All hotels in Layton, Utah, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1740 Heritage Prk Blvd, Layton, UT, 84041, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"Great room, bad breakfast"
Great rooms, but the breakfast was not very good. The muffins has a funny taste and the eggs were not good.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Close to mall and restaurants"
Easy to get to from the freeway. Overall quiet. Exercise room and pool a plus.
Sylvia
"Nice hotel."
Nice hotel, clean and comfortable, hot tub wasn't working so not warm but aside from that very nice.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
charlene
"A very pleasant stay at Fairfield Inn!"
Comfortable size room and everything else was good, too. We were transferred to another room dur to ants but it was an easy switch. Brought our service dog and she was also welcome and given plenty of attention by staff. The breakfast was more than enough for us. Overall, a great stay!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Dan and Debbie
"a necessary stay"
great stay.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Fairfield in SLC"
This was a good hotel, with good service. I had an issue where the in-room coffee maker was running on it's last leg, and the staff had it replaced the day I gave them feedback. I did have an issue with one of my day's where housekeeping did not replenish coffee making supplies, which for me is a big deal, as I like a cup or two in the morning as I get ready to head out. Overall the stay was good, and I would stay here again as it was a good mix of convenience, central location, good pricing, and attentive staff.
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Brandon
"close to wedding."
great
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Don't Stay Here If You Need a Good Night's Sleep"
The room was very clean and looked inviting. The BIG problem was a broken window that allowed loud construction/maintenance noise into the room until 2-3 in the morning. We were unable to sleep at all. Very disappointed, will not stay there again...
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"A real let-down for the name of Marriott!"
The girl at the front desk was not always available. I stood there and called out, "HELLO?" several times. I went back to my room and tried again later. She finally came out from the back room to take my money for my bottle of water. This was completely unacceptable to me! Extremely poor service! Later that evening, our toilet became plugged. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come and fix the toilet and the girl said, "Well, it's the week-end and we don't have any maintenance people here right now. But I can move you to another room!" NO MAINTENANCE PEOPLE??? This was also completely unacceptable! I told the girl that we are an older couple and were already settled in our room and did not want to have to pack up our things and move to another room! So the girl said she would make a call and see if she could find someone to fix the toilet. In the meantime, while we were waiting, we had to use the public restroom out in the hallway! Finally, there was a knock on our door, and there stood the girl from the front desk holding a plunger. She came to fix the toilet herself, since she was ALL ALONE and the ONLY person there on duty! Is this a safe practice? What if there was a fire or a robbery? The toilet still continued to leak and water was all over the bathroom floor. Again, no one came to fix the problem. We had to use towels to mop up the mess. This this NOT conducive to the Marriott name! We will never stay at this hotel again!
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Rhonda
"Close to Lagoon and an excellent plastic surgeon"
Came here about 3 years ago just for Lagoon, was great but could use an update. Came back and it was WONDERFUL! From check in to check out. Staff was great, breakfast was yummy and pool was perfect temperature. The remodel looks fabulous! This will be my go to hotel from now on!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
just me
Very pleasant stay. Clean!!!!
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Welch
"Looking frayed"
The carpeting in the room was badly frayed and overall looked very outdated throughout the hotel hallways. I was also annoyed that they don't have better sound dampening from the freeway noise. However, their breakfast was very complete and the staff very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Sheila
"High incidence hold"
The hotel was great nice staff and very clean. My husband ever liked the beds which never happens. But they did have a very high amount hold for incidentals on our card I would not stay here again because of that.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Jane
"Nice hotel close to shopping and entertainment"
This hotel is currently undergoing some remodeling and I am hoping that after it's completed, it will be a better experience for all. The hotel really was one of the better ones I've stayed at recently but for a Marriott, I felt it fell below standard. I am used to Marriott's being the top of the line for hotels and this one seemed a little lacking. I could really hear other travelers all night in the hallways, so the rooms aren't as quiet as preferred. The room was clean and the beds were nice. It is very close to dining, shopping, and movie theaters, so that was a plus. The pool area was okay but the pool was pretty cold. We did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and went during the tail end. There wasn't much food left at that point. Staff was helpful and friendly. I would recommend it as a nice place to stay but I do feel it is one the less nice Marriotts out there.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Recently remodeled. Modern room, very nice. Here are some more words, the fact that you FORCE me to write a minimum number of words is childish.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great Hotel & Friendly Staff. A+"
Great Hotel & Friendly Staff. A+
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
mlewis1099
"Under construction"
The hotel was being remodeled during my stay. A little noisy and messy. The staff was very good throughout.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Dscott
"Nice hotel. Close to Lagoon amusement park"
We just loved this hotel. Family friendly, very hospitatable.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
It took forever to get a worker to the counter so I could check out the morning before our flight. We waited about 25 minutes I missed our plane home.
