All hotels in Novato, California, United States of America

Comfortable
    Bad internet service
    Food is not good
"Not Worth it"
This was one of the worst beds I have ever slept on, bed was hard. Tried to sleep in the chair due to the bed being as hard as the floor. Refrigerator was unplugged when we arrived and did not seal properly due to age of it. Coffee in the room but no condiments to go with it, even after they cleaned the room the next day no condiments were left behind. TV closed caption wouldn't work so a deaf person like myself could only watch television. Brother in law also stayed there one night and said their room smelled like marijuana had been smoked in the room. Pool, was told was heated and it wasn't, the spa jets didn't function. Ice is 25 cents.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Randall
"You get what you pay for"
When we checked in, our room smelled horrible! Very strong chemicle smell. We talked to the front desk and asked to be moved. They said it was just the bleach cleaning solution and they had no available room to move us to. They told us to just open the door and turn on the fan. Not ok. Also, "breakfast" was cereal, half muffins and bad coffee. Dining area was very small.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Amber
"Convenient"
I was traveling with my three granddaughters, so the location and cost was important to me. Got a good nights sleep.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Grandma
We were only there for one night, it was fine.we had a call time of 8:30 at the beach, so we were just trying to get closer.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Good value for money"
Easy Expedia experience. Paid up front and no hassle
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Bring your own ICE!"
Although there are stickers posted on the doors claiming they are "non-smoking rooms", the powerful stench of cigarettes permeated every crevice of this room. There were used tissues in my ice bucket. The hour was late when I checked in, and there were no stores within miles of the place to get any last-minute necessities. Finally, the ice "vending" machine costs $.25. I defy you to find a quarter anywhere on these premises. When I asked the front desk if they had tokens, reminding them that I have paid for two nights, the clerk replied, "It'd have to come out of my own pocket." The dimly-lit parking lot had way too much activity for 10:30 at night. It looked as though some people were sleeping in their cars. Do not stay here under any circumstances.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Matthew
"Our stay at Novato's America's Best Value"
Except for the area for the breakfast, everything was fine. There were a lot of some kind of flying insects in the area where we had breakfast. I didn't like that.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Mary E.
Every thing was great except the pool was freezing cold that when my daughter went in she cried.zzand the jacuzzi was dirty with flies and did not work, it would not heat up and the bubbles did not work .. also the elevator was not working ...but the rooms where nice and comfortable and clean and the view was fantastic..
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
Mónica
"Convenient"
Close to downtown and good access to the freeway. Found the staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"This is the worst hotel we've ever stayed at."
Im sure the bed was made of plywood. People are living at this hotel, based on the noise they were up all night. Probably a lot of drug use. I asked for a different room due to the noise and bed, the next bed was just as hard. The mgr asked me to just remake the bed, obviously they didn't plan on cleaning. I called Expedia to get a refund since we didn't stay the 2nd night we booked. Still no refund... . The staff was rude! The breakfast was nothing. Probably eaten by the ppl who live there. I am reporting this hotel to the corporate office. I have pictures of the condition of the room. Do not give these guys your business, you will be disappointed.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Jeff & Karyn
"Dated but decent for a one night crash."
The hotel was old and very outdated. The hair dryer didn't work. It was clean and fine for out over night stay as we were passing through. The town however was beautiful. And the location was right next to some great stores, coffee and close to the freeway.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Keilani
"Smelt like weed, stained walls and rock hard bed"
Room smelt like weed, walls were stained and rock hard bed. Overall this was not a pleasant stay and I got up at 6:30 to check out because I couldn't stand being in the room any more.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good price for the room"
Man was nice to check us in , Thank You. Beds are very firm but still slept ok . Small continental in lobby. Just wanted a room so we could go and explore .
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Linette
"Really courteous staff, but sticky & dirty"
I stay in a lot of hotels, almost always of the Motel 6 / Travelodge type. This property needs to be cleaner, and the bed linens in particular were so old that they felt like they could no longer be cleaned properly. The place could use some updating and de-skeevifying. The staff was very nice, though.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Decent room for the price"
We were looking for a good room but wanted to pay less then $100. We were satisfied with our lodgings. The staff was nice,the room was quiet and clean,and we paid way less than $100.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Dave and Michel
"low budget motel"
Tele cord was ripped out of wall. Bed side lamps were not plugged in. Had to call maint. For lights. Elect. Socket hanging from wall creating fire danger.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Wow! Third-Class Hotel in Affluent Marin"
I should have known this place was too cheap. They put us on the 3rd Floor, then explain the elevator had been out for a week. Nothing wrong with that, except overwhelming feeling that no valuables could be left in the car. The hotel is next to a rock quarry. Next time I'll spend a bit more to stay in a decent hotel.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Barry
"Cheap, but you get what you pay for"
Stayed in family suite room. Beds were comfy enough, but floor felt really grimy, needs a shampoo. Bathroom was clean. Overall, not bad considering the low price of the room.
