All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1000 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15222, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"PENGUINS/STEELERS"
OUTSTANDING THANK YOU
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Thank YOU, John! Have a great 2015.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Will be back"
We had a great experience at this hotel. Excellent staff. Super comfy beds. Nice pool. Will definitely stay here again!
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Hello! We are glad you had such a great experience and we will be happy to host you again to enjoy our Heavenly Beds and Westin Workout swimming pool! See you then.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"very convenient to the stadiums"
hotel was very convenient, room was clean, small issue with not being able to turn water off in tub when we arrived so maintenance turned water off and then back on in morning, hotel parking cant accommodate full size SUV's so had to valet to another parking garage hotel staff took care of it but just minor inconvenience, staff great overall. sure issues are not indicative of the hotel, very accommodating with late check in in etc.
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Hi there; thank you for the nice review! We're glad that you were able to have your guestroom issue taken care of in a timely fashion. Sorry that this happened to you! We're happy that the staff was so accommodating to your needs and we hope that you're able to visit us again to enjoy another great stay.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
bob
"Steelers game"
In Pittsburgh for Steelers game! Great food and location!
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Hello, Debra! Thank you for your 5 star review! We're glad you had a great time at the game and some good dining experiences. See you on the next visit!
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
debra
"on.way to family visit"
Room was great but the walls are kind of paper thin. Heard neighbor noise from toilet. Also had some weirdo knocking on doors at 3:30 am. Had to tell them to shut up. This hotel is in ideal location for 3 rivers stadium and close to Train Station.
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Dear June; we're glad to see that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us! We apologize for any noise disturbances that you may have encountered; we will research any issues. However, we're glad that we could be successful in being prime location spot to our local attractions. We hope that you come to visit us next time for an even more perfect stay. Thank you!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
June
"Westin - A hotel for business travelers"
Overall, disappointed with this booking; not worth the cost
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Dear Tim; thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh. We are truly sorry to hear of the inconsistencies during your stay and the fact that we did not meet your expectations. While we do have a lounge on our second floor, there are many outside establishments within walking distance, mere blocks from the hotel. We truly apologize that the staff did not assist you with this and will follow up immediately. Thank you again for the information. We hope to have another chance to better serve you in the near future!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Excellent!"
The staff were very professional and friendly! I truly enjoyed my stay!
"perfect quick getaway in town."
I Stayed two nights. They were extremely accommodating. So much so I almost extended my stay another night.
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Sounds like a great visit! Glad that we were able to accommodate you for the stay and really exceed your expectations. Cannot wait for your next visit with us! Be well, be Westin.
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
"No choice at restaurant"
WiFi not free no menu service in Cafe . . . forced to pay for buffet
Response by The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
Dear Douglas; we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your visit. WiFi is actually complimentary your entire stay and high speed is the cost internet; we are sorry for any miscommunication that you received. We will share the feedback about the cafe and restaurant with our F&B team. While not a Westin standard this visit, we hope that you visit us again soon so we can revamp your impression of us. Thank you again and be well.
2 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Douglas
"Could use an update!"
It was a good location but the rooms were dated and the amenities lacking compared to other Westin's. It used to be a doubletree and that was obvious. Rooms were noisy, you could hear people in the bathrooms showering.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Stacey
"Hotel close to lot things downtown Pittsburgh"
Room very nice and bed linens comfortable and Down comforter very nice. Fire alarm went off 630 am, so that was annoying. Stay overall very good.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
wendy
Very comfortable ... great staff and i really enjoyed the stay !
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great location, but that's about it."
First, the hotel is definitely older and is in need of updating in the public areas, workout facility, and the guest rooms. For the money, the value is not there compared to some of the other options in the area. Service was pretty abysmal. I had arranged to have Steelers tickets delivered to the hotel prior to my arrival. I notified the check-in agent of this and was informed that nothing had arrived for me. I checked again on Saturday, same answer. On Monday (gameday) I called the service express line to check again and was told that if anything had come for me I would be notified. So I hastily arranged for replacement tickets at significant expense. On my way to the game I just happened to stop by the front desk and asked for a fourth time, if I had received any mail. This time, they actually looked in the back and found that the package had been delivered on Friday. I mentioned that I had been told on all other occasions that there was no Mail for me and that that was completely unacceptable for a "business" hotel. The front desk manager overheard and said that they would try to do better next time. These kinds of experiences ensure that there will not be a next time.
4 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh"
Access to the hotel is rather confusing. Going from the parking garage to the hotel is guess work your first trip, fortunately, I rode on the elevator with 2 guests that have been to the hotel before. Also, coming from Consol after a concert, I had to walk around the entire building to find a door that would allow me access. The room was very comfortable! Room service is prompt, the food is healthy, and served in generous portions!
