All hotels in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland

"Trip to Ireland."
Our stay was great!
3 night romance trip Mar 2, 2016
"Perfect!"
Beyond expectations! We had an amazing night with our three children. I can't say enough about this gem of a hotel!
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2015
Siobhan
"A little disappointing"
Older, intriguing building, nice large rooms, furnished in a kind of 70's style. Looked great online but was in truth a bit shabby. Supercilious desk clerk the night we checked in. Alarmed us about a potential road closure (for a marathon) at 5 in the morning preventing us from making an early flight. Turned out it was about 10 miles away (maybe 15) and no threat to us at all. Would have been nice if he had had his facts straight before he freaked us out. Admittedly he was new to the area but turned out that we, from the States, knew Dublin better than he did. Overall, a disappointing stay.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
Sara
"The best castle stay ever!!"
Fantastic! They upgraded us to a suite, we had a gorgeously appointed room. Nice nice beds, sitting room, ocean view balcony, walk in closet with dresser, huge bathroom with tub (seemed very newly remodeled). Absolutely perfect!
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Ann
"family room"
It was ok. A little dated, but very comfortable. The bar was a bit overpriced too. Still, I'd stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Had a wonderful, relaxing stay. Food and service were great. Local village and transportation are within walking distance.
6 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Best staff ever !!! They could not do enough to make our stay very enjoyable. Cannot wait to go back!!!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Best Hotel on European Vacation"
My hotel stay exceeded all of my expectations. Location, staff, premises were all outstanding. My room with balcony and sitting room were fantastic...
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"a Birthday Celebration"
We stayed two nights on our own at the end of a week's long tour of Ireland. We loved the atmosphere. Breakfast was also great and dinner at The Grill was delicious.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
elena
"Should not be considered as a castle"
This hotel is not worth the money. It smelled really bad and it was dirty. It did not give the impression of being in a castle but a 2 star hotel. The good thing is that it is in a nice area and one can walk to where the restaurants and shops are.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Helen
Great hotel but bring an electrical outlet transformer to convert 220 volts to 110 volts required for USA phone chargers and other small appliances.
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Ken
"Good place"
The hotel was everything you expect for the price. The staff at the hotel was helpful with directions and assistance. However, the pool was not very family oriented and the bar/restaurant left a litt to be desired in terms of service.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Tammy
"Dishonest staff."
The hotel was fine but beware of the staff. I forgot 1600 in cash in my safe when I checked out. When I realized I contacted the Hotel immediately. I was happy to hear that they got it and it was waiting for me, that I was Going to leave them a big tip...Well they helped themself already to 1200 of it. They only handed me 400. I was shocked. They said that it is handed off to 3 people and I need to prove it. Management didn't care... Just wanted me to leave. it ruined my Vacation.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
dave
"Hotel outside of Dublin"
Nice hotel outside of Dulin city center, nice location in a quiet town with reasonably priced rooms. Breakfast was very good, did not eat dinner at restaurant but my guess is that it was highly regarded by all the rewards and people inside. Made reservations about two weeks in advance as places inside the city were already booked and I needed a triple room. Pleased with my choice and would definitely recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Beautiful views!"
Staff was always kind and helpful. Beautiful view of the sea.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
christy
"Needs work..."
We spent three nights at this hotel, in two different rooms, both on the third floor. The rooms we had were not in great shape, with stains and patches on the carpeting, and it looked like the walpaper had been stripped off and then the backing was painted. In the second room, which had a balcony, We were told that the hotel is undergoing renovation, and painting activities were visible at the opposite end of the building - but that doesn't explain why rooms in the condition described were being made available. Apparently, the other fllors were in better shape. Aside from that, the public areas of the hotel were nicely and comfortably furnished, and the lounges and bars, while being lightly populated, were well stocked.