2 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
Nice hotel for the price. House keeping was good and rooms are large. Beds are extremely hard but some people like that.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
construction wo
"Horribly dirty!"
Horribley filthy place, do not stay here!!!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Thanksgiving stay"
Clean, quiet, good room design with private porch in our ground floor room. This inn is on the frontage road to Hwy 101 so easy access, some traffic noise, not too much and even though it was very full on Thanksgiving night, no noise from clients, so there must be pretty good insulation.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Patti
"Good enough"
I had low expectations after reading the reviews for the hotel, so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't terrible. We stayed for three nights over a busy thanksgiving. When we walked into our non smoking room, it had a very strong smell of marijuana. Staff immediately upgraded us to a bigger room. Was clean enough, bed was comfortable. One evening we found a black widow spider in the sink. Shower pressure was decent and water was warm. Breakfast was sparse but surprisingly fresh. Juices, croissants, cereal, poppy seed bread. One morning we were late for breakfast and went downstairs just to get a bowl and spoon. They gave us a bowl but said they had no spoons. I find that hard to believe since they offered cereal during breakfast. Staff was hit and miss. One guy was pleasant and helpful. One woman terse and unhelpful. Anyway, for a cheap, quiet motel, I would stay again. Keep expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
3 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
I have never slept on a harder mattress than this hotel. It was extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"We Were Lucky--We Dodged This Bullet!!!"
Do NOT come here! This is called America's Best Value but right down the street is the Day's Inn which is the same price and much more clean and hospitable! We were lucky in that my obsession with exercise caused us to walk away and go to the Day's Inn before we had to worry about catching something from this dirt bag hotel. We were only planning on spending one night and I saw that America's Best Value had a fitness room on line so I booked the room. When we got there, I asked the disinterested guy at the desk where the fitness room was located and he said, and I quote, "It's broken." Alrighty then! When I questioned him about what he meant by broken he said that the bike and treadmill were both not working and he ordered the parts. I asked to speak to a manager just because I couldn't stand talking to this rude man and he says he's the manager! I understand that things happen beyond a company's control but attitude and customer service can certainly smooth things over. (Although, judging by the smelly and cluttered lobby and the clerk's lazy and rude attitude, my guess is the fitness room had been "broken" for quite some time.) I will give the manager one thumbs up in that he allowed for us to get out of our reservation with no penalty. But, I am still concerned because he had already swiped my card so I'll be watching my statements carefully. He had also taken my license when he swiped my card and since I was a bit upset while making the reservation by using m
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Dont stay"
Worse place to stay unless you feel like getting robbed or buying drugs. First we pulled into the parking lot and just had this un settling feeling about the place. When we checked into our room it was very musty and dirty. The beds were as hard as a rock and dirty. The maids were cleaning up from what seemed like one heck of a party from the night prior. The overall place was just really ran down and no one seemed to care. We left after about 15 minutes and did not ask for a refund. We just wanted to get outta there, i couldnt put my wife and two boys through that.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
Joshua
"Stay was OK for the price paid."
Old room, old carpets. Room size is good. Need new carpets and some remodeling. There was only one bag cart and was in use during my checkout and I had several bags so I carried them all to the car which was not good.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Elton
We got what we paid for. The breakfast was not explained check out time was not given pool hours not given. But we needed a room that would accommodate us with our 4 kids. The staff was nice and it was close to what we needed.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Convenient Location near downtown Novato"
Room was quiet, but worn and dirty.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Carleen
"Served its purpose"
This hotel is centrally located in Novato, Calif. and is near the cute downtown area where you find antique shops, eateries and record stores. It's also near freeway access and other commercial businesses, shopping centers. These are its perks. If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel to basically sleep, I'd say sure. My experiences during our stay: next door room neighbors' cigarette smell seeped into our room and marijuana smoke. Maybe it was the vent system? Maybe it was the shared door, which they jammed somehow and maintenance had to come in our room to fix. Despite this, like I said, if you need a cheap place to sleep, go for it.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
Steph
"Convenient location to downtown Novato"
The hotel was dirty. Walkways need washing. My sheets had a blood spot on them which I did not notice until morning. Shower curtain was dirty on the bottom, carpet torn and dirty. Patched-up holes in walls and bathroom door. Non-smoking room, but it smelled like cigarettes. The only good thing was a comfortable bed and a quiet location.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Carleen
"45 to an hour outside San Francisco"
Hotel was not very clean and the location was terrible.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Over night stay"
A little rough but you get what you pay for. Convenient location for my purposes.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Now I understand the term "deferred maintenance""
This hotel is in dire need of some updating and repairs. It was also pretty noisy until at least midnight. I was impressed at how little freeway noise could be heard given how close it is to 101. Overall, not impressed.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Smelly n dirty n nasty place. Room wasn't cleaned at all n there was bed bugs around. Worst hotel in my Life. The bed looks like never cleaned n some stains on the comforter n pillow case. Never going to use any chains of this hotel in the future.is absolutely, waste of money.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
