All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
214 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great stay !"
Bathroom is too small.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
sue
"A great time!"
Other than our room not being ready at 4pm as promised, our stay was fantastic. Our room was great. Very quiet, clean and comfortable. The shower and sink water didnt smell or taste like chlorine, as the water in other hotels in the Quarter sometimes do. To make up for our delayed check-in time they gave us free drink vouchers at the Carousel Bar. Speaking of which...considering it's reputation, we thought the bartenders would've been friendlier. It seemed like they didn't want to be there (very little facial expressions, and sometimes frowns); but it was very busy at that time. But, still, they could've pretended to enjoy it.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
It was great accommodations. Hotel staff were friendly and willing to help when necessary. I would definitely return to Hotel Monteleone!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Nice hotel. Carousel bar always busy but worth stopping for a drink.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"good location in French quarter"
Great location, door men were extremely nice. Beautiful lobby, room was small but ok. Bad thing was the LARGE roach crawling up the wall just before we went to bed. We killed it, then showed it to the check-out staff the next morning. She showed surprise but no concern or consolation, no interest in whether or not if would affect any future stays from us, or recommendations.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Traveler
excellent breakfast at hotel, wwii memorial was fantastic
Other trip May 22, 2015
art
"Great location, in the heart of the French Quarter"
Only one complaint I have, the bathrooms in the hotel rooms are alittle too small Maybe there is another complaint, well its not really one. They have this wonderful bar called the Carousel Bar, always full, in seven days I could not get a seat!
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Great, central location."
Beautiful hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Close to all the great spots. The room was nice, but extremely small, with a very tight bathroom. I expected more for the $$. It gets very crowded in the bar area on weekends, which makes enjoying them a no-go.
Other trip May 21, 2015
frequent travel
"Tulane Graduation"
Fantastic!!! Carousel Bar was a big hit!!!
3 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Best place to stay"
Wonderful customer service
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Patti
"Great Place in the Heart of the French Quarter"
A wonderful experience from check in at the garage to check out 4 days later. Dinner in Criolo the first night was excellent ending with the wonderful bread pudding. Our experience with the concierge( female) could not have been better.She made reservations for us at some of the best restaurants in the quarter. Our overall visit in New Orleans was greatly enhanced by staying at the Monteleone
Other trip May 18, 2015
Phil
Great location. Felt safe. Beautiful lobby great pool area with a lot of seating.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Great place in the Quarter"
Great old hotel. Updated wonderfully. You won't get Vegas sized bathrooms but that's not what you want here. Carousel bar requires a visit and some drinks.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Todd
"Nice, Clean and Convenient"
The hotel is very nice. The room was a nice size and a large bathroom. I have stayed here many times and the rooms are not all the same. some or very small and others are not. You never know what you'll get. I love the carousal bar and there are many restaurants within easy walking distance. It is a very safe area.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Nandi
"Close to everything"
We attended a concert at the House of Blues. This hotel was only 2 short blocks away in the heart of French Quarter. Lovely rooms and rooftop pool/bar area. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Beautiful & Historical"
Other than us having to do our own housekeeping, the stay was wonderful.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Geraldine
"Very lovely, well located hotel."
The hotel is charming, the staff is attentive and very accommodating.
Other trip May 14, 2015
SP
"Great location with easy walks in French Quarter"
Great location, classy staff, great dining at hotel and nearby. Easy walk to trolley car near Canal St. It was difficult to get a seat at the Carousel bar... And patrons tend to dress to the nines!
julie
"Characterful hotel in a great location"
The hotel is in a great location. Two blocks from Canal and one block away from Bourbon. Its also easy to locate giving the big sign on the top of the building! Its an old, traditional hotel with real character. Its also very well presented and the staff were excellent. The pool was nice and the charosel bar quite unique and very busy. The live music was excellent. The only downside was the size of the room. It was well appointed by very small and the bed was not that comfortable (very soft). We stayed only two nights and there was barely enough storage for two of us. If we had been there for a week we would have struggled.
