All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
320 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
    Regular internet service
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is all right
"Nice location and the place is very well kept."
I would recommend to anyone that is visiting NOLA for the first time just like my family and I did on this trip.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
jordan boss
I wish I had gotten the night shift lady that checked us in but I didn't …she was absolutely the most helpful , sweetest person we had come across in days. We were pulling a trailer and were beat and it was going to be a pain to find parking and she got us all situated , something we would not have had a clue about. I would love to find out her name and recognize her specifically
1 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2015
Shelley
Stopped off for few days. Hotel situated one block from river and three from Bourbon St. Perfect location. Clean, friendly and well priced.
3 night trip Aug 9, 2015
gary
"Quaint hotel & great location"
I've stayed here before, & love the quaint-type of hotel this is & especially the location. The room was beautiful & the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was clean & roomy. My only complaints are: very noisy throughout the night. We had a view of Decatur Street, but that turned out to be noisy all night long with cars driving by with loud radios, people walking on the street late & being very loud, garbage trucks, etc. Our room was close to the elevator, which also was noisy throughout the night. In addition to being close to the ice maker down the hall, which I heard being use in the middle of the night. I'd suggest an interior room not facing the street, & not being close to the elevator. I didn't find the hotel staff very friendly or helpful. And was disappointed that the cool looking bar closed at 11 pm on a Saturday night.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Hether
"Bienville House"
Amazing location!!! So close to everything New Orleans has to offer!!! The rooms were perfect, well air conditioned and the staff was extremely accommodating and knowledgable!!! Will definitely stay again!
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Jami
"Recommend staying here."
pros: Location, price, elegant hotel and room. Cons: greenish pool water. Waited hr for valet. Continental breakfast. Older hotel but everything is in great condition. Better hotels in immediate area but 20% more $. Would rate hotel 4 of 5 but considering price it's value is a 5.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Great location in the French Quarter!"
Room was beautiful, but bathrooms were a little small, which is to be expected from an older hotel. The front desk staff and Concierge gentlemen were more than helpful in any way we needed. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Our stay in New Orleans"
We were unhappy with our first room as it was quite noisy. The staff was most accomodating and got us a lovely room even better than the first.
3 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Cynthia
"Great hotel in the French Quarter"
Nice staff, great location, and wonderful stay!! Great choice!!
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
rebecca
"Just how I pictured a place in the French Quarter"
From the moment we arrived we were blown away! The hotel itself reminded us of a quaint place you'd see in France. The staff and service was over the top. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again next time we visit New Orleans.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Debbie
We love it. It's a small hotel but you have what you need. Service was excellent, everyone was very nice. The only thing was the pool..too small. Breakfast was really good!
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Ursula
"Great Place to Stay"
Bienville House is a very good place to stay when your visiting New Orleans the staff is top notch very helpful and very friendly they Actually remembered me from another stay I was impressed
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Danny
"Great location. Walking distance to most places."
Great location. Clean. Would def stay again and recommend to friends
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"ice man"
love the drinks at the bar.
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Jesus
"poor description on Expedia"
Unfortunate misunderstanding of pet policy which resulted in an additional $130 for 1 night for my mothers tiny poodle. Stay for one night in a VERY dated hotel $335.00, ruined our trip. Was very hard to get to due to constant street blocks in the Quarter. Restaurant does not allow children or anyone under 21 years. This was also not stated on Expedia. They state under amenities that there is pay per view but after calling the front desk for instructions, we were told that they discontinued it. Poor selection of TV channels. Horribly dated bathroom....maybe a 1970's bathtub with years of built in grime Tiny room, you couldn't sit in the chairs because the bed blocked them. The staff were nice but not one person tried to help us with the excessive fees. Rooftop courtyards were lovely as was the ground floor courtyard.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
sarah
Excellent stay. Older building right in French Quarter. Great customer service.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
stephen
"Great location!"
Breakfast was good, great location close to shops and food! Very clean. Bed was not so comfortable but everything else made up for it
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Hotel was in a good location to get around New Orleans French Quarter.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Tammy
"very quaint hotel, lovely rooms"
There were 3 women on my trip and we were all very pleased with our stay, they let us take our ice chest to the pool and that was a big plus!
