All hotels in Peabody, Massachusetts, United States of America
8A Centennial Drive, Peabody, MA, 01960, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Clean and comfortable"
Clean and comfortable
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
"Skimpy Breakfast"
Hotel is lovely, feel as if you are in someone's gracious home. Pool is wonderful, but the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Seems when food gets low, it stays that way. I know the early bird catches the worm, but this sould not be the policy in an above average priced hotel.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
dot
"Close to Endicott College"
Not pleased that I requested a room with two beds. Received a room with one king size bed and a below average sleeper sofa. Very uncomfortable!! Don't enjoy waking up with a sore back!
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Janice, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Expedia.com. It is feedback from our guests such as yourself that afford us the opportunity to build on our products and services. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your request for a room with two beds. I was happy to hear that we were able to get you in a room with a sleep sofa as an alternative, but unfortunately it did not provide you with a comfortable night's sleep. For that I am truly sorry. Janice I thank you again for your review, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again the future.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Janice
"Relaxing stay"
I went with my husband who had business meetings to attend. Asked for recomondations for where to go during the day and for dinner. They were very helpful with what I wanted to do and where to go for dinner.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"School visits"
Hotel is nice. In the middle do a business park but close to major roads. They have updated all the rooms and decor. Pool area still needs to be updated but nice.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
Visiting
"Nickled and Dimed"
This hotel is beautiful and clean but I walked away unhappy because we were nickled and dimed. We were two people, but in-room coffee was only one cup of regular, one cup of decaf. We ran out of towels when my wife used two total. And a bottle of Diet Coke at the little shop goes for a Disney World price.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"not worth more than $120 per night max"
The hotel is nice, the staff is very helpful, and the location is decent but it is all on the same level as hotels that go for $100 less per night. Nothing about this hotel stood out as premium and the rooms are actually smaller and less accommodating than what you get at say a comfort suits or days inn. CONS: Overpriced No microwave Very small fridge upon request only Outlets on only one side of bed Unable to change tv source Toilet stopped working after taking a shower AC unit froze and stopped so had to get a new room Internet did not work and had to go through this whole process over the phone Small rooms, especially for price Tv placement is awkwardly to the side of bed No hand soap Garbage not disposed PROS: Very nice staff Very prompt at helping with issues Very close to highway
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
"Stay here!!"
We were very happy with all things at the hotel. the staff was excellent. very pleasant and welcoming. It is a beautiful property and very well kept. All together a very satisfying stay.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
the McGintly Family
"Nice accommodations"
Hotel was nice. Pool and got tub were nice as well. Wish there was a fridge in our room.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nice hotel!"
Happy with the quality of the room and location. Would definitely stay there again. Price was very comparable to other area hotels.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great value!"
The hotel was very comfortable and pleasant. The rate was fantastic for this level of hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"Really too noisy"
Nice room, as always in Marriott, but we had a very bad experience there with a party that didn't let us sleep until 2 o'clock in the morning. The reception told us that they were going to solve the situation when we called, but after one hour nothing had changed. The noise was really unbearable.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice rooms bad location"
Beautiful hotel and very clean - I booked two double beds and upon arrival there was a woman arguing with them that she needed a room for the night - check in lady tells her she only has a king bed and pull out sofa left and the woman is flat out refusing it Next thing I know I got the king room and pull out sofa We made the best of ..... Got to the room and the toilet was clogged they did fix it right away though Went to the pool - there were no towels We went to the front desk and was told to call housekeeping - they should have down that not my 11 yr old daughter Started showers and realized we had one towel in the room We had to call twice to have the sofa bed made up This took over an hour Honestly it's a great looking hotel maybe they are just understaffed Location is not that great if u are looking for things to do it's not in a prime get away spot - everything is a half hour drive away at least I was disappointed
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Christine, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Boston Marriott Peabody. I am sorry to hear of some of the challenges you faced during your stay. I appreciate your candid feedback as it provides me training opportunities to follow up with our team here at the hotel. I completely agree with you that it is the hotel’s responsibility to ensure the towels were filled at the pool, and that the making up of the sofa bed should not have taken so long. There are some great take aways in your review and I will be following up with our housekeeping and front desk teams and their team leaders, to ensure that we do not repeat these experiences again. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon! Bob S.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Christine
"Not what I expect from a Marriott"
Staff was very pleasant and the room was clean. It was fairly run down, however, including a line of rust running down the entry door from a rusty hinge. Also, they had single-ply toilet paper! I was not staying at a motel 8 and did not pay motel 8 prices, so I expected more. Also, the reception area reeked strongly of chlorine from the pool area. I would not stay at this Marriott again.
