All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2098 Montreal RdOttawaONK1J6M8Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Service is poor
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
"The worst hotel ever!"
This hotel is so dirty. I had maroon (probably blood) and black stains on my bed sheets. I am not saying one stain but multiple stains on the sheets and pillows. The carpet was not vacuumed, dirty, and wet. The mattress for the bed was not comfortable at all. There is duct on almost everything in the room. Some of the lamps do not work. The bathtub is dirty and has rust and yellow stains. The hotels claims that they have daily house keeping but they do not. The guys at the front desk told they don't do that so I have to call and request the dirty towels to be replaced by fresh dirty stained new towels. Initially I had booked to stay here for 4 nights. I wasn't expecting a great hotel but at least clean with no stains on where I sleep. I requested the sheets replaced so they changed my room. The second room was worse. When I asked, why am I getting a room that does not look like the pictures on Hotels.com he said those were the premium rooms charged at about 40% more than regular rooms. I checked those rooms and they smell bad and still have stains on the sheets. I couldn't stay there even for one night so I left but the hotel still charged me a one night stay even though it's not my fault that they are dirty. I don't recommend it this hotel at all. It's dirty and sketchy. I ended up taking a cab to the Holiday Inn which was more expensive but worth every penny.
4 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Rafic
The room we were offered was far from what was described online. This is clear misrepresentation. Room was cold and damp. Towels were wet and the soap just broke in pieces when we tried to was our hands. Floor was saggy and the smell of the room was moldy.
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
Mona
"Stay away from this hotel. Not worth the money."
The reservation was made thru Expedia using my Amex card. At check in, the front desk clerk (I believed was the owner) would not take my Amex card. He insisted I used another credit card other than Amex card. This experience already started in the negative direction. Checked our room (#201) after coming back after late supper. We found the room was run down. The bathroom was filthy, The bedding was disgusting, The white towels don't look clean. It was equipped with a old style 19" TV. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We tried to address these issues. But there were no attendants to be found and the front desk was closed. WE CUT OUR LOSSES AND FOUND ANOTHER HOTEL.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"It's so overpriced; you can certainly do better!"
This is not a vacation hotel and if you are passing through you can almost certainly do better. It's old and very overpriced. The only coffee available is found in packet in your room next to an old, dirty, little coffee maker. I would not stay again.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
jane
"What a dump"
I arrived in Ottawa a day early and everything was full. This hotel had room so I had no choice but to stay there. The place is miles from downtown, and the cab driver told me not to go out after dark. The hotel is very tired and extremely expensive for what you get. The halls were filthy and the towels and sheets should have been thrown out years ago. When presenting a credit card they asked if I could use debit or cash instead. No breakfast is included. The next number of days I stayed in a very nice hotel, close to the parliament buildings for about 40% less which included a great breakfast, wonderful staff, a clean and comfortable room and a great neighborhood. This hotel should be about half the price they are charging.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2015
"Last room left in Ottawa"
Never again will I stay there. What more do you want me to stay.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
The room was fine and as expected. We really only required one double bed, not two. However, we had to pay more for the larger room as there were no smaller rooms available. The bed was comfortable and the staff person was helpful with directions for down-town Ottawa. It would have been convenient to have two chairs instead of one, so we could sit down and enjoy our take-out Chinese meal, from next door. The food was good.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"won't come again if I have other choices"
very humidity in room
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Hardy
"Disgusting"
Disgusting. Air conditioning was really a fan. No cold air. Ring in the toilet
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"$50? Maybe."
Dingy and dilapidated. Full of mosquitoes. Tissue-thin towels. Worth $50/night...at best.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Very disappointing"
Smelled really bad musty. No hot water for shower. Toilet overflowed
Other trip Nov 15, 2015
The smell of the room is discusting, room and bathroom not super clean. To expensive for the room.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"Crooks"
Worst stay ever. Charged more for room than advertised. Everything dirty. Will never stay there again.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
Tony
"Value Inn, Ottawa"
Comfortable room, Needs a little fixing.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
When I entered in my room. It was full of Garbage. Later, the room was changed, where the coffee maker was dirty and was in need of deep cleaning. Despite of my confirmed and agreed upon request, the hotel management refused to provide sofa bed.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Khan
"Value Inn"
Stayed while on business. Room rate was good.
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
"Would not stay at again."
Very old, stained, worn, broken. Not cleaned at all or towels replaced, or wastebins emptied, or coffee supplies replaced. Got several hives or itchy bites from something on arms and legs; thinking maybe fleas. Try another place.
2 night trip Sep 23, 2015
Laureen
Doors needed fixing,washroom was not clean and room had an odour.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
The bathroom door cant close properly. The internet is terrible. The towels are too thin. Too much noise.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
sherry
"Don't go here"
It was awful. Beds were so soft. They are old and out dated.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
candy
one of the worst hotel. too dirty and smell of moisture. I was late for check in (after 8pm) otherwise would go somewhere else. could not sleep whole night. even there were insects in the washroom. and spiders were enjoying everywhere in the room. and Expedia could check from their history, this was not our first time booking with them.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Last minute choice"
Downtown hotel where full. Went east but doesn't worth it.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Terrible"
I wasn`t very impressed with the room and the pricing. The room was not in the state i thought it would be for $100+ rate for a night. I think the room needs a little updating
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
mad woman
"Pleasant room for a night."
My husband and I stayed here for a night In August,we have stayed in much worse hotels. Great value for your money,as it's called Value Hotel. Beds were comfortable, hot shower ,walking distance to get a meal.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
nightnurse
"do not wish to return or recommend"
bugs in bathroom/ bathroom door would not close/ soonas we checked in -do you want to upgrade???????