2 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
It was the best stay I had, all staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Quaint castle in nice little town on the water"
If you want to be IN Dublin, don't stay here. Is very nice and is in Avery nice quaint little friendly town. Is easy enough to get the train to the city though
2 night family trip May 4, 2015
"Ireland Properties"
Pleasant property but could use a few upgrades to include improving main entrance that currently is a challenge for luggage
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Vayl
"Could have been nice"
Very nice staff... although we were placed in ran down room. I'm assuming the other rooms may be nicer and more updated since all other reviewers seem pleased. Our room was next to the delivery entrance and trash cans (thankfully it was just a place to sleep for a week). The outside part of the tub was rotting off (it was wood). Mattress was very firm...too firm. The bar, front entrance, and sweet little town are what made this ok to stay in. Sadly, I probably won't be back.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"the 80's called"
Hotel looks like it has not been updated in decades. Very disappointed.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
fintan
"Nice hotel in Ireland"
My husband and I were pleased with this hotel. It was clean and provided a nice setting, for our trip.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Lenore
"Grumpy lady"
I like this hotel for its proximity to Dalkey, Killiney and Wicklow. It is not particularly convenient to Dublin city centre, and as far from the airport as you can get. Good parking and good restaurants and pubs. However, the hostess in the breakfast hall could use some major charm lessons. Very grumpy. Also, how about putting in some king size beds?
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Sean
"about the best you can do in the area"
old facilities and clientele. But still something distantly authentic and historic. Yet sort of dilapidated. About the best I've found in the area. Far lower quality than Westin, W or even Hilton or even Marriott.
tom
"Friendly staff and nice facilities"
We enjoyed our time there! Our family all stayed in the same room. We were pleased with the large beds, free extra bed, and accommodating staff!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Ireland at it's BEST !!!"
5 of us travelled from California to Ireland to research our Irish family history, we stayed at the Fitzpatirck Castle for 3 nights, we found it to be charming, delightful, historic, and excellent value in every way. Margaret, who checked us in could not have been more helpful. We hope to return as we were most impressed with every experience during our stay.
3 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
"The perfect example of Irish Hospitality"
From the minute we walked in we were welcomed. They were able to check us in 3 hours prior to check in which is rare in any hotel. The restaurant inside the hotel was charming, efficient and delicious.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Dominique
"Needs updating"
A great facility that is in desperate need of some attention. It's tired and worn out. Service in the bars is slow. Located in the beautiful, friendly town of Dalkey. Quite a ways from Dublin but the train service is reasonable and comfortable.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Joseph McElmeel
"Majestic Hotel Great Location"
Located in the beautiful heritage town of Dalkey, the Fitzpatrick offeres an old world charm. The Fitzpatrick is the only hotel in this area, so not a lot of tourist, which makes for much quieter stay than perhaps Dublin, this we enjoyed. Dalkey has many charming shops, great restaurants and pubs, parks, ocean views and nice people. We loved and used the trains to get into Dublin to see the sights. The rapid transit system is easy to use and a convienent station is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel provided great service, very helpful staff, rooms with nice views that were comfortable and clean. Beautiful landscape, with expansive lawns and large chestnut trees, where we took full advantage of the outdoor seating the hotel provided. Did eat dinner in the hotel resturant, the food was excellent. Very enjoyable stay at the Fitzpatrick and would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Kelle
"relaxing stay with friendly locals"
the best hotel personnel we have meet. locals were warm, friendly and helpful. thank you Margaret! not in the city of Dublin but the dart train is a 10 min walk and easy access to Dublin without the noise, traffic. walk into Dalky from hotel and enjoy a wonderful Irish village with numerous places with great dining.
4 night trip Aug 28, 2014
marcey rotz
"A bit run down, but good value for money."
