All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America

Room is all right
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Had to leave"
Had to leave at 3am. No chance of sleep on uncomfortable bed with noise all night. Convenient location, Beverly Hills, museums... However not worth any price (certainly not $339). Will say that staff is very friendly
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Rusty
"Flea Problem"
Front desk folks were quite charming when I checked-in and all was well. The hotel is old, but in OK condition. The bar attached to it (Churchill) has a cool vibe, though service is tricky. Unfortunately, the morning after my first night there, I noticed that there were tiny bugs in the shower. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was a (substantial) colony of fleas coming up from the drain. I packed up and went down to the front desk to get a new room where I could shower before going to work. I leaned in to the front desk later so as to not alarm other guests in the lobby. She casually whipped a piece of paper out from her desk and added my room number to a list of about 6 other rooms. I can only assume it was a list of other rooms with flea problems. She made no attempt to be discreet about it either. She brought out the manager who told me there were absolutely no other rooms available right then. I asked if they could get me into another hotel, they said they couldn't because I booked through hotels.com. I asked if there was any possible place that I could shower. He offered no assistance. Finally *I* suggested the gym. He said there was a shower in the gym, but said it was just a curtain. A gym shower is better than literally standing in a colony of fleas- no question. Then I went to work and upon returning that afternoon, they had a new room for me. No offer of recompense was made- not even a drink or a free water from the mini bar.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Kate
Nice hotel on 3rd street close to nice resturants. Small but simple bar scene.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Some good, some not so good."
While the staff was courteous, hotel clean and well maintained along with convenient location, the prices for what was received were outrageous. I thought that I had secured a much lower accommodation rate ($130 per night) through Hotels.com, but was surprised to find that it was actually $265. Parking fees and restaurant charges were also excessive. Fitness center was OK, but not sufficiently equipped. Overall, we were unhappy with our stay at the Orlando.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
Mike McDermott
would definitely go back...very satisfied
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Shelley
"Excellent!"
Room was very large for amount paid. Hotel staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly. Excellent location that is close to everything. Walls are very thin as we kept receiving complaints from an overbearing neighbor. Apparently our tv at the lowest level was keeping them awake all night.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
We've always stayed there. Convenient location
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
"near Cedars Hospital"
Fantastic! Staff is excellent - very good to my family.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2014
f. a. nottke
"Great location!"
Room was very nice. Great location with nearby restaurants and shops. In the heart of a great West Hollywood location!!!!
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2014
"Pleasant overnight in a hip neighborhood"
I work near the Orlando and saved myself a late night+ early morning commute, with this brief stay. It was a satisfying choice, well-suited to its geographical niche on a street lined with boutiques, personal care salons, and cafes. If the same need arises, I'll probably be back.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
NJC
"Amazing hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills"
Awesome experience!! Good location and amazing staff!!
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"The Orlando, Los Angeles, California"
It was a very nice, comfortable hotel with a newly renovated room. Our room had a view of the small pool, and overall was very clean and nicely interior furnishings. There was no bathtub in the room, but it was just a standard king. They had complimentary coffee and free wi-fi internet. The Churchill restaurant downstairs is very trendy and offers delicious breakfast.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Great hotel and great location.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2014
Jackie
"Nothing special"
Simple, clean enough and okay room service. Everyone was very nice and it's in a great location. But I was very mislead by the photos. It's really nothing special.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"would stay again"
Great location. Parking is high but overall, the place is nice for LA.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Glorified motel"
I've stayed here twice - was hesitant this second time but the town was full so I decided to give it another try. Pretty poor. Walls are paper thin. Feels like an expensive reno of what was a motel. The staff was friendly but unfortunately that's about all The Orlando has going for it.
4 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
"high expectations from previous reviews met"
Reviews werwe're spot on! I'd stay here again!
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2013
"So-So"
The hotel is old and my hotel room had a balcony on the 2nd floor. When I opened the door to the balcony, there was a wall. Very weird and disappointing. The food thru Room service however was very good and the best part of our stay.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
VJ
"Nice, but Overpriced"
Stinky lobby, stinky hallways, and stinky elevator. The room smelled fine thankfully. Nice room with modern decor and amenities. Snacks were expensive. Noise level was acceptable; relatively quiet AC system. Didn't care for pillows; could have been more fluffy for the price. They were very cheap. The mattress was ok; comfortable. Large flat screen TV with many cable channels. The 24 hour room service was nice although we never used it. Very close to LA farmer's Market.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Wonderful!"
