All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
1590 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel Rooms Need Serious Attention"
We have stayed here several times. The public areas of the hotel are quite nice. However, our room was terrible, mainly because we were stuck in a disabled room that had been poorly remodeled. The bathroom in particular was atrocious, featuring poor design and craftsmanship. The hotel owners need to put some money into the rooms and find someone who will do the job right. Too many things to list.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Beautiful, Quaint Hotel, excellent staff"
We enjoyed the beauty of the hotel and loved all of the antiques. We were able to check in early and they upgraded our room. The only thing that could have been better was the water pressure in the shower. The price was excellent. We would stay here again!
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
Nathan
"haunted hotel!!! :)"
really great. so beautiful. we only learned the history of the hotel once we got there... it's haunted!
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
prentice
"Great Stay, Awesome Hotel"
awesome hotel, the staff is the BEST at any hotel Ive stayed at in the City. The Concierge goes the distance to help in any way.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Dean
"Nice hotel. Not great location"
Super nice hotel, friendly staff, nice room. Not great location.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Romantic hotel for lovers."
Wonderful three nights. Breakfast was excellent as was the free sherry in the lobby in the afternoons. Parking was a little difficult across the street from the hotel in the tiney little lot. The hotel had the fabulous classic charm and beauty of a 19th century luxury hotel.
3 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
JOSEPH
"A taste of old San Fran"
Loved this hotel! We wanted a place that captured the feel of old San Francisco and this place was everything we hoped for! Impressive front room with warm fireplaces and lots of antiques in comfy, cozy conversation groupings. Coffee and tea on a sideboard available at all hours. Clean, comfortable room and breakfast in the dining room in the morning. Sigh - sooo nice. It is in a quiet neighborhood just blocks from Fillmore street with great restaurants and shops. We walked there easily and the staff suggested the best places for a fantastic time. We would definitely come here again!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Lori
"Queen Anne Hotel"
The hotel staff was extremely kind, thoughtful and accommodating. The afternoon sherry and cookies were a nice touch. The hotel was convenient to many places we wanted to see. The bed - a most important thing - was very comfortable. The hotel was nostalgic of yesteryear, and that was very special. We were a party of four, and we all enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We had no complaints. Even the other guests at the hotel were friendly.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Lou
"Quiet and Charming Retreat"
I enjoyed the hotel and its atmosphere.
4 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Fun in San Francisco"
Quick one night visit to SF. Hotel was clean and very comfortable. Room was nice size and bathrooms recently remodeled. Great sitting area near lobby for an evening sherry. Walking distance to great resturants. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Ronald R.
"We keep coming back"
We used to live in San Francisco and like to return for a weekend occasionally. Most hotels are quite expensive - particularly during the summer and on weekends. We can stay at the Queen Anne for a reasonable price (provided we book ahead) and really enjoy being able to pay a small fee to park and then use Uber to get around. This hotel has an interesting history and we love it because of the decorations and style. If you're into modern hotels this might not be to your liking. But if you want to stay at place that both looks and feels like San Francisco, I think you'll be pleased. Don't expect anything too fancy. The rooms are nice and the included breakfast is a good way to start your morning. Being close the center of the city you're also in a good place to get to a number of destinations.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
"Carpet was stained, but all in all a cute venue"
It was fine. First impression was only fair, but after the first day, we enjoyed our stay. Our room door was difficult to open, stuck at the top and the carpet was quite stained. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. The neighborhood was safe, a short 20 minute walk to Union Square and it had a nice local area, just a five minute walk away.
6 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"This place is awesome"
One of the coolest places I have ever stayed.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
Troy
"Hospitable Victorian experience"
I have never been so warmly welcomed at any other hotel in my life -- and I travel frequently! The staff went out of their way to make me feel at home, answer my every question, and help me further plan my stay in the Bay area. The room was incredibly beautiful and the lobby area exquisite. The breakfast was not an elaborate spread but more than sufficient. The 24-hour coffee station was very convenient. The hotel is within nice walking distance from the Asian Art museum and several nice local restaurants (ask front desk for recommendations). I DO NOT recommend the in-room dining option (take-out service). They took over an hour to deliver, only delivered a small part of our order, and then refused to give me a refund (and were extremely rude).
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Traveler
"awesome place to stay"
From the people at the front desk to the cleanliest of the room I was impressed. The room was large and more than satisfied my needs. Great place.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
josh
"Quaint hotel but with deficiencies"
While charming on the outside and comfortably located in a quite neighborhood, it had some noticeable deficiencies. Our room had no closet (a small rack sat in the bathroom). The television didn't work and repeated calls to the desk brought only frustration. However, the bed was comfortable and afternoon cookies and Sherry were a pleasant touch. This is not a hotel for demanding travelers.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Easy to walk to many areas of interest."
