All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1201 Market St, Philadelphia, PA, 19107, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Valentine's day 2014"
My husband and I had a lovely little stay for Valentine's Day. Our room was clean and we were greeted with champagne at check in. The location was great for us as we were in town for the sole purpose of gorging on authentic Chinese food.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Summer
"Nobody cares"
Don't bother about pleading your case no one cares about how you feel or how uncomfortable you are with whatever situation that came across while I was staying at this place
Response by Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. I would like to apologize for the uncaring service you received from our staff. Your feedback is vital in our continued effort to improve our guests’ overall experience and we will be utilized to make improvements in our service. We appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Jose
"It was a very nice hotel"
I enjoyed the clean room and the huge space. My tv did not work but that was alright. Overall I would stay here again.
Kaitlyn
"Nice weekend getaway with kids"
Went with 2 teens and 4 adts really nice played in the pool went to dinner.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Louis
"Mediocre Marriott"
Perhaps I was expecting this to be something extravagant. The Marriott is typically an upscale, elegant establishment. The room was standard, the bed was overwhelmingly comfortable. They could have spared a few more towels in the room, but no problem.. we simply asked for them. Overall, I believe I got my hopes up entirely, expecting an extraordinary stay... it was relatively simplistic and nothing fancy. The hotel is conveniently located to just about everything, mostly within walking distance.
Response by Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we are sorry we have fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your disappointment. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to be used in our continued efforts to improve our product and services.
S.
Hotel staff was very informative and friendly. Location was perfect and the room was well kept and clean. Our only gripe was that there was no hot water in the shower and the tv kept turning itself on.
Response by Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback both positive and negative. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced due to the water and tv issues. Thank you again for your time and consideration. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Philadelphia Marriott.
This was the second time that we stayed at this hotel. Our first stay was very pleasant and enjoyable and we expected the same during this stay. Our experience was less satisfying this time. It began upon arrival on Valentine's Day at about 5:30pm. We were informed that there was no valet parking available. I had to drive to a parking garage two blocks away and leave the car there overnight. That would have been fine, except that it was bitterly cold. Upon check in, we were informed that there were no King bed rooms available, even though our reservation was for a King room. They told us that the room type was not guaranteed, but our Expedia reservation form said that it was confirmed. We were given a Double instead. Not very romantic, but we made it work. We went to the lobby bar area for a few drinks and it took forever. Only one waitress seemed be serving the whole area. The next morning, we were getting ready and smelled a very strong odor of cigarette smoke coming into the bathroom area. We were in a non-smoking room and that was disappointing. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was nice. Overall, the combination of misses led to a less than stellar experience which we usually have when staying at most Marriott properties.
Response by Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity to benefit from your feedback. I would like to apologize that we were unable to accommodate your parking and room preference. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department leaders. Your feedback will be used in quest to improve the service we offer. Thank you again for your time and consideration, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
C
"A Valentine's Day Surprise"
I didn't think it was going to be a good night. By the time we arrived, the valet parking was full, it was snowing, and I couldn't get reservations for dinner. When we got to our room, there was ozone machine going, apparently to get rid of the odor left from the previous guest. I called the front desk, and a very pleasant gentleman told me that there weren't any more king rooms, but he would see what he could do. Just as I was saying to my partner "We have the worst luck," the gentleman on the phone said "Your luck is about to change. We're going to put you in the Marquee Suite." I've heard of things like this happening to people, but never expected it to happen to me. Our room was as lovely as our host. Living area, dining area, king bed, large bath with jacuzzi tub, entry hall, and lots of closets. There was a wine store across the street, we got take-out from Maggiano's (also across the street), and had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner watching the snow fall from our luxury accommodations.
Robyn
"Easy, great location and lovely staff"
It was easy to book through Expedia and checking in at the hotel was a very simple process. I just booked for one night so my friends and I could have a place to stay in Center City after a night out. The hotel was a quality, affordable option. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and clean, in a perfect location in Market East, close to Reading Terminal and other essential Philly must-see spots. We didn't have many needs from the staff, but they were very helpful when one of my guests arrived late and the rest of us had to leave for dinner. I went to down to the desk, gave them her name and they took care of the rest. I would absolutely recommend staying here and will come back!