Bass1st
"A little on the loud side"
We have stayed at the hotel many times but this was the first since the renovation. Its gorgeous. I've always enjoyed the Carousel Bar but there seems to be more of a Razzoo's atmosphere than a Monteleone crowd. I realize we were in New Orleans but it was extremely loud and full of drunks. One can no longer drop by the Carousel at 2 in the afternoon and have a cocktail without waiting an hour and after 6 pm....forget it !
Other trip May 13, 2015
The hotel is beautiful. I also had a massage and it was wonderful after a day of flying. Hotel staff was always very helpful when I was asking questions to different places to go or how to get somewhere.
Other trip May 12, 2015
debi
"Re: Great Hotel!"
Great Hotel! Excellent location, staff, cleanliness. Beautiful hotel! The standard room. may have been a little small for a double Queen Beds. Would have preferred a single Queen Bed or a single King's bed. But that is a personal preference and a minor detail. Francisco
Other trip May 10, 2015
Francisco
We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Monteleone immensley.it is beautiful inside and out.great central location.the staff was all super(concierge Bettey was wonderful) recommend it highly.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Classic"
We always stay somewhere different when we visit NOLA. I've always wanted to stay at the monteleone and it was just as expected. Great service and a classic hotel. We stayed in a larger room higher up and it was very quiet and perfect.
3 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"A nice break"
Just an overnight in New Orleans. The hotel is perfectly located for exploring the quarter. The bar was active and fun. Parking seemed way overpriced. The lobby was always filled with people, crowded.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"History in the heart of the Quarter"
This hotel was recommended to me by my son who lives in New Orleans and I was not disappointed. Our room was well appointed and even though I would have preferred a room with a king-sized bed, the double bed (2 in the room) was very comfortable. Our view from the 11th floor faced the city. If we stay here the next time we visit I will ask for a river view room as I am sure that will be spectacular. We had lunch in Criollo which was delicious and passed an evening in the Carousel Bar which was fun. We really loved the central location of the hotel, only 1 block away from Bourbon, and surrounded by great restaurants within an easy walk. The old fashioned charm of the hotel was so very different and so welcome over the usual corporate-owned atmosphere. Although it was pricey and even more so as it was Jazz Fest, we would stay here again.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Helen
"Fun in N.O."
Gorgeous historical hotel that is in the heart of the French Quarter. Our suite was lovely and the staff, friendly.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
mary
"week end get away"
Everything was great
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Terry
"Good Experience"
It was a last minute decision to make the trip and book a hotel and we decided to stay at the Hotel Monteleone based on good reviews. It was a great choice and the location was perfect. Lots of antique stores on Royal and a short walk to Jackson Square and the waterfront. Hotel staff was excellent, especially accommodating when we asked for a change of rooms due to noisy neighbors. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. The restaurant was very good with excellent service, only glitch was underdone chicken sent back to the kitchen for thorough cooking (no pink). I would recommend the hotel and stay there again.
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Monteleone is a great place for any occasion."
If anyone would like to rest in comfort and style this is a great place to stay. The menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner provide excellent choices. The food and service are outstanding.
2 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2015
"Nice street. Clean rooms. Polite staff"
Close - walking distance to water and all shops- but nice street and hotel- clean
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
lisa
"good"
Fab location and comfortable bed. Small room but wasnt there for that. Valet took 50 minutes to get my car upon checkout and I submitted my claim check 4 separate times to get it...
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!!"
It was a great place and the staff was absolutely amazing! My wife and I stayed at this hotel because of the convenience to the night life in New Orleans and the rotating bar inside the hotel. Would definitely recommend it!! The only negative is the daily $40 charge for parking your car.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Joey
"Location Location service service"
Pedro at the front desk was wonderful. Great location, service.