We are frequent visitors to the Hollywood area and were so pleased to find such an exquisite hotel at a reasonable price! The valet and front staff were very friendly! The beds were very comfortable! We will definitely be back!
2 night business trip Dec 21, 2013
"Central hotel exactly where I needed to be."
The Orlando was a surprise find on my recent trip to LA. Looking to stay there again next time I head to the US. A big shout out to Michael on reception.
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
Sam at the front desk should get a raise....I have no idea what he gets but his pleasant smile, can do attitude was awesome.....he made our check in such a joy......
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
dane
"Excellent Hotel"
The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very professional. Expedia had an excellent price on this hotel. I loved my room décor. It was modern, beautiful and very clean. The layout was great - plenty of room.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Fabulous Staff !"
We will return for sure ! Super nice staff. Whoever selects them should get a raise...( No I am not related...lol...
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
Michael Oroisz
Great location -- near the grove. The parking is not great -- valet but not too pricey.
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
"good boutique hotel great location"
excellent
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Dalmus
Nice stay, great place, but just make sure to get a room away from their outdoor restaurant seating or elevator. Busy place so people are out and about until later and it kept me awake and I am not a light sleeper
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2013
"Great boutique hotel"
Always book at the Orlando since we frequently go to Los Angeles. We have never had a bad experience and if there's been a problem (one a dysfunctional tv) te staff promptly had it fixed...we have stayed at other hires in the area but we are most impressed with the Orlando for location,staff courtesy and cleanliness
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Nice hotel close to shopping and restaurants"
The hotel is clean and comfortable. We have stayed at the Orlando a number of times in the last 8 years. The staff is always helpful and pleasant. They pool and patio have recently under gone some upgrades that make it a very pleasant relaxing area.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Gil
"Only reason it's not all 5s..."
The only reason I didn't give this fabulous hotel all 5s is that the air con went out during our stay - a mechanical problem on a very hot day. It was fixed the next day. The staff, who were all fantastic, especially Robert and Joanna, couldn't have been more effective - we were moved to another room as soon as we asked, and our parking was comped for the whole stay to make up for what was really a minor inconvenience. Even the parking staff is excellent - I was able to leave my car, with my drum set clearly visible, in front of the hotel for an hour while we took care of some stuff prior to checking out. Good food and drinks in the restaurant, too, and the location couldn't be better. We will absolutely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
My only negative comment would be the price of drinks in the lounge.
5 night trip Aug 22, 2013
k daley
"The Orlando stay"
Friendly and helpful hotel staff - they were prompt and took care of all of our needs. The hotel is clean, nice and centrally located. Heated pool with pleasant lounge area. Valet parking doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Would definitely stay here again and happy to recommend.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Carl
"Good hotel, great location"
I was traveling for work so wasn't expecting much out of my stay, but this hotel was in a chic but casual neighborhood, well located near great restaurants as well as fun shopping and exercise opportunities and it was just a short drive to plenty of other attractions. It's on a main street but there are very pretty, walkable neighborhoods off the main drag that are fun to explore.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Kate
"A Wonderful Stay at the O"
The front desk personnel and the staff in general were absolutely charming, wonderful and helpful during my stay. I was there for 2 nights, for a memorial service and appreciated my room overlooking the pool (quieter area - away from the downstairs -The Churchill restaurant which draws a large young clientele and equally loud music). By the way I enjoyed the food at the Churchill and liked its convenience. I arrived far too early for check in - but enjoyed checking out the local shops and the lounge was very comfortable for killing time while I was on my Ipad. Note: the pool was available to me as well before checking in as well as hotel Wifi service. . .
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Mrs. Wilson
"Not worth the price!"
Great location but it ends there! Rooms were ok.. Abdolutely NOT worth the price!!!! Not what I expected after seeing photos while booking. Pool was more like a oversized tub.. Never again!
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Small mistakes"
The room is large and basically fine. The shower had no place to put soap. Also no "safety bar." Wifi tries to be good, but in some parts of the room the signal is almost non-existent. Staff is friendly and all have a good attitude.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Great location, service and stay!"