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Stacey
"Marriott Downtown - Great Location"
Marriott is a nice hotel in a great spot - next to reading market and convention center. Parking is always a challenge but otherwise great. Comfortable room.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Mary K
"Great hotel, great location & impeccable service."
The hotel is in center city, within one block of city hall, the convention center, & the terminal market. Head 10 blocks in any direction and you will find 4 star restaurants; go 5 blocks west on Market Street to visit the historic Independence Hall & Liberty Bell. The ENTIRE staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Nice place to stay in the middle of the city."
Quiet room and very clean. Would stay here again! In the middle of the city and convenient to everything.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
JK
"VALET THEFT RAMPANT!!!"
Hotel itself is nice, clean, hotel staff itself is terrific , the problem is the valet service run by Townepark corporation. My cell phone was stolen from my vehicle when we used the valet service. We were told its safer to park using the valet service at the hotel as opposed to the public lot across the street (which is cheaper) because its a secure parking garage. WRONG!.... As Im standing there waiting for a service member to escort me to my vehicle to look for my phone there was another young lady outside waiting for police ......Can you guess why???? Minutes before my phone was stolen , another guest who accidentally left her phone in the car, had hers stolen as well. If you go 1) DO NOT USE THE VALET SERVICE AT THE HOTEL!!!- they also will tell you one fee, then they add on other fees once you go to check out !!. According to reports on other sites this isn't a isolated event at the Marriot Downtown Philadelphia !
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
nice hotel- super clean room-great location
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Jeffrey
"Good stay"
Comfortable in great location
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Awesome Hotel in the Heart of Philly"
Great hotel. Perfect location within walking distance of many of Philadelphia's greatest attractions... The staff were unbelievably helpful and kind... very clean, very comfortable, overall a great place to stay when in Philadelphia. I would definitely plan to stay here again when I return.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
B.
"Lovely hotel in a great location"
Staff was friendly and location was great. Right across the street from Reading Terminal Market. AKA food heaven. Great trip!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Uncle Bo
"Lucked Out"
This hotel turned out to be conveniently located near the Reading Terminal Market and Chinatown, which was great because it rained/downpoured the entire time we were in Philly, so having a hotel near the Reading Terminal Market, where we didn't have to go outside to even get to the market -- the hotel has a connector to the market and the beautifully restored train station. It made our trip much more enjoyable being close to such neat tourist attractions. The Italian Market and King of Prussia Mall were excellent, too!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Sandy
"Great location for us"
We wanted to be centrally located to get around to our Philly relatives and close to Reading Terminal because we planned to eat there every day we were in Philadelphia. We couldn't do any better than the Downtown Marriott, since it is across the street from Reading Terminal.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
tracy
Was staying here on NYE. Got a great deal booking in advance. Quality hotel room I would expect from a Marriott. Incredibly comfortable bed, great bathroom.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Great Hotel and Location"
It was a relaxing stay.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
New Years Eve stay. We chose the Marriott due to its location. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff saying "Happy New Year" and a glass of champagne. The room was a comfortable size and nicely decorated. At the end of the night we had a cocktail at the central bar where the wait staff was accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"A nice layover stay"
lovely hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms. My fiancé and I were going to a NYE show in the area then I was flying out of Philly the next day so the Marriott was an excellent layover stop to rest and recharge after the show and before my flight.
Erica
"new year's eve"
It was great, but the beds could be a bit more comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
The staff was friendly and I would recommend the Marriott to any individual who is looking for a nice place to stay in Center City, Philadelphia at a reasonable rate. Excellent service!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"new years eve stay"
The main desk was very busy but was able to expedite our check in!
Lori
"New Year's Eve"
Everything was great. Both the hotel and room were above expectations, but the beds could have been a bit more comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Convenience at a Fair Price"
We were there just for the location, on new years eve. Close to the Kimmel Center, Ruth Chris Steak House - and the rate was very competitive when I booked it 10 days in advance. Check in was the easy, very polite and anxious to please. We did not use the other services of the Hotel at all.
