desert hotel"
Our holiday was off to a bumpy start with room changes and long walks from the elevator but quickly improved and found the amenities and property to be very impressive! Hotel staff were very accommodating as well!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Mak
The room was very nice. The golf course was amazing. The service was very good. Huge pool and plenty of lawn chairs. I would stay again and I recommend staying here.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Matthew
"Beautiful resort"
Georgeous resort, welcoming staff, very accommodating, yummy sushi, nice pools
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Convenient to all activities"
Great food.....loved the hotel. We had an amazing time. JW did an amazing job.
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
Wish I could of stayed for ever. Great view. Wonderful staff
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"July weekend getaway"
The service was excellent and since we were only staying for one night, it was wonderful having several on site restaurants to choose from. The Lounge bar has excellent chicken wings, I suggest the Thai flavor and artichoke dip. The Rockwood Grill was wonderful for the breakfast buffet, which we had included in our hotel fee. -This restuarant also had the most wonderful chocolate lava cake that I've ever had.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Ty
As usual J.W. Marriott Hotels never fail to impress us. Our stay was wonderful. We did do a SPA day and were dissapointed that they did not have a 4 person Golf Cart escort to take us back to the hotel after our fabulous spa experience. We had to walk in 111 degree temperature after being pampered. We did question why men have golf carts for their golf experience.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Patricia Brown
"very good resort hotel"
I stay with my friend one night. Prime rib&seafood buffett was really good also breakfast buffett also very nice. We enjoyed resort. Riding Boat and pool spa food. But!!! Unfortunately spa was very expensive then service. I and my friend never take that spa massage service.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
esther
Nice hotel with lots of pools, good spa service. But the room we stay is small, always out of towels around the pool.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Angela
"Was nice food and drinks overpriced"
Staff were not too friendly food and drinks way overpriced for what it was
dan
"Exsalant hotel"
Excellent service. Friendly staff. Beautiful hotel. Our second stay. Second time 4th of July weekend the room was not vacuumed. Had a good time. Will come back. Thank you.
Berdji
nice fascility... beds are comfertable.. very clean
"Paradise!"
What a great experience! Gorgeous hotel on a gorgeous landscaped property. Pools everywhere. Staff amazingly helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. Outstanding restaurants on site as well, and you can take a gondola to get to them. I don't play golf, but the course looked very beautiful as well. Already wrote a letter to hotel management to praise them on their service. Will definitely be back. If you are looking for an awesome resort in the desert area, you won't be disappointed with your stay here.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
nice hotel, good rooms, romantic gondola trip, kids club, evening movie showing
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Very comfortable, clean, quiet with all amenities necessary.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"We expected it to be a wonderful hotel."
Unfortunately we expected a great stay at the jw marriot in palm desert,we have spent many vacations there beforei in which we were always happy. The first night they had a problem with insects in our room,I wont get into specifics but we were very unhappy . The management was not very responsive and they moved us to another room the next day my daughter saw another insect in her bed... I will never stay again at this hotel.im very upset with how we were treated throughout the weekend.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Diana
"My worst weekend"
I when two Palm Springs for my girlfriend sixty birthday. I was looking for a romance even. What I recieve from the staff was the worst time I've every recieve.Their put me in a room that four to five walking block from the hotels lobby.I was out side the kid pool and club, very romance. I ask for a new room and after three phone and holding time i finaling recieve a room two and half hours later. i UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A HIGH END HOTEL.It's very beautiful senting.But for the money I paid I should be given a LITTLE MORE REPECTS. The room was 229.00 dollars 288.00 with all the unreasonable addition was internet etc. that I DIDN'T NEED and parking.But left their paying 315.00 on a 229.00 room.Yes i am trying hard to find out who I can complain to, Marriott doesn't seen to have a complain center. I'll try the internet or Yelp.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"get a massage"
highlight of my So Cal vacation
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
mary
"Well maintained hotel"
Every comfort is taken into consideration. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Gorgeous lobby.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Lisa Rose
"Oasis in the middle of the desert"
We stayed here for a weekend getaway in June. I had stayed at this resort 3 times for conventions but staying for leisure really made the experience special. We stayed at a first floor room where the balcony was facing the lake. In the morning, we woken up by the wonderful cries of swans (black and white) and ducks... The hotel staff was courteous, the close up pictures of flamingos were great. Unfortunately we didn't have time to hop on the gondola that takes off from the lobby and tours the premises but over all it was a great experience. There is a night club, a starbucks, teppan grill restaurant and other places to eat, so its perfect for the family, girls/boys getaway or a romantic weekend trip.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
"Outstanding Facility, Poor Front Desk Staff"
A beautiful large hotel with spectacular indoor and outdoor spaces...probably the best in all of Palm Springs area for a 5 star resort and golf facility. Wonderful rooms, inhouse restaurants, pool area, etc. Our real annoyance was that the front desk staff/hotel did not give us rooms (as previously requested) that were close together for our family vacation (this place is really huge and we had a 2-3 city block distance between our rooms) and they did not check us in until after 4 pm. after arrivaling at 2 pm...we were the very last people getting our rooms.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
ArchTrekker
"Excellent hotel for a weekend getaway"
We did a couple's massage and spent the day at the spa. With its own pool and luxurious accommodations, the spa was a must. The hotel overall was lovely, the grounds were very nice, and the restaurants were great!
