All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
411 University St, Seattle, WA, 98101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Romantic getaway"
Great experience, but room service was slower than quoted.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Very comfortable but yikes the parking fee so $$$!"
Very nice Seattle weekend!
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
kathleen
"1 Night Stay - Great!"
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Fairmont for Valentine's Day as a staycation. We had a great time. The staff was very nice, the room was clean, and the ambiance was perfect. This hotel is also in great walking distance of downtown and Pike Place Market so we were able to easily walk to dinner and drinks. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"mr big"
room was small rate was over 500 per night carpet was dirty room was not updated
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
joseph
"Quiet uninspired luxury"
First impressions matter. The person who checked me in was very short with me and didn't give me the sense I was welcome. What I valued most during my stay was having a quiet room and a place to sit down and write. Turns out the room I stayed in at the end of the hallway was very quiet considering the overall noisiness of downtown. The separate desk facing a window with its own lamp worked well for writing. So for these two criteria, the Fairmont delivered. Also important to me was a tub. Although the summary on Expedia doesn't mention it, the room has a shower/tub combo. The Le Labo beauty products were a welcome touch. The bed was reasonably comfortable. I found the room décor uninspiring and inconsistent with the high cost of my stay. I also didn't appreciate the irritating pink CFL bulbs that were too bright for nighttime use, not dimmable, mixed with other types of lighting. The charging stations were useful. The wi-fi surcharge is irksome and anachronistic. I wish the hotel includes this cost in the room price. The room service was just right. Seems the staff paid attention to small details. Overall, I'd stay at the Fairmont again and next time be prepared to bring a wireless router with me.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great hotel close to Link Light Rail to SeaTac"
Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and was impressed with the spacious room and the amenities. The room had a Keurig coffee maker, which was very nice, and it was otherwise beautifully appointed. Some earlier reviews described the carpet and upholstery as old and worn, but it was obvious that they replaced the carpet in the lobby very recently and the chairs in our room may have also recently been re-upholstered. This hotel is walking distance to most of downtown Seattle's attractions, and to public transportation. Would recommend this hotel to others, without hesitation.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Laurel
Good experience, hotel clean, staff attentive, rooms a little outdated
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Francesco
"Lost it's charm"
Needed to stay downtown for one night while we had work done at our home. Couldn't wait to check out and get back to our beautiful house!
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
Loretta
"Still a great hotel"
Stayed there years ago when it was the Four Seasons. Yes, it is older now but the hotel is still a classic hotel. The beds are wonderful, service was outstanding and can't beat the location. Would stay there again
3 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Perfect location in Theater District."
The Fairmont Olympic have done a very good job at providing a five star experience at a 3 star price, (for Seattle). We were very pleased with the accommodations given the age of the hotel, Built 1924. Personally I like the prewar architecture and contemporary interior. The windows do open slightly which is nice. The furnishings were starting to show some age in our room and it would have been nice if they had mounted the TV's on articulating arms instead of stands however that may have affected the overall decor but no more than the TV does. This hotel is located in the heart of the Theater District you can easily walk to a lot of venues or summon Uber or Lyft to stay out of the rain. The neighborhood is safe and I did not feel uncomfortable walking around. It is hilly. There is a Bartell's Drugs two blocks away where you can pick up any sundries you may have forgotten if you don't have the budget for the concierge. Bartell's also sells liquor so you can save on the inflated mini-bar pricing or just get yourself a big bottle.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Aaron
"40th anniversary"
Amazing staff. Husband developed bone spur and we needed a wheel chair so he could get around. Schuckers was awesome. We will go back
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Don't trust the photos on the web"
Old building with tacky ambience, sagging bed and toilet room without ventilations. Extortive overnight parking of 41 per night. Dining room not open on Sunday and Monday evening. Piano lounge has a piano but not vibrant--very quiet on a Sunday evening. Worst Fairmont I've ever visited.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
fantastic! Best hotel in Seattle.This htel is beautiful with the best staff and a a great location a short walk from airport light rail.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Trip"
Beautiful!