Interesting old B&B with much history. Lovely lobby area for sitting and reading. Great cookies in the afternoon!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Joyce
"Historic property needs Help"
I was disappointed in our room and bed. I will not return unless there is a major renovation, which I hope there is, because I do like to support such hotels.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Stephanielei
"Lovely neighborhood boutique hotel"
Lovely atmosphere and purpose renovation as historic boutique hotel. Good location for Fillmore Street and Japantown. Town car ride at limited times and to limited places was still helpful. A nice place to come back to at the end of the day, even if you are too late for the afternoon sherry, tea and cookie. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"Queen Anne a disappointment"
The hotel is not worth the price. The entire facility needs a face lift. The carpeting is old and worn. Our room had duct tape covering the outlet near the desk making computer usage difficult. The signal strength of wi fi is so low that one is frequently disconnected. The breakfast was marginal with very little staff attention. The sheets were very old and off white from usage.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Helpful"
Staff goes out of way to help and is very courteous and helpful.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Great place!"
Loved it!! Such a beautiful place in a great location!
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2014
"Great Victorian Surprise"
Loved the fact that this hotel was so different from the cookie-cutter chain hotels (no matter what their prices). Furnishngs were romantic and fun -- like staying in a 19th century mansion. Staff was very helpful. Place was clean. Loved the burning fireplaces in the parlors.Morning breakfast offerings were pedestrian...but we didn't go there for that. The free sherry and cookies they offered in the afternoon spoke more about this place's style and priorities.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2014
Happy Travelers
"Overall relaxing nights"
Enjoyed my stay a lot. The only down fall was the shower. The water pressure was so little that I couldn't wash my hair.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
We have stayed at the QA at least 3 times. Hope to stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Mike Allen
"A step back in time!"
We enjoyed the historical atmosphere of this beautiful hotel. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The Victorian feel of the Queen Anne is not for everyone especially if you're looking for modern and updated comforts. But if you want a unique experience in a quaint, charming hotel with a bed & breakfast feel, the Queen Anne is a perfect choice. It's in the historical district that is a short walk from the Fillmore shops and an easy distance from the more touristy bay area. I highly recommend the Queen Anne. It was a lovely weekend.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Kathleen
"Cool rooms, conveniently located, great service"
The hotel is charming, a beautiful hotel with good sized rooms. The staff is very professional and sees to the details! They really are service oriented, something I really apprecate. I would recommend it to a friend!
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
Sherry
"Nice hotel, excellent service"
We enjoyed our stay at Queen Anne. Nicely decorated in Victorian period furniture. Parking very convenient 1/2 block away. Breakfast was very good and staff were very helpful and accommodating.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Personality, cleanliness and a quiet neighborhood"
The Queen Ann is a unique hotel experience. The staff is very friendly, professional and helpful. The Victorian decor and "old world" feel are a nice change from the sameness of most hotels. We had a king room. The bed was huge and comfortable. The duet cover, although not white, was clean and very pretty. We enjoyed being able to open the windows. The neighborhood is quiet enough that doing so did not make it noisy. The room had plenty of space, storage and a good sized, clean, modernized bathroom. We didn't have breakfast, so cannot comment on that. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
excellent hotel. no air conditioning, so beware of outside temp and your expectations
3 night trip May 12, 2014
"Wonderful"
We had a fabulous time here! Public transportation was a little difficult, but we enjoyed it!
Other trip May 17, 2014
Andrea
"Great SFO Victorian Hotel"
Very friendly & helpful staff. Loved cookies & Sherry!
3 night business trip May 6, 2014
"Cookies and Sherry"
Well appointed hotel close to Japantown and Rosebowl Florist and Wine Shop.
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2014
rocky
"A bit tired"
Not that much to see nearby. Hard mattress. Slow wi fi.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Blake
"Wonderful stay and excellent staff."
The Queen is awesome in every way. Great neighborhood, quiet sleep and sherry and cookies in the evening. A true Victorian gem! The staff are so helpful especially Alberto, they couldn't have made our stay any better.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
The only thing that bothered me were the sheets. They were a bit scratchy. Other than that, We stayed there only one day so I can't comment on much else. The front desk guy (sorry forgot his name) was very nice :)
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Beautiful"
Although we went to San Francisco for medical reasons at UCSF, we did enjoy our stay. The property is absolutely beautiful. The breakfast was very good, served in a charming dining room. All the employees we encountered were helpful and respectful.
Response by Queen Anne Hotel
Thank you so much Lorraine. Your Queen Anne Family sends you our best!
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Lorraine
"One of my faforites"
The hotel has unique and classic décor that takes you back to days past. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was tasty. No complaints except the price could be a little be better. I travel a LOT and select hotels like this when I do, so think that the after tax and parking fees grand total is $40-$50 high. Still, I know I'll be back because the look of the furnishings is so great.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Wayne
"Very fine; a nice surprise!"
I was pleasantly surprised by the Victorian ambience of the Queen Anne (yes, surprised despite the name). The staff was all lovely, the complementary cookies and sherry a nice touch, and a very good breakfast came with the room. The room itself was small and somewhat awkwardly laid out, but clean and perfectly sufficient for my needs. The hotel sits right on the edge of Japantown and Pacific Heights... it was an easy walk to good food, interesting areas, the cable car, and it's right on the #2 line which was a straight shot from the Embarcadero. I would definitely consider a return visit to the Queen Anne - especially if they do Christmas as lavishly as I am led to understand they do!
