All hotels in Bayside, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here220-33 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11361, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Much Improved"
Having stayed here many times over the years due to the close proximity of where I need to visit while in Bayside, I've noticed many improvements - especially after Best Western took over. The rooms have been refreshed with new carpets, beds, bathrooms, and paint. There was a time when I seriously considered never coming back. It had gotten really dirty, smelly, and yucky. As long as they keep the place clean and spruced up, I will return. And most importantly, the shower runs hot with a strong stream of water. Excellent.
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Stephen, Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this Survey and share your experience with us. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed our renovation, and happy it made you change your mind about staying with us again. I can promise you that we will work our best to maintain, or even improve if possible, our services, and we will be looking forward to see you again. Feel free to contact us directly if we can help with any future inquiries, Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside NY
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Stephen
"Decent hotel, small room"
Great location, nice enough for the price but room was pretty small. Breakfast was a good feature.
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Eddie, Thank you very much for taking the time to answer our Survey and to share your experience with us. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly our location and our complimentary amenities. We will be looking forward to see you soon again, Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside, NY
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Eddie
"Walking distance to LIRR"
Good location for my needs. Friendly, helpful staff.
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear D, Thank you for taking the time to answer our Survey and share your experience. I am very glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly our customer services. We will be looking forward to see you very soon again. Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
D
"Best deal in the area of the USMMA"
This is the best place you can get near the US Merchant Marine Academy for less than $300 a night. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful throughout our stay, and the complimentary breakfast is surprisingly very good. Everything was excellent.
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Wayne Thank you very much for taking the time to answer our Survey, and share your experience with us. i am very glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay, and mostly our complimentary amenities, as well as our customer services. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside, NY
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Wayne
"Ok"
For the price it was way too much however that is how much they typically run for on that side of town. You can go a bit east in Long Island and get a similar price fairly decent hotel than this. Parking is pretty tight and rooms are very small. Bathrooms are pretty tight too. On a funnier side you will have to go in reverse to use the bathroom as there is no room for you inside to make a u turn.
6 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Zia Ahmed
"Convenient Hotel with Parking"
The beds were amazingly comfortable with very soft sheets. The bathroom has a toilet and bathtub/shower (small). Vanity sink is outside the bathroom. The rooms are on the smaller side, however, they have frig, microwave, flat screen TV. The staff at front desk was very helpful and friendly. It was a bit pricey for what it was even booking it through hotels.com. We wanted to stay very close to the event we were going to and there were only 3 hotels to choose from and none of them had availability for that weekend unless booked through hotels.com. I would recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Queens.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
N
"Small Rooms"
Small Rooms.Clean linens ! Airconditioning is old and couldnt keep temp below 73 on hot days. Staff is friendly. Parking is very tight and you have to find your ways in between the pillars to park at certain spots in reverse.
5 night trip Jun 18, 2014
FS
"Fine, but not much for the price"
Safe neighborhood, stayed for a triathlon and the front clerk was very nice and helpful, let us store our bikes in a private room when the elevator was broken.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"staff is good but accommodations are not"
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel needs fixing up. There isn't anything in the neighborhood except a Wendy's and Burger King. I found a dead bug on the bed. Not sure if it was a bedbug.
4 night trip May 29, 2014
"mio acomodacione"
very nice!!!!!coming back again soon...friendly personnel....
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Victor Conte, Thank you for taking the time to answer our Survey. I am so glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us: our customer services, as well as the location of our hotel. I will be happy to pass on your appreciation to the Marbella Restaurant as well. We will be looking forward to see you soon again, Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside NY
Other trip May 18, 2014
victor conte
"Good Budget Hotel"
This is a no frills hotel but it is clean and has everything needed for a hotel stay plus it has free wifi and a free hot breakfast. The worst comment I have is that the sheets are thin. However, It's only about a half hour's ride into NYC via the LIRR. It provides a great alternative to pricey NYC hotel rates.
Other trip May 14, 2014
Ms MG
"A night at the Bayside"
Good value, great location, nice room, tight bathroom, but it served the purpose... The bedt lobby coffee and a decent free breakfast, and free parking... It's a deal...
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Customer, Thank you very much for staying with us at the Best Western Hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us: our customer services, our complimentary amenities, as well as the location of our hotel. If there is anything we could do to make it even better for you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at 718-631-4900. Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside NY
Other trip May 12, 2014
Ty
"Had a nice stay"
Had a funeral in Bayside. Great location. Safe parking. Very nice staff
Other trip May 11, 2014
donald
Everything was perfect during our stay. Free parking was the best...