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Margaret
"Spoiled by Fairmont!"
We've stayed in many hotels in our lives and this ranks among the best! Everything about the Fairmont Olympic was outstanding. Staying here has spoiled us. I can't imagine staying at any other hotel in Seattle downtown.
4 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Dana
"Class and Charm in the heart of the City"
We spent four delightful nights at the Fairmont, anchoring a very special anniversary trip to Seattle. The location was perfect for us, one or two blocks away from venues on our program: 5th Avenue Theater, Benaroya concert hall, Museum of art; just a little further to the Public Market, upscale shopping, St James cathedral; and a fun monorail ride to the Space Needle and the fabulous Chihuly glass museum and garden. When we needed a ride to the Opera on a rainy night, the hotel car was complimentary and right on time. Also note that the Link light rail stops just one block away, giving you fast and inexpensive transportation to and from the airport. Our "executive suite" was very comfortable and we even had a peek-a-boo view of Puget Sound. It truly felt like home away from home, including the complimentary newspapers of our choice at the door in the morning. In the evening, a pianist plays classic songs for those who enjoy a late cocktail or early night cap. We had a tasty and reasonably priced lunch at the informal Shuckers restaurant, but felt that prices at the Georgian restaurant were very high. Breakfast was in the gorgeous Garden room, but $80 for two?! Our recommendation: stay at this stylish and historic hotel, but have alternative dining options.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Ellie
"Long weekend stay at Olympic Fairmont"
While the hotel room decor does seem a bit outdated -- it's typical hotel decor -- the staff were all super helpful and lovely. The bed and pillows were super comfortable and the location of the hotel is dead center to everywhere you'd want to be. I highly recommend staying here, particularly if you get a super deal through hotels.com.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"A favorite during holiday season"
The Fairmount Olympic is a beautiful piece of Seattle history. Regal and an event to be there.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"HotelReviewText"
HotelReviewText
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
r
It's gorgeous and worth its price.
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
"Outstanding"
From the staff, to the facility....top notch all the way around!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Old world hospitality, new world comfort"
Birthday celebration with tickets to Seattle Symphony, walking distance from the hotel. From the moment we arrived to breakfast the next morning, every interaction with the staff was a positive experience. Impeccable manners, outstanding comfort, great food and classic old-world ambiance. Comfortable beds, roomy dressing area, every amenity imaginable delivered with flawless service. Makes you feel like royalty. There are many more modern "boutique" style hotels in Seattle, but you cannot surpass the Fairmont for traditional elegance and charm.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Everything a top hotel should be
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"New Years Eve view of the Space Needle"
Was given a choice for a direct view of the Space Needle for $30 which we chose so we could watch the fireworks on New Years Eve show at midnight.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Barry
"Wonderful New Years' Evening"
We stayed at the Fairmont to ring in the New Year at the Seattle Symphony. Our meals and room were wonderful. We would return again!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Sylvia
"January"
Town car use was amazing!!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Wonderful"
The hotel and the staff were wonderful. By the way it is an incredible city. Fully recommended.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Cozy Christmas Reunion"
The Fairmont Olympic was a beautiful hotel and located in a very convenient spot. The service was fantastic and the concierge made our Christmas. Since I was meeting my daughter there for the holidays, I asked for a small tree. We had a beautiful tree in our room upon our arrival and it helped us get "the spirit." She also managed to get us into the space needle for lunch. That was important to me since my grandmother took me there 52 years ago and I wanted to show my daughter.
5 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Jane
Great staff, location and comfort... Absolutely would stay here again!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
disgusting
"Seattle at its best!"
It's never "same old, same old" at the Olympic Hotel. The entire experience contributes to the special place Seattle has become. Why stay anywhere else?
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"A Relaxing Night"
I once again enjoyed a relaxing night at the Fairmont Olympic at 411 University in Seattle. Its location is ideal, and the hotel staff were efficient. The room was uncommonly clean, and it was easy to fall asleep in the comfortable bed. The pool and jacuzzi also were delightful!
