All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here11611 Bernardo Plaza Ct, San Diego, CA, 92128, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

"Our vacation stay"
We stayed at this hotel 2 nights we were on vacation the check in was ok the check in clerk was really nice explained every thing I needed to know and they let me checkin early so that's was awesome because we drove 3 hrs to get to San Diego and did not want to wait till 4 to check in. Witch by the way I think is to much really 4pm .. The room was clean nice and I had a view of the lake the only thing I didn't like was the ac it was a wall unit and didn't work very well .. The one thing that upset me was that the other guest were really really loud I called the front desk to come up and let there other guest know that there were people sleeping and if they can keep it down I mean it was 1145 pm and they were having a party in the hall !!!! And the front desk did absolutely nothing also I hand called a day befor to bring up some paper plated and they took 1:15 min to do that .. Other then those two situations my stay here was really great it's was far from seaworld by 23miles but very close to the safari park by 6 miles
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Inge
Excellent service. Thank you very much.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Close to everything we needed"
Nice quiet well priced 2-night visit to see friends/family in the area. No complaints, staff was very helpful!
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Adrian
"good experience"
It was a pleasant surpise we had a view of the duck pond and the kids enjoyed being able to feed the ducks.Food was good and room was very nice will definitely be returning.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Nice and Clean"
We are visiting our relative in San Diego and we have a 1-night free from Hotels.com Rewards. We arrive late at night around 10 PM, but there are still a lot of parking spots available, it was quite big sized of the hotel parking lot. They have a Starbucks coffee shop inside however it was almost closed when we arrive. We booked and got the double queen room on the 2nd floor. The location was convenient, there are shops and restaurant around also it was considerably safe. The hotel is located near 15 highway however I did not hear any street sound even though our room window is facing the highway. It might be because the AC sound overpower the street sound. The size of the room is spacious, coffee machine and refrigerator were provided so it is a plus value for us having a toddler. The bed were pretty old I think because the spring was really uncomfortable. They also have an incidental fee that they pending charged to your cc however they will return it to you as soon as you check out and cleared.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Aaron's Mom
"very nice hotel no breakfast"
why no free breakfast anymore
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
jay
"Was close to our sites"
It was so comfortable, I felt like I was at home in my own bed. Best sleep on vacation ever!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Hernandez
"No Cleaning"
The room was comfy and the price reasonable. However, I arrived on Friday and left on Sunday and not once did anyone ever clean my room. I finally asked for towels and did get clean ones. For that reason, my rating is not as high as it would have been. I also have a comment about hotels in general these days. I'm 70 years old with a bad back....when did staff quit offering to help with the luggage? The racks are heavy and difficult to maneuver and I'm not sure where the old fashioned guest services went!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Judy
Odd parking lot configuration with the hotel at the end of a cul-de-sac, but than that we enjoyed our stay. Needed a place to overnight after a big family get-together. Excellent beds and pillows, and we were especially happy to find an empty pool area stocked with pool towels at 9pm on a Saturday. Definitely would be happy to make this our preferred hotel if the house is packed again. Did not have to eat out this trip, but did notice several dining choices in the area. Hotel is adjacent to a nice walkable park with a large pond.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Friendly staff"
I got there late and was told I had been upgraded to a king bed. Front desk staff was really nice. Room was comfortable, but I didn't stay long enough to really enjoy it as I had to leave early the next morning.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Moira
"Mini Vacation"
Staff was very friendly and helpful in their suggestions of the nightlife in the surrounding areas. The stay was comfortable and parking was lovely.
