All hotels in Peabody, Massachusetts, United States of America
8A Centennial Drive, Peabody, MA, 01960, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Quite clean
    Room is all right
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Bad amenities
"okay hotel but lousy location"
Had to stay here for a business event, and was fairly disappointed given it's a Marriot brand hotel. Check-in service was brief and brusque, nothing about the hotel grounds or policies was explained to me. Host/servers in the restaurant were few and far between, so I had to wait excessively any time I went to eat, or even to the bar. One or two of the staff members were helpful and friendly, but they were the exception and not the rule, at least in my experience. Room itself was quite nice. Bed and pillows may be the best I've ever had in a hotel. Fitness room had plenty of machines and was in good condition. Food in the restaurant was fairly good. Hotel location was extremely unsatisfactory. As I said, I was attending an event at the hotel so I had to stay here. "Boston" is in name of hotel, so I thought perhaps I might be able to pop into the city during some free time - but in reality, Peabody is 30+ minutes north of Boston, and the hotel itself is way out in an industrial park with poor access to transportation if you aren't driving (I was not).
5 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
"Layover"
Short stay with family
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Jeffrey
"Family stay"
Good place to to stay while in the Boston area.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Jeffrey
"I would recommend this hotel"
The Front desk was helpful in many ways
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Stay in Peabody"
I had a great stay at the hotel. The only thing I wish was for the rooms to have microwaves, instead I had to go to the lobby. Besides that, had a great stay.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Won't stay again."
Staff could not understand what "there is no coffee in the room" meant. Also, when a screaming (yes, screaming) loud party across the hall woke us up at 1am security knocked on OUR door to ask of we were with them just as we were going to call the lobby to complain. When we said no security said they would handle it. It took an hour for the noise to stop and a good night's sleep was not had.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Tired
"Very nice hotel with friendly staff"
Staff, staff, staff were fantastic! This is my second time staying there and they have been super. I am going back and also telling my colleagues about my experience.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Farzin
"great hotel.... poor television reception...."
The hotel and room was wonderful. The only issue was the reception on the television. only received 5 or 6 stations... Felt for the price and quality of the hotel the television service should have been better. The breakfast in the hotel was excellent.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Thumbs Up!"
Needed a room for the night to avoid the storm, this hotel was convenient to where I needed to be in the morning. Will stay again if need to.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Toni
"Visiting the Peabody Essex Museum"
Visiting the PE Museum and this worked out perfectly. A little too much noise from nearby room but once the fan was on it wasn't a problem. Nice room. Great location for North Shore visit.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"Lovely with a few flaws"
The rooms are beautiful and the hotel service is excellent. There is nothing nearby, so a car is a must. My only complaint is about the noise level. The acoustics of this hotel are unfortuantely not good--the sounds in the hallway carry everywhere. While there's not much the hotel can do about noisy guests talking loud and allowing doors to slam (repeatedly), I was more disappointed in the housecleaning staff who converse loudly between themselves as they go about their business.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Ideal location for North Shore exploring"
I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always find it to be clean , welcoming and quite comfortable. The check in is quick and effortless with a pleasant staff . The rooms are clean , large and comfortable with the most comfortable mattresses I have found in hotels. The location is convenient to the major roads leading in and out of the North Shore. clean , large
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
charles
"wedding in salem"
It was all very nice. beds and pillows really comfy. loved the hot tub.....but....it was too hot! I never say that, but seriously, it was wicked hot!
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
regina
"disappointed"
I was dissappointed breakfast was not included. I think if you pay over $100 dollars they should at least include a coontinential breakfast should be offered. They didn't even offer coffee in the lobby. I stayed at better hotels in the next town that included full breakfast for less money in a bigger hotel room.
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Carol, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at the Boston Marriott Peabody. We appreciate your feedback as it is our guests’ voice that allows us the opportunities to build on our products and services. We will consider your comments regarding breakfast and coffee service in the lobby with our team as we review our upcoming rate packages for the new year. We look forward to serving you again soon! Best, Bob S.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Stay at Peabody Marriott"
It was just fine. Non eventful. I wasn't on property very much. Bed was extremely comfortable.
