All hotels in Novato, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7600 Redwood Blvd, Novato, CA, 94945, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.6
    2.3
    2.8
"low class hotel"
rooms are overly dirty. carpets have not been cleaned in years, there is NO WI-FI available even though the web site claims there is. This hotel makes one feel like there going to knock on the door to charge by the hour.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Decent hotel for the money"
We check in late at night and left early the next morning, so I don't have much to comment on. Both desk clerks were friendly and the room was clean and odor free. Easy on/off the freeway. Good price for being only 30 minutes from San Francisco.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
I was surprised that the hotel didn't have water conservation measures such as low-flow showerheads. With the severe drought in California, I didn't appreciate the amount of water I was forced to waste when I showered. An investment in such showerheads would not only save large amounts of water but the hotel would definitely reap financial savings. It's short-sighted of the hotel not to go this direction.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"its Ok"
Not good or not bad
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
nam
"Needs to be cleaned"
Our room was musty and damp feeling from the air conditioner. The grout in the tile in the bathroom was black and you could see specks of white underneath the grime. Also there were ants in the bathroom.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
It is a very run down, old place. The guy at the front desk was nice. Bed was hard as a rock, it was quite for the most part but so old and run down it was just uncomfortable to be there.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Rude!"
I was willing to look past the 2 times there were police in the parking lot. However, the next morning went to get continental breakfast and they were out of bowls. I waited to ask about bowls while the lady behind the counter was helping someone else. She stopped what she was doing and told me the cereal station was out of order due to not having any bowls. I said oh ok. Went to turn around to grab the muffins I had already pulled out and she proceeded to yell to stop touching anything over there it was closed. It made everybody (at least 10 people) stop eating their breakfast and turn around to look at me. I explained I was just getting the muffins I had taken for me and my husband. She was completely rude and it was quite humiliating. Not to mention that I had changed my reservation and they didn't have it documented so I paid for 3 rooms for 2 nights. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!! HORIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
Emmie
"Horrible bed, filthy carpet, nice pool."
The bed was the worst ever. I won't stay there again.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
nell
"Adiquate"
The room was good and the service was very pleasant and efficient. The exterior, however, looked shabby. We saw un-emptied garbage cans and food waste on the sidewalk. My wife and I were thinking, "With a little effort this place could be quite acceptable."
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Beds were like plywood with a 1/2 inch of foam on top but I just need a place near Sonoma raceway so it worked. Have to say it was quiet and the staff was very nice the problems with the hotel had nothing to do with the employees
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Jack530
"So so"
First thought was "ghetto". But since I didn't have any other options, I went ahead. The room was nice enough, not as nice as I'd hoped though. People hanging out in stair wells.. Probably wouldn't come back
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Smelly Room"
The room was smelly and the area where the hotel was located was in a questionable area.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"UGH!"
I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN, WILL GO TO NEXT TOWN. DIDN'T GET THE ROOM I REQUESTED, WHEN I TOLD THE DESK CLERK ABOUT, HE SAID "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?" HE SAID "THE NEW OWNER CHANGED THINGS AROUND"....THEN HE PUT A FAMILY WITH 2 SCREAMING KIDS RIGHT NEXT DOOR...CAREFUL HOW YOU COMPLAIN! YOU SHOULD GO TRY OUT WHAT YOU LIST!
2 night trip May 30, 2014
JOAN
"Needs TLC"
Place is run down with 1960'3 era furniture.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Affordable last minute holiday plans"
Slim pickings for a holiday weekend for last minute plans. Worked out great for a convenient central meeting spot for surprise birthday. Although not far from the freeway and busy street, the room was surprisingly quiet. Room was clean, LCD TV, and had plenty of space for the night. Housekeeper was nice to keep a phone charging cord on her cart, as we left it in the room.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Enzo
"Decent room. Decent price."
Room was better than I expected.. Only Downsides: Little old tv, minimal restaurants/shops nearby, and weird shower controls lol. Overall stay was good and I would repeat.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
"the worst stay ever"
On a simple note. I will never stay in this hotel again.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Mario L
"Convenient and Satisfactory"
I sleep during the day and work at night, and usually bring my food for the week so need a fridge. The manager on the 3rd day of my stay saved me by bringing in a mini-fridge from another room that had been checked out of. I requested a fridge when I booked my stay, but when I got into the room- no fridge. I got the run-around for 2 days until my sleep deprived desperation apparently pulled some strings and I didn't mind being woken up mid REM-cycle to save $30 of food from spoiling! Staff respected requested to not be disturbed due to sleep/work schedule. Negative- bathroom had mold on the ceiling above the shower and in the corner of the wall next to the toilet.
