All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
620 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33301, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Invisible in Las Olas"
That's the second time we stayed there as part of a group trip. Unlike the first time, we felt like we were "invisible" to the staff, from front desk to parking and cafe personnel. First I was given the wrong parking lot directions taking me a good 30 min to find the correct entrance on my own. Group dinner Sat night was painful as one server struggled to service 30+ people (It must be said that he was the clear exception, working hard and being very apologetic for the delays). The bed was lumpy and the bathtub drain did not work forcing us to bathe in dirty water. Disgusting. I did notify the front desk but nothing was done before we left next morning. Speaking of mornings, breakfast at the front cafe Sunday morning proved that I was indeed, invisible. After patiently waiting to be served (and the table cleaned from previous guests), I had to chase the waitress down to ask for a menu. Another 20 min passed before I got to order my food. NO coffee refills were offered and yes, I ate on the still messy table. Needless to say, we won't be back. Pitty as the place is perfectly located.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Joao
The hotel is in a good location on E. Las Olas Blvd. The Sun Trolley comes close by and the free water taxi is just outside the hotel on the river.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Not really worth the price"
The rate for this hotel is at the upper range for the area, but it is not justified given the condition of the hotel. The location is good and staff are very helpful. The bathroom was not as clean as it should be. Rooms are too noisy of you like to relax. No mini bar in the room, and the water coming out of the tap is yellow!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Another great visit."
Third stay at this hotel. Consistently good service.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"The Tower rooms"
The Classic rooms are not as nice as the Tower rooms. Book the tower if you have a choice.
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Bobby
"Riverside Horewl in Ft. Lauderdale"
stayed just one night before a cruise.. We stayed in the new tower, which i recommend. Room was very nice and daces the New River just to the side.. We were alos given a ROM WIHT A PATIO WHICH WAS VERY NICE.. wE BOTH LIKED THIS HOTEL SO MUCH..
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
ARTHUR
"Good Pre-cruise choice"
I booked 3 couples for one night preceding our cruise from Fort Lauderdale, and I booked van transportation to the port as the hotel's cost was higher. Hotel service was excellent, especially regarding handling and storing luggage, nice rooms, restaurant better for dinner than breakfast but latter because Las Olas art festival was happening in the morning. We were able to start our trip shopping and walking around on Las Olas and it was a nice pre-extension to our cruise.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great Hotel, Perfect Location"
This hotel is lovely. The rooms are quaint. Beautiful vintage hotel.
5 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
carolyn
"Location, location, location!"
Great location. Near lots of restaurants and shops. Hotel bar and casual restaurant had disappointing service. The nicer seafood (Oyster Grill) restaurant had great food and service. Room was small, expensive, and old -- although classic and comfortable. Overall, I liked my stay and will be back.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Look Elsewhere"
We asked for a room with a view. The second floor didn't meet that request. $27.00 for valet parking was also draw back. The staff at the bar was accommodating, but the concierge wasn't helpful with directions to the Arts Center. Some of the staff with accents were difficult to understand. I'd rate it a 3 out of 5 over all for the money. $280.00 for a room without a view is a bit steep.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Perfect location walking distance to all the actio"
Excellent hotel in prime location. Walk to all the shops and restaurants on Las Olas.There isa very nice bar in the restaurant on the first floor. The gym is small but gets the job done.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"orange bowll 2014"
Location, location, location!!! Good food and shopping!!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Russ
nice location, food and service very good. My only negative was the need to pay extra for internet access.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
steve
"Hotel is in a great location"
Great location lots of boutiques and resturants.. room as nice considering the age of the hotel.. my bed was broken..
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
spr
"Nice hotel located in the middle of everything."
No car needed. Parking price over the top. Wonderful hotel right in the heart of all the restaurant and entertainment. Nice and safe Wonderful staff
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
traveler
"Pre-Christmas family gathering."
Wonderful hotel great location the hotel rooms were spacious for us to sit around and talj
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"First class hotel."
Stayed overnight for company Xmas party. Was upgraded on arrival. Above the norm hospitality from well trained staff all in holiday spirit. Great happy hour food, and drink prices. I live on the beach, and love the city feel of old history of neighborhood. Will be back soon.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2014
"Excellent location, great hotel."
Great old hotel, fabulously maintained and right in the heart of a very trendy neighborhood. Far better than "name brand" properties in the area. Only problem is finding the front entrance. It's located between two restaurants and not at all evident when walking by.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"Center of the Action on Las Olas Blvd"
The Historic Hotel was great. In the center of all the boutiques, resturants, and activities of one of Fort Lauderdales most visited areas. Hotel looked great, very comfortable, very clean, and the staff was great.
It is located around so many great restaurants and shops. It is also really close to airport.
Quick in and out stay, was there less than 8 hours.