2 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Mary jo
"City Landmark in a very touristy spot"
If you want to party and be in the midst of the crazy hubbub this is a fine resting spot. The room was much smaller than we expected. Maybe there are larger rooms but we did not get one. If you tend to prefer an interesting stay off the beaten path, stick to the Garden District or the newly trendy uptown area near Magazine Street.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Madame36
"Perfect hotel and location in the French Quarter"
Beautiful old hotel with all the modern conveniences. At street level you are in the midst of the party but the room itself was wonderfully quiet. I wish I had opted to get a cab rather than a rental car. Driving to the hotel in the evening is a challenge due to the crowds, and overnight parking was expensive.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Perfect location luxury hotel"
Beautiful hotel recently updated in a perfect French Quarter location. Close to everything but Frenchmen Street, all walkable. Staff couldn't be better. Very well maintained and clean. Good water pressure even on upper floor. Our room was fairly small, probably because I asked for a view. I got a view of the Quarter and the river both, but would opt for a larger room w/o view in the future. Bed and pillows were heavenly! Hotels always seem to be somewhat noisy with motors and fans running, but I had no trouble sleeping. Did not care for the restaurant in the hotel, Criollo. Very expensive, somewhat limited menu and my shrimp were overlooked. Husband ordered the filet mignon (I don't know why in NO) which was chewy and hard to cut. Wait staff was good, but not as attentive as at other upscale eateries in the quarter. This is a great hotel and will stay here any time I visit the Big Easy!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Cindy
"Our favorite hotel in New Orleans French Quarter."
We will go back for sure! Love being able to walk to restaurants and entertainment too.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"First Class"
The Hotel Monteleone is a beautiful first class hotel. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the French Quarter. I hadn't stayed there in over 40 years, but stayed there often with my parents as a child and it is just as beautiful and elegant now as it was then. You will not be disappointed staying here.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Good location for French Quarter Festival"
Enjoyable, good music scene in the bar. Great story of the writers who have stayed there.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Rauk
"Repeat Guest!"
This was my second visit to New Orleans - with over 20 years between the two. Stayed at the Monteleone both times; fantastic the first time, even better the second. Rooftop pool and workout area are top-notch; housekeeping does an outstanding job.... Best things - it's quiet, the view was great, and it's right in the middle of all the French Quarter action.
4 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Staci
"Location, location, location !"
Location, location, location! Great location!!! Walking distance to all the great attractions of the French Quarter, Jackson Square, Moonwalk Promenade, etc. Literally, less than a 1 minute walk to Acme Oyster House, Cafe Beignet, Walgreens. Rooftop pool with full service bar was also a huge plus and a great way to unwind in the evenings.
3 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Great hotel and convenient."
The bellman, concierge, and all the front office people were very friendly and helpful. It is a beautiful place and so centrally located. Fantastic! Beautiful restaurant but expensive... Beautiful bar!
Missy
"Great place to stay!"
Loved the hotel, the staff and the location!
4 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Leanne
"Great hotel close to New Orleans French Quarter"
No problem checking in. Room was very nice. Able to walk to shops. Restaurant in hotel was great.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"The Franks in New Orleans"
Ernestine made us feel welcome to New Orleans the moment we arrived! Thank you for the chat in the restroom. :) We used the concierge several times - helped make our trip. The check-in, greeters, etc. were all fabulous. Everything was clean and tidy and quiet. We would absolutely stay again and recommend the hotel.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice hotel in a great location!"
I chose this hotel based on it's location right in the heart of the French Quarter. I was not disappointed. The hotel is within walking distance to all of the major attractions - Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, the French Market, etc. The hotel staff were all so friendly and welcoming. The amenities include a roof top pool, a spa, gym, restaurant and the beautiful rotating Carousel Bar where local musicians perform nightly. I would definitely stay here again. The room was a little small compared to other places I've stayed, but certainly had all of the necessities, including a refrigerator and a Keurig coffee maker which was a nice touch.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
We enjoyed our stay at Monteleone. The workout room and pool were both excellent and we enjoyed the poolside bar. The valets, door staff, and cleaning people did a great job. The carousel bar was fantastic. We would definitely come back here again. The location is perfect for everything we wanted to do in New Orleans.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Beautiful French Quarter hotel"
Lovely old-world hotel in fabulous location in French quarter. Room was small but lovely and clean. Staff are wonderful and very helpful. Beautiful rooftop heated pool.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015