Hotel room was quite cheap. The room was very large and spacious. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was clean. Hotel itself seems just a little run down, but not bad. Mattress was terrible. Overall, good value for money as long as you don't need a firm mattress.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Chuck
"Some major issues"
The address listed for the hotel was Dun Laohaire and it was NOT located there. It was in Dalkey so we spent at least an hour lost looking for it. The hotel itself had a restaurant and a pub which is good since the hotel is very far away from anything. The hotel room itself was very large and comfortable, but when we went to take a shower dark brown chunky water came out. When I called the office to tell them, they mentioned that the water had been turned off and it would be on again in an hour. They didn't seem concerned at all that we only had that one hour to shower before our flight home. They made no effort to give us another place to shower.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Very Poor For a Castle"
We booked this mostly for the kids to have and experience at a castle. Staff was rude and untrained. Pool only allowed kids during certain times. Hair in the shower. They seemed to have a lot of buisness meetings in their lobby making it very uncomfortable to be a guest at the hotel. I would not stay there again nor recommend to anyone else.
2 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Christina
Great hotel. Beautiful views. Friendly, helpful staff.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"VERY NICE RELAXING HOTEL"
THE FITZPATRICK CASTLE HOTEL IS A NICE HOTEL IN A BEAUTIFUL AREA BUT NOT THE TYPE OF CASTLE EXPERIENCE MY FAMILY WAS LOOKING FOR ( WE WANTED AND OLD MEDEVIL TYPE OF STRUCTURE) THIS HOTEL LOOKED LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN THE 1970'S. THE HOTEL STAFF WAS VERY NICE THROUGHOUT OUR STAY, THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AND TOOK THE TIME TO GIVE US MAPS, DIRECTIONS AND POINT OUT AREAS OF INTEREST IN THE AREA. THE ROOMS WERE LARGE AND CLEAN, HOUSEKEEPING WAS GREAT. THE HOTEL WAS VERY SAFE AND THE SURROUNDING AREA WAS AWESOME. THIS IS A GREAT WEEKEND GET AWAY HOTEL BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH TO DO IN THE AREA.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
RAM
"Wonderful Staff. Very Helpful .Must Stay."
I loved this hotel. It is rustic and pleasing to the eye. The staff more than compensates for standard rooms. The eateries are all divine. Behind the castle you can take a 30 min walk and on a clear day see Scotland. The view is great and it is very close to DART. If you have not driven on the opposite side of the road I encourage you to use the DART. Taxis are 30$ American one way into Dublin versus 7$ for an all day pass on DART.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Jessi
"Very unsatisfed"
My wife and I and another couple stayed three nights at the hotel. We were put on he 5th floor. The rooms across the hallway were being renovated. As a result there was dust in the hallway and noise all day long. I travel probably 30% of my time and have never had a hotel do this. It is management's way of trying to maximize revenues while undergoing a renovation. On my first day in the room I noticed the toilet seat was not clean. The rooms are not properly cleaned. All this adds to bad management at the top. A desire to minimize expenses as shown by the breakfast offerings and miserable biscuits provided with tea. We were provided a bottle of white wine as an apology for the construction. At least the receptionist listened but I can buy a bottle of white wine any day of the year. I don't go on holiday often. After our stay we then moved into Dublin, stayed at a comparably priced hotel where the rooms were better and the breakfast was much better.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Global Traveler
"Perfect"
Hotel was incredible, staff was friendly and the location was perfect. 15 minutes walk to the DART station which takes you directly to center Dublin and a 15 minute walk from Dalkey, a beautiful coastal town. Everything was perfect.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Charming"
We enjoyed our experience overall. The gentleman at check in/concierge were very nice and knew their stuff, the lady who checked us in was a bit short and didn't seem to want to answer questions. The facility is being updated but we liked the character and layout. It is NOT handicapped accessible, which wasn't a big problem for us but would be for others. The walk to Dalkey is scenic and not too far, taxi's were everywhere and getting to the Dart to go into Dublin was very easy. We will stay here again when coming to Ireland.
Other trip May 16, 2014
JB
"Nice but not worth it"
Service is great but the pool closes very early for kids and they were disappointed. The rooms are dark and we didn't feel like the outside of the building matched the pictures.
1 night trip May 5, 2014
cindy
"Great pillows"
We enjoyed our stay at the Fitzpatrick, from the wonderful staff and lovely grounds to the most comfortable sleep I have ever had in a hotel.