4 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
barry
"Convenience and as expected"
In town visiting relatives, so hotel being nearby was convenient.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Overall assessment"
This hotel was conveniently located, reasonably-priced and met our needs.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Best of the worst?"
The Desk was accommodating on check-in, professional and efficient. I believe the agent at check-out was in training, so the inability to have my invoice emailed and the excessive time can be forgiven. However, the poor service in the restaurant/lounge is hard to overlook. The wait staff and bartenders seemed to simply hate their work. Every order / request was met with a sigh or ambivalent facial expression. Very sad and disappointing. On a more positive note, the room was clean and comfortable.
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Ed, Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Based on your review, I am pleased to see that your room was clean and comfortable and that that part of your stay was positive. I also thank you for your patience at check out as we do have a few new faces at the front desk. I did want to apologize to you for your experiences in the restaurant. From the sounds of it, our staff did not perform at your (or our own) expectations and we missed out on executing the basics. I have spoken with our Restaurant Manager and he will be sharing your review, and following up with, his team. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future! My best, Bob
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Ed
"Good Thanksgiving Stopover"
Hotel was very accommodating with early check in and extra guest. Staff is very friendly.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Don
"Very nice, great location"
The hotel and staff were excellent. Parking can be an issue, but FREE. Well worth the price.
Bernie
"Fine."
Nice, clean, friendly unremarkable hotel. Shop could use more snacks and restaurant could have larger menu.
neil
"Not bad"
We stayed here after spending a night at a premium luxury hotel in Boston and really had a better time here. We were traveling with a small child and they did their best to accommodate us. We requested a mini fridge and got a brand new one delivered to our room. The room itself was clean and fairly new. The restaurant staff although busy were very pleasant and not snooty about our requests. It was easy to get to Boston and Salem, we visited both places. This hotel is located in a corporate park but there where many families there. Definately worth it.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Family trip
"Come for the room...Stay for the chowder"
Had a nice comfortable stay...rooms were spacious, clean, and attractive. Restaurant a bit pricy but clam chowder was awesome. But had to pass by the same trays of food left outside rooms from room service for over 24 hours.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Nice location for Salem"
Nice hotel with very accommodating staff. Comfortable beds. Good location for North Shore.Breakfast should be included in the price.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
ela
"Lovely facilities"
We had a great time. The hotel was immaculate and the service was first rate. There were no towels at the pool and even though I called, they didn't bring them until the next morning. And there was no fridge in the room. Other than that - excellent!
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
Hotel was very clean and staff was very helpful. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Renee
"pleasent"
very respectful as well as polite employees
3 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"RELAXING"
Comfortable stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Giuseppe
"Not Worth it."
Customer service is awful. I will not be returning to this hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
"Good location for visiting Salem"
Stayed here to visit salem for Halloween and its location was nice. If you wanted to use the highway or back roads it had nice access. Didn't check out the pool or gym but saw others there most times I passed by. Room was nearly all bed but that worked as we didn't spend much time there.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Christopher
It was a nice place to stay, clean, good service and respectful staff.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Enjoyed my Halloween stay"
Very delightful, comfortable room and very good service
3 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"Terrific Hotel stay"
Our stay was wonderful, the service and people were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast we had at the hotel could be better, but the service was terrific.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"Best stay for SSU"
This hotel is perfectly Marriott with all of the amenities, style, and service. The staff is friendly and professional. The room was very comfortable and roomy as well as clean. The restaurant/bar is large and pleasant and the food is great. Although there was space and furniture for a microwave & refrigerator there was not on (in our room, can probably request). We did not venture out as this was a quick trip and we stayed only one night. Taxi's stay very busy here. Unfortunately there are simply not many other hotels to choose from for getting close to SSU. Plan well ahead for your transportation if you have to be some place on time in this area as well as any surrounding Boston.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Leslie
"Great place, great time!!"