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
veronica
"Avoid this Hotel"
The room had a moldy smell, the A/C was really noisy and weak. The wally were all smudgy and the wallpaper was falling off or scratched. All of the doors really need a coat of paint and there is dust buildup on the tops of everything. If I could sum up the experience: It seems like the owners or managers just don't care about the place. For $103 with tax for the cheapest room it was not a good value. Just pay $30 more and stay in a nice hotel. This room is worth $60 maybe. Also really far from everything. The place was supposed to be smoke-free but the reception area smelled like really old, strong cigarette smoke. Just bad
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"it was ok."
Comfy room for a couple who just needs a place to spend the night and rest.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Horrible place"
Very dirty with stained sheets. Only great thing was check-in and check-out were fast.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
ama
Room was very musty, only a tiny window to try to air it out which didn't work. A ring of mold around the top of the bathroom wall that had simply been painted over and was already showing through. Stayed out of the room as long as possible as I was concerned about the air quality after we woke up with sore throats
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
A Father
"Very comfy"
I slept very well. Was near malls and great restaurants. Love the fact that this hotel was pet friendly.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Suzanne
"Good place to stay not for families"
I had good experience staying there in the second time the first time I stayed in the old section was bad the new section is much better
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
NA
"A basic place to lay your head."
An old facility (1980s?) in need of renovation. Poor lighting, old fixtures, poor air conditioning. Stuffy at night. Musty smell every time you entered room. No desk area to do work. Hot water was intermittent. On the plus side, location easy to get to off the Queensway, pretty quiet. In general, quite overpriced for what it was.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Value inn"
The motel was in great location. Yes it is not a hotel but it really served its purpose really well. The staff members were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
mo
"sleep in the car before staying here."
Gross!!!
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Worst hotel in Ottawa"
I was moving to Ottawa for work and I am fortunate enough that my employer pays for 3 nights in a hotel in order to get stuff unpacked and cleaned. We got the the Value Inn Ottawa at around 9 PM and there was no one at the front desk. We had to call for someone to come from upstairs. We were offered to upgrade to a newer room for a minimal fee. Good thing we did because considering the cleanliness if our room I wonder what the cheap room would have looked like. Our room was the dirtiest I had ever seen and I have been all over the world. There was blood all over the bathroom floor and bath tub wall. There were sticky stains all over the furniture. We asked to change room and it was better, but still not has clean from what you come to expect from the hospitality industry.
3 night business trip May 31, 2015
Simon-Luc
"Overpriced Ottawa motel"
Probably the worst hotel I have stayed at in a while. Bathroom door did not shut, bed was very uncomfy and hotel not in a good area. Trying to check out the office was locked and no one was around. I would not be as upset if it did not cost the same as a large chain hotel. Only use if no other choice.
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
chantel
"Ants, Ants Everywhere."
There were ants in my first room and my second room smelled of painted over mold... I paid $90 per day, but would not have stayed there if they charged half that. Ottawa was completely booked solid and this hotel was empty... it should be torn down.
6 night business trip May 25, 2015
"Big disappointment"
I have already written to you concerning this motel. The check in was lengthy and they put a $200.00 hold on my credit card for some unknown reason. When we got up in the morning we found that the room was infested with ants and we had to throw out the dog food because of them. Checking out as impossible. When we tried to complain about the ants and settle the credit card hold we were told to wait 5 or 10 minutes and someone would take care of it. Fifteen minutes later we were still waiting and we wanted to get gong as we had a long drive ahead of us so we left without settling our issues. I have spoken to the credit card company and overall the room was not worth the price we were charged. I would certainly like a partial refund.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Brenda
all the furniture looked old and dirty many little spiders in the bathtub
Other trip May 28, 2015
"It was so dirty that we wondered about bedbugs!!"
The sheets looked soiled! The mattress cover had a cigarette burn mark on it! The toilet seat shifted so that you were forced to sit on porcelain! There was no "value" here!! It was the worst night we have had in a motel!!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Karen & Denis
"A fair place for a nice price"
My opinion will be better than what I've read prior to going there. Considering the price, it's a fair place. Now keep in mind that I had only one experience with this hotel (room 215) with my wife and one kid.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Claude
"Don't ever choose this hotel"
Terrible stay they don't even have pen and paper for bath towels u have to ask
Other trip May 24, 2015
traveller
Room was not the cleanest. Stains on the wall paper.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Not that bad."
What i thought it was better than that.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Mohammed
"Go somewhere else."
Three star would be a stretch. Definitley not worth the money would never recommend.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
TERRY
"I won't recommand tous hotel"
Price not adapted to the quality of the room. Not very clean. Very old.
Other trip May 18, 2015
efbx
"Disappointment"
One of the beds had a stain, toilet seemed plugged, beds not comfortable and could here everything. Outside paint was peeling
Other trip May 15, 2015
james
"NIGHTMARE !"
do not ever go stay at this hotel ! We booked it at last minute cause was last minute stay but the room was so dirty you could still see dirt on the carpet and the bed sheets were even stained ! Will defenitly never be returning
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Nickolas
"Meh..."
The Wi-fi was actually decent here, allowed for streaming video at 720p. However I had no hotwater in my room, which made showering quite the ordeal.
Other trip May 4, 2015
steve
"Brutal"
It was brutal. Mold on walls, no hot water and the noise was unbearable. Not sure why hotels.com would even consider having this hotel listed!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015