Other trip May 3, 2014
carol
"Lovely hotel in walking distance of train station"
The hotel was a great experience. My husband and I were in Ireland for our honeymoon and found the whole hotel an intimate experience. We had asked for a quite room and they but us at the very end of the hallway in the corner. They also upgraded our room for free. All of the staff was wonderful and very nice. The level of helpfulness of the staff was one of the shining stars of the place. The room could use an upgrade decor wise but the bathroom had been redone and was beautiful. The room was also very roomy and intimate. We were worried about the bed size since European beds and American beds are different but they but us in a big, comfy bed (my husband is 6' 2" and we need the space). We had a nice view of the sea and Dalkey Island from our room. Though we only ate breakfast once at the hotel (it was okay), we tried their other eating options and enjoyed each one. The bars and bar staff are wonderful and, during our last night, they had a piano player so we were able to enjoy some dancing. The walk from the hotel to Dalkey and the Dalkey train station is about 10/15 minutes. The hotel is on a hill, so it is something to take into account when looking at walking to and from the hotel. But to be honest, with the type of eating and drinking we were doing on our trip, all the walking made if feel like we were earning each bite and sip.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Candice
"Great if you don't mind a 15 minute walk"
Hotel is very comfortable though one or two areas are beginning to look a little tired (though they are working on some of them). The location is great as long as you don't mind a 15 minute walk into the lovely village of Dalkey with its dart link into Dublin. Didn't try the food at the hotel as great options in Dalkey. Hotel staff are great - if you have to get a taxi to/from Dalkey the drivers can be a bit grumpy but that's their problem...
3 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Iain
"Very nice old hotel on bay."
Wonderful remodeled older hotel. Note: It is NOT a castle, but a castle atmosphere. It has a Dungeon Bar & Grill very nice. Only negative is location is extreme Southeast end of Dublin and takes 35 minutes from Downtown Dublin to travel to and from. Great indoor pool.
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
"Older traditional hotel"
Relaxed traditional atmosphere. Older European style with damasks and crystal chandeliers. Indoor pool and dining is on site reasonably priced. Fireplaces in lobby and tea is served each afternoon. Room had a spectacular view of the Dublin Harbor with a balcony. I would return to Fitz Castle Hotel!
2 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Beautiful location, lovely old building."
Loves the experience. Staff and location were excellent. They made a small mistake on our room, and gave us free breakfast, which was by far the best breakfast we had in Ireland!! Only complaint is the beds are very hard by typical American standards.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"Great Experience, Friendly Staff, Gorgeous Area"
My husband and I stayed here recently for one evening. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer! All of the staff were kind and friendly. Our room was spacious and clean. The furniture was very nice and the bed was comfortable. After we checked in, we went down to the 'library' for lunch. The food was great and the unconventional seating made it interesting. Afterwards, we took a walk in the 'park' behind the hotel, as the concierge had highly suggested doing this. Our walk through this park and down to the coast was fantastic and really added to our overall experience. We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs and really enjoyed the food. We did not have an opportunity to enjoy the pool, sauna, or steam room as the facilities were' closed by the time we had finished our dinner and we had to check out very early to catch our flight home. There is a coach that will runs to the Dublin airport and takes about an hour each way and will drop you off right in front of the hotel. This was very convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We had a wonderful experience and hope to have another opportunity in the future to visit Ireland and stay at this hotel again, and next time we will stay longer!
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2013
SmartTraveller
Location and staff were great. The nearby towns are in easy walking distance. The scenery is beautiful. I think I would have preferred air conditioning as well but it cooled off nicely with the windows open. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Aug 1, 2013
"Nice hotel, great location - not a 4 star"
This is a very nice hotel with a great staff. It is walking distance (downhill) to Dalkey which has a number of nice stores, pubs and place to eat. Also walking distance to DART train. It is not 4 stars, probably 3 but appropriately priced. It has been remodeled recently. Thanks for the great stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013