All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
720 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great downtown stay!"
Enjoyed another night at the downtown Anchorage Westmark. This is an older hotel and have stayed in rooms that were a bit outdated feeling in the past, although this time we stayed on the 12th floor that had been recently updated with nice decor and linens. The staff here is always friendly and the Soltice bar and restaurant is convenient, affordable and the food is good. We will return!
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Won't stay again"
The room was nice, but we paid for the room with the balcony but were told at check in that there would be a hefty fine for smoking outside the room on the balcony. We had to pay for parking in the hotel parking lot. The food was not very good. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice but small.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"No big issues."
The heater was noisy and the parking pricey. No issues otherwise. I like the bulk soap and shampoo dispensers that they installed- much easier to use and more environmentally friendly.
3 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Could find something better for same price"
Experience was acceptable. Staff seemed uninterested and a bit rude. Nevertheless room was clean and nice but a little extra shopping around and could have gotten something fancier for the same price.
Nelson
"Simple nice place"
Not bad hotel in downtown close to excellent restraunts. Hotel employees were really friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"Great View!"
Stayed for Halloween night and we had a great time; friendly staff, great view, and perfect location.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Safety first at this Hotel..."
I love the West mark hotel downtown Anchorage!! Location perfect!! Hospitality genuine!! Clean!! Friendly!! Helpful..everything within walking distance!! I always stay at this Hotel...
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
Kay
"Educator"
Beds are hard for me.
4 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Location"
I like the location of the place, walking distance to where my meetings are and easily accessible to other attractions downtown.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Cooley
"Good deal to be downtown"
The hotel is older, and smells as such. But it was clean and all of the staff were very friendly! The beds are full size beds, not queens. If you're bigger than average size I wouldn't try to fit 2 people to a bed.. This is a great hotel if you want to be downtown in the middle of things- Glacier Brewhouse and Orso across the street, a couple blocks to the 5th Avenue Mall and Snow City Cafe, and plenty of bars.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
"5 AM delivery trucks"
Woke up at 5 AM by three Linden freight send my van trailers being delivered to building next door back up alarms from 5 AM until 645 had to go home to get any rest hotel room sucked set up for handicapped extremely uncomfortable. Will not be staying at this hotel again. Nothing personal just back experience.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Very Good"
The person checking me into the hotel I believe his name was Tony. Tony was fast and efficient very friendly and helpful. Excellent customer service. Person helping with bags was also very nice. The room was a bit run down but the bed was comfortable. Great location.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Robbie
"Beautiful view"
Great view nice room comfy bed. I really enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Pam
"Food Qualitty"
Compared to taste of food in the lower 48, the over all food taste was poor to fair. Many meals had to be returned.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
herb and sharon
"Very outdated"
I would not stay there again. The hotel is old and tired and has not been updated in a decade or more. There were unpleasant smells in the lobby, the rooms and in the restaurant. The service was fine.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
SLM
"Nice hotel in downtown Anchorage"
Good location, clean, comfortable and good price. Older building but full kitchen was a nice bonus.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Nice place for the price. Would probably stay there again.
2 night trip with friends May 21, 2014
Enjoyed sitting out on "lanai". Bed was comfortable. Dresser, small table were showings lots of wear. Maybe new or refinishing?
Other trip May 29, 2014
Marilyn
"GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE"
We arrived late into Anchorage and stayed at the Westmark. It was affordable and a decent place. no complaints
Other trip May 28, 2014
tom
I have never left a review for a hotel but this time around the service was horrible and the rooms were not clean. The front desk crew was rude and unwilling to work with us. Then they started to bash on the folks that live in fairbanks vs. anchorage. We were very uncomfortable with the whole situation.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Monica
"Very convenient location."
Best feature is location. Close to 4th and 5th Aves, which are prime shopping areas and civic center.