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Customer, Thank you very much for staying with us at the Best Western Hotel. I am so glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and how much your appreciated our amenities. We will be looking forward to see you soon again. Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside NY
Other trip May 11, 2014
"convenient"
Clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Overcharged"
They charged me $2700 for a $300 room. They just submitted the charge over and over and over again and cleaned out my bank account. My bank told me that they have 15 days to return the money before the bank can get involved. The hotel says they refunded the money but I'm still waiting for the money to go back into my account. This does not make for a fun vacation.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Close to relatives"
We selected this hotel because of convenience of family that live in Bayside.however, room was a little small for a 6 night stay. Bathroom was very tight ,.It would have been nice to have had a comfortable chair or loveseat to watch TV The bed was extremely comfortable and that convinced us to stay.Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was a convenience. Keurig coffee maker was also a pleasant surprise Also, staff was courteous, helpful and obliging in all our requests. Breakfast was included and was adequate as well as convenient. Restaurants on Bell Ave were within walking distance and very good.
6 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
Raymond
BADLY IN NEED OF REHAB!
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great location for visits with family in Bayside"
I was happy to have stayed at the Best Western in Bayside, NY. The room was perfect for my needs, equipped with microwave, fridge, WiFi, and extensive TV service. The hotel's proximity to a very good restaurant that stayed open late was another plus. (Marbella has excellent food and the wait staff are professionals.) Housekeeping is excellent. The complimentary breakfast buffet is another plus. My only negative comments are in reference to the location of my room--right next to the elevator--and the condition of the bathroom door, which looked like it needed a fresh coat of paint.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Greatly improved"
Stayed here a few times over the years because of its location and it has improved tremendously. On our last visit it was clean, quiet, and the full breakfast was welcome. Better than the other hotels in the area. We will stay again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"N.Y. trip"
It was an overall great experience the beds were really comfortable.
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear customer Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience at the Best Western Hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the comfort of our beds. We will be looking forward to welcome you back soon again, Best regards Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Bayside, NY
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice place to spent one night"
as i said Nice place to spent one night.No more than one night. Kind of small room. besides,everything here is so good .
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
achilles
"2 Night Stay for local wedding"
For a 2 night stay in the area we needed to be in for a local wedding, this Best Western was perfectly fine & better than their competition across the street! Front desk manager and housekeeping staff was extremely helpful and courteous with any requests. Parking on site was a huge plus as was proximity to highways. Aside from the rooms being on the small side which is in no way a reflection on the staff, I'd give hotel a 4.5+ based on our short stay.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Lovey
"nice hotel for short visit to New York"
It is a simple hotel but nice. I stayed here for a day visit to New York and the hotel is right for my purpose.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Antony
"You get what you pay for."
Noisy on Saturday night. Band played in restaurant 2 floors below. Heater made a lot of noise also. Parking was tight. Small lot which was shared with restaurant. Note restaurant is not part of hotel. Does anyone know why hotels put in nice flat screen HDTVs but don't have any HD content?
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
JR
"Reasonable"
Great location! Very friendly staff. Would recommend to anyone
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"got a lot of work done in my room"
Loved the coffee-latte machine and morning muffins. Front Desk people were very helpful
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Leslie
"Small but nice"
Pleasant staff, close to restaurants! Room was small but it was comfy and cozy
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Diamond
"Modest"
Rooms small - bathrooms very cramped - can't really close the door to get in or out - paper thin walls - first room shown was not a smoke-free room - and yet we were in a smoke-free hotel. The list could go on...
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
WIlbur
"Not much selection in area"
It was just ok. Was at the Sheraton the night before so not a close comparison. The hotel used to be the Ramada, but not much has changed. The rooms got a little upgrade but nothing major.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
Tony
"Good for an overnight"
The hotel is okay .. I would only stay again if I needed to stay for one night .. The rooms are ridiculously small .. Besides that it was fine .. Nothing to brag about
Response by Best Western Bayside Inn
Dear Customer, Thank you for completing the survey. I understand the room you were in was not at your convenience. All the rooms have approximately the same size, however we do have a few of them, situated at the corner of the hotel, which are slightly bigger. Please feel free to request for it on your next reservation. Best regards, Vinnie Malhotra General Manager Best Western Hotel, Bayside NY
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
The hotel overall was comfortable. Parking was easy and adequate, room was clean and well equipped, having the mini fridge and microwave is convenient. Although the restaurant is not affiliated with the hotel we had a wonderful dinner there so it was great that we only had to come down the elevator
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
Jackie
"Pleasant surprise!"
