All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here720 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not worth it and expect to pay $12 for parking"
Hotel was fine, What was not stated and just charged to my card was a $12 parking fee. There was other hotels near by nicer for that same difference. The parking fee only covered the night and expired the next morning so we couldn't uses it while exploring Anchorage. If I had known I would have stayed elsewhere. Parking is a pain just like anywhere down town. Our stay was short enough parking would have been cheaper to pay by the hour.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Matthew
"Clean noisy hotel"
Coffee in room was poor. Street traffic noise was very load.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Nice location!!"
We love staying at the Westmark. It's in walking distance to slot of great entertainment & it was first Friday art walk!!
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
Darcie
"stay"
Liked it was walking distance to everything
1 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Anne
"ok hotel"
business. ok hotel. no fridge or microwave. Had to pay for parking
2 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Angela
"No Fridge or Microwave but Pleasant"
Very inconvenient to have to pay for parking. When traveling would be convenient to have a fridge and microwave. the restaurant in the hotel is a plus with good food.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
Angela
"Noisy & Parking Fee"
I have to say the $12 parking fee shocked me. I guess I should have looked at the website a little closer when booking. That being said, when I'm spending $100+ on a room I expect parking to be included, even in an area with limited parking. I've stayed at other hotels downtown and have never been charged for parking. Also - the person checking us in was not very clear about where we could park. It was a bit of a headache trying to understand what she was saying. The room was clean. However the sliding door to the balcony didn't close all the way. I only discovered this in the evening when I was wondering why the street noise was so loud. Even if it had closed all the way, I believe the noise level still would have been excessive in the room. This hotel was far noisier than the others I've stayed at downtown. I did like the hotel's proximity to bars, restaurants & shopping. Unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives so I'll be staying elsewhere next time I'm in Anchorage.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Downtown vacation"
Had a nice comfortable getaway. It was also good to be nearby good eateries and the mall.
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Micah
"Good accommodations,a Good price."
In the past I've stayed at the westmark regularly. I've always enjoyed my stay. I like the location, the accommodations and the restaurant.
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
"Lumpy mattresss"
I stayed at the westmark last week and I wasn't very impressed. The cost for over night parking was disappointing,but the mattresss in my room was terrible it felt like it was ten years old you could visually see it sloped to one side. The staff was great but I will stay some where else next time.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Saturday Night at Fur Rondy"
I was a vendor at the Rock and Gem Show for Fur Rondy. I stayed at the WestMark that night and had a room facing the fire works. The staff was friendly and the Restraunt was on the ground floor so I did not have to go outside after dark by myself. The parking was convenient but expensive.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
cynthia
"Downtown Getaway"
Our stay was nice but this hotel has continually gone downhill over the past few years. There is NO soap in the sink area so you had to go into the bath to get body wash out of the despenser to have soap.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Jeffrey
There were four of us participating in the Academic Decathlon at the Hilton Hotel. Easy walking distance to all of downtown. Staff eager to help. Always felt safe, but Anchorage is a safe city unless you're stupid. $15-22 to and from airport. Reasonably priced food in dining room and willing to work with special needs food.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Jetlag
"GREAT STAY"
WAS PLEAURE STAY, ROOM WAS CLEAN. NO LOUD NEIGHBORS. GOOD PRICE
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
EFFIE LYNN
"Would stay here again"
Nice large room. plenty of space. In a busy area, street noise, but did get quiet after buses and crowds left. Nice restaurant, could have more breakfast choices. Close to everything, can walk and always be close to food, shopping, etc. Would stay here again. Oh and parking was only $12 and at the hotel, and patrolled by hotel employees. Better than the Marriott
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"excellent"
excellent
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
John I
"Perfect for the price!"
It's not the Sheraton, but I enjoyed it a lot more. Friendly conversational staff, everything was clean. I loved having a balcony. The food we got with room service was awesome. They have a small parking lot, but you can get a 24hr pass from the front desk to use in their overflow lot, which doubles as a public pay to park. It was a great experience, I would go back any time :)
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Allyssa
older hotel undergoing some renovations on 3 floors
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
We were in for a short weekend, and the room was fantastic, lovely view, quiet rooms on a weekend and excellent front desk service.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"I won't be back"
Restaurant downstairs is overpriced. I paid 15 for a French dip and still tipped 5 dollars. Paid for parking but there was no room and ended up getting a parking ticket. Rooms are really mediocre. I used to enjoy staying here but I won't be there again. I was looking for a lux weekend in and ended up paying extra in for things that are free at other hotels... I could have stayed at a better hotel for a few bucks more and still would have paid the same price. You could say I was definitely unstatisfied.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"Birthday weekend"
My family enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Westmark Downtown Anchorage. The staff were incredibly pleasant, we received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room with a gorgeous view of Cook Inlet and amazing sunsets each night. While downtown Anchorage can be a bit loud, our family enjoyed the convenient location and will definitely come back again. Our son loved the fireplace in the lobby and the Solstice Cafe was delicious for breakfast.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great place!"
Enjoyed our stay here. Perfect area in downtown. Lacks in parking next to building. The bed was comfortable and room appeared clean. I would stay here again. Great restaurant next door that is a local favorite. This is an older hotel but its been nicely upkept. Staff was great and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Holley
"Great option for the price."
Not fancy, but very adequate for our needs. Loved being right downtown. Only challenge was parking.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Great hotel, great location in downtown Anchorage. Walking distance to everything downtown.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
Meghan
"Will stay here again"
We stayed a week for medical purposes and it the perfect hotel for our needs. Downtown location made it easy access to everything. Good service. Restaurant in hotel not too good but many nearby.