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nice place to go if your in desert palms"
I thought the backdrop of the resort was amazing...the only thing I was not happy with was the difficult trek to the room with us having to go up 4 levels, the walk about almost 1/8 of a mile and then down another elevator to get to our room...and the room was supposed to a"signature room" didn't feel like it..
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Derek
"Very well maintained property"
We really enjoyed our stay we had everything we needed.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Adriana
"Relaxing Father's Day Weekend"
The customer service at the Marriott was excellent. Every single person was kind, helpful and very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the rooms, food, and the spa. Well done caring employees.
3 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
kathy
"Beautiful Resort"
Very relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful grounds. Nice, big room. Very comfortable bed and great bathroom with separate shower and tub. Can't wait to go back!
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Very expensive for what you receive"
The showers are VERY small. The shower heads are large and terrible. The food was okay. The servers in the restaurants were nice, but look out when you check out golf clubs for the 18 hole putting course! One lady was very nice, the second day....oh boy! She was very rude. Our room was on the fifth floor near the lounge bar. Very Noisey on Saturday night. I was finally able to get to sleep after the lounge bar closed. It's a lot of money for a so-so experience. Wouldn't stay there again.
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
modjeskacowgirl
"Best service ever!"
We loved the service the best. Everyone went above and beyond what we expected, which is a true definition of great service. We have always had a great experience with JW Marriott. We will definitely visit again. Keep up the Great Work!
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
M Sanborn
"Amazing Resort"
Beautiful resort inside and out. The staff is very friendly and helped us with every need. Loved our stay and will be back
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel, Terrible Staff"
This was my first time staying at the JW and I have to say, the hotel itself is amazing but the service is awful. Everyone at the front desk that I spoke with was just plain rude and being very short and unhelpful. Also Room service messed up both of my breakfast orders. Let me out it this way... service is everything in a hotel, because of the awful service I received by about 90% of the staff I will be looking into other hotels when I return to Palm Springs.
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
Anthony Hainsworth
"You will not be disappointed!"
I am never disappointed when staying here! I suggest this hotel to all my family & friends when in the Palm Springs area.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Staff is horrible!!!!!!"
Overall hotel & room, pool everything was beautiful . This rating is simply for hotel staff!!!! Staff is so horrible ! Treat you like a peasant if you're not white middle/upper class . If you're young , they will treat you like you are irrelevant trash!!!! From day one, at front desk check in, employee was so rude! Kept cutting me off , was told 3 different stories about the deposit needed and method of payment & in the end she just snapped and said never mind you don't need a deposit. Pool staff manager Mursia was awful. I was lying down tanning & he approached me asked for my id bc i had a drink next to me which is fine , showed him my id, sd I need to leave for being too intoxicated. Didn't bother one person was about to take a nap actually. There were 16 yr old white kids drinking, did not get carded at all & no I am not just throwing the race card out there; the indifference in staff service was apparent from day one! Do not stay here unless you are ok with being treated like a neusance and a peasant !!!! Horrible horrible horrible staff !
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Anniversary"
Went for our anniversary. Facilities beautiful and very comfortable. The only complaint I have would be that my husband and I planned to have our anniversary dinner on the patio of the restaurant by the water but they had a private party there and we weren't able to sit outside. I feel that the Marriott should notify guests if any of the facilities will not be available for any reason.
Other trip May 29, 2014