3 night trip May 28, 2014
"Room was too crowded"
They had overbooked the hotel, so asked us if we would mind "upgrading" to a king size room with a sofa bed. It was free, so we thought we had scored a cool deal. Not so much. The only thing we liked about the room was the jaccuzzi. The kids thought it was awesome, but that was the only awesome thing about our stay. I was traveling with my husband and 3 kids. They said it was a fire hazard to have a roll away in the room because the room was so small. There was no bedding in the room for the pullout bed, and when we went to the front desk to get some, we were handed a lumpy pillow and a set of sheets. Thank goodness the kids brought pillows and blankets for the ride! When the sofa bed was pulled out, we had to climb over it to get to the bathroom.They gave us 1 towel and 1 hand towel, so back to the front desk we went for more. There were no towels in the pool area, either. However, the breakfast attendant was incredibly nice and they have a great breakfast without shoving you out at the time posted which I really appreciated. That was about the only pleasant thing I have to say about our stay here.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Wrong time to go"
The staff was very nice, but the building was being renovated and so the rooms we reserved were not the rooms we got. We had someone above us jumping and stomping on the floor at 2am and the freeway noise was very loud. The desk clerk tried to quiet things down and I think when the construction is finished it will be a lovely place to stay. We hit it on the wrong week!
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"not to happy with room"
checked in, the swiped my card for incidentals, room was beside ice machine, people up stairs decided to take 4 showers at 3 am, went to open the bathroom door and the handle fell off, light was burned out in bathroom. After paying for room through Hotel*com, hotel charged my card again. you would think something as simple as removing the charge would happen instantly like when i checked in but that did not happen, Day 4 and still waiting for my money to be put back into my account. could have booked cheaper by calling the hotel direct. 5 am and someone filling a cooler from ice machine, heard every cube hit the container. 6 am wife had enough we checked out. not much sleep on this weekend get away. doubt i use this service again.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Unhappy
"Not as nice as most Marriotts"
The room was a little dirty and the tub would not drain properly. A little gross wading in others dirty water to shower. The breakfast was OK and the staff was friendly enough. It is very conveniently located just off the freeway. We have stayed here many times before, but I think overall that the hotel stay was not as nice as it used to be.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Non-smoking room smelled like smoke."
The hotel was not the greatest. Our non-smoking room smelled like smoke and the hot tub was out of order. Breakfast was okay, but the room it was in was not very large and very crowded. It was located conveniently next to the freeway.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
It was close to our family as we had some family things planned.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Nice Hotel-GREAT STAFF!"
Very comfortable, clean hotel. That was expected and was delivered. What was above board was the staff. These are some of the nicest people I have come across in my stays across America. Genuinely interested in helping out, carrying on a conversation and smiling. I can't wait to go back!
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2013
Kevinn
"Very Good - As Usual!"
This hotel chain has been our overall favorite (in this price range), and as usual, did not disappoint!
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Lee
"Close to AFB and Restaurants"
We stayed here because of it being close to Hill AFB. We discovered it was also somewhat close to a mall and lots of good restaurants. The overall rating was 4 of 5 for condition and quality and a 5 of 5 for comfort and convenience.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Great location for our final destination"
Room was as expected and was clean and comfortable. Had a fridge, but would also have liked a microwave. Bathroom could have used a little maintenance around fixtures and the tile grout was a little grungy. Breakfast was average and provided everything you would want for a 'free' service. Impressed at the lack of noise considering it is located next to a 6 lane interstate. Would definitely visit this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2013
"College Trip"
Overall stay is also excellent. However, we didn't stay there the third time due to cost factor. Everyone who works there is always nice and friendly. The breakfast is always great. Great people!
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"Nice place for the $$"
Now a non-smoking hotel. When we got to our room, smelled really bad of cigarette smoke. Went back to front desk and they changed us out. Really nice and apologetic. Room was a little small, but OK for wht we needed. Staff loaned us water wings for our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter at no charge and she was thrilled. Pool area was clean and the spa was nice and hot. Breakfast was typical, would be nice to have something hot besides waffles.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"In the middle of town"
The guy at the desk when we got there was not very courteous to my husband when he checked in. There was mold on the bath tub and the handyman that came to check on it said it was in the caulking (but it was actually bleeding through it) and just covered it with new caulking. They advertized a free breakfast but if you weren't there within the first hour there was nothing left and they didn't refill anything for those that were late. There were only about 8 tables in the breakfast room so if you DID get any food you had to take it back to your room. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. For it being a Marriott it was NOT up to their standards and they should take their name off of it!
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
danille
we were assigned a room for disabled people therefore the closets were not equipped for a taller person. THe light over the bathroom sink did not work and this made it hard to get ready in the morning. The continental breakfast did not start until 7a.m. on Saturday and we had to leave at 6:45am so I was disappointed that I was not allowed to grab a snack before hitting the road.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Nice hotel near where we needed to be."