"Under construction"
The hotel lobby, halls and entry are under construction, being painted on the busiest weekend of the year - boat show - it makes no sense.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Jen
"Our favorite hotel in Lauderdale."
We returned to the Hotel for a seven-day stay and were not dissappointed. A bit old tradition, but that is what we like.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Denny and Terry
"mattress was horrible."
We stayed for the location which is great. It's an old building which we like and understand, but they didn't have to buy cheap mattresses.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2014
"Luxury and comfort"
Very clean. Quality furniture, bed, fixtures. Very comfortable bed.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Bed sheets were rough and scratchy--very disappointing. Room lacked full view mirror--could not check my appearance until I got into elevator. Iron kept leaking water onto my clothes even though water level was low. Otherwise--overall experience was fine but not as nice as I had expected considering the reviews I'd read. I DID appreciate the real glasses...not plastic- by the ice bucket.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Riverside Hotel"
great friendly staff,cool live music
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Best hotel not on the beach in FL"
We've been here several times. It's our favorite hotel that's not on the beach. You can't get a better location in Ft. Lauderdale. It's in the heart of the haute couture shopping and dining district. It's near a stop for the water taxi that can take you to key areas along the waterway and harbors. There's the original hotel section with comfortable quiet rooms and the newer towers with larger rooms and great views over the city and river. The pool looks over the river and you can watch yachts slip by while sipping cold drinks. The staff is knowledgeable and always helpful. The hotel is always clean. The restaurants are very good, as they have to be considering the awesome restaurants in the immediate vicinity. They have a southwest breakfast wrap that is fantastic. If staying on the beach is not critical, this is the best hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Carl
"Worst Experience in any Hotel I have Stayed in"
I reserved a corner room as high up as possible, facing the river. I was given an smaller room at an different location. The desk manager said she had no requested rooms. The room felt old and worn. The hotel placed me among four rooms having a drunken bachelor party. There were high pitched screams (ever come out of a deep sleep because of a high pitched scream? - first thought is "who is dying?"), repeated slammed doors, etc.. I called the front desk and it rang for about 3 minutes with no answer. Every conversation in the hallway comes into your room. I had a wonderful view of the roof of the hotel. a 12 story wall that blocked the river. The room door constantly stuck. I had to throw my body against the door to get it open. No TV remote. The safe did not work. The confirmation and the hotel both say the room has a mini-bar. There was just the empty, unplugged frig. in a cabinet, and I could not pull the cabinet off the wall to plug it in. My sink would not drain. There was an odd musty, mildly nauseous smell in the room that I could never identify. On Monday, my last full day at the Riverside, I called the front desk around 8:45AM and asked that my room be cleaned before 10:00AM. She said she would immediately send someone. When I came back at 10:00, the room had not been cleaned. the desk manager said she just passes on the request and that it was not her responsibility to make check on it. Finally, the hotel did not indicate the remodeling of the two floors above.
3 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Don't stay in the older section of the hotel"
The tower rooms are very nice and for the most part, the staff are very polite and helpful. Whatever you do, though, DO NOT book or allow yourself to be given a room in the older section of the hotel. Although our room had been renovated, it was severely lacking in amenities, from no full length mirror to no wall outlet near a flat surface so we could charge our phones (although other charging options were available for those who routinely carry USB charging cables, etc -- something we had not been warned about beforehand), freezing A/C that could not be changed despite a wall thermostat and controls on the unit itself, no drinking glasses and a bathroom devoid of room for toiletries/makeup and no overhead lighting in the dingy bedroom area. The desk clerk on duty was less than helpful and said she couldn't move us because we had booked through a third party service and there was no GM on duty that day or the next day. We eventually got a call back from the GM, who offered us 50% off our next stay. Frankly we should have been credited at least a goodly part of our room fee and not held hostage by having to come back again to "claim" our discount. This was the first time we ever had a problem at this hotel. Usually it is very good. As long as you stay in the Tower and don't have any problems, you will probably have a nice stay. The setting on the New River in Ft. Lauderdale is very nice and the location excellent.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Renee
"Close to Night Life"
The location of this hotel was perfect. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were nothing to be desired. Cleanliness was not the top of the list, air conditioner did not work. My guests and I had to move rooms. Not the best first impression.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
"Outstanding"
Everything about our overnight, from the room to the staff, surpassed my expectations. I'd forgotten how nice it was to actually have a glass glass. We were in the old part of the hotel, which has been totally updated. I actually prefer it to the newer tower. And being right on Las Olas is an added plus. Try it.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Close to airport"
We decided to stay here because it was close to the airport for an early departure in our return home. Great dinning experience and you have options nearby. Lobby was clean and well managed. When I arrived to the hotel, I parked in a lot that I thought was owned by the hotel, but was not and ended being charged for that separately. So, drive to the back of the hotel where you will be instructed on where to access hotel parking lot. The hotel is undergoing renovation, so there is that dynamic to deal with but with no unpleasant discomfort. There is a great picture gallery of the original hotel back in the late 40's. The room was very comfortable and it was very quiet…we were on a 2nd floor, but heard nothing..and slept well. The pillows were a little hard. Room has a business like feel to it. There is a pool, but you have to cross the street for it, yet it is next to the river and fun to see the boats pass by. We felt totally safe in the surroundings….lot's of residential development going on….very trendy neighborhood feel.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
andy
"Perfect"
Can't beat the location...right in the middle of Las Olas and in walking distance of some of the best bars and restaurants in South Florida. Great atmosphere, older crowd though. Service was excellent.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Joe M.