5 night business trip May 6, 2014
"Don't expect too much"
It seems that the lobby must be a smoking zone because it smelled of stale and fresh smoke. Thankfully the room did not smell like the lobby. Do not walk barefoot in the room unless you want the bottom of your feet turning black from the carpet. Must have been a long time since it was cleaned. The TV was an old analog tube set. The free wifi would connect but worked SLOW. It would not let Netflix work. Don't plan on eating the breakfast, which consisted of muffins, croissants(stale), and juice. Nice that there is an IHOP close by. The picture on the internet made it look like it was a hotel with inside doors, but all the doors open to the outside. On an up note, the people were friendly.
1 night business trip May 12, 2014
Yvette
"You get what you paid for"
This place is ok for just crashing the night. The room looks clean but smells like a hospital clinic.. We were looking forward for that complimentary free breakfast, Well for a $70 room what do you expect lol.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
"All you need for a budget price"
Although the rooms show wear, everything is in working order and comfortable. The housekeeping is excellent. It's a good choice when traveling with pets. Basic budget accommodation.
5 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
"NEGATIVE!"
if you're renting by the hour, you might not care
3 night trip May 1, 2014
"Great price and location"
You definately get what you pay for- but you don't just pay for the room- you pay for the experience. Terrible wallpaper... Terrible beds... Pretty bad smell ... And cops were questioning people as we pulled up. But it's fine if you need a quick cheap place to crash.
Other trip May 6, 2014
ashley
"What do you expect for $80"
I didn't expect a fancy hotel, so got exactly what I had expected for the price. A decent room (a bit dated, but who cares?) with a couple of beds. The important things were clean - sheets, pillow cases, etc.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Hotel needs delousing"
Their web site was appealing but never judge a book by its cover. On arrival, check in was manual, yes I said manual. Are we back in the 60s? What happened to the digital world? This setting would make an excellent Dean Kuntz novel.People next door were very noisey, looks like many guest were living there full time, section 8 houdsing. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. You should of not ever listed this hotel. Some type of comp should be considered in my behalf.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Dick
"Close to just about nothing"
This hotel room smelled like what I imagine the inside of a pipe smells like. I think everyone and their brother in Novato comes to this particular room to get high. Other than the smell, the room was exactly what one would expect from the cheapest of hotels/motels on the side of the highway, except this one wasn't too cheap. It was right off the highway, but outside of downtown Novato.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Near freeway ramp. Half mile from downtown. What you'd expect for cost. Cheap pillows, bedding. Sagging mattresses. Questionable clientele. Not too noisy. Inexpensive. No visible bed bugs.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Great value"
This is right off the freeway. The room was clean and larger than I expected. I got in really late (2 am) and there was no parking so the man working the desk very kindly moved his car around the block so I could park. Much appreciated.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
Poor immediate environment in which to walk one's dog, but fairly close to downtown Novato, which was nice. Check-out person not very friendly, but overall service OK. Cleaning staff were very good.
3 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Very Sparse; Minimal breakfast; no fitness center"
The rooms are dated but clean and comfortable. The breakfast is cereal, milk, juices and sweet rolls. Adequate but no fruit or yogurt. The biggest problem for me is that their description promised a fitness center. When I arrived I found that it was closed for repair. If they do not have a functioning fitness center then they need to remove it from the description of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Al
"OK hotel"
Hotel is somewhat old, but clean. The breakfast was finished already at 830 am! Receptionist kind and helpfull. Close to Point Reyes
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Luuk
"Could be better"
For a 2-star rated hotel, it was what I expected, and made the best of it. Aside from a dog barking all morning from an adjacent room and no mini fridge in the room, the thing that bothered (and scared) me the most is when I checked in, they made a PHOTO COPY on paper of my credit card and driver's license, side by side on the same piece of paper. They assured me that it would be shredded after my stay, but how do I know that? Why couldn't they just simply swipe my card for contingencies, like most hotels? Until that policy is changed I won't be staying there again anytime soon.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Beds were not comfortable."
Rooms are dark, only a sliding glass door to open for fresh air. Beds bowed in the middle, so not very comfortable. It was very inexpensive though.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
Jeannette
outside is mediocre at best, the rooms are clean but the carpet is nasty.
7 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
ks
I believe the Hotel was priced effectively for the accommodations. The Hotel is older in need for a face lift to make it more appealing. The room was clean and room service was Great. Because of the location, the hotel seemed to attract travelers passing through, and some over night guest that appeared a little rough but there was no problem during my stay which was a business trip only. The hotel is located approximately 5-10 minutes from shopping. I did have a refrigerator and microwave in my room, which made my stay more comfortable. There is no fitness center, I was told when I booked the room by Hotels.com and by staff when I called to confirm my reservation there was a fitness center.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
Lattice
"Conveinent to downtown norvato"
This was a business trip - the hotel was convenient to my work. Although the room, the housekeeping and service at the front desk met all my needs, I'm afraid I would not recommend this hotel for a vacationing couple - at least not a couple in my age bracket (660+).