Very good! The front desk was excellent even though we were being checked in by a trainee (who was very friendly and seemed to be picking up things quickly). We were early so they checked us in and gave us our key so we could come in later after we ate. Upon finding out we were on a very expensive motorcycle, the manager insisted I park it under the entrance canopy so it would be safe for the evening. I wish the breakfast buffet opened at 6:30 a.m. like on weekdays, but 7:00a was fair for the weekend but didn't work with our schedule. The only negative thing both my wife and I commented about was that the bath towels were very thin and cheap feeling. Other than that, it was a perfectly acceptable hotel . . . what we'd expect from a Fairfield Marriott.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"Great staff"
We arrived from South Dakota 2 hours before check in time. The lady at the front desk went out of her way to see if the room was made and cleaned so we coul check in early. She could have turned us away and made us wait, but she didn't. I was very thankful for that!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
"bad to have freeway next to it"
Bad nigth cause feeway never go again
2 night business trip Apr 26, 2013
lucas
"Great family stay!"
We choose this to be our go to hotel when we drive down to see family a couple times a year. It is affordable, clean, great atmosphere and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have even stayed 5 days after having rotator cuff surgery and was very comfortable In our room. The pool is great for younger kids since it doesn't quite hit 5ft, the cousins love to come swimming! The breakfast does have a nice variety and the front desk is awesome to recommend late night delivery food since it has been so long since we have lived in the area. Tons of food choices literally walking distance and our room has always had a fridge which is great to help keep food costs down!
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2013
Liz B
"good place"
The staff is so nice and the breakfast lady puts the st George Fairfield complete shame. I just hate to be in a shower and see black mold.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Bell
it was convenient for what we needed for those few nights.
3 night trip Jan 14, 2013
traveler
"Very quite in the winter"
The Fairfield is close to a mall and lots of restaurants. It is not close to any of the ski resorts, so in the winter there are not a lot of people in the hotel. This was fine for me as it was close to where I spent most of my time. They worked hard at keeping the parking lot clear and even help with cleaning the snow off a car. At breakfast if an item was out they would try to get more and kept the food out even after the breakfast time was up. A very well run hotel with improvements to be made this year.
7 night trip Dec 24, 2012
David L
Very good stay. Nice, comfortable room. Nothing fancy but just what our family needs. Good breakfast.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"Fairfield Stay"
I have spent the night at Fairfield Inns before so I guess my expectations were high. The price of the hotel was more than most in the area but the room was quite dated and personally, not up to standards had I been traveling with my family. Please update your hotel to be competitive with modern day necessities. Customer service was outstanding!
1 night trip Nov 13, 2012
"Slept like a baby"
Very nice stay. Doing it again next month.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2012
I loved my stay and would do it again :)
3 night trip Oct 15, 2012
Jayson
"Great to do business with"
We enjoyed our stay. We especially appreciated being able to check in early when we got to Layton. That helped out so much!! The staff was friendly. The bed was very comfortable & the different settings on the shower were fabulous. The only downside was no fridge in the room. That should just be mandatory for every room. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay & thought the price was very good.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2012
"awesome new beds"
loved the new mattress, (temporpedic) very clean room, friendly staff, wish i would have had more time to enjoy the pool.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2012
disney mom
"Almost there but worth a repeat."
The staff at the hotel is excellent and definitely is all about customer service. The room was in good shape but could use some updating, especially considering that Fairfield is in the mid to upper echolon of hotels. The towels were old and thin, definitely needing an upgrade. But the overall location, staff, and bed make this a hotel to remember.
Business trip Sep 30, 2012
"Don't expect a warm reception at 2am."
My husband and I came in with our 2.5 year old at about 1am. We'd been driving for the last 15 hours, my husband in a moving van and me with our son. When I tried to check in, the night clerk was having problems booking our room (I'd requested a 3rd floor, 2 queen bed room, and they tried to book us in a king room but the computer was saying it was "Occupied"). It took her several minutes to readjust the booking. Meanwhile, we were trying to keep our son from wandering down the halls of the hotel. He was tired and cranky and did what all 2 year olds do... start to wail. Instead of apologizing for the delay and attempting to speed up, the clerk told us "You're going to have to keep him quiet. We've got a full house tonight." The only thing that kept us from going off on her was our own sheer exhaustion. She also forgot to program our cards so when we did get up to our room, they wouldn't work. When I brought the cards back down to tell her they didn't work, she said "Are you sure? Did you try them?" I couldn't prevent glaring at her with a "yes, I tried them, stop arguing with me and fix them" look. We didn't have much interaction with the rest of the staff, some did say "Good morning" to us, but that was all we really saw of them. The hotel itself is very convenient to restaurants and shopping, but the side facing the interstate has a lot of traffic noise.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2012
Jen
Everything was perfect --- except the beds. The mattresses were broken down. They appeared to have never been turned, rotated, or whatever. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 8, 2012
"A good night's sleep"
Hotel is clean, quiet and was exactly what my wife and I were hoping for the night before a 100 mile mountain run.Breakfast (included) was about as good as you can ask for. Cannot think of anything negative to say!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2012