3 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Clifton
"Excellent Accomodations"
Our room was very nice and clean. Pool area was great. Food a little high in prices but then there our other restaurants near by. Ladies that took care of our room were very nice and accommodating,
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Corinne
We were there for a softball tournament and only stayed one night. We enjoyed the pool area and the pool itself was clean and refreshing. King room was a good size with a very comfortable bed. Liked having a refrigerator in the room. Check in was easy and the staff was pleasant and efficient.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Kev & Dora
"N/A"
Check in fast and easy. Courteous front desk personnel. I was on the 4th floor, elevator was very slow, hallways were not air-conditioned. No food or beverage machine on my floor, had to go all the way back down if you wanted snacks/drinks. My room was super-hot upon entry as AC was not even on low. Air conditioner not super efficient, room would get really warm before the AC unit would kick on. Bathroom large and clean, but shower diverter was really stuck and had to forcibly get it up to take a shower. They do not have low-flow toilets. I did the like the small refridgerator (not very cold) and microwave if you needed it.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Nice accommodations"
we were impressed with the Hotel and it was close to freeways.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Sue
Hallways not air conditioned. Air conditioning in my room didn't cool to my satisfaction. A maintenance man checked it out & said "it is what it is". But wasn't rude about it. Just said he had no replacement unit for it. Nicki, the evening bar tender, was a lot of fun & does her job well! We talked & joked with her all three nights we were there. Over all a pleasant experience. I would stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"Great hotel for the price!!!"
We do an annual trip to SD for my son's hockey tournament. The location, pool and park adjacent to the property are a hit with the young kids. It seems to be a very safe area and the staff was fantastic. I believe it was Niki at the restaurant/bar who really took care of us as we relaxed by the pool. Thanks! If you swim, the pool is long enough to do a few laps and not short like most hotel pools. We shall return!!
4 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Randy
"quiet and homey after sun and surf"
The staff were warm ,friendly and very helpful.Decor was modern and relaxing.Housekeeping were very nice and attentive.I was impressed that they had preprinted directions from the hotel to the points of interest that we wanted to go.We'll definitely re-book there again on out next San Diego getaway or any other destination of choice that has a Marriott.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Stephanie Corona
"Lovely property and caring people"
The service was great here. Rooms nice. Property lovely. We did feel like we were driving a long time everywhere to San Diego sights. There are many good restaurants in the area. Great place overall.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"An Excellent Getaway"
The hotel and room was perfect for a weekend getaway. The only issue I had was that the bed could have been more comfortable. A spring mattress in that nice of a hotel? Really? Otherwise, amazing stay for the price. Great staff as well!
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Chris J.
"close to our family gathering"
Reasonable hotel, good pricing, customer service needs work. Housekeeping came once a day. They took our 5 towels replaced with 3. This was not acceptable. Once settled into our room ANOTHER HOTEL GUEST OPENED OUR DOOR.This hotel double booked and KEYED our room. My wife was breastfeeding and a stranger walked into our room. This is entirely unacceptable. Hotel management was informed, and said sorry. In my opinion not enough considering it was a Courtyard by Marriott! It was unfortunate there was no continental breakfast even though this was known before check-in. Bed: Comfortable king size bed. Clean covers, fresh scent, pillows were clean and smelled great. There was pull out single sized bed from the chair. There were spare pillows and sheets in the closet as extras. Bathroom: Shower only, no bath.There was a single sink with amenities The normal were also there for use like shampoo, conditioner and soap. Hair dryer also as standard. There was also a single serve coffee pot (stainless steel.) Entertainment:There was a 32" flat screen TV with cable. Wireless internet was free, but slow.Note: wireless was free for surfing ie: Facebook, google,ect. These small, non memory intensive sites are included. HOWEVER, if you wanted video chat, Skype, or other business needs,cost $3.99/stay for this upgraded. Comfort: There was AC in this rom to help keep us cool and remove some of the humidity. Staff must turn off the AC after each guest. It was humid & warm when you enter.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
C. Thomas
The hotel itself was clean and the staff there friendly. I just didn't think they had enough staff on hand to accommodate effectively while we were there. Bistro was almost never open and front desk staff had to double as baristas if you wanted a cup of coffee. I was fine with it because I was looking for a weekend away with a friend and was not looking to be pampered or catered to and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Over all, my weekend there was relaxing, which was what I wanted. The pond in the back is beautiful and it was nice to just sit and watch the ducks and Blue Herons.