Other trip May 27, 2014
MWC
"great service!"
staff was wonderful, everyone had a can do attitude and a willingness to help. The location is good, walking distance to most things. They do not have shuttle service.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Happy Traveler
"Killer view...but"
THe view from my window was stunning. The bedding was dated and poor quality, I ran out of hot water during my shower.
1 night business trip May 12, 2014
"Holland America Cruise"
Hotel is owned by the Holland American Cruise Company. Stayed mid May. There's a lot of street noise in Anchorage, some can be heard in the hotel. Good stay, staff very helpful and accommodating.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Good value in the heart of Anchorage"
I was in Anchorage for 4 days on business. The Westmark is right in the heart of downtown only a few blocks from the convention center, shops, restaurants, etc. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and nice but not luxurious. The price is right at the Westmark!
4 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Exploring Alaska with our Son"
We chose WESTMARK because the location was the best between where my son lives and works. We were wonderfully surprised by the sincerity of the staff. The staff truly make the place a five star hotel. We were greeted by the entire front desk staff and the bell man every time we entered or departed. The open room with sun flowing through as well as the balcony view were bonuses. Dining and having a glass of wine in the dining/bar area were grand experiences. Vicki, the waitress/bartender is another great assess at WESTMARK. We came as strangers and left Alaska as friends to all we met at WESTMARK. WE love to walk and explore an area when we travel. Centrally located in the heart of Anchorage, Westmark was situated to the best sights as well as highways. We will return to Anchorage in the fall and we will again stay at the WESTMARK. There is no need to look for another place when we've found such a warm, welcoming, comfortable place. THANKS!!! Patty and Tom from MN
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Patty and Tom
"Bill"
Many things were bad about this stay! Upon arrival desk clerk looked like she had slept in her uniform and was slightly terse. Next we found out we had to pay for parking. The room had a bit of a mildew smell or stale tobacco. Upon departure we found even though we had used on street parking the night before we were still charged for parking. I would never stay here again and do not reccomended it to anyone.
3 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
"Hotel Stay"
I enjoyed the stay.
5 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Close to meetings and stores and parking was easy."
The staff was always helpful and room service was a plus.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
AT
"Not as nice a hotel as I was expecting.."
My wife and I stayed in Anchorage for several nights. While we were there we stayed at two different hotels - both served our needs but there was a big value difference between the two. The price was almost identical. Here is my summary: Westmark ANC Hotel, Expedia 3 star hotel/3.6 customer rating, Economy room, king bed - older hotel, decent size room, tiny bathroom, medium sink area, small flatscreen TV, refrigerator optional (was requested on Expedia but never provided or mentioned), doors/hallways noisy Dimond Center Hotel, Expedia 3 star hotel/4.4 customer ranking, King non-smoking room, king bed - newer hotel, large size room, large bathroom, medium sink area, large flatscreen TV, refrigerator standard but small, doors/hallways were quiet.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
J
"Great hotel for the price!"
For the price the hotel was excellent! Loved having the balcony and the staff is extremely friendly. They are renovating so ask for a room on 9, 10, or 11. The restaurant was excellent, good food, friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2014
"Transportation"
While on my stay at the Westmark I found the hotel to be satisfactory. The room was a bit small but I did not need much room. The thing I want to warn other customers about is transportation. I have come to expect any nice hotel to offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. When I called the Westmark for a shuttle I was informed they did not offer a free shuttle. The did give me the number of an independent shuttle service I could call and use. I did this and the pickup at the airport was only about 10 minutes. Not bad. The charge was $10.00. Guess the price of the room just went up. For my return to the airport I called the shuttle service three hours prior to the time I needed to leave and made a reservation for a pick up. At the appropriate time I went down to the lobby to wait for the shuttle. The front desk clerk told me he would double check with the shuttle service. After a quick phone call he told me they would be late and that that happened very often. I ended up taking a taxi to the airport. Cost was $20.00. If you decide to book a room at the Westmark plan on an extra fee of $20.00 to $40.00 dollars. Now if you are driving you may think your fine. Think again. If you take your own car to the Westmark you will pay $12.50 to park it. I will not be staying there again.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Danny
"Convienent location for mall"
Great staff very friendly- rooms are comfortable. Wifi worked excellent
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Nice place, traffic loud."
