All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Stampfenbachstrasse 34ZurichZH8006Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Food is all right
    Bad amenities
"another happy stay at this hotel"
i am frequent visitor to switzerland and always staying at this hotel, i feel like home, away from home here, with great location, friendly and professional staff , always a pleasure, thank you all for making my visit again a fun and pleasant experience..
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
kaz
"Nice hotel. Close to train station"
Employees extremely polite. The hotel is very elegant, a beautiful lobby, a beautiful and comfortable room. The hotel is well located. Walking distance from train station. Very close to historical sites. Important department stores just a two minute walk.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
ed
"very convenient"
Great location, walking distance to everything. Beatrice at the front desk was very helpful. Breakfast was basic but very good. All local food. Clean and quiet.
2 night trip Dec 2, 2014
"Top Notch"
On a cold rainy night in Zurich my stay at the Bristol was a very pleasant experience.From the charming young lady ( Chiara ! ) at reception to the very clean, warm and comfortable room , enjoyable breakfast and very reasonable room rate,this place is a real "steal " .I highly reccommemd it .
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Excellent position. Very clean. Descent breakfast. Descent size room
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Pavlos
"City Center"
In city center but will not stay again. Maybe OK for european standars but not for USA travellers
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Wanted to stay longer!"
only one night wish longer. Good area in Zurich, close to train station, old town, and bus lines. People helpful, nice and prompt. Upgraded my room!! Breakfast adequate, all cold with meats/cheeses etc. A little tough to find first time around, as off the main "drag" on side street a bit. But just great location and place!
1 night trip Nov 12, 2014
Well located, good value without too many frills.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great location, walking distance to train station"
We spent 3 nights and loved its closeness to everything. Our room was small but adequate. We were out all day touring. Breakfast was included which was great.
3 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
michael
"Nice Hotel close to the Train Station."
We were on a whirlwind tour of Switzerland with our granddaughter. The triple room was basic but roomy and our granddaughter liked that there were plenty of electrical outlets for charging her iphone and tablet. It was a short walk from the Train Station which proved helpful as we had an early flight the day we left. Because we left the hotel earlier than breakfast service, the front desk provided a snack for us to take along. This was greatly appreciated.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Decent Hotel"
The Bristol Hotel is located really close to the Zurich Bahnhof so it made getting to train for the airport and anywhere else you want to go in the country easy. Bahnhofstrasse and the underground rail city is nearby for shopping/food. The area around the hotel is decent -- not a lot of noise. The room I stayed in was small but clean. It has woord/parquet floors, tile in the bathroom. The bathroom looked pretty clean except for some damage on the shower head, but it was functional. The comforter on the bed looked faded and worn, but it was alright and kept me warm. Breakfast in the morning is really great -- cheese, bread, yogurt, muesli, hard boiled eggs -- but nothing hot (except coffee and tea). They have 24 hour reception. The wifi was the best of all the Swiss hotels I stayed in -- it uses a separate network called Monzoon and you sign-in via a 4-digit code sent to you via text message. I was able to use it on both my Surface and iPhone and it was relatively fast and the connection fairly consistent. Laundry was also great. I feel that a lot of hotels charge you per item, and Bristol was the first I saw where you could just give them up to 7kg of laundry in a bag and they'd do it for a flat rate (no folding or ironing included). That flat rate is 15 CHF. Maybe other hotels have that service in Switzerland, but it never popped out to me as an option. Reception folks were helpful as well.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Glenn
"Short hop in Zurich"
My friends and I stayed at the Bristol for two nights after a stay in Lucerne. The Bristol was close to the train station and convenient to Old Town and the commercial districts. The hotel was helpfulk in securing a transfer to the airport as our flight was early in the morning.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Wendy
"Nice reception, good breakfast buffet"
The hotel was walkable from the central train station. The rooms were clean and modern. The front desk was helpful.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
lynnea
"Bristol"
Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Great location. Rooms were clean and functional. The breakfast however was not good.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
Louis
"1 night at Bristol"
Drove to the Bristol at end of 14 day tour of Switzerland. Parking was not convenient but I did get a spot at a hotel further down the street. Hotel has no air conditioning but did provide a stand up fan for the room. The hotel is not real easy to get to on a one way street. My wife and I were there only one night. It is convenient to the airport, about 15 mins away.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
SteveW
"spartan, but a good deal for Zurich"
The room was a little bit spartan, but it's clean and only 5 minute walk from the railroad station.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
BCK
great
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
lin
We should change dirty towels. The room was very small and the bed location was not good (in the smallest high of the room as it was on the last floor). While coming to the hotel we asked a girl at the reception to help us in one little problem and to make a call to the Zurich airport car rental and she answered that we should do that ourselves.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Convenient to Zurich train station"
We stayed at Hotel Bristol on our last night in Switzerland, before flying home from Zurich. The hotel was an easy walk from the train station, in a relatively quiet area. It was fine for our needs.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nice hotel with breakfast close to train station."