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
Joy
"Great weekend getawat"
We went to San Diego to go to the San Diego Wild Animal Park and stayed aty the Courtyard in Rancho Bernardo and were very satisfied with the hotel overall. If we could have changed anything, it perhaps would have been the mattresses of the bed as they were a bit hard, but that is personal preference as we are used to sleeping on memory foam. The staff was very friendly and quite accommodating we had a late check in and a late check out. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Tina D.
"weekend getaway"
the rooms were great. very quiet hotel. plenty of room for the whole family... definitely would come back.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
eddie
"Your standard Courtyard"
It's a standard Courtyard. The staff was very courteous and checking in and out was fast and simple. The air conditioning in the hotel, except for what felt like the lobby area, isn't centralized so room hallways are warmer and a bit on the humid side. The air conditioning in the room itself is also through an older wall unit instead of centralized so circulation throughout the entire room wasn't great but in the sleeping area it was fine.The one main complaint I do have is that we never got turndown service. The first morning there we put the 'do not disturb' sign up because we just didn't need service. We came back to a note under our door basically checking to make sure we weren't dead and if the sign was still up the next day they would come into the room or otherwise make contact. So before going out the next morning we took the sign down and left around 9:30. Our room was untouched and there wasn't any attempt to contact us. We needed towels which were brought up extremely promptly and were still warm. When we went out the next morning before 9, we came back to an unserviced room again. As for comfort the beds caused both of our backs some issues by the time we left. It's just a still mattress, a little on the lumpy side and leaves its mark. Rancho Bernardo and the surrounding area is gorgeous. It is a half hour to the shore and not an easy drive to get there and 25 or so minutes from San Diego.
4 night romance trip Aug 14, 2014
"Nice place!"
This hotel is a nice place to stay for a quick getaway. My only complaint is that the lobby and hallways were warm. Not sure if there was an AC problem, but that was my only issue.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"rooms"
We stayed in room 207 . Double queen beds sucked! Both mattresses had springs, were worn out,hard and very uncomfortable. We expected a nice comfortable bed where we could get some awesome sleep and instead we had a sleepless night tossing and turning and playing musical beds. Woke up sore from the springs poking at our ribs and back. We both agreed to not go back to this location.unless they get new beds.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
felix
Location was great...room was jus Awesome ...my kid jus loved it...prefect for families .......very friendly staff anywhere in the hotel...would love to go there again.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Natasha johnson
Had a really good time there nice bar to hang out
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
you shouldn't make this mandatory - i wont rate another hotel now.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Smallest Marriott we've ever stayed at, nonetheless, was very comfortable and located next to a wealth of resturants. Great staff! More than met our needs for a short stay in SD on family business.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Very nice hotel closr to Wild Park Safari"
Every thing was great. My wife who likes her room very cold has to ask for a fan.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
mazen
"Very nice hotel in a great area!"
The photo's are accurate on this hotel. Sometimes as well all know- they can be misleading. In this case, it looked just as the photo's. The hotel is located in a nice, safe and clean area. Close to the freeway and stores, etc. that you may need to use during your vacation. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and have all the amenities you will need. For the price, this a great hotel and you won't be disappointed. I would definitely stay here again!
Rachel
"excellent value"
Very nice decor, bed comfort, and cleanliness. A/C unit somewhat noisy. TV selections better than most. Very good value.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"I would definitely recommend this hotel."
Was great place. It was at a great location. Clean and wonderful place. Only adding free breakfast could have made more better.