Herme
I had a great experience. However I wish that wifi was offered complimentary.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Anthony
"Good location and bedding."
We stayed on New Years Eve. We were greeted by a choice of champagne or hot chocolate at the front desk. Very nice touch. The bedding was super comfortable. The fan in the bathroom did not work, but overall it was a good experience.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
suzi
"Nice hotel. Good location."
Room could have been in better shape, but it was a great rate for around New Years. Lobby was clean and the Starbucks in the lobby was convenient. Right next to the reading terminal.
Response by Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay, our great location and cleanliness. We are sorry to hear that the hotel was not up to your expectations. Your feedback is an integral part of our continuous improvement process. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great Center City location"
Wonderful place and convenient
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Ferdinand
"Anniversary"
Manager sent wine up to our room for our anniversary.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Amazing"
Amazing
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Christmas 2014"
Hotel was nice and clean. Everyone was friendly. Perfect location for site seeing at Christmas time. Just across from the hotel was Macy's and the Reading Terminal. A block or two away you had City Hall, Love Park Christmas village and the Comcast building.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Nice place. Everything was within walking distance.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"hotel review"
This hotel is close to everything downtown
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Dennis
"Quiet room/comfortable bed."
I have stayed at this Marriot before for conferences. It is a reliable hotel. I would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Awesome hotel"
Awesome hotel. Love the Starbucks inside and the bar/lounge area to wind down after a long day of being a tourist.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Great downtown location."
Overnight stay to visit friends. Close to great restaurants, parks, and public transportation.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Kristin
This is the second time I have stayed at the downtown Marriot. It is in a very convenient location. Each time my room has been very inviting. I enjoyed my stay and recommend this hotel!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Convenient place, everything is near"
If you come to Philadelphia for big event (such as conference) held in the Convention Center, I would highly recommend to stay at Marriot because it has a direct connection bridge to the meeting place. Restaurant, department store, bus stop, everything is near. Room was nice too.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Elisa
"birthday night"
parking and getting to the hotel via valet was a night mare due to the number of large events going on. I know there is not much you can do about it but it was frustrating at best trying to figure out where to go. maybe someone stationed at the entrance to move cars to other parking lots might help.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Lucia
Good except for the attitude of the bell hop. Very convenient to the convention center.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Irish Dance Competition - Oireachtas 2014"
Our family stayed in Tower Room, 3rd floor, near elevator for the dance competition. Quiet room even though near elevators. We mistakenly made duplicate reservations and hotel staff (David) allowed us to cancel one of the reservations by phone after the hotel's formal cancellation deadline so no charges were incurred--we are incredibly grateful for that kindness. Room was spacious, spotless and ready early in the day, which we also appreciated. Everyone from the valets, porters, desk staff, housekeeping, conference room attendants, security, etc. was noticeably friendly and helpful. They acted like they cared and it showed. I travel a lot for work and the staff at this Marriott was top notch and really on their game during our stay. Truly impressive. In addition to the super personnel, I know it takes great management to get a staff to rally like that, so well done Marriott!
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Kathleen
"The Mid Atlantic Oireachta's"
This trip was all about a dance competition, It's was called the Mid Atlantic Oireachta's Irish dance competition.
1 night business trip Nov 29, 2014
Kenneth
"2014 Oireachtas weekend"
Everything was great, hotel staff were wonderful, room was clean and comfortable. the only issue was the elevators. It was a very busy weekend at the hotel and only 2 elevators in each section were running had to take the stairs most of the time.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Deirdre
"Unexpected stop over"
My husband was transferred to Jefferson Hosptial for testing. I needed somewhere close to the hospital to stay the night. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room service staff were excellent.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Below average for such a pricey hotel"
Only location and cleanliness of hotel is a plus. Wifi rates are overinflated.
Response by Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay, guest room cleanliness and the hotel’s great location. Rest assured that our Wi-Fi rates are competitive for full-service hotels in Philadelphia; also, we do offer complimentary access in our lobby. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014