All hotels in Rochester, New York, United States of America
550 East Ave, Rochester, NY, 14607, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Nice neighborhood, great facility"
What you would expect from a hotel like this. Nice hotel, accommodating staff, good location. The only negative is there's not much within walking distance if you arrive late, so if that's you, be sure to get food before you get there.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Overall, below expectations"
1. Poor elevator service, slow, irregular, often used by cleaning staff & food service--no service elevators apparently. 2. There are no bathtubs in entire hotel except in four rooms we were told. The shower stall in the disabled room we were assigned had a disintegrating, broken, mildewed threshold. 3. The management staff were however very obliging and arranged for another room with bath. But in the moving of our belongings to a new room, our phone charger was misplaced however we didn't notice it until our departure. I called & informed the Strathallen that the charger was lost and next day they called to say the cord was found and placed in lost & found so they would send it to me but I was required to pay for the shipping on FedEx.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great hotel undergoing construction"
They're renovating the top floor so it was a bit noisy in the morning
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Kenny
"Spacious living"
The staff was warm and welcoming and attended to all my needs. Very satisfied!!
2 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Nice hotel in town"
Historic town, Nice hotel, Good foods Concenient location
Other trip May 12, 2015
I'm treated like family every time. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"I'm always treated like family."
They remember your name, and they go above and beyond to make sure your stay is the greatest you can experience. I love it here.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Slow elevators"
Need more parking. The elevators were very slow. Breakfast brunch is very good
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Comfy"
Hotel going through construction until June sometime. Little loud.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Stayed one night, they are doing work to the hotel on the roof, new restaurant I believe, so it was a little noisy. They say it will be finished in June. Otherwise very clean & comfortable.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Great location. Free valet parking was extremely helpful!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Strathallan needs to try much harder"
Very poor upkeep. Rooms don't get vacuumed after guest checkout for new guests. Guest services, basic to poor. We cancelled our stay in June booked earlier to alternate hotels close by.
3 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great overnight escape!"
Comfortable stay clean and courteous staff.my husband and I would definetly stay here again!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
The hotel was great, nice area, clean, comfortable rooms & the staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"evening out"
Wonderful
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Beverly
"Good Stay"
Great place to stay. Bathtub drain was not very clean but otherwise it was a great room.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
daniel
"Hotel in the nicest area of Rochester"
Staff was professional and helpful without being obsequious. Cleanliness of room was outstanding. Very quiet (stay was on a Saturday night). Neighborhood is high end with interesting architecture. Enjoyed a visit to the Memorial Art Gallery which was only a few blocks away. Will most definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Awesome Gem in Rochester"
Everyone at this hotel was amazing! The room was a small house and the location and service were stellar and went above and beyond to make sure i was happy. My only issue was the TVs in the machines in the gym didnt work!
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Sara
"Warm cookie, cold service"
The hotel is very clean and well presented. Before we got there, I told my kids all about the warm chocolate chip cookie they'd each be getting which I read about in the reviews here. I didn't find any interaction with the hotel staff to be warm or inviting though, they seemed like they were completing transactions rather than working with people. The restaurant staff were very nice and professional however. Also, the day I checked out I found two $25 charges on my credit card from the hotel, in addition to my regular room charge. I called to inquire and was told it was in case anything was missing from my room and that they take the money as a pre-authorization from me to charge my card for it. I was told "as long as I took advantage of no further amenities" then the two charges would be credited back to me in 3-5 business days. Beautiful hotel but we will not be returning next time we make the trip to Rochester.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Dana
"A great hotel."
Great hotel. Excellent service and a terrific room. Clean. Comfortable bed. Definitely would recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Perfection! (and I'm not easily impressed!)"
Luxurious hotel, loved every second of my stay, especially the first second when they present you with a WARM chocolate-chip cookie-HEAVEN!
3 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Rochelle
"my stay"
interesting room key. pillows too soft for my taste, but having three was almost enough. restaurant personnel were very friendly.
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
David R
OK NOTHING ELSE BUT OK AND TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT IS.
"Home away from Home"
The staff was good. Food was okay. Room was excellent.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Best hotel in Rochester!"
I stayed here for a wedding, and it had beautiful views, a great bar, great staff, the rooms were super comfy and big, overall a great spot
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Kathryn
We loved the hotel except the fact that our room was on the second floor right over the bar patio. The fire pit was going until midnight and there were a lot of people outside drinking and being loud until very late. Ask for a room that is on a higher floor or faces the rear of the building if noise is an issue for you.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"fall getaway in CNY"
Great location, and a wonderful hotel. Close to fantastic eateries, downtown, museums, and in a great walkable neighborhood. Will be returning soon!
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Junko
Wonderfully appointed comfortable hotel...will definitely stay again
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"College Visit"
This was a fantastic hotel, beautiful rooms, lobby and full service bar restaurant. The food was incredible, Try the Australian Rack of lamb, heirloom tomato salad Mac n cheese and burgers for the kids.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
"'paris' in ROC"
recently travelled to ROC for a memorial service, held at Geo. Eastman house, and found online a nearby hotel, the strathallen. made rsv. via expedia, only king available, but submitted a request for 2 queens (traveling w/a family member). upon hotel arrival was greeted by complimentary valet and found the hotel facility to be of the highest calibre yet approachable and comfortable, an oasis in an average urban environment. pleasantly surprised on check in (as we were handed warm chocolate chip cookies) to find we had scored a queen room, which was a lovely, large suite very bright with 2 patios and all the amenities. we went down for dinner at the hotel restaurant, the char steak house, where the cocktails were at par with the best big city bars and in spite of the name, a vegetarian could have an excellent dinner with the chef creating an excellent pasta dish on the fly. won't hide the fact that it was not a deal, pricewise, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and impressive yet understated (for upstate NY) facilities made it a value and an experience we would love to have again!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
g
"Best stay ever"
The Stathallan was recommended for my short overnight in Rochester. I called for a ride from the airport to the hotel and a most curtious driver showed up and wisked me to the hotel. Checked in to find a 4th floor room facing the street with a generous balcony overlooking a beautiful tree lined street. Had a delicious dinner at the bar, crisp calamari and mushrooms, a first rate Cabernet, and fell blissfully asleep, only to wake up refreshed from my stay, have a quick breakfast of oatmeal and coffee and went off to my meeting by the hotel shuttle. The fact that the hotel has been refurbished to present a more contemporary face joins older hotel luxury scaled rooms to contemporary design - a delight indeed.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Henry
"Pleasant hotel close to downtown Rochester."