It was great all around.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Smallest pool ever"
Overall we had a good experience, the hotel seems to be recently remodeled. The room was of good size, comfortable bed and pillows, very nice bathroom, overall very comfortable. It's in a good and safe location/neighborhood, with lots of shops and bakeries around it. The hotel's restaurant is very modern and the food is good as well as their drinks. Unfortunatelly we booked the hotel thinking the pool was big enough to swim in itand we relize that is not the case. The pool is so small it could almost be a jacuzzi, the max occupancy is 12 and that would be if you are right next to each other. So if you are looking to enjoy some pool time do not stay here, other than that we would recommend it.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Darren"
Too expensive for what we got
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
Darren
"Great Location but Nothing Else"
I called before we left Dallas to make sure the reservations were all confirmed. I also wanted to let them know we would be a late arrival. They assured me we had a room with a balcony. We got there and immediately there was some concern - they acted like we were walk in customers with no reservations. After a delay - we were given keys to a room - went upstairs - no bellman - carried our luggage - keys do not work - tried numerous times and a lady answers the door - there was already someone staying in the room. Go back downstairs where they tell us they are sold out - I raise a ruckus and all of a sudden there is a room - nothing like what we had reserved but at 10:30 at night we agreed to stay at this room. We got there at 9:30 so after this ordeal for an hour we finally get to the room. I made the mistake of taking my shoes off and my feet were black within 5 minutes. This place was filthy.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Paula
"Nice boutique hotel bad valet setup"
Facilities are nice, but their valet parking area is wayyy to small!
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Great boutique hotel!"
We checked in late but were met with a courteous staff. At first they couldn't find out reservation, but finally did after about five minutes. They upgraded our room for the inconvenience (which was no inconvenience at all)! Now THAT'S customer service! They even called our room a few minutes after we got in the room to make sure we were satisified! The hotel decor is upscale modern. Comfortable bed. Nice amenities.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Great Place to Stay"
Staff was fantastic, accommodating and offered tips on sites to visit. We enjoyed the shops on this block where the Kardashian's "vintage shop." The Magnolia on the corner has the best cupcakes, Katie Holmes favorite. If you're looking for a night spot, several are nearby including 1 in this hotel. We enjoyed our stay and would go back.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"A Home away from Home"
We had to leave our house for 3 day, the stay at the Orlando made it a nice change for us. Thanks
3 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Overall wonderful experience, definite repeat stay"
We had originally chosen another nearby hotel but had an atrocious experience. The Orlando came up in our search results and we decided on a whim to stay here. We could not have made a better choice. The hotel's location was in walking distance to some pretty great restaurants, shops - West 3rd in general was pretty fantastic. Overall the staff was great, particularly Michael who went out of his way to help with a car problem we had. Such a nice guy. One of the other staff members wasn't quite so helpful, not very nice at all, but she was the only one of the bunch. The room was very comfortable. Memory foam pillows, an extremely comfortable bed, nice television, fantastic view. Clean and stylish, we felt very at home during our stay . I can't recommend this hotel enough.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Justin
"Orlando Stay"
Disappointing
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
J
"|ORLANDO \West Hollywood"
I enjoyed my stay, very nice staff and equally efficient and clean rooms.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Most beautiful, luxurious two days stay!"
I booked this hotel last minute when I was already in LA. I decided to stay closer to a conference I was attending. I was absolutely thrilled when I walked in the spacious, clean room! I wanted to stay forever. Large fluffy towels AND a soft robe to use during my stay was such a pampering treat. I enjoyed a meal twice at the attached Churchill restaurant. I would absolutely love to return to LA with my family and stay at the Orlando again. Thank you for making my stay so comfortable
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"Great Hotel and great value."
I've stayed here a few times, and always recommended it to other people. The level of service here has always been very good. A decent bar attached to the hotel is actually pretty good to watch the world go by and there's some great local spots to try out, ie, Joan's on Third and Son of a Gun. The mall isn't a far away either, so if you ever forget anything......
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Rogey Mac
"Nice place!"
Overall, nice hotel. Could use some TLC in some areas, but in general, all was in good condition. Due to location, there is some traffic and street noise, but the staff was accommodating and relocated me to another room.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013