All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
495 Geary St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very beautiful lobby and lounge. Room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom showed some age. Great location within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and bars. Overall a very nice hotel and would highly recommend.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Not what would be expected."
Highly disappointed. For the price rooms should be much nicer. Decor makes it seem dreary everywhere in the hotel. If this hotel was on the Vegas strip it would be lucky to get a 1 1/2 star rating.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Staycation"
The Clift is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful city. The hotel staff and guest services were welcoming and more than accommodating. My husband and I have been staying at The Clift for years and we look forward to continuing to do so.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great Time in SF"
Comfortable stay. Great to be in city's center. 24 diner at end of street was a blessing. Walked everywhere. Good location. A tad noisy with the door slamming. Not quite sure if it came from housekeeping or guests. But if it came from housekeeping maybe mention to shut doors not let them slam. Just a note. Otherwise staff and stay were great!!!! Also didn't know Clift turns into proper club on weekends. It was a nice surprise to see it so lively.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Clift hotel San Francisco"
overall a great experience. The noise and rush of the city was left behind as soon as we walk through the front door... Reception area of the hotel very clean and impressive and was immediately greeted by Valet and reception staff.check in was quick and easy and staff was very professional and courteous. got into the room and our room was very clean very spacious and had a good view of downtown San Francisco.staff was very courteous and professional through out the length of our stayand I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family staying in downtown San Francisco. I'll be back if my travels ever bring me back through San Francisco and I'm looking for an above average hotel.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"up all night"
There was a horrible noise coming from a mechanical room under my room. Do not go to the top floor.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Tanya
"Nice view, nice ambiance, small bathroom"
16th floor have a great city view, Great facities, nice bar besides the lobby, but they need to improove the bathroom amenities!! Small space and limited amenities. And no coffee machine inside.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Fer
"Friday night at the Clift"
Beautiful hotel interior as far as the lobby and bar and such. Very vibrant at night (or maybe it was because it was a Friday night?). Anyhow, the room was very small and bathroom was even smaller. They added mirrors in front of and behind the bed, so it looked like more room but it was still obviously small. The bathroom was the size of a coat closet. But the bed was pretty comfortable. Staff was really nice as well. Parking overnight was expensive but when I had to wait upwards of 45 minutes for my car to come around after checking out because the valet manager brought up the wrong car, I was refunded my $52 parking fee for one night of parking. So I was happy about that.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Angelo
"It was the size of a walk in closet."
The room was extremely small. The bathroom was ridiculously small. The bed was super uncomfortable. Not what I was expecting from a 4 star hotel.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Angela
"I need serious updating!"
Rooms are worn hard. Black mold around showers. Help
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Gliz
"Very dated"
In serious need of updating - particularly the bathrooms (grey mold around tub and so so small). Rooms minimalistic ...
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Gliz
"Convenient but ehh...just ok."
The location, lobby and the bed were the highlights of my stay. Walkable from the Powell Bart station. The lobby is modern and stylish with a bar/club attached. The room itself was just ok. Nothing fancy to rave about. Small with a tiny bathroom and chips in the bathtub porcelain.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Small rooms, but good enough. No view of the city."
The staff is OK, they do their job. Some details missing in the rooms. Cheap furniture.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Andrea
"Perfect for a romantic getaway!"
This was my second time to SF, and I'm so pleased that we chose to stay at the Clift Hotel. It's stylish and comfortable, and perfectly located in the heart of the city. It was just what we needed for our romantic 4 day weekend getaway!
3 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Patric
"the hotel is artful, sexy, beautiful inside"
not one thing went wrong. unusual for any hotel. service was fine and prompt
Response by Clift
We do strive to exceed our guest's expectations and I am so pleased to see that we left you with a flawless experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Clift!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
bruce
Had a great time. Rashonda was extremely helpful at the front desk!
Response by Clift
Thank you for your kind words about our newest Front Desk Agent Roshonda! I will share your comments with her and we will both look forward to welcoming you back to Clift!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Awful parking"
Clean comfortable generic rooms, beautiful lobby, pleasant staff, and absolutely horrible parking arrangements. We spent 40 min parking upon arrival and 40 more min for retrieving our car upon the end of our stay
Response by Clift
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with our Valet Company and will share your feedback with them. I assure you this is not the typical level of service we strive to provide and will use this feedback to help coach and train our staff to provide more efficient service.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Harel
"Great San Francisco getaway hotel!"