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Matt L.
Excellent service. . Complementary breakfaswt a great deal along with morning car service.
3 night trip Feb 15, 2014
sm
"Weekend Stay on the way to Hawaii"
Hotel had a lot of character and is located in a great neighborhood. There was a little maintenance needed. A desk lamp in our room didn't work - it appears as though the outlet was dead. Overall, the stay was very enjoyable. The room was very clean.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Greg Bates
"Nice Refurbished Victorian"
I got a very reasonable rate for Downtown San Francisco at a late date as my business plans left little time for planning. The Queen Anne is obviously a historic Victorian that has been refurbished as well as I've ever seen. The room was a little small and, since it was on the top floor, parts of the ceiling were angled because of the roof line. This was only a problem in the shower as the ceiling angle did not let me stand up straight to take my morning shower. My room was also next to the Elevator shaft which made noise most of the night. The staff were very helpful and the free breakfast was a plus.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
Randy
"Charming, old-style European hotel"
You can't go wrong booking the Queen Anne. The front desk staff was uber helpful, our room was small but welcoming and comfortable (with a huge walk-in closet!). The bathroom had been recently updated, which was nice, although the toilet had a few flushing issues. But what is most charming about this hotel are the large common rooms on the main floor -- with two working fireplaces and gorgeous old antiques. The breakfast was quite nice as well. It is a tad difficult to reach unless you have a car (or come by taxi).
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
Joanne
"a beautiful journey back to Victorian Era"
Holiday season was THE season to stay at the Queen Anne Hotel! Amazing and often very accurately Victorian decorations adorned every corner and wall of the entry and public rooms & hallways - an exciting and welcome treat for visitors during this time of year. Service was impeccable and every need was catered to by employees. The only negative factor was that we did find ourselves feeling a bit cramped with the bath/shower curtain clinging closely...and stuffed behind a chair pillow was, interestingly, a pair of men's boxer shorts?? A previous guest's intentional test of maid service, perhaps? A bit weird, but this certainly did not even detract from every other wonderful amenity we enjoyed and appreciated!
2 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Valerie Warda
"Great Victorian Ambiance"
A relative recommended the Queen Anne Hotel to us. We were wonderfully surprised by the bonus of Victorian Christmas decorations throughout the hotel. There may have been some antiques in the common areas but not being connoisseurs, we believe the in-room furnishings seemed faux. Our favorite experience was climbing the multi-floor staircases which reminded us a bit of those moving staircases in Harry Potter. The complimentary breakfast included instant oatmeal, eggs & fruit for my gluten-free diet restriction and make-it-yourself waffles for my husband's favorite breakfast food. The only disappointment was connection problems with the new flat screen Direct TV system they had installed. We stayed in two different rooms over two nights; neither room's Direct TV system worked on first try with the remote. The hotel staff spent 30 minutes to get the first room working; the hotel staff for the second night was unable to get the second room working at all. There was advertised onscreen a Direct TV service number but the staff did not deem this helpful. Queen Anne parking lot was very accessible and very reasonable in price. We would stay again at the Queen Anne when we visit the The City especially for the holidays.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Excellent hotel for accessing SF!"
Excellent hotel for accessing San Francisco via walking or public transportation! Hotel has character and ambiance not found in chains or large hotels. Staff is outstanding in friendliness and desire to help! Bed and Breakfast feel to provided breakfast and afternoon tea! I recommend this hotel to anyone with business downtown SF or a couple celebrating an anniversary! Very safe walking neighborhood! International clientele was comfortable with multilingual hotel staff!
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"very comfortable, quiet"
I was only there one night, but would come back again.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Susan V. Atchley, Ph.D.
"A gem to be polished."
If chain hotels are your preference,you may not appreciate all the quaintness the Queen Anne has to offer. This 1890s Victorian gem just needs a little polishing here and there but overall a beautiful, warm, cozy stopover full of antiques and fireplace glow. The evening staff were always friendly and anxious to please. Rooms could be drafty and the walls a little thin but the platter of cookies greeting me after a long day, the fireplace in the room to settle in front of at the end of the day, and the free coffee, tea and water 24x7 are a few amenities that make me feel certain I'd return.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
"Ok"
A bit outdated but may be the theme.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
Traveller-SF
"Great SF Hotel"
This review could have been a solid 5 except that my room was right next to a storage room, so starting at 4 AM, the hotel staff was in an out of that room at least 10 times and I got no sleep after 4 AM. So don't stay in room 315 or anywhere close to it if you want to sleep after 4 AM. Otherwise, Queen Ann is a great hotel in a quiet part of SF. The décor is amazing and they really go all out during Christmas. Brings you back to the 19th century. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and they make you feel like you are staying at home versus staying at some big brand hotel where you are just another guest staying in one of 500 cookie-cutter rooms. You get the boutique hotel experience at a decent price. Only downside is this hotel is a hike from any decent restaurants or tourist attractions but the staff is quick to call you a cab and all of SF is only a $10 cab ride away. I would definitely stay there again but not in room 315.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2013