DJ
"Ok for the price"
Stayed 3 nights Pros:Clean, great rate, close to freeway , close to restaurants and grocery store CONS: I could not get comfortable. It felt like they did not have the AC on in the hotel, hallways and lobby. The rooms were also very humid and sticky even with the air on. They had the older ac units in the rooms it wasnt central heat and air so when the air was on it was freezing when it was off it was sweltering and when it was low it was sticky. Made it really hard to sleep. It was irritating but for the price I put up with it plus we were gone all day and only went there to sleep.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
AMW
"Excellent customer service!"
Overall our stay was wonderful. Having said that...our room was a little under the standard expectations of a Marriott facility. The minor things were immediately taken care of the moment I spoke with the front desk. Carl, the GM and his front desk management team demonstrated excellent customer service to the point that I would return again. In fact, I'm returning next month.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Nick and Katie''s Wedding"
While the room was clean and the staff friendly, the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. It was noisy, every time one of us rolled over it sounded like we were folding cardboard. The rooms were far too hot and the hallways were humid. Not opening the bistro until 7am on the weekend is a little bit late. My husband and I are early risers and had to walk down the street to Starbucks to get our morning coffee.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
Tina
"Excellent hotel in Rancho Bernardo"
Very clean and excellently maintained in a superb neighborhood.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"First Time Stay"
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and well appointed. We enjoyed our stay so much we joined the rewards program and intend to make Marriott our first choice when making reservations.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Elle
"Rooms are Hot"
The Mini AC units do not work very well inside the room... Rooms stay hot during the day... Please upgrade
2 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Eddie
"Great Place to Stay"
Positives to my stay: The hotel was clean. The beds, as always, are amazingly comfortable. Loved the decor! The staff was friendly. Pool was well maintained. Negatives to my stay: Other guests (a group of teenagers in residence) were very disrespectful to the hotel staff and constantly making noise, deliberately disturbing rooms with "do not disturb sign" on the door etc. Unfortunately, no matter how good the hotel, there is always the risk that someone staying there will ruin it for you.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Mara
The hotel was clean and nice. I would recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Nicer hotel with good amenities"
We had a very pleasant stay, and it wasn't too far from San Diego. The restaurant had decent food and served Starbucks coffee, although the room also had a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge. The pool & hot tub were outside with card access. The staff were helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Excellent start"
We arrived after a long drive from AZ. The stay was great and the room was wonderful. There are several restaurants and store near by that makes it easy to pickup a few things. I have some trouble breathing, so I called for an extra pillow and it was delivered in less than 5 minutes. The only disappointment was that there were several young sports teams there. The breakfast area was closed for everyone except the teams; however, no one told us until we tried to grab coffee. Overall, great hotel and great service - well done!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Quiet and comfortable, great surroundings"
The hotel is in a very nice neighborhood and conveniently located next to shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were very comfortable and the hotel was nice and quiet.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Lori K.
"Nice but disappointing at the same time"
We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. It was a nice big room but would have been nicer if it had a small table with chairs (there was plenty of room for it) so you didn't have to sit on the bed to watch tv, snack, etc. There was a desk chair and a club chair in the corner. The grounds, pool, spa, etc were very nice; however our entire stay was over- run with kids so we weren't able to use it. I think they were here for a softball tournament; but I'm not sure when they actually played ball since they were always at the hotel. There was beer all over the floor of the elevator (the adults were as wild as the kids) and they used all the ice in the ice machines on every floor. They literally took over the hotel...restaurant, pool, everything. I love kids but these were very loud and unruly and in my opinion management should have said something to them. Instead, they were allowed to run wild up and down the halls, they were diving into the hot tub and pool and this lasted until about 11:00 every night.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
C&J
"Close to restaurants and freeway"
Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Stayed for 1 night to take an exam the next morning. Found the restaurants nearby to be very nice, delicious, and a large selection of food options. The area is very clean and beautiful. Rancho Bernando is a lovely town and this hotel was right in the center of everything around town.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"About 7 miles from San Diego Safari park"
pleasant one night stay
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"Breakfast"
No complimentary breakfast. No complimentary coffee. Things have changed.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014