"Love the Riverside"
Great!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Beverly Dommerich
"If wanting beach , don't stay here! Way too far!"
Hotel was extremely old and Not a 3 Star in my opinion. Had to move rooms as first one air conditioner didn't work. Rooms were so old, we didn't even want to take pictures. 2 miles from beach and can fare ridiculas . Bring lots of money for cab. Water taxis close by but lots of walking still to get to beach front after you get off . Will never stay here again.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Sabrina
"Great Hotel, Great Location."
Best location, walking to all restaurants / shops. Take the water taxi if you wish. Self parking available - garage attached to hotel.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Dave and Eileen
"A better option than airport hotels"
This property is only 15 minutes from the airport but it is on Las Olas Blvd., which has many restaurants and shops. Could only give it a 4 star rating because we did not eat in their signature restaurant, Indigo or the Oyster Bar.The Golden Lion bar was great and oferred both indoor and outdoor seating on Las Olas. Was a great people watching spot. At least on the week-ends, there was a fabulous singer (and his 2 young daughters who also sang). Was a great experience. We had a balcony room in the Tower which was also a nice experience.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Pete D.
"Always a treat to stay at the Riverside!"
It is always such a pleasure to stay here. The kindness of the staff, the ease of everything, the closeness of everything yet you don't feel you are in Ft Lauderdale! I love this hotel, and Ryan makes it even more special!
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Perfect place to stay in Ft Lauderdale"
I can not say enough about this little gem on Las Olas Blvd! From checking in through checking out everything was incredible. The staff are so attentive and really care about your stay from housekeeping to the wonderful Bartender in Preston's. The shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go, for a fee, but very accommodating. The food and service impeccable at Indigo and the live music is is a real crowd pleaser. I can't wait to go back!! Stay in the Towers and ask for a canal view!
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Great stay
3 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Magda Velez
"Fun weekend stay!"
This is such a great value...we love staying here! You can walk to dinner, brunch, Sunday market...this hotel is right in the middle of everything!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
"Great accommodations in the heart of Las Olas!"
Lovely old country hotel. The service was excellent with several restaurants and bars attached. Loved being able to walk to most venues. Only negative was that all TV programming geared to men and children. Would have liked HGTV and USA.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
the Millers
"Very impressed"
I booked my trip through Expedia. I hadn't been to Ft. Lauderdale before so I rented a rental car. The hotel is on the main strip, in the center of dinning and small boutique stores. The scenery is magnificent. High class, clean. The floors have a gloss that makes them shine as if they were wet. I couldn't hear anyone next to me nor was I able to hear the music on the first floor. Will go back again. We didn't need a car because the boat behind the hotel takes you to the beech.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Evangelist
"Nice hotel and location"
Overall good hotel and right next to all the restaurants and bars on las olas. Plus pedi wagon is only 1$ down to the beach
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Love this hotel"
Love this hotel and will stay again for a longer time just for the enjoyment of staying here. It is an older hotel but the rooms are lovely and very comfortable. It has several restaurants and bars in the hotel but is also right in the middle of a very nice area with lots of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. Close to the airport, with a board that shows the status of flights. Stayed before our flight but will be back just to stay longer and enjoy the area and this hotel !
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Needs Updating"
Location is great. I know it is an old building, but rooms in lower section are 'dated and tired' - AC unit is a thru wall unit w minimal fan and temp control, carpet and furniture are dated, tile and tub in bathroom are old (but clean!). It is an old building and that is part of its charm, so just don't expect it to be a W Hotel quality. Staff is always accommodating and the location can't be beat, so if the price is right, and location matters, it is a good choice.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
FP
"Location Location Location"
I think the title says it all. Great place. Lot's of personality.
3 night trip with friends May 13, 2014
I enjoyed the stay and the location of the hotel. I stayed in the older section of the hotel which had smaller bathrooms and no refrigerator which disappointed me.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
We were there for a wedding. The hotel staff were excellent, and tried to help us with all of our needs. They were able to accommodate our special requests, and everything went wonderfully well.
Other trip May 21, 2014