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Natalie
"Good centralized location"
Stayed there after a concert at the Consol. Well within walking distance to all the sports venues. Staff very nice and helpful. Beds were very comfortable. Overall a pleasant experience. A little pricey though.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Edward
"AMAZING!"
We were in town for the Eric Church Concert.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Jamie
"perfect location"
Stayed for a Steeler game. Very clean with courteous and helpful employees. Very short walking distance to everything.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
mike
"Good hotel for drunks"
This hotel seems to attract the rowdy crowd. We were woken up twice - at 4 am and then at 4:30 am - by 2 different groups, singing, cursing, yelling, banging on doors in the hallways. It was an older crowd - men and women in their 50's. The walls are paper thin, you can hear EVERYTHING. I ended up calling hotel security. On top of that, at 2:30 am our thermostat blew a fuse and there was no AC in the room for the rest of the evening. And the bed was too soft. Otherwise, a perfect stay...
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"nice hotel"
Hotel was very nice with a few quickly corrected glitches. Great location!
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
laurie
The staff was very accomodating
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Shawn
Overall good location. Hotel needs to be refurbished.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
The hotel was great, but the parking was way too expensive. We left numerous times and had to pay $12.00 each time we left and re-entered. They should have offer guests a discounted parking for the week-end! Won't stay again. Plus I booked this months ago, but they told me the (2) double beds I reserved were filled. They then went to check in the back and said it was available. a bit confusing!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
lukas
"Luxury stay for a Pirates game!"
Having not seen the Pirates play in 25 years or so (back when they were in Three Rivers Stadium) I decided that the final series with the Brewers would be a good time to take in a couple of games. Frankly, I didn't need a four-star hotel, as my intention was to check late Saturday afternoon, head to PNC Park for the Saturday night game, crash in my room, and then check out, leaving my car in the garage while I saw the Sunday afternoon game. So, I did not spend a lot of time at the hotel except sleeping in my bed. I can't comment on the dining facilities or the in-room Swedish massage, although that would have been a super-nice perk. What I can say is that the room was immaculate, the bed extremely comfortable, the air conditioning quiet effective, and my treatment by the hotel staff excellent. The pool and exercise room looked nice. You could certainly pay less for a motel outside of the downtown district to see a Pirates game, but I found that the comfort of the hotel, convenience of having a safe, easy place to park in the garage below the hotel, and an easy walk to the ballpark through the cultural district well worth the money spent.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very nice, and was convenient to all the downtown Pittsburgh attractions. We enjoyed the fitness studio and found it to be very well equipped. My only criticism would be that the fees for parking were little extreme.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Central, well-placed"
The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The hotel was huge and rather anonymous. My kids were disappointed that the pool was for lap swimming and the hot tub had been covered over. But the lobby staff were friendly and helpful, the bar/restaurant was convenient and not too pricey. A good, convenient place to stay for downtown events.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
generous granny
"Great stay at The Westin"
A bit old but very nice hotel. Customer service couldn't have been better!
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Westin"
Overall satisfactory hotel. Lacking in complimentary amenities such as coffee tea. Room booklet stated if you forgot these items: we will provide complimentary ones. I forgot phone charger. Was directed to gift shop. Coffee pot in the room, no coffee cups!! For $300 per night could have provided those simple complimentary items as advertised.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Gloria
"terrible service"
Charged for valet when we didn't use it at all...someone got free valet! Office won't return calls and front desk staff was a joke during our stay. Very dissatisfied with the level of service- rooms were as expected, nothing spectacular.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice stay, but shuttle service unreliable"
Everything was what I expected for the price, so no issues there. But the shuttle service was unreliable. Everytime we tried to use it, the driver was on break. Don't they have anyone else that can back him up? Plus, apparently the shuttle only seated 6, so you should expect a long wait....when and if the driver ever gets off break.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Too many problems that outweigh the comforts"
I was amazed as we drove up because of the ease to the location, the surrounding neighborhood and the awe of the hotel. However, staff right away did not help to unload the car, give direction to where to park. Not to mention when a hooligan walked past and punched my car the staff didn't care to say anything as he got into a cab at the hotel. Security said they would look into it and did nothing not even a follow up. Once inside and checked in, I was told that we would have our refrigerator sent up right away, meaning it wasn't cold. The fridge arrived warm and smelling like mildew and only about a foot tall, two feet wide.. very small more like a microwave. Our shower was broken so the tub that was gorgeous got no use of what so ever, and during a hotel stay I always like to relax in a nice hot bath. When I called about this they let me know they would come and fix it and never did. One of the most disappointing things is how the room was supposed to have a dvd/blu ray player in it and never did.. nor did the hotel have one for us from another room. We chose this hotel because it was also a sister hotel with the Sheraton holding our convention and had a free shuttle to the Sheraton. We got to use the shuttle two times during our stay and every other time had to pay a cab fair because the shuttle was never reliable and always gone. In all the rooms were comfortable but sorely out shadowed by all the issues.
