All hotels in Layton, Utah, United States of America
1740 Heritage Prk Blvd, Layton, UT, 84041, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Everything was perfect --- except the beds. The mattresses were broken down. They appeared to have never been turned, rotated, or whatever. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 8, 2012
"A good night's sleep"
Hotel is clean, quiet and was exactly what my wife and I were hoping for the night before a 100 mile mountain run.Breakfast (included) was about as good as you can ask for. Cannot think of anything negative to say!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2012
"good"
Clean and friendly. Nothing too exceptional but the price was right.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
D&T
"Very plesant!"
If traveling in Layton again, would most certainly use the Fairfield again!
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
Natalie
"EXCELLENT!!"
We stayed here while attending a car show at Lagoon. It was very convenient--a short 10 minute drive to the park and lots of dining options available withing walking distance or a short drive. The hotel was very clean and the staff people were very friendly--especially the girl who was handling the duties in the breakfast area. The free breakfast is about like you would expect--cereal, waffles, fruit, donuts, coffee, juice, milk, etc. but they were wells stocked and had a good variety of everything. The only complaint we had was that the hot tub was waaaay too hot and the jets stopped working but that was a minor issue and I am sure one that will get fixed quickly.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
Pirateyanna
Would book their again
1 night trip Aug 31, 2012
"Great service, comfy beds, clean hotel"
Pros: comfy beds & pillows, great customer service (the GM looked up vintage toy stores on the computer and brought us a print out to our room), clean, quiet, AC works really well. Breakfast was ok - waffles good but only one machine and took a fair amount of patience with all the kids enjoying them. Cons: elevator went out on our last day. Bathroom counter space is really limited. With 2 adults and 2 kids, it was interesting! AC works really well. (It isn't central AC so it was on or off. Hard to regulate. Kept us icy cold or too warm.) Would have liked a meat choice with the breakfast - bacon strip or sausage.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2012
Joyce
"lagoon"
o k
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2012
"Smelly room, poor service"
Our nonsmoking room smelled strongly of smoke, and the carpet was slimy throughout, as if with too much cleaner. One day we returned back to find one bed unmade with a xeroxed handwritten note that Marriott's policy is not to move guest items--referring to my daughter's t-shirt on the bed, evidently. Otherwise, the hotel was OK and the location convenient for our needs.
4 night trip Aug 8, 2012
"Location"
It took around 45 minutes to check us in. We waited lobby while other people checked in. Not sure what the hold up was. Another complaint: The front doors are not automatic which is a real problem trying to open doors while juggling luggage. Good location.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012

"layton"
the hotel was under renovations and was in poor condition from the time we checked in until we left!
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Salt Lake City Layton
Ron, We do apologize for the inconveniences experienced during our hotel renovations. We know that there is never a good time to complete a hotel renovation and thank you for staying with us. This renovation is just about complete and will offer the very highest hotel amenities offered in the Fairfield Brand. Currently we have finished our new beautiful Lobby and breakfast area, have added an amazing fitness center and have remodeled our pool area. With these new upgrades, it is our hope that our current and future guests will enjoy each of them as they visit our hotel. It would mean a great deal to us to earn your business Ron. We would love to offer a discounted rate for you and your family the next time your in the area. Kindest regards, David Hiatt
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Ron
"Reasonable, but not spectacular."
We stayed here while visiting family in the Davis County area for Thanksgiving. The heater was noisy and made the room quite dry. Luckily we were able to borrow a humidifier from family. The breakfast was as expected, however, the fridge was completely full of only skim milk and even that was frozen. There are double doors at the main entrance, neither of which are automatic, which made getting luggage and baby strollers in and out of the hotel difficult. There was no made service on the holiday, which is fine, but I wish someone would have told us at Check-in. Additionally, I gave them my Marriott Rewards number and they said they associated my stay with my card but no nights have appeared on my account yet. As always though, the staff was friendly, the water pressure was good and the hotel was in decent shape. The waffles are a favorite of mine and make the continental breakfast seem that much better.
5 night family trip Nov 25, 2013
"Walking distance to several good restaurants."
The hotel is situated in an area of shopping and good restaurants. Many are a short walk from the hotel. I will make the Fairfield Inn at Layton a regular stop when travelling to the Salt Lake City area.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2012
Roger

"Sehr gutes Hotel"
Wie schon andere beschrieben haben , ist der einzige Nachteil , dass man nachts das Fenster nicht geöffnet lassen kann , da der Interstate zu laut ist . Alles andere ist gut , zum Essen kann man zu Fuss gehen .
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
DE
"Parfai pour ne pas dormir à cause du bruit"
Négatif du fait du bruit incessant de l'autoroute passant à coté de l'hôtel, d'une salle de bain succincte (pas de possibilité de poser ses vêtement ou sa trousse de toilette) et d'une salle de petit déjeuner trop petite pour le nombre de chambres
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
2 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Gig
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2013
Kevin L.
"great location-room temp control needs updating"
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
Fran