Great location ! We were upgraded to a bigger room because we needed a rollaway and they were very accommodating. The bed was very comfortable and the room was super clean. The ambiance downstairs in the lobby was fun with a hopping bar!
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Fun and Trendy"
Barbara at the front desk is a Rock Star:-))) Nice Bar!! Rooms can use some renovation! Great for date!! I would definitely come back
Response by Clift
Thank you for your wonderful comment about Barbara, I know she will be pleased to see that she made a lasting impression.
seen it all
"Very Nice Hotel In Union Square"
Check in process was a breeze. The room was spacious compared to other hotels in the area that i had stayed. Hotel is walking distance from shopping,restaurants,and pharmacy. Hotel has nice bar/lounge area in lobby and is happening on weekends. Parking is pricey but you can expect the same anywhere else in the City. There are multiple parking garages near the hotel that you can park for half the price. I would stay again.
Response by Clift
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay! I am so pleased that we were able to make your experience with us a memorable one and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Eli
Modern hotel in wonderful location. We absolutely loved it! Would definitely stay there again. Loved it
Response by Clift
You want to stay again and we want to welcome you back! We truly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
"Beautiful hotel close to everything"
The only complaint is that the rooms are very small for the money. Bathroom is really tiny.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
sandy fron ny
"Rooms are too small for the price!"
I paid a total of $568 for my room and was shocked at how tiny it was! I'm 6'5" and felt trapped in there. There was barely enough room to edge by the end of the bed and the bathroom was miniscule.
Response by Clift
As a historical building, we have many different styles and configurations of rooms. If ever a guest is uncomfortable in their room, the front desk is standing by to assist in finding the right accommodations for your needs.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Emily
"4 out of 5 stars"
The valet parking is a bit absurdly priced at $52 per night plus a 14% tax. When I checked into my room I was given a room on the 3rd floor. I went to my room and it smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. I called to the front desk and they changed my room to a lovely room on the 16th floor. That definitely made my stay that much better. It was a bit of a pain to have to go to the lobby to get my coffee in the morning. The lemon/cucumber water was a nice touch.
Response by Clift
I am pleased to see that the Front Desk was able to turn your stay around by quickly resolving your room issue. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope to welcome you back to Clift.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Amber
"Quite different"
Staff was great,!, the only issue I had was for the price the room was tiny and we supposedly got a bigger room not true. Parking is complicated make sure you call down 15 minutes in advance. Bar becomes a night club okay if your in your 30,s
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"weekend fun"
Awesome stay! had a great time. Hotel was fantastic!
Response by Clift
We think you are awesome too and look forward to welcoming you back to Clift!
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
edgar
Perfect location and proximity to shopping at Union Square. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. The Redroom was great for getting snacks and a drink after shopping all day. Overall room was clean and comfortable.
Response by Clift
Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am pleased to see we hit the mark with your experience! Thank you for the wonderful comments.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Don't stay in a room with adjoining door. A+ hotel"
I usually stay at the Clift Hotel when I'm in town. The rooms are nice and comfortable. All the staff are helpful, accommodating, and most of all nice. One major tip: DO NOT GET A ROOM WITH AN ADJOINING DOOR. You can hear every single conversation from your neighbor. My neighbors were up until 5am and I couldn't sleep. Fortunately, they changed and upgraded my room for the following night.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Nelson
"nice but past its prime"
Location was great, staff was friendly, bed was comfortable and the stay was nice, but the hotel could use a little bit of updating. The curtains and other décor seemed dingy and dusty in the room. I can tell 10 years ago the room was top notch but now it just seems a little past its prime.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"new years at the clift"
Stayed fro new years eve.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Greg
"So noisy"
we had a room right next to the elevators and it was ridiculously loud with drunk people coming in at 2:00AM. Woke both of us up for hours. Walls are paper thin and bathrooms are tiny. Not in a great location. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you're just in the city to party.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Jamie
"Great for young couples"
Nice, modern hotel. Small bathrooms with grea bathroom amenities. Union Square area is a little trashy but the oasis inside the hotel lobby is a great escape. Nice weekend lounge vibe downstairs for latenight.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Sage
"Good hotel but soured by overnight parking charge"
Clean and comfortable. Good location is visiting SF as tourist. I'd did not use restaurant, bars or room service. Overnight parking $52 I found to be outrageous. Totally gouging.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Danny
"Great stay in SF"
The Clift is great... Redwood room is nice for a pre-evening cocktail and also turns into a bit of a scene at night. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly as well. Rooms are quite old though and are in need of maintenance and updates. Neighborhood is a bit shady but never really felt unsafe... thats SF for you.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice weekend getaway"
getaway weekend. Hotel staff very polite and friendly. Room with City view best above 6th floor. Room with King was smallest but had a good design aesthetic.. clean lines with color accent. Located near many fine restaurants and shopping. Three blocks from BART, so quite walkable.