5 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Ronald
Always stay there when we travel to Anchorage. Located Downtown in the center of everything
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Staff were very friendly & helpful"
Renovation underway caused lots of banging from 8am to 9pm for a couple days of our 8 day stay. Offered us an upgrade to a quieter room but we chose to put up with noise rather than move all our stuff. Were given a parking pass but didn't find out until half way through stay it cost $12 a day to park. Thought it was free parking. Good room temperature control which is unusual for a hotel.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Ronald
Too expensive for what you offer...no airport shuttle...disappointed but the staff was great!
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Local stay"
This was a just get away from the house as we live in the city. Room was clean, bed comfortable, staff friendly, and overall hotel was nice. Smallest hotel bathroom have ever seen, had to pay $12.00 for parking to use their lot. Had breakfast in hotel restaurant and was very inexpensive but the food and service was outstanding. Hotel needs updates but was very clean. Would stay again but would look at other hotels first as first hotel to have to pay for parking in Alaska and have stayed at at least 10-12 while living here.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Kenneth
"Parents night away"
We ate at the restaurant in the hotel, it was very nice.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Find somewhere else to stay"
Must pay for parking regardless of hotel rate. Interesting crowd of people staying at this hotel. Room is out dated with bad lighting, no amenties. Was awaken several times in night due to drunk people being escorted out shouting the whole way. Then awoken again early am due to construction all before 6am. When leaving hotel room was greeted by management in elevator asking how stay was but when we explained it was not great no one seemed to care or want to change anything about our experience. Again at checkout desk asked how was our stay and when we said not great maybe they should comp us parking told to confirm my credit card, all business. For being in a service oriented hotel business not one single person actually cared about our stay. Why bother asking if they don't care to hear the answer.
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
"Improviment"
It could be better if there were good communication as the guest arrive at the hotel. There were miss information on parking. We were charged $12 for parking without I firmation. When we went to check out it was when the front desk customer service informed us. We felt disrespected and takes an advantage of the situation. Anyway, I hope the manegment correct this issue.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
eagle
"Very nice hotel in the heart of Anchorage!"
Our check-in was very quickly done, and the desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and well-appointed. Quiet, clean and comfortable overall, and within easy walking distance of the downtown area.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Chuck
"improvements needed"
The towel bar in the bathroom fell off twice. We booked a room for two double beds and they put us in a single kings room. When they rebooked our room they put us on a floor that was apparently being painted and it smelled like paint fumes in the hallway. parking was 12 dollars a day and for that price I would expect valet service. The Lady who checked us in when we got there after our 7 hour drive was cold and seemed uncaring of our needs. They don't have a small shop on the first floor that most hotels would usually have in case you forget things like toiletries and the closest place is nearly 4 blocks away. I was disappointed because the price of the stay was close in comparison to other hotels in the same area, we could have had a more pleasant two night stay somewhere else close by.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
had a great stay during an otherwise bad time to be outside - cold, dense fog, and icy for December. Room was great and location was great being right downtown.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
n
"Nice hotel close to good resturants and downtown"
Nice staff made my stay real nice They were very accommodating. Just no problems at all very easy stay.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Hotel needs some work."
Needs updating of the entire facility. Shower pressure was poor. Hardly enough pressure to wash the soap off. I was on the 7th floor and there was considerable road noise from the street below. Staff was pleasant and helpfull. Food in the restaurant was okay and convenient.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great downtown stay!"
Enjoyed another night at the downtown Anchorage Westmark. This is an older hotel and have stayed in rooms that were a bit outdated feeling in the past, although this time we stayed on the 12th floor that had been recently updated with nice decor and linens. The staff here is always friendly and the Soltice bar and restaurant is convenient, affordable and the food is good. We will return!
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Won't stay again"
The room was nice, but we paid for the room with the balcony but were told at check in that there would be a hefty fine for smoking outside the room on the balcony. We had to pay for parking in the hotel parking lot. The food was not very good. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice but small.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"No big issues."
The heater was noisy and the parking pricey. No issues otherwise. I like the bulk soap and shampoo dispensers that they installed- much easier to use and more environmentally friendly.
3 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Could find something better for same price"
Experience was acceptable. Staff seemed uninterested and a bit rude. Nevertheless room was clean and nice but a little extra shopping around and could have gotten something fancier for the same price.
Nelson
"Simple nice place"
Not bad hotel in downtown close to excellent restraunts. Hotel employees were really friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"Great View!"
Stayed for Halloween night and we had a great time; friendly staff, great view, and perfect location.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Safety first at this Hotel..."
I love the West mark hotel downtown Anchorage!! Location perfect!! Hospitality genuine!! Clean!! Friendly!! Helpful..everything within walking distance!! I always stay at this Hotel...
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
Kay
"Educator"
Beds are hard for me.
4 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Location"
I like the location of the place, walking distance to where my meetings are and easily accessible to other attractions downtown.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Cooley
"Good deal to be downtown"
The hotel is older, and smells as such. But it was clean and all of the staff were very friendly! The beds are full size beds, not queens. If you're bigger than average size I wouldn't try to fit 2 people to a bed.. This is a great hotel if you want to be downtown in the middle of things- Glacier Brewhouse and Orso across the street, a couple blocks to the 5th Avenue Mall and Snow City Cafe, and plenty of bars.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
"5 AM delivery trucks"
Woke up at 5 AM by three Linden freight send my van trailers being delivered to building next door back up alarms from 5 AM until 645 had to go home to get any rest hotel room sucked set up for handicapped extremely uncomfortable. Will not be staying at this hotel again. Nothing personal just back experience.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Very Good"
The person checking me into the hotel I believe his name was Tony. Tony was fast and efficient very friendly and helpful. Excellent customer service. Person helping with bags was also very nice. The room was a bit run down but the bed was comfortable. Great location.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Robbie
"Beautiful view"
Great view nice room comfy bed. I really enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014