All hotels in Rochester, New York, United States of America

"Rochester Rocks"
Very good
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
Grahame
"Chic Getaway in Hometown"
Very comfortable hotel in a good neighborhood - close to downtown Rochester and the graceful turn-of-the century architecture (20th c) homes and museums of East Avenue. There are two excellent restaurants - Char (more formal dining) and Hattie's (are rooftop bistro with open space design and views of the city). Our favorite was Hattie's for the small plates which were reasonably priced.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Matthew
Room was a bit noisy and staff didn't really go out of their way to assist.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
"Dependable and comfortable"
this was our second visit to the Strathallan in 3 years, and we purposely chose to return because we had a good experience the first time. Our stay was very short - we arrived at 1:30am and were only there for a night, so not a lot to report. Love the free welcome cookie - much appreciated after a long journey! Would have appreciated if the front desk attendant had noticed that I am a diamond Hilton member and then I wouldn't have had to buy breakfast.
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2015
Ellen
Great place. Will staying there more in the future.
3 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
jay
"a little disappointing"
We chose this hotel because of the noon check out. At 9:30am someone pounded on our door to see if we had already checked out. Not cool. Char was great, the service at dinner was great. The roof top bar was not as pleasant. It was hard to get a drink . It wasn't busy late at night but the bartenders acted as they were doing you a favor by coming over to you. Not anywhere near the level of service the rest of the hotel had.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
jennifer
Stayed one night. Used their shuttle service (free) and enjoyed the wonderful buffet breakfast (the bread was too long for the toaster) but otherwise everything was great.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
"Great place!"
The staff were very friendly. The best part of our stay was their restaurant "Char". Awesome food, our steaks were absolutely the best I've ever tasted. The design of the interior is exceptional!
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Fresh and clean, good neighborhood"
Hotel was in great shape and looked either new or recently renovated. Top end finishes and furnishings. Resort quality even thought it's just a random hotel in a residential neighborhood in Rochester, NY. We were in town for a wedding and were mostly concerned with getting accommodations in a safe part of town. Defintely exceeded our expectations on all fronts.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
"Inviting Getaway"
Hotel staff was very friendly. They gave us warm cookies when we checked in. Did not check out the pool or top floor view that were available. Restaurant/bar staff were friendly & accommodating. Lobby was relaxing with ample seating and a fireplace. Plenty of parking. Located in a great neighborhood.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2015
"One word: AWFUL!"
Agree with the prior review regarding smoke and ventilation issues. Avoid room 326 and anywhere near it. The staff will acknowledge the awfulness with an obnoxious, cheery tone -- but they will NOT do anything to help. It's appalling and infuriating. WORST hotel experience in years.
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
"RUN VERY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!"
Our rooms REEKED OF SMOKE from the poor restaurant ventilation (and open fire pits) below. It burned our eyes. It caused us to hack and cough. The response at the front desk? "We're aware of the issue -- that's what all of the construction back there is about. In the future, it shouldn't be a problem." In the meantime? We paid nearly $300 a night for rooms that we uninhabitable. I get that issues at hotels happen. I try to be understanding. In this case? This hotel staff absolutely knows that these rooms are health hazards and they book people in these rooms with malice and forethought. I have never, ever been more horrified by such intentional, unsympathetic and truly inhumane behavior at any hotel -- let alone one that appears to be trying to be "upscale." You could not PAY ME to spend another moment in this hotel. In summary: save your $ and your health. RUN VERY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
"Great Rochester hotel."
Great suite. Room not made up one of the 3 days we stayed!
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2015
aaron
"The suite life"
Get a suite worth the little extra in price.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2015
An excellent esperience - lovely suite - quiet, comfprtable bed, large bath & roomy (uncomplicated ) shower.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Nice neighborhood, great facility"
What you would expect from a hotel like this. Nice hotel, accommodating staff, good location. The only negative is there's not much within walking distance if you arrive late, so if that's you, be sure to get food before you get there.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Overall, below expectations"
1. Poor elevator service, slow, irregular, often used by cleaning staff & food service--no service elevators apparently. 2. There are no bathtubs in entire hotel except in four rooms we were told. The shower stall in the disabled room we were assigned had a disintegrating, broken, mildewed threshold. 3. The management staff were however very obliging and arranged for another room with bath. But in the moving of our belongings to a new room, our phone charger was misplaced however we didn't notice it until our departure. I called & informed the Strathallen that the charger was lost and next day they called to say the cord was found and placed in lost & found so they would send it to me but I was required to pay for the shipping on FedEx.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great hotel undergoing construction"
They're renovating the top floor so it was a bit noisy in the morning
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Kenny
"Spacious living"
The staff was warm and welcoming and attended to all my needs. Very satisfied!!
2 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Nice hotel in town"
Historic town, Nice hotel, Good foods Concenient location
Other trip May 12, 2015
I'm treated like family every time. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"I'm always treated like family."
They remember your name, and they go above and beyond to make sure your stay is the greatest you can experience. I love it here.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Slow elevators"
Need more parking. The elevators were very slow. Breakfast brunch is very good
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Comfy"
Hotel going through construction until June sometime. Little loud.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Stayed one night, they are doing work to the hotel on the roof, new restaurant I believe, so it was a little noisy. They say it will be finished in June. Otherwise very clean & comfortable.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Great location. Free valet parking was extremely helpful!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Strathallan needs to try much harder"
Very poor upkeep. Rooms don't get vacuumed after guest checkout for new guests. Guest services, basic to poor. We cancelled our stay in June booked earlier to alternate hotels close by.