3 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Nice for conventions"
The hotel was really in a nice area close to the convention center. The area was walkable to many places for meetings and entertaining future clients. The room was clean.
4 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"good downtown locale"
very good, friendly and helpful staff
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Brad
"Cons"
Parking garage is a bit of a walk with $20 charge for a day. For the amount I paid for the room it should have been free. Room was nice and clean but the shower was not working well, only enough shampoo for one person, and no free breakfast. Again for the amount I paid for the room there should have been more.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Traci
"The Good and The Bad"
First, the good. Excellent location for convention center, ball park, and restaurants. Our room was spacious, clean, and the Wi-Fi is free. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The bad, paper thin walls where you can hear conversations in adjoining rooms. In room hair dryer is poor quality. The tv remote did not operate with the tv. It's overpriced.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
G-Man
"Great hotel, great location- close to everything."
Hotel was beautiful. Had a great stay, but had a few concerns. Pool was great, but hot tub was boarded up- really wanted a hot tub, which was part of the reason we chose this hotel. Also, the lights in the sauna didn't work- hard to regulate the settings if you can't see!
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"walking distance to cultural district/Heintz Hall"
Very pleasant stay - friendly staff at Westin! Walking distance to concert halls/theatres which was why we were in Pittsburgh, and numerous restaurants nearby.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Dave & Stacy
"Nice for a one night stay, but just ONE night."
The hotel was clean, but it had an awful odor (old, mildew, dust). We had the air on the lowest it could possibly go, but it was still muggy - not necessarily helping the smell. Also, the TV is very small. But overall, a clean room.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Great customer service at the hotel, the concierge (Carol) was awesome and so helpful. Look forward to staying here again on our next trip to Pittsburgh.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Excellent hotel. Not easy to find the parking lot. Older hotel. But staff was awesome.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Close to PNC a park"
Overall a nice hotel but service for the price was average.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Traveled for my moms birthday. I picked this hotel because of its central location. Hotel was nice and staff was friendly. Loved the comfy mattress! Would def recommend!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Not a very clean hotel"
This place could use a scrub down. At the very least, a 4 star hotel should be clean. The bathroom was dirty (hair on floor and in tub - gross!) and appeared run down. Paint was peeling from the bathroom sink and the walls and doors were scuffed and dirty. It seemed like the Westin took over an old grimy hotel, but only halfway updated it. The fitness center was huge, but the bathrooms were filthy -- it was clear that they had not cleaned the toilets the night before, or at least for some time. Yuck.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Enjoyable stay in a great location!"
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Westin. Especially since our last stay at the Westin Indianapolis where we got robbed in their garage and they didn't see anything with no cameras and wanted nothing to do with servicing their loyal customer. So overall the room was a bit dingy - few stains on the carpet and furniture. Not very many amenities such as food on site but we managed since we were returning from just moving from the area.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
MoneyBall
"Solid option for downtown Pittsburgh"
Hotel itself is pretty and within walking distance of cool stuff downtown. Staff were great. Fitness center is full-service and pretty spacious for a hotel. Lack of on-site laundry was a mild downer, and the separate charge for Internet service is tacky in 2014. Those are minor criticisms, though; overall, it's a legitimate option for anyone who wants to stay downtown.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Anacreon
"Good location for convention center!"
Other than the elevators being slow my stay was good. Workout room is great!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"over-rated and over-priced"
I expected a better room and better service based on the rating and cost. The room was clean and of good size, but no fridge. There was loud hissing noise from the pipe when my toilet or my neighbor's toilet was flushed. The door was not thick enough to stop conservations taking place in the hallway from entering the room and disturbing my sleep. Cafe was way too small. Elevators were too slow at peak hours. People had to go up first in order to go down. Front desk was not staffed sufficiently at peak hours. People did not want to keep standing in line and just threw their key cards on the desk. Front desk staff were not friendly. I did not feel welcomed. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Simon
"Westin near Convention Center"
Our stay at this hotel was very positive. The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable. The pillows, towels and shower were wonderful. We will definitely stay again when we are in Pittsburgh.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Fine, but not designed for kids"
It's a good business/adult travel hotel, but not great for kids.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Stayed over for the Springsteen concert. It was a short walk to the Consol Center. Really enjoyed it.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great hotel with easy access to convention center!"
We were in town for a cheer competition. The facility was more than we expected. It was very nice, clean and everyone was very friendly! My daughter and I especially loved the room service. The food was brought up in a timely fashion and tasted excellent! We also look for a pool to be at any hotel we stay. The pool at this hotel was very nice, my daughter thoroughly enjoyed it! We would definitely stay at the hotel again!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014