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Loved this hotel!"
The staff was extremely friendly and accomidating!The courtyard was beautiful!!
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Julianne
"Family friendly"
Room was very clean and hotel had a lovely courtyard for breakfast or a swim.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Best place to stay!!"
The staff is amazing. The manager of the property is a very professional. Ms Cynthia and Thomas were the best. They made us feel like we were staying with friends and family. The breakfast crew were always very friendly and accommodating. They have a repeat customer for life. You will feel safe, comfortable and at ease at the bienville house!
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Natacha
Enjoyed staying at this hotel. Great location and we had a beautiful patio outside our room to sit at!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"We didn't even get to stay here!"
After driving eleven hours we were told upon check in that our reservation had been moved to another hotel because the AC was out. We never received any sort of communication beforehand, neither from the hotel or Expedia. The wife and I had been looking forward to staying here, we were very dissapointed.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Jody
"What stay?"
Upon check in we were told that our reservation had been moved to another hotel because the AC was out. WE WERE NEVER NOTIFIED OF THIS BEFOREHAND!! My wife and I had our hearts set on this hotel, were very dissapointed by the unexpected change.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Jody
"Nice hotel in the French Quarter"
We have stayed here several times before. The location is very convenient to anything you want to do in the French Quarter, while being just far enough away from Bourbon Street to be fairly quiet and safe. The hotel desk staff and the valet were friendly and efficient. The room could have been cooler, but it was very clean, and I enjoy the quaint New Orleans décor. We visited Beachbum Berry's Latitude 29 tiki bar, the hotel restaurant (previously Iris) for the first time, and really enjoyed the unique atmosphere and drinks. We visit New Orleans several times a year, and will definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Greta hotel, great location!"
Just a little hiccup checking in since the systems were down and it delayed us getting in our room by 2 hours. But it was so close to little shops that the time went by fast. Room was adorable, nice view, very comfortable bed too! The location of the hotel is perfect for Bourbon and the French Market, even close to the casino. If I had to really have one complaint, the it would be the breakfast, it was very small and considering how nice the hotel is I would've thought breakfast would've been bigger, more variety, or just a hot breakfast. Other than that everything was great.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Josaphine
"Loved it!"
It was a great location and wonderful staff! Only complaint would be our air not working properly so the room was very warm!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Nice, historic hotel, close to my ideal location."
Great time in NOLA, but too hot ... 100 degree heat index most of time @ end of June.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Superb stay in New Orleans"
Great Hotel and great location. Enjoyed our stay
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Maeve
"Closest to the House of Blues"
This was the closet hotel to the House of Blues, very convienient to Bourbon St and Harrahs casino. Very old A/C system. This is a historic hotel that is well kept, but without some of the modern convieninces. The valet is good, but a little slow, and no movie rentals in the room
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
brad
"NOLA first time vacation"
It was my first time in New Orleans and I really had a great time. I enjoyed the city old charm, the swamp tour, city tour, the art museum and the botanical gardens very much. We didn't have enough time to do the plantations tour, maybe next time!. The food and service was excellent and we visited Café du Monde twice a day...the beignets are delicious! I definitely will visit again.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Maria
"very well placed hotel in the vieux carre"
very near to all that is worth seeing in the quarter. also near to canal so the sights there are also accessible. the rooms are very comfortable and have good amenities. the staff is always efficient even if sometimes not terribly affable. morning breakfast has several good options, not just one choice and served is pleasant room with more tables out in the courtyard. the one elevator is a bit of a drawback as it is not large and the thermostat in the room doesn't seem to work. but on and off works just as well. had some problems dialing room to room, as in couldn't. but otherwise i certainly intend to return for the location and the general pleasantness of the place.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
michael
"Don't stay here!"