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your most recent stay at the Boston Marriott Peabody. It is feedback from our guests such as you, that allow us to build on our products and services here at the Boston Marriott Peabody. I am glad to hear that overall you experienced good customer service and were in a clean room. I do want to apologize for some of the room condition and pool issues you reported. With our rooms being recently renovated, I can understand how the stain on the door can take away from the room experience. Also our pool is a salt water pool, however our hot tub is not. I have shared your feedback with our Engineering Manager for follow up on those two items. I have also shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Manager in regards to the toilet tissue. Thank you again for your time and feedback. It is a great tool for us to use when improving our products and services. If I can be of further assistance please let me know. My best, Bob S.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Nice hotel, great staff"
This is a very nice hotel just off the highway. We were visiting both Boston and Salem and this was a great location - that said there isn't much around it except corporations. There was one restaurant we tried, probably would have been better off staying at the hotel restaurant. Pool and hot tub were lovely. There was a high number of teenagers staying in the hotel during our trip (they were there for a championship game) and several of them were very loud in the middle of the night. Once it was apparent the noise was not going to subside I called the front desk and they dealt with it immediately (I think a parent chaperone got involved). I mention it not to sound like a grumpy old lady but to mention how quickly the hotel staff dealt with it. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others - so long as you know you will have to drive to anything you want to do.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Jen
My room door did not have a working dead bolt lock. When I complained to the front desk they sent the head of maintenance and security to see me. He explained that the hotel was in the process of replacing the locks but had run out of them. According to him the same was true for all the other rooms but I " shouldn't worry because only I and the manager can enter the rooms." Unfortunately that did not make me feel any more secure. I did not get any rest that night and was up listening to every noise. In the middle of the night I found my FIRST floor window unlocked therefore anyone could have entered the room while my granddaughter and I slept . When I complained to management in the morning I was offered a complimentary breakfast for my trouble ! You can imagine my response to that...
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Mariana
"Generic older North Shore hotel"
We were put into a handicapped room, with almost no closet space, crowded furniture and a weird shower. Asked to change room, but hotel was full and we could not. Only one coffee packet, weak water pressure, guest room doors looked commercial (plain painted metal with a steel kick panel at bottom), tired looking elevator foyers and maids hauling floor mopping equipment in the guest elevators. Not a great experience.
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Boston Marriott Peabody. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to move you to a more acceptable room when you arrived. I have followed up with our housekeeping and engineering teams regarding your concerns with the coffee and water pressure. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us to improve on our products and services. I thank you again for sharing your experience and hope to serve you again in the future. My best, Bob
"Very good"
Very good except for not finding our reservation when we arrived.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
Edward
"Easy access to highway"
Very enjoyable stay, hotel admin extremely helpful and pleasant.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
G Chambers
the room was great. the only thing was a hint of cigarette smoke but I'm not sure if the room is near a smoking room or if someone disobeyed the no-smoking room sign. Its not something I usually blame the hotel for.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Salem Mass."
Great accommodations close to Salem and Boston. It was a lovely visit.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
marissa
Nice hotel Bed & pillows uncomfortable Staff very helpful
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Carman
"Decent hotel near Salem, MA"
The location was close to the town we were exploring and had ample parking. I would recommend that the hotel check their air conditioners which are extremely loud and creak. This can interrupt sleep for most people.
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Dear Munni, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Boston Marriott Peabody. I have forwarded your comment sregarding the air conditioning unit in your guest room to our Engineering Manager for follow up, and have asked Housekeeping as well to help with follow up in identifying rooms that need attention prior to our guest’s arrival. Thank you again for your business, your review, and your time writing the review. We hope to serve you again soon! My best, Bob S.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Munni
Clean. Inexpensive. Good room. It was nice after coming from a crappy room.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Quick Business Stay"
The hotel has all the amenities to address a quick business stay. It is near many restaurants. It was clean and the staff were very helpful.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Alireza
"Mrs Z."
The hotel was extremely clean my room was well kept and my son enjoyed the clean indoor pool
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"College tours in Boston"
It was a nice quiet stay in area between Salem and Boston.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
TLO
"Quiet but some issues"
Quiet part of Peabody, near what seems like corportate park. Very quiet. The deadlock on our door didn't work. (Rm 509). No coffee maker in the room, we were shocked. The heater was very loud.