TripAdvisor reviews for Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton

"Mixed Bag"
07/29/15 MKroehler Saint Augustine, FL
Was here for a week on business, doing consulting work in Riverdale. Room 201. Pros: -Conveniently located in relation to I-15, with plenty of dining choices nearby. -Parking was no issue. -Very welcoming staff. Put me in a room furthest from I-15 without my asking. -Large Breakfast area. -Spacious room. -Stable/consistent Wi-Fi. -Speakman showerhead. (Love 'em). Cons: -Noisy Fridge. -Bathroom has screws in wall holding tile in place (probably a recent remodel). -Minimal door gaskets and threshold (lets in hall noise and light) -Breakfast selection somewhat limited and identical every day -Breakfast lady obnoxiously friendly. -Coffee vending area needs to be revisited -Thin walls. You can hear conversations in the next room clear as day. I actually heard the guy next door yawn one night. -Thin floors. Footsteps come through loud and clear.
"Excellent service!"
07/13/15 dglover007 Macon, Georgia
Very friendly! Love this place! Even gave me a complimentary upgrade! The room was fantastic! Will always come here when I come back to Hill AFB. Great location too! Lots of great restraints really close by. Just a great place to stay when in Layton.
"great place for business stay"
06/26/15 happysmoke Richmond, Virginia
had a last minute business trip and this was the closest place to stay. Very welcoming when I got there, very nice. Room was great. bed was very comfortable especially after flying cross country. desk was comfortable to work on with a view of the mountains. could not hear the traffic on the interstate that was just outside. cracker barrel is across the parking lot. shopping and many places to eat are close. Antelope State park is a short drive down Antelope Drive. would definitely stay there again
"Restful Stop on Long Trip"
06/19/15 Marlord Des Moines, Iowa
The Layton Fairfield Inn provided a good and much-needed rest on a long road trip. Although we checked in late, we were were warmly greeted and quickly were able to settle in for the night. Like all of the properties we stayed at during our extended travel, the hotel looked newly renovated. I remember the nice, but plain, decor of the mid-range hotels like Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn of the '90s, and the brighter colors, better designed common areas, and better room amenities of this modern Fairfield Inn was a welcome change. Overall, my stay was nice. Nothing stood out as being either good or bad, which made for a very good, but not exciting visit.
"Excellent manager and assistant"
06/04/15 Retiredat62 Lexington, Kentucky
Very nice location. Easy access from interstate. Clean, beds very comfortable. Special thanks to manager Crystal and assistant Nicki for their excellent customer service. Would definitely stay again if in the area.
"What a difference"
05/19/15 PTInstructor Rio Rancho, New Mexico
We stayed here 2 years ago. They were in the process of remodeling. Was not a good experience. So last year we did not revisit the property. However, this year, after reading reviews on this site, we decided to try this motel again. They did a wonderful job with the remodeling. It is now a great place to stay. Clean and comfortable. New furnishings, though not fancy, are surprisingly efficient. We like them. Good lighting (unlike most motels these days) and lots of plugs for your electronics. Microwave and refrigerator. Apparently they purchased new linens. Wonderful sheets and fluffy towels. This Fairfield Inn is an excellent value. Lots of good "walking distance" restaurants. And close to a mall and large cinema. We now highly recommend this property.
"Hotel Renos Look Great, but they lost my booking again and they lied about room payment…”"
05/01/15 Alpiglet
My family and I, recently stayed in room 303 of the Marriot Fairfield Inn in Layton, Utah on Dec 2014. And due to my previous experiences having found bedbugs in a newer hotel a few years back, I routinely try and perform a very thorough check for room cleanliness and evidence of bedbugs before staying in any room. The bedbug search procedures I try to follow were recommended from my workplace by watching YouTube videos on Molecular Biologist David Cain, and the following review is how I rated this hotel room after my searching: On a cleanliness scale, I rate this room a 7/10, and I give it a “low-to-medium” bedbug risk rating because the area between behind the mattress and wall was dirty, and because I had to change some sheets because of stains. Overall, I think the renovations were excellent compared to my last stay at the hotel in Layton, Utah, and I like the location of this hotel. Pros: -Bed bug checks turned up negative -Rooms were a decently renovated -Great value -Breakfast was good Cons: -They lost my reservation again! Disorganized front desk! -Front desk lied about payment… Front desk guy said he was going to give me a room free of charge because on the inconvenience of losing my reservation. Two weeks later the points were taken out of account. (no surprise!) -Area between mattress and wall was dirty, and has a low-to-moderate potential to harbor bed bugs. My overall opinion: Good value and location… I went in with low expectations and was overall okay with the stay. My next time I’m in town, I’m planning check out the Townplace Inn to see if there was any improvements. Overall, good stay…
"Very good value for your money."
04/16/15 Tina R
I tagged along on a business trip with my husband due to the weather (unexpected snow) I had to spend a couple of days cooped up in the hotel. Luckily this was not a problem as I had a clean and comfortable room with free wifi (caught up on some CE I needed to do), a work out room and a pool all at my disposal. The staff are brilliant from the front desk to the maintenance people and the breakfast ladies. Everyone we interacted with were very helpful and pleasant. The free breakfast was plentiful with a decent assortment of breads, cereal, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurts etc.
"Better than the court yard by Marriott"
03/27/15 Denise W
We just left the Court Yard by Marriott to come here... SO Much better and very happy. Fairfield is very clean. Linens and towels all smelled clean which is important. And the toilet works!, We had free coffee, tea and continental breakfast. If we ever return to Layton, Utah, we will stay here. Thanks Fairfield ...
"Average Hotel"
02/21/15 JCB0812 Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
I visited this hotel two weeks ago on business and I'll only return if I have no other choice. It is an average hotel, with clean rooms and an average breakfast. One of the good things about this hotel is its location. It has easy access to the freeway, close to many restaurants, shops, a mall, and movie theatre. There are a lot of hotels in that area to choose from. When I pulled into the hotel parking lot, there were only 5 or 6 cars so I expected there to be a lot of open rooms. I asked for a room away from the freeway noise. I got a room near the freeway and directly across from the ice machine on the first floor. This has to be the worst room in the entire hotel. Every morning at 5:45, someone runs the ice machine. A LOT. Every morning I was awoken by the sound of that ice machine. I take on some of the blame for this since I didn't ask to move, but once I get settled I don't want to repack. There were too many open rooms to get stuck with this one. If you stay here, ask for room away from the freeway and no where near the ice machines.