We had a wonderful stay. Beautiful hotel and everything was excellent!! Sophia's was great as well!! The staff was just great, especially Laura D!!! Pool and Jacuzzi area was awesome!
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"A nice surprise"
Hotel is in a great location. It was easy to get to Boston or Salem. Bed is super comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was very helpful. Really enjoyed our stay there. If you go during peak season they do hike up the room rate.
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
G
"Our getaway trip to Salem"
Our family was lloking for a getaway trip to visit both Salem and Boston. Peabody was perfect. It was right off the highway, and half way between both destinations. A great front desk staff. The wait staff in the resturaunt could have been better.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Patrick
"Marriott Peabody"
Our room was very comfy, easy access internet. The front desk said I could park around back, but the door didnt have a pad to let us in and we had to run in the rain with our bags around the building to get in by the front desk. Enjoyed comfy beds. Went to shower and last travelers razor and bath products were in the shower. Approached front desk and they said they could do nothing to help me unless i was a rewards member, but they would give me a free cup of coffee. Not quite the customer service I expected from Marriott.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Kathleen
"Great place for a friends vacation."
This was a nice, clean hotel. It was close to Salem. Easy to find.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
Clean and comfortable
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
"Skimpy Breakfast"
Hotel is lovely, feel as if you are in someone's gracious home. Pool is wonderful, but the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Seems when food gets low, it stays that way. I know the early bird catches the worm, but this sould not be the policy in an above average priced hotel.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
dot
"Close to Endicott College"
Not pleased that I requested a room with two beds. Received a room with one king size bed and a below average sleeper sofa. Very uncomfortable!! Don't enjoy waking up with a sore back!
Response by Boston Marriott Peabody
Janice, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Expedia.com. It is feedback from our guests such as yourself that afford us the opportunity to build on our products and services. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your request for a room with two beds. I was happy to hear that we were able to get you in a room with a sleep sofa as an alternative, but unfortunately it did not provide you with a comfortable night's sleep. For that I am truly sorry. Janice I thank you again for your review, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again the future.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Janice
"Relaxing stay"
I went with my husband who had business meetings to attend. Asked for recomondations for where to go during the day and for dinner. They were very helpful with what I wanted to do and where to go for dinner.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"School visits"
Hotel is nice. In the middle do a business park but close to major roads. They have updated all the rooms and decor. Pool area still needs to be updated but nice.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
Visiting
"Nickled and Dimed"
This hotel is beautiful and clean but I walked away unhappy because we were nickled and dimed. We were two people, but in-room coffee was only one cup of regular, one cup of decaf. We ran out of towels when my wife used two total. And a bottle of Diet Coke at the little shop goes for a Disney World price.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"not worth more than $120 per night max"
The hotel is nice, the staff is very helpful, and the location is decent but it is all on the same level as hotels that go for $100 less per night. Nothing about this hotel stood out as premium and the rooms are actually smaller and less accommodating than what you get at say a comfort suits or days inn. CONS: Overpriced No microwave Very small fridge upon request only Outlets on only one side of bed Unable to change tv source Toilet stopped working after taking a shower AC unit froze and stopped so had to get a new room Internet did not work and had to go through this whole process over the phone Small rooms, especially for price Tv placement is awkwardly to the side of bed No hand soap Garbage not disposed PROS: Very nice staff Very prompt at helping with issues Very close to highway
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
"Stay here!!"
We were very happy with all things at the hotel. the staff was excellent. very pleasant and welcoming. It is a beautiful property and very well kept. All together a very satisfying stay.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
the McGintly Family
"Nice accommodations"
Hotel was nice. Pool and got tub were nice as well. Wish there was a fridge in our room.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nice hotel!"
Happy with the quality of the room and location. Would definitely stay there again. Price was very comparable to other area hotels.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great value!"
The hotel was very comfortable and pleasant. The rate was fantastic for this level of hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014