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Nailed It!"
Great atmosphere, room was modern & comfortable, wonderful city views. I'd definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"Not our type"
the hotel was nice everyone was friendly & accomodating. Our room was small particularly the bath room. They did not have shelves or drawers for our clothes. You basically live out of your suitcase.
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
MICHAEL
The staff at the hotelwas prefect! Very nice and made you feel safe. The decor is cute but the restroom in my room needed some grout work and flooring badly! That was the only downfall otherwise I would have loved this little place.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Gone girl"
Rooms were small for the price.
Response by Clift
We are a historical building with many different styles and layouts of rooms. If ever you feel that the accommodation provided is not comfortable for your needs, the Front Desk can always locate an alternative room that will better fit your needs.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Coitus and marajuana"
Well for starters the whole hallway reeked of marajuana! And the couple next door was so loud all night. The room was nice and the bed was so comfortable, I will definitely go back againh but what went wrong definitely botherd me.
Response by Clift
I am truly sorry that not all of your experiences at Clift were positive on your last stay. I assure you that we do address issues of odor immediately and charge any guests who smoke in our Hotel as we are a non-smoking establishment.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Pretty luxurious, bed is comfy and they have a great nightlife/bar.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Gina
"A Wonderful Retreat!"
We requested and we were very pleasantly given a complimentary upgrade from a deluxe king to a studio suite. The king bed was in a cozy sleeping alcove and the living room had a large window with a sunny view of Nob Hill. We had early check-in to unpack and then went to a theatre matinee. Returning to the hotel, we had a cocktail in the historic Redwood Room. Our room was so inviting and comfortable, we used room service for dinner and breakfast the next morning. We wanted a relaxing escape and the Clift proved to be perfect.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Ok"
Stayed at this hotel just after it opened and it was great. But the rooms have not been updated since. Carpets definitely need replacing.
Response by Clift
We understand the importance of keeping our product looking fresh, which is why we are constantly working on projects to keep rooms comfortable and appealing to our guests. This year, Clift is celebrating our 100th anniversary and will be making some wonderful changes to our Hotel.
4 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Matthew
"Great Stay at the Clift in San Francisco!"
The staff is terrific in every area. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.
Response by Clift
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clift!
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Cynthia
"Great SF Hotel"
Great place to stay for business or pleasure. Brand new feel. Did it for a night and would definitely stay here again.
Response by Clift
I am happy to see we made a great first impression and that we will be seeing you again in the future. Hopefully next time you can stay a little longer!
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Matthew
An elegant hotel in a great location.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"Great SF Hotel"
Perfect for a quick stay. Close to Union Square. Fun Staff
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Timothy John
"Mixed feelings..."
PROS: - Very Convenient Location- Union Square, close to all major transportation - Great Customer Service at Check-in - Rooms were clean, neat and decently spacious CONS: - Very thin walls mean you get hear everything from outside the hotel and in hotel (hallways and neighboring rooms) - This one is a big one: The hotel has it's own lounge and it gets pretty populated after work hours. During the short time we spent in the lounge we noticed there were a lot of women walking around that were there to find "business". One even openly solicited to my friend. I would expect that kind of thing at a club or some independent lounge but not a 4-star rated hotel.
3 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2015
Anmol
"homophobia"
Awful harrassment
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
andrew
"Valentine's Day Weekend"
Room was small but great for a quick weekend stay. Bed was comfortable and room service was quick and attentive. Parking is way too pricey, adding about $50/a day to your bill. However it's centrally located and seems to be the "it" spot with a cool bar/lounge inside the hotel. Will be coming back!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015