I enjoyed staying here. Be careful at night as I was approached by a stranger. I do no like to pay extra for parking!!!
4 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"Centrally located for all our adventures"
Everbody went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. Everything was clean, supplied with all our needs.
1 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2014
Diane wise
"Not ever again"
I booked a king suite when I checked in they didn't say anything about not having the room I paid for when I walked into the first room it had two small beds that they called double beds which looked like two twin sized beds. So I complained they acted like it was my fault so they put in what they called a double queen which looked like two full sized. I have a queen at home and those beds aren't queen. They said they would take some off the cost so I was like ok fine. Then I got the bill and they charged me for the king suite which I didn't stay in. I go to anchorage a lot and I won't be going here again
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"decent place to stay for not a lot of money right"
This building is very old, but has been renovated and kept nicely. The staff is well trained and friendly. I hadn't stayed there in about 8 years since last weekend. I was weathered out from flying home and stayed overnight. Due to a glitch in Expedia's write-up, the room did NOT have HBO, as requested on my expedia search, hotel staff were very apologetic, noted that they have tried to correct this listing in the past, and gave me a complementary dessert as apology.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Kate
Great staff. very friendly
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Noah
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The price and room quality for the downtown location was very reasonable.
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
"Not worth the price"
I paid a for a nice hotel (based on the chain) in a convenient location. However, I could have selected a hotel two blocks over, paid less and would have gotten complementary breakfast and inclusive parking. Also, the rooms weren't much fancier than other, more moderately priced hotels. I must say that the hotel service was excellent. The front desk staff was very courteous and the in-hotel restaurant staff was very nice even when came around closing time after our travels. So, if you're looking for good deal, I would recommend a different hotel.
2 night trip Mar 17, 2014
"Outstanding!"
We had to stay at the Westmark while a plumbing issue was taking care. We had spent a few nights at a "cheaper" hotel and had an awful experience (going to go to small claims court bad). Westmark was awesome from the minute we walked in the lobby. It snowed a couple of nights of our stay and when we went to the car the next morning they had brushed it off for us. Worth the little extra, you truly get what you pay for.
2 night trip Mar 12, 2014
A.D.
"beds were so uncomfortable"
Other than noisy hallways and hard beds where you could feel the spings digging into you it was good. The room was clean, people were polite
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
L
"nice view"
comfortable
2 night trip Mar 3, 2014
Westmark
wonderful front desk employees room spacious-convenient to activities concerned with the Iditarod
1 night trip Feb 25, 2014
"Good location if you are going to the PAC"
Hotel staff friendly, rooms nominal, few amenities,(microwave, fridge, poor TV reception). Charged $12.00 for parking. I have stayed here before and never paid for parking.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Craig
"Stayed here while visiting UAA"
This hotel is reasonably close to both the airport and the university in downtown Anchorage, allowing us to experience the flavor of the city during our visit.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Some great staff but management is crooked"
We had to stay an extra day. We were quoted a price by the front desk. After we made the deal, the manager called back twice to raise the price. My husband called corporate and corporate fixed it. All the staff was great. Some were outstanding. The chef who cooked weekday breakfast was skilled and pleasant.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
A
"In the heart of downtown Anchorage"
Great location, close to shopping and restaurants. Parking was sparse, but there was a large public lot behind the hotel, you just needed a new parking pass each day to avoid being ticketed. Friendly staff and clean room, however a bit outdated. New bedding would go a long ways to making this a GREAT hotel.
2 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
"ok"
The morning front desk people where so nice! The rooms were alright, beds where terrible unfortunately.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"They lie on the ad"
The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable but there is no mini fridge or microwave in your room or hotel. There are also no gas stations or grocery stores within walking distance. However the bus station is very close. Every room has a nice balcony. Very comfortable bed.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014