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Keith
"t"
it was fantastic the hotel staff the welcome and departure were great The service in the bar was not very good that's the only thing I was not satisfied with a little rude
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
jeffreyc
"Olympic Fairmont is a precious Seattle relic"
We live on an isolated island and come to Seattle on occasion for a shot of culture and social injections. The old UW of WA was once housed at this location which is perfect for just about any event.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
babyboomer
"A Perfect Experience"
We were sprinkled with pixie dust. The lobby was gorgeously decorated and so tasteful against the tradional woodwork. Our room was lovely and classic with the beautiful fabrics. We ate brunch the next morning in the garden room. As usual it was a delicious buffet and the service impeccable. My husband and I will stay there again Next year and every year after. Thank you, LInda
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Outstanding Value"
5 star in every way!! Great hotel with great service.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
ko
"Beautiful old hotel"
It was great! Carpets could be a little cleaner or updated but other than that our stay was fantastic.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
macbaske
Clean and great with kids. The pool is warm and friendly staff. Wonderful!
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Best luxury Hotel in downtown Seattle"
I've frequented most of Seattle's downtown Hotels. The Fairmont is my favorite! It's in the perfect location, easy walking distance to all of the attractions. The complimentary limo service is great for when it's raining (most of the time) The restaurants are excellent! Shuckers has fresh Oysters and a great happy hour. The best part of the Fairmont is the staff. They are amazing! This is one of the best managed Hotels in the chain!
Leonrd
"Beautifully maintained, elegant hotel"
The Fairmont Hotel continues to provide outstanding comforts for both the well seasoned and casual traveler. The room was carefully appointed with antique and provincial furniture, wi-fi, wide-screen TV, and top of the line bath products. Bathrobes were plush and soft, as were the linens. The bed had a wonderfully rich and silky comforter, and ironed white sheets. The windows opened and we were able to feel a nice breeze at night. It was quiet during the night and we were able to get a restful sleep. The hotel itself has some great restaurants. The hotel was warm and welcoming from the well attended front door personnel to the front desk and concierge staffs. The interior was professionally prepared with Christmas trees, nutcracker characters, poinsettas, wreaths and an abundance of holiday themed decorations.
Traveller
"Great holiday shopping trip"
The Olympic is a very classy hotel. The staff is very courteous and helpful. We had an excellent stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
stephen
"Conveniently located in the heart of downtown."
Beautiful hotel full of character and charm. Easy access to the 5th Avenue theater, Benaroya hall, restaurants, shopping, farmers market, all within walking distance of this beautiful hotel. We spent our anniversary here and enjoyed every minute.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Joan
"Great location for walking around downtown"
Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The Sunday brunch was exceptional - delicious & beautiful presentation. Some delay in obtaining our bar tab Saturday night, otherwise a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"old world charm in downtown seattle"
one of the greatest asset of this hotel is if you are coming from the airport ,the light rail will drop you off just a block from the hotel on university street , at 2.75 cent fare ., this hotel is great if your in the mood for an old clasic hotel , i was there at christmas time and it was a great treat , the pool and jacuzi is a plus , this hotel was built in the 30,s and its of a grand style at over 400 rooms , so if your in the mood for the old culture this is a great hotel .
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
steve
"Great but expensive"
The hotel was great but I was not told about the $50 per day parking charge on top of an already high room rate.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Patrick
"Christmas time"
Great location for Christmas shopping and to Benaroya hall concerts.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Great location near Benaroya Hall & the 5th Avenue Theater and nice walking distance to dining, shopping and to the Market.
Pam
Very expensive, but very pleasant hotel. I'd recommend this to anyone seeking a luxury stay.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Wonderful classy hotel in the middle of downtown"
The Fairmont Olympic is one of my favorite places to stay--particularly at Christmas time. She is just a classy old dame.
Craig
Awesome hotel and great room and location. Got an amazing rate.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Alan
"Wonderful respite from the crowds"
Inspite of Christmas rush service was very friendly and effective. room very clean and comfortably outfitted. Restaurants lovely and delicious. you can't beat the location - superb.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014