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Based on your review, I am pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable experience with us, and am glad that we were your chosen place to stay while visiting the Peabody area. Your feedback is extremely valuable as we complete our guest room renovation. Our goal with the coffee makers, were to minimize the excess space taken up by them and store them in the cabinet under the TV. Since your review we are in the process of moving the coffee maker to a more visible location yet still trying to accomplish our original goal of maximizing space in the guest room. To address the concerns with the dead bolt I am extremely sorry to hear that the privacy switch did not engage. I want to assure you that your safety was not at risk during your stay. Our deadbolts do engage automatically. The switch at the bottom is an additional measure that can be taken in addition to the night latch at the top of the lock for privacy from our housekeeping team. I have had this issue addressed also. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward tos serving you again in the future! My best, Bob
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Not coming back"
Rowdy clientele, generic bland food, no hot water in sink, noisy air conditioner, what more would you expect?
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Jubilado
"Perfectly Situated"
The Hotel staff was very polite and helpful.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
Tobi
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Great experience! Pleasant staff, clean comfortable accommodations and delicious meals. I take my grandchildren every year during school vacation for a min vacation. They had a wonderful time!
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
Donuts
"Perfect location"
Wonderful service. Very clean and comfortable room.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2013
Rebecca Gray Kochovos
"Close to exceptional shopping"
While we checked in at 4pm we were out to shop by 5pm, returning at 10pm so you can imagine we were not in residence very long. We did enjoy and appreciate the late checkout of 12N. I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
sandy
Our stay was very nice. We visited Salem and our hotel stay was very nice.
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2013
quickest check in and check out of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Front desk staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant. Only complaint is minor. I couldn't get a bottle of soda that wasn't Pepsi. I understand that Pepsi is their vendor but no choices were available either in the store or the machine. It was Pepsi or water, no root beer or orange soda. A little strange.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Getaway"
Hotel was great.
4 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2013
Cathy
"Great hotel and staff"
Took a trip in to celebrate Halloween in Salem. We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room was good. I think it would be slightly better if you could provide refrigerators and microwaves. Aside from that everything was very nice.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
Nicholas
Hallways and room were cold during my visit on 10/26/13.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
The hotel staff was nice, clean hotel
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Excellent hotel. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. They even brought a microwave to our room so we could heat meal we brought in from outside. It was near the subway, so we were able to catch in to Boston.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Ann
"Out for a wedding"
I found the hotel physical lay out unusual. Got used to it after while.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Irv
Perfect
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Nice alternative to staying in Salem"
The hotel was very nice and only about a 10 minute drive to Salem. Our only complaint was that we called ahead about checking in and were told we would be able to check in by 3 instead of 4. When we arrived, only one of our rooms was ready and our room wasn't ready until almost 4:30. Also, we were not told at check in about the additional hold on our debit card for incidentals. It wasn't so much an issue, but we should have been told and explained the process, other than that, we were very happy with our room, the service and the convenience. If you can't find accommodations IN Salem, this is a great choice!
2 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
"Had a great time!"
The room was great. The restaurant in the hotel was pricey but all in all great experience.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Dani
"Visiting Salem Oct 2013"
The hotel and staff were great and helpful. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. It was a short ride into Salem.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Mimi
"Nice Accommodations but Disappointing Service"
While the room itself was comfortable, there was an issue with our toilet. It kept running very loudly after flushing, and, at one point, it overflowed all over the floor. While the maintenance person came quickly, it was not a very nice experience for a family on vacation. We had to clean up the floor, as well, and the dirty towels were left on the floor by the maintenance person. The pool, while well-chlorinated, was not particularly clean. The tiles were slimy. Finally, the worst experience was while checking in. I very clearly asked if I could put all of the hotel charges on a card other than the one I had used to make the reservation. The person at the desk assured me this would be no problem. The next morning, I awoke to a text from my bank. Apparently, the hotel co had been withdrawn from each of my accounts, the one I had intended to pay hotel costs with, as well as $800 from the account through which I made the reservation. Kevin, the hotel manager, was very kind and helpful in trying to sort out the mess; however, it took at least two hours of our vacation to receive a credit from our bank, without which we would have had to return home being seriously short of money for our three day trip. The hitch was that all of the money had to be withdrawn within 24 hours, which meant multiple stops at the ATM machine in order to withdraw enough money for the trip since there were $200 limits at at all of the ATM's we used. Kevin kindly offered to comp us.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Lorrie
"super friendly staff an very helpful"
Every hotel in Salem was booked so we booked this marriot because it was about 3 miles from Salem. The staff was very friendly the hotel was very clean and the buffet breakfast was very nice. Overall wish we could have stayed another day.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Angelica
"Very Pleased!"
Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was clean and neat, and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. Very reasonable rates.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
D. Cashton
I feel some sort of breakfast should be included for the price paid. The beds and linens were wonderful! Room was very clean and I slept very well!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Jean Taber
"close to salem"
nice, comfortable hotel. About a 10 minure drive to downtown Salem. Good buffet for brekfast, just alittle pricey.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013