waste of money
"Sad face"
Great location, nice staff but needs to be updated and cleaned better.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Close to Freeway and Easy Access to Bay Area"
This facility was a great find..Very Friendly staff and efficient front desk check-in. The room very clean,well lit and comfortable. The room provided comfortable bed,clean linens and quality air conditioner. This facility within .5mi walk to Starbucks,Trader Joes and shopping. Freeway access 1 blk to SF bay area South ( 30 min ride unbelievable) Service in lobby for continental breakfast fast and most adequate.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Jim Yatman
"The worst customer service ever"
When we checked in it was late and the night clerk was very nice. He was impressive as well, operating with only one arm. He was friendly and checked us in quicky. However, when it was time to leave, it couldn't have been worse. I first received a phone call from the front desk at 11:30am, reminding us that check out was at 11:30am. I had already called and asked for a late check out at noon (a half hour later) but they had no record of my request. As I hurried to get my bags out to my car, the housekeeping lady stood in the doorway and stared at us. She kept telling us that she needed to clean the room. My dog has heart problems and he had an attack as we were exiting and I asked the manager (who had come up to our room at the housekeepers request) if I could sit with my dog in the room for a few minutes and he told me "no" and told me to carry him out. I was horrified to say the least and I would never stay at this hotel again. Very rude and lacking on customer service. The room was big and accommodating but the bed was so hard that my back was very sore when I woke up. It was difficult to sleep through the night it was so bad. The atmosphere was dungy and dark, very gloomy and uninviting and when we first arrived we passed two police officers who were arresting some drunken lady and taking her down the elevator. Finally, I was bitten many times by bed bugs and woke up itching like crazy. It was without a doubt the worst hotel I've ever imagined or heard of in my life. The only good thing I could say about it was the man who checked us in. He was very nice.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Donald and Kristie
"Amerca's Best Value?"
I hope America can do a little better.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"No complaints"
I slept well, I was suprized at how quiet it was in the room being close to the freeway, I couldn't here any cars.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
Sam
"Close to Petaluma fest"
For the price of the hotel it was what you expect. Holes in the sheets kinda place. But the AC worked good and it was quiet for a party kinda place. The staff looked very tired and the whole place would need a paint job. I felt sorry for the place. The pool was nice. It was good for what we needed.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
tam
"A good place in spite of low rates"
The desk staff was courteous and professional. The room was nicely appointed and very clean, but did have a slight odor as though a recent guest had violated the no smoking rule for that particular room. It was very convenient to the freeway, and not fat from major shopping downtown.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
We were away for personal reasons and kind of booked this hotel last minute. Overall, there's nothing to wrong with this hotel but our bed was as hard as a rock. It was very uncomfortable.
2 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
"A little scary"
We traveled to Novato for my Aunt's funeral. As we drove up to the hotel, a police car is parked right in front. There were lot's of "strange" people standing outside.The hotel was very dated and didn't seem very clean. The clerk was on the phone for an extended period of time.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Emma
"Great Motel experience so far!"
Got a family room at 2 am in the morning for 6 people. Friendly clerk. Breakfast was nice.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Scapegoat
"Totally fine for the price"
We were happy to pay about half of what we normally pay to stay in that area, and found the accomodations just fine. There was a not so fresh smell in the room which cleared when we turned on the ac. The bed was fresh and comfortable, the room was clean, the parking lot had security, check in was easy. All in all, just what it says, a great value.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Desiree Green
"Good service"
It was very Satisfactory, we had a warm welcome, and we had a comfortable room, we slept well and we were close enough to restaurants, as well as cofffee available in room as well as a frig.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
mr. and mrs
"Americas "Best" not so great"
The only motel I could find in the area with non-smoking, 2 queen rooms available. Obvious that hotel maintenance is not a priority, with the first clue being the outside of the building- sidewalks dirty & building in need of a paint job, seedy- looking people hanging around. Non-smoking room had smoke odor, & I doubt bed spreads had been cleaned in recent memory. Room in a general state of disrepair, continental breakfast limited to 2 cereal choices & muffins/ bread (no butter or jelly) & coffee. Hotel personnel didn't seem particularly happy to see us either. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, unless there just wasn't any other place to stay. Also, sagging beds caused some backaches.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Yobrudda
"Not very nice"
This was quite dirty and we did not check in. We do not think Expedia should quote this to unsuspecting travellers
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
debra
"We drove I and drove out. Dirty and old"
Suggest you give it a miss as we did. It was old, dirty and very sub standard. I cannot see why Expedia would have it I their site
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
debra
"easy access"
the room was quite clean and beds comfortable. With window open noise from Redwood blvd was quite loud. Personnel quite friendly and helpful. Easy access to downtown and 101. Grounds not particularly clean.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014