The room was not ready until 4:45 and the staff were not apologetic at all while we waited in the lobby. It was our anniversary. They could have at least offered us a drink the bar. The last place I stayed that didn't have a room ready, were nice about it. Our room SMELLED so bad of mildew. There were no windows. I would NEVER recommend this hotel, especially for the price. I thought it would be a nice annivesary and I was SO WRONG
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
JULIANA
beautiful lobby ! great location, very close to aquariam and riverboat. lots of food venues in area.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
patricia
"Average hotel, great location"
We enjoyed our stay at th Bienville house, especially due to the great location and pool. The state of the room and other facilities were average. Our room had no windows and I saw a couple of other rooms that didn't, so if someone is claustrophobic and is planning on staying here, I recommend clarifying this when booking.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Anna
"A gem."
It was our first trip to New Orleans and we chose Bienville based on the very good reviews. We were not disappointed. Location is perfect, a short walk to Jackson Square, French Market, Bourbon St. and many restaurants. The staff couldn't be nicer, all of them. Will definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
"Nice, quiet, reasonably priced hotel in French Qtr"
Great location, friendly staff, comfy room, decent price! Had the car parked upon arrival and didn't need it until we left! It's within walking distance to everything in the French quarter! Didn't need to drive once! The room was quiet, the area was safe! Would definitely stay there again! Very cute hotel!
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Won't valet park there again!"
The experience was wonderful and I would have given 5 stars but when we checked out.....it took over an hour to get our vehicle from the valet! And this was a Thursday not very busy! First they brought us a Chevy truck( ours was Ford) so then we give them a detailed description of our truck..... They bring us an old beat up Ford truck( ours was only 4 days old). It took the desk clerk calling the head of valet to finally get our correct vehicle.
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
LORI
"Convenient to Bourbon"
Nice boutique hotel with comfortable bed in walking distance to all the fun of Bourbon. I felt safe there and would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
J
"Great Motel"
The Bienville hotel was great. The service was great And the Hotel staff went out of the way to help are needs Great place to stay
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Leo
Very clean and comfortable. Staff was freindly, and respectful. the place is quiet not noise, had a great night sleep. I wentfor buisness meeting so I realy needed the rest.
Getu
Great place to stay. Would recommend to anyone traveling to New Orleans.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Right in the middle of it all"
It just so happens this hotel is directly across the street from where we park everytime we visit New Orleans. A quick 6 block walk from Cafe Dumonde. The courtyard with heated pool is lovely- esp since it was crowded (went on a Tuesday). Biggest issue was, the untold parking fee ($34 for a civic sized car). Some say you have to assume that extra cost in a big city, but that has not always been the case for me, so consider that in your hotel budget.
Aaron
"Small but convienent"
The restaurant did not have much of a menu and the beer selection at the bar was terrible. Drink prices were outrageous!
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Fun Holiday weekend in the Big Easy!"
Ambiance and French Quarter location made the stay fun and gave us easy access to all aspects of the area. Would definitely chose location again.
2 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
linda
"Perfect Location"
We went to New Orleans with three other couples...mainly to visit the WWII Museum. The hotel was in the perfect location to everything. The only issues we had with the hotel was not enough eating space for the morning breakfast, and our rooms had not windows. People need to be informed when they book their room about this.
3 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
Barbara A
"nice ambiance, too expensive"
nice location. too expensive. room in odd location in hotel, outside round back through garden, through hall with steps and turn to anther hall.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
I turned back the bed covers and the sheets and pillow cases had not been changed, so I called and had all of the lines changed. The pillows looked old, so I had double pillow cases up on. The floor carpet was worn appeared not to have been vacuumed in some time. The front desk clerk ended changing the linens because no maid was on duty. She was very nice and apologized profusely and said she'd report it. The bathroom was in disrepair, with sloppy caulking around the sink and bathtub. The room itself has seen better days, and our window faced a brick wall. Other than the great location, I would never recommend this hotel. No excuse for a dirty hotel room!
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Quaint and charming place to stay in The Quarter"
New Orleans charm tucked away behind the big chain hotels. This is where you can experience the real New Orleans mojo ... and a short walk to Bourbon Street for all the fun. Great dark bar is also a fine place to try a tasty Sazerac highball.
2 night business trip Mar 8, 2015