We stayed at the Hotel Bristol on our way in and out of Europe. The hotel was very convenient to the train station and close to the old town which made our brief stay over very pleasant. The room was basic but nice, and in the morning the breakfast offered was quite extensive and very tasty.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Great location - Near train station AND near river"
Great place to stay to see Zurich. Very clean, great staff, near everything, but removed enough to be away from busy main streets.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Very modern hotel. It was just a nice change after many nights in several hotels in Italy. We highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Nicely renovated old building, everything perfectly clean and the room had room for three adults with no problem. The room did not had AC, though, not that you need it, they were 65 degrees outside, but it was some kind of road work that night close to the hotel and sleeping with the open window wasn't fun!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Cezar
"Great place for families"
Easy walking distance to the train station, about 4 blocks, on a quiet side street a block off the river. Great location for sightseeing as there are trams and buses and trains to anywhere within a block. And a short walk from Old town. Standard Quad room was nice, in a L shaped configuration, so almost like two rooms. Our room had a huge balcony with a patio set, and faced the church tower which looked beautiful at night, and had lovely bells during the day. Good breakfast. Easy check in and check out. Easy luggage storage, which was good as we arrived early in the day, and wasted no time stored the luggage and went touring. All in all a very nice hotel, reasonable prices, and great location. Would stay here next time too.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
Hjohn
Location great less than 10mins from train station. Thereforw 10mins from main shopping district. It is is 2mins from old town. Zurich is safe Relatively very cheap esp considering high cost of living in zurich If u going zurich would ded recommend this hotel
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Navindra
It was a longer walk from the railway station than the 5 minutes I had expected, but not unreasonable. When we left we used the hotel's bus service to the airport, fast and reasonable cost and easier than walking back to the railway station. Excellent breakfast. Our room was on the top floor so had some issues with sloping ceilings. It appeared not to be air-conditioned so I would think that might be a problem if it got hot in the summe, but very nice in early June.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
The hotel was very clean and conveniently close the train station. However the breakfast was "out of the carton". Canned fruit, grocery store bread and cheese. I was surprised that local cheese and fresh bread was not used.
1 night family trip May 29, 2014
"Surprisingly Satisfying"
All we needed was a decent place to stay overnight in Zurich from which we could catch a very early train. The Bristol Hotel was perfect, primarily due to its proximity to the Hauptbahnhof (train station). The room was simple, but very clean and comfortable. The staff was more helpful than we could have expected, offering to make us breakfast to take on our trip with us. We will definitely return.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Pete
"Close to town"
Bathroom is really small, everything else is good
2 night family trip May 22, 2014
"Hotel close to station"
The hotel is walking distance from the Zurich HB station. We, however, figured this out after taking a taxi there. The room for 4 adults was spacious and clean. Got very warm through the night requiring us to open the windows. There were no fans in the room. Staff were helpful and polite. Breakfast was OK. For the price it was good.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Good Hotel and Good Value!"
Rooms and especially the bathroom were sparkling clean. We booked a triple and a double room. One of the rooms had a balcony which was nice !Front guest service was friendly, eager to please and helpful. (I did not know how to open the room window, and she came upstairs to show me. She was also super nice.) Breakfast was great. Plenty of bread, coffee, hard boiled eggs, yogurt,croissants etc. The breakfast attendant was very hard working and kept replenishing breakfast supply. This is a 3 star hotel so there are other missing amenities like no kettle in the room for coffee or tea. However, I highly recommend this place! It was close to train station and a short distance ( 10 minute walk) to the old town.
3 night trip May 9, 2014
Good location, very helpful staff The only thing I did not like was the bathroom, it was too small and quite unconfortable
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Great Hotel Near Train Station"
I loved the location. Close to train station and walking downtown Zurich. We had a great room. Very clean and comfortable. Would stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2014
Kathleen
"Great place!"