3 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great overnight escape!"
Comfortable stay clean and courteous staff.my husband and I would definetly stay here again!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
The hotel was great, nice area, clean, comfortable rooms & the staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"evening out"
Wonderful
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Beverly
"Good Stay"
Great place to stay. Bathtub drain was not very clean but otherwise it was a great room.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
daniel
"Hotel in the nicest area of Rochester"
Staff was professional and helpful without being obsequious. Cleanliness of room was outstanding. Very quiet (stay was on a Saturday night). Neighborhood is high end with interesting architecture. Enjoyed a visit to the Memorial Art Gallery which was only a few blocks away. Will most definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Awesome Gem in Rochester"
Everyone at this hotel was amazing! The room was a small house and the location and service were stellar and went above and beyond to make sure i was happy. My only issue was the TVs in the machines in the gym didnt work!
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Sara
"Warm cookie, cold service"
The hotel is very clean and well presented. Before we got there, I told my kids all about the warm chocolate chip cookie they'd each be getting which I read about in the reviews here. I didn't find any interaction with the hotel staff to be warm or inviting though, they seemed like they were completing transactions rather than working with people. The restaurant staff were very nice and professional however. Also, the day I checked out I found two $25 charges on my credit card from the hotel, in addition to my regular room charge. I called to inquire and was told it was in case anything was missing from my room and that they take the money as a pre-authorization from me to charge my card for it. I was told "as long as I took advantage of no further amenities" then the two charges would be credited back to me in 3-5 business days. Beautiful hotel but we will not be returning next time we make the trip to Rochester.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Dana
"A great hotel."
Great hotel. Excellent service and a terrific room. Clean. Comfortable bed. Definitely would recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Perfection! (and I'm not easily impressed!)"
Luxurious hotel, loved every second of my stay, especially the first second when they present you with a WARM chocolate-chip cookie-HEAVEN!
3 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Rochelle
"my stay"
interesting room key. pillows too soft for my taste, but having three was almost enough. restaurant personnel were very friendly.
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
David R
OK NOTHING ELSE BUT OK AND TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT IS.
"Home away from Home"
The staff was good. Food was okay. Room was excellent.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Best hotel in Rochester!"
I stayed here for a wedding, and it had beautiful views, a great bar, great staff, the rooms were super comfy and big, overall a great spot
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Kathryn
We loved the hotel except the fact that our room was on the second floor right over the bar patio. The fire pit was going until midnight and there were a lot of people outside drinking and being loud until very late. Ask for a room that is on a higher floor or faces the rear of the building if noise is an issue for you.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"fall getaway in CNY"
Great location, and a wonderful hotel. Close to fantastic eateries, downtown, museums, and in a great walkable neighborhood. Will be returning soon!
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Junko
Wonderfully appointed comfortable hotel...will definitely stay again
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"College Visit"
This was a fantastic hotel, beautiful rooms, lobby and full service bar restaurant. The food was incredible, Try the Australian Rack of lamb, heirloom tomato salad Mac n cheese and burgers for the kids.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
"'paris' in ROC"
recently travelled to ROC for a memorial service, held at Geo. Eastman house, and found online a nearby hotel, the strathallen. made rsv. via expedia, only king available, but submitted a request for 2 queens (traveling w/a family member). upon hotel arrival was greeted by complimentary valet and found the hotel facility to be of the highest calibre yet approachable and comfortable, an oasis in an average urban environment. pleasantly surprised on check in (as we were handed warm chocolate chip cookies) to find we had scored a queen room, which was a lovely, large suite very bright with 2 patios and all the amenities. we went down for dinner at the hotel restaurant, the char steak house, where the cocktails were at par with the best big city bars and in spite of the name, a vegetarian could have an excellent dinner with the chef creating an excellent pasta dish on the fly. won't hide the fact that it was not a deal, pricewise, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and impressive yet understated (for upstate NY) facilities made it a value and an experience we would love to have again!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
g
"Best stay ever"
The Stathallan was recommended for my short overnight in Rochester. I called for a ride from the airport to the hotel and a most curtious driver showed up and wisked me to the hotel. Checked in to find a 4th floor room facing the street with a generous balcony overlooking a beautiful tree lined street. Had a delicious dinner at the bar, crisp calamari and mushrooms, a first rate Cabernet, and fell blissfully asleep, only to wake up refreshed from my stay, have a quick breakfast of oatmeal and coffee and went off to my meeting by the hotel shuttle. The fact that the hotel has been refurbished to present a more contemporary face joins older hotel luxury scaled rooms to contemporary design - a delight indeed.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Henry
"Pleasant hotel close to downtown Rochester."
Hotel is in a convenient location. Plenty of free parking for hotel guests. Late check in was accommodated in a friendly and helpful way. Staff were polite and pleasant.
Liz
Excellent location. Very attractive hotel. Wonderful bathrooms. Good value. Highly recommended
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Kpz
Nice room, lovely view. Just what I wanted for my British guests. They had the best night's sleep of their entire trip. Loved the warm cookies!
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Stayed with my daughter for her birthday. Swam in the pool, which is small, but nice enough. Room was lovely clean and modern. Elevators were slow so we took the stairs. lobby and lounge are beautiful. Enjoyed are complimentary cookies before bed that evening after walking around Alevander street and enjoying the eclectic bars and restaurants in the area!
Other trip Jul 24, 2014