13 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Convenient to highway"
Beds are comfy and pool/spa functioning and clean. Amenities were average.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Only in Desperation"
The room smelled clean, but the area was nondescript and the facilities left you wanting. The price was too expensive for what you got and the breakfast was meager. It was close to the 101, which was an asset and the only reason we stayed there. In the future, I would rather the extra drive to Santa Rosa for something better.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Mae
"Please do not stay at this hotel"
The hotel was unimproved, and situated in an area that included a railroad track and rock quarry. People appeared to be using the hotel as their primary residence. Overall the clientele appeared distressed, as was the hotel. The room itself was comfortable, but once we got inside we locked the door and did not leave the room until morning. We skipped the continental breakfast, looked like large muffins and appeared fresh. Would not stay at this location again.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Quizzical
"An adequate motel"
The motel was comfortable enough. The bed was fine; the linens were clean and sufficient for one person. The grounds were not well kept. The motel is located between U.S. 101 on the east and a moderately busy four-lane boulevard to the west; the rooms face the boulevard and are thus relatively quieter than they would otherwise be. My view was of a lightly wooded hillside--quite nice. There is large firewood dealer's yard immediately to the east--this would be an eyesore if the room's windows didn't face west. The motel has a policy of asking to photocopy the guests' driver licenses; I politely asked the reason and was merely told it was a policy. I politely refused and the clerk politely acceded to my refusal. The price was acceptable given the location (pricey Marin County), and if I had to do so, I would stay there again. (I was taking a weekend course at a local university and needed last-minute lodging.) I was amused by a sign near the alcove sink with a slightly sarcastic message about guests liking the room amenities so much that the motel was prepared to charge guests after the fact for taking linens or the ironing board. They actually provided a price list! A recent road trip around the Pacific Northwest reminded me that there are plenty of other chains (Best Western comes to mind) that offer an all-around better experience for not much more money.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
"Terrible place"
Not clean, didn't clean our room at all one day, ran out of room coffee so didn't clean the pot, bed hard way overpriced. Would not stay there again
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Pool and hot tub were very impressive
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
It was cool pit stop before hiking trip
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Close to Larkspur Ferry"
Carpet was so dirty, my husbands socks were black when he walked once across the room. Manager very nice and polite. Rate was little high for what room we got.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"not much of a "value""
We stayed for one night and were not horrified by the stay. The bathroom needed updating as there were obvious signs that many years of use took its toll. The room was clean yet again- you can only clean so many times before things just look shabby no matter how clean they are. Update the hotel – then the term ‘Best Value’ could be used.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"The "Best Value" name is deserved"
Considering the cost of most Napa Valley hotels, this one is truly a "best value". There is nothing fancy here, only the basics, but all the basic things expected are here. It's clean by motel standards, provides continental breakfast, is near 101 but not too close to hear the freeway noise, close to the town of Novato so dining shouldn't be a problem. Only complaint I had was the free Wifi, the signal wasn't strong enough to maintain a consistent connection with my Samsung tablet, a laptop with a stronger antenna could probably do just fine.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Leiming
"Just ok."
The guy at the desk was nice, said to let him know if I needed anything. The rooms are ok. The carpets were dirty, and the towels had a stink to them also the bedspread. I think the hotel is overpriced considering the age of it. It was just ok.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
deb
"For the sake of your kids DO NOT STAY HERE!"
Staff members were nice no problem there. Absolutely the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. It stunk horribly. As my son pulled down the covers on the bed he notice a dirty pillow case. Not just an old one but it has a brownish yellow blob on it!! The bathroom had mold all around the floor and the white shower curtain had a brown rusty looking color across the bottom half of the curtain. The carpet felt damp and mongy and just gross on the feet. I quickly put my socks on. The bed was very uncomfortable, really bad blankets and covering. Freezing all night. We were woken up nice and early by a train RIGHT behind the hotel which you don't if you are checking in at night because it's hidden behind a huge wood pile. Since we didn't check in until after midnight we had no choice but stay there. I wanted to throw up the entire time. BAD BAD BAD!
Other trip May 29, 2013
"Don't expect above and beyond."
I was completely satisfied with the value, the cleanliness of my room and the super hot water. Unfortunately when I got home I realized I had left my pillow behind. This is not just any pillow it is a hundred dollar Tempurpedic that I need for my neck. When I called and asked that it be placed in a box and held at a front desk and I would schedule a courier pickup I was informed that that was impossible, that no one would even bother to give it to the driver. Am totally blindsided by the lack of customer service and will not be staying with this hotel again.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2013
Dinah T.
"Close to my nephews home"
the free continental breakfast was bad, nothing to choose from and the area where the food was set-up was not very clean y was very disappointed at that.
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2012