Hotel is in a convenient location. Plenty of free parking for hotel guests. Late check in was accommodated in a friendly and helpful way. Staff were polite and pleasant.
Liz
Excellent location. Very attractive hotel. Wonderful bathrooms. Good value. Highly recommended
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Kpz
Nice room, lovely view. Just what I wanted for my British guests. They had the best night's sleep of their entire trip. Loved the warm cookies!
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Stayed with my daughter for her birthday. Swam in the pool, which is small, but nice enough. Room was lovely clean and modern. Elevators were slow so we took the stairs. lobby and lounge are beautiful. Enjoyed are complimentary cookies before bed that evening after walking around Alevander street and enjoying the eclectic bars and restaurants in the area!
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Practical Hotel"
The shower was lukewarm and although there was and attempt to fix I ultimately had to be transferred to another room.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Best in Rochester"
Fresh appearance and attractive facilities for an in-town hotel. Boutique-feel with Hilton chain consistency. Cool vibe in the bar. The three seating areas with fire pits were a nice touch. Rooftop area has great potential. Great breakfast in restaurant with outdoor seating was nice (in the summer). Exercise room and indoor pool were new but nothing special. Massage room was a positive offering. Hot tubs would be a good addition.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
treehousedad
Romm was nice, hotel is in a great location. Only problem it was noisy. doors slamming. could hear people talking, the walls must have been very thin. Also you would think they would leave the fire pit on while the bar was open. With approx 20 people outside enjoying the evening and their drinks it could have been left on until 1/2 hour before closing.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Chris M
"Fabulous BEDS and SERVICE"
We stayed here for my brother's graduation from the University of Rochester business school. Convenient to the university in a delightful neighborhood with a lot of great restaurants. Pakring and concierge staff were outstanding and the food in the bar and restaurant was good. The warm chocolate chip cookies on check-in are a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Lovely area and close to must-see sights!"
Our visits to Rochester will include stays at the Strathallan Hotel. It was a restful and pleasant night before our active next day. Simply no complaints. Next time we will use our bicycles to explore the neighborhood and travel the short distance to The National Museum of Play.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Marc Lippman
"Overall outstanding"
Great neighborhood , great room. Room was clean and service was amazing. Nice shops nearby. Close to restaurants and museums. Truly enjoyed my stay.
9 night family trip May 9, 2014
J. Vazquez
"Beautiful"
Love this hotel!
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Tammi
"Still disappointing."
I stayed here a year ago before the renovation and it was awful. After hearing it had been renovated I wanted to give it a second chance. Looks a little bit nicer on the outside now, but still some critical issues. The heating need to be addressed several times during my 2 night stay (it wouldnt turn off). The food needed to be sent back to be cooked properly. MOST ANNOYING: They don't have a service elevator and cater to lots of weddings / special events. That means that any time you want to take the elevator, one of the two is completely occupied by the staff (flowers/settings/room service, etc) or completely stuffed with guests. Every time we wanted to leave we waited at least 12 minutes for an elevator. Annoying.
3 night business trip May 2, 2014
Kerrin
"Would stay again"
The staff at the front desk were quick and courteous. It was if I was expect, despite the hotel was very busy with a wedding and many guest. My last name and 2 minutes later I had my card and was off to my room. The room was clean, with a clean modern decor. Everything was as it should be. There was a smell in the parking lot, but I think it was coming from an adjacent property.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
The transformation of this hotel, from several years ago, continues to amaze me. The overall experience is great, and I enjoy seeing Albert Paley's work on display in the lobby. My only suggestion is with regard to the warm cookie you receive at the time of check-in. My daughter has a nut allergy, and they don't ask that all important question, before handing it to you. It's minor, but I have to be vigilant in that regard.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
"Enjoyable stay"
It was good. Employees friendly and helpful. Parking was a bit of a problem when special events were scheduled for the hotel. Special events parking should be secondary to those staying at the hotel. Paying for valet should not be an option - or a cost - absorbed by the hotel's guest.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Phil
"Downtown Rocks!"
It is a beautiful hotel and served delicious food! Greeters were very friendly. It was within walking distance of a favorite restaurant and the Auditorium Theater where we had tickets for a show that night. It was a little pricey but worth it.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2014
Deirdre
Loved the room very nice and comfortable one little minor problem the floor was wet at the doors when I checked in and I almost slipped and fell...other ten that the stay was wonderful.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
frances
"Nice Gem in an unexpected place"
Not the easiest to find but well worth staying. Rooms are nice and modern, all carpet, etc looks new. Lobby area clean and inviting. The bar/restaurant area comfortable. Food is good and the service is great.
2 night trip Feb 11, 2014
Bernie
Ate at the restaurant as well. Excellent, but pricey!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2014