Rooms are small but you're only going to use them for sleeping and showering anyways. Zurich is a beautiful city so why would you want to stay indoors. Great location. Superb staff!
4 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"Proximity is best asset"
This hotel is very close to the Zurich HB station and Altsadt district. The rooms are minimal and reminded me of a college dormitory completely lacking in individual identity. Beds are comfortable but the sloped ceiling caused me a nasty bruise when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and smacked my skull on the concrete. The included breakfast is basic, but appreciated in a city/country that feels like you are paying airport prices for everything everywhere. The other guests took advantage of this too as they voraciously descended upon the breakfast spread at precisely 6:30 am and loaded up on 4-5 croissants and piles of cold cuts and cheese. If you are looking for economy and location in Zurich, this is it. Just remember to ask for your wifi code (they don't proactively offer it) and pass on the airport shuttle (the hotel wants 30 francs, yet the train station is 5 mins away and will cost you 6.50 and get you to the station in about 11 minutes.)
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
"Good stay"
I thought the breakfast was good, the room was nice. I stayed two nights. I had a room for 1 the first night and it was good. I had a four person room the second night and it was very nice. Happy with my stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay. It is very close to the train station.
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2013
"always a pleasure to stay at bristol hotel"
super friendly, kind, experienced staff, great location,
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
kaz
"Perfect for an overnight close to the train"
exceptionally helpful staff, fine coffee and breakfast, easy few blocks to the train station, and a pleasant stroll down the river to the old town, art museum and restaurants. Its in a fine, though not beautiful or romantic setting. exactly what I wanted for my overnight before flying home.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
Alden
Hotel very well located and very organized. The room was very small. We had problem to access the internet in the room because each equipment needed different password. One of the ladies at the reception was very rude to us when we tried to understand what was going on. Breakfast is good. TV in the room and elevators were working. Many mosquitos when we openned the bathroom window to air the environment.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Good hotel value in heart of Zurich"
It's pricy for our US standard. Extra 3 swiss frac each night for city tax. No hot water for tea or coffee in room. 50 cents at lobby for hot tea, coffee. Good location for public transportation.
3 night trip Nov 24, 2013
pearl
Tiny shower!
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Excellent location just 7 minute walk from the train station. Room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was good. A good choice of nearby restaurants for dinner. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"A pleasant place to stay"
The hotel is clean. The service is top notch. The amenities were fine--good breakfast. The location is central. This hotel is easy to stay in and to use as a base for visiting in the region.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Dan Riordan
"Simple and affordable hotel near train station"
Very close to the main train station, easy walk to main attractions .
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Nicki
"BLAH, NO ATMOSPHERE, DINKY ROOM"
The location was good, 2 blocks from the end of old town and the train station. The staff was very unenthusiastic and not really willing to help or give advice. The rooms are tiny, dorm room style, hard beds, hot rooms, a double room only has room for 1 suitcase. The breakfast was included but very bland.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Mindy
"Staff problems with this place"
The front desk did not honor our Expedia contract and made us pay extra for the third person in an explicitly stated triple room. Then the bed was not even made up until after 8 pm. Terrible confusion at check in. One of our party had a lot of trouble with the ordering of their airline shuttle. Often no one at desk. No air onditioning and rooms were warm even in September. Very basic rooms and breakfast. Substandard towels. You paid extra for everything. Only liquid soap in bathroom. Zurich is expensive but I still would have liked more service for $200
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
professional
"Friendly and clean"
The staff were very helpful, the room more than adequate. Easy walk to the tourist heart of town. Breakfast (included) was terrific.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
"Great location, good hotel"
I stayed for one night on September 4, 2013 and really enjoyed my short stay.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
L
"Ideal central location."
Got everything done and even had time for some sightseeing excursions - all within walking distance. Breakfast was hot and ready every morning. Free internet really helped.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Dr D
"Great Buy"
The hotel is ideally situated in Zurich. We were a short distance from the train station and were able to take the train to Lucerne and Bern quite readily. The staff was extremely friendly and always helpful. One morning I left my back pack in the breakfast area. I was desperate because my passport was in it. A member of the staff saw me leave it, retrieved it, and my vacation was saved. When I return to Zurich I will definitely stay at the Bristol again.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013