I went to this hotel after being stranded at JFK airport during a snowstorm. The staff was very helpful and accommodating especially since I did not know how long I would be staying. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and the wireless internet was fast and reliable. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Just one night.......hmmmmm....."
Hmmmmmm..... no complain,but price is way high I think.........
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
"convenient"
enjoyed the convenience of the location and the rate
4 night trip Nov 12, 2013
"Not Bad, just cramped"
My wife wanted a hotel on the bus line versus taking a shuttle to the subway. We had been staying at hotel closer to JFK and she did not like taking the shuttle to the airtran and then the subway. Long story short, Best Western was better than ok bbut not as good nice as where we have been staying. Rooms were smaller, beds were acceptable but not as comfortable as the other hotel. NO free Breakfast, no Free Roll away bed. For what we saved, i didn't think it was worth it. There was way less parking here and actuallt had to park in the unlit lot at the hotel next door (which they also owned). It was convienient to fast food and such. Would i stay here again? Sure, but only if my other hotel is booked.
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice place ..expensive for the overall quality"
Place is nice...very clean rooms..comfy beds..expensive for size and location but what do u expect for NYC ..
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Close but no cigar"
uncomfortable beds & pillows tiny bathroom. didn't eat there so can't comment on restaurant
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Clean, Comfortable, Satisfactory"
This was the most reasonable option for our stay in New York. It was close to public transportation, but a bit far from La Guardia. Very helpful and pleasant staff. the in-house restaurant was excellent and romantic.
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
"Good hotel close to train station"
It was disappointing, internet connection not working all the time, no breakfast served.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
kim
"Within expectations"
Hotel was in the middle of major renovations. Which should have been noted somewhere. Arrived to see the carpets being ripped up and workers everywhere. Awoke at 8:30 to someone scraping the paint off the doorway and tearing up the hallway carpet. Overall, this will be a better hotel when renovations are finished. The rooms were clean. They were not large or quiet, but that was expected.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Greg
Hotel was undergoing repairs, but was not an inconvenience.
Other trip May 22, 2013
"hotel in queens close by bay"
very enjoyable--will do again
3 night trip May 2, 2013
"Good enough for 3 star"
It was good enough, I was quite enjoying it. The only thing that the AC in my room was too cold and it's hard for me to sleep, but thank God the front desk come to my rescue and turn off the AC for me. Also Samantha was very good, the morning front desk, when I need the hair scuncci to pull my hair up so it won't get wet when I shower since I was using the shower cap, she wouldn't mind to bring me up some rubber ban. Good enough and save my trip to the store. :)
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"Old Hotel not worth the price"
The room I had didn't have a thermostat even connected in it just the wires hanging out of the wall. When I asked the front desk I was told that is all they had. The shower currton was ripped in four different places. The hallways are dark and smell of stall smoke. Meanwhile in the elevator you might wonder if you are going to make it since it is noisy and shakes as it moves. The hotel is located on a main road, and is backed by houses, but in its parking lot has signs that state to remove the GPS units because cars have be broken and they were stollen.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2013
"Decent for the money"
The first impression from the outside is.. it's old. When you walk up to the desk, there's only one person manning checking counter. and sometimes he/she is absent for some reason. bathroom perhaps? the room is small but expected. The size of the bathroom was what i didnt' expect. the bathroom is so small it barely fits a toilet and the shower tub. the sink is outside the bathroom next to the door of the room. but on the upside, the room was clean, microwave, parking, wifi, refridgerator, was available. bummed out because of no breakfast, but it was significantly cheaper than the other ones to go buy my own breakfast and still save money. Overall i enjoyed the stay. Will continue to come back if the price is right.
3 night trip Mar 29, 2013
traveler
Overall it was OK
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
"It's all good"
Having construction, did not care about light did not work, no break fast given, small bathroom, no mirror in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
After the first night, the bedspreads were removed from the beds. When I reported it to the office, blankets were brought up to the room to replace them, one of which was very crummy. Bedspreads were never returned. Never sure why that happened. We did not soil them or anything. Very strange! The rooms are VERY close quarters but clean and clean linens.
3 night trip Dec 29, 2012
Denise
"Check this hotel out"
I had a good hotel experience. The room was clean and didn't smell. It got hot at times, but was comfortable once you put the air conditioner on. The bathroom was clean. Great staff. Great location. Only a 15 minute walk to the LIRR station and you could walk 5 minutes to get food.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013