All hotels in Sanibel, Florida, United States of America
1451 Middle Gulf Drive, Sanibel, FL, 33957, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Great amenities
    Great pool
    Bad internet service
Very relaxing and exactly what we were looking for during this retreat.
4 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
"Sundial in December"
We took the red eye and decided to try and check in early. Our room was ready so we were able to take a nap before starting our adventure. We checked out bikes and road to the light house. The only map they had was an island map, it would be helpful if they had a walking/bike trail map. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The pool area was great with the bar, lounge chairs and umbrellas. The one thing I didn't like about it was the water slide was in the same pool. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned and don't like the idea of having the bar and the kids in the same area. But all in all it was a comfortable area. Keep in mind that Sanibel and Captiva are known for their shelling. It was fun to walk the beaches and look for shells but keep in mind, with all the shells the beaches aren't very good for taking a barefoot walk in soft sand. They do have beach chairs but it just wasn't the same for me as sitting on a sandy beach. Don't get me wrong the islands are beautiful, but if it's a soft sandy beach your wanting you might be better staying at Fort Myers Beach and doing a day trip to the islands. There's is plenty to do so have fun and enjoy!
3 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
Douglas D
"Anniversary Celebration Success"
Excellent condo... everyone went out of their way to make our stay unforgettable! Kudos to Robin, the manager and Sam in safety. Couldn't ask for anything better. Beautiful rooms. Gorgeous view. Awesome food & drinks.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"not again"
booked a coastal room bout 300 a night and could see a touch of the water if you stood in one corner. Room was old and outdated. Nice staff but definitely not worth the $$
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
"Very good"
Very nice. A couple of times we had to follow up with the front desk for items - same request twice.
3 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Stephen
"Spacious Condo with a lovely view"
This is a lovely property. There is plenty of space and a lovely screened porch to sit on in the evening. The only problem was finding the check in location (there are no signs pointing the way), and then finding the room. Once we found our way, the stay was great.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"Honeymoon vaca"
We got married in the beach Halloween at sunset. We chose sundial and it was everything we expected. Comfortable, clean, updated, everything was convenient. We didn't use rentals. We ate at their restaurant and after seafood all week we chose steak. It melted in our mouths. Didn't have a beach view and wished we would have gotten that. Nothing was crowded that week. Great honeymoon vacation for over 40 somethIngs.
7 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Judy
"Two thumbs up"
100% satisfied. Hotel was accommodating in all ways and the amenities are fantastic! Staff was kind. Pizza at 'Slice' was delicious. Ping pong poolside was fun. No complaints. Will be back again.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Take a break in Sanibel"
Great!Beautiful, relaxing, peaceful, and just what the Doctor ordered.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
"Relaxing and wonderful"
Spacious, clean comfortable nicely furnished 1 bedroom--really felt like home.had a great view of the pool and the beach. The Staff was friendly and accommodating. The pool area was great-- plenty of lounge chairs great bar and food. The beach was beautiful and the staff made sure you had a lounge chair towels and umbrella- free kayak and paddle board and bike rental too.The grounds are just beautiful there is plenty of space great restaurant, bar and spa. If you're looking for a comfortable condo and a resort feel this is the place.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Dee
"Nice resort on the beach"
The staff was lovely, we even got a room upgrade. The rooms just could have been a bit cleaner. My sons hands and feet were literally black from crawling on the floor
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Needs more lighting in parking areas. I know they are trying to protect turtles but they aren't that far away and our parking faced away from beach. This made me feel unsafe and difficult to find room when we arrived after dark. They need more walk ways to beach besides by main building. Had to walk fairly far in tall grass around buildings to get to actual beach. Was glad they had small market store on site and prices were very reasonable. Will be bringing kids back with us because they were jealous of all the sea shells we found! We didn't have time to use pools, but were on the beach a lot. Island doesn't have much to offer after dark.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Jenny
"Weekend getaway"
We loved this resort. The condo was very clean and had all the essentials. The entire staff was friendly and ready to assist us. All areas of the resort was well cared for and meticulously kept. We enjoyed our bike tour and explored the island. We would absolutely return to the Sundial for another vacation. Check out Bailey's grocery store right on site for a tasty inexpensive breakfast or hot bowl of soup.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Gerard
"Sundial Beach Resort & Spa"
I only gave the overall score a 4 out of 5 because I wasn't quite blown away by the dining. I think I could have just used a few more options. There were also times the recreation service was a little slow. However, I will definitely visit, again! P.S. Awesome sunrise on the beach!
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Edward
Beautiful resort and wonderful amenities that you end up paying extra for when you prepay on expedia! They advertised $160 per night but ended up being $225. Very misleading!
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"The best hotel on sanible island"
My husband and I had a great time right on the water they have everything you need right at the hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Lynn
"End of Summer Getaway!!"
The condo was totally comfortable, clean and beautiful décor. The amenities were nice, except being there off season the main pool was under repair. That was a pain and noisy when eating at the outdoor dining or having a drink. The beach is awesome. Our second trip to the Sundial and will make another trip soon!
4 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
MAX
"Nice condo on the beach"
We have stayed here several times and will stay here again!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"First visit to Sanibel Island"
Our stay was only for two nights, but we had a great time at the Sundial Resort. The resort has direct access to the beach and our room had a nice partial view of the ocean. There were other families in the same building but we did not notice any noise coming from the other rooms. The room was pleasant with full service kitchen, dining area and a living room area with a flat screen TV. The master bedroom had its own TV and there was plenty of space in the closet, dresser and night stands for miscellaneous storage. We drove around Sanibel and the Sundial was a short drive to local restaurants, shops and the local market.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"great for vacation right on the beach"
enjoyed our stay for our honeymoon. staff was very helpful and nice. loved some of the accents. I would definitely encourage people to wear bug spray at dawn and dusk. I got eaten alive by no-see-ums and they itch like crazy, I probably got over 150 bites on my legs, arms, back, and neck.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Very good , muy rico todo
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
ANNELIS
We really liked the hotel and the ammenities. The room was clean and nicely decorated, and also had convenient things to use throughout our stay.The only thing is that we rented a studio for 4 people and found only two bath towels in the bathroom. We called to request a couple more and were told they would take them but they never arrived.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Great hotel very close to the beach."
Our stay was great! Lots of stuff around to enjoy. The beach was an amazing place to just hang out, go shelling or just go for a nice walk.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Cassandra M.
"Seems nicer on the website!"
Room was shabby, bed was uncomfortable. We did not expect this at all when we checked in or looked online to make reservations.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
We had a wonderful, comfortable condo. The beach was clean. Paddle boards and canoes were included. Restaurants were close. I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Right on the beach. Excellent and friendly staff."
Condo was clean with a great view of the ocean. The furniture was relatively new and comfortable. The accommodations were fantastic with free bikes, kayaks and paddle boards.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Mangi64
Clean and comfortable. Great location, close to beach.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Sleepless nights."
The area and amenities were very nice. I had asked for two double beds for the four of us. Instead we got a king and a sleeper couch.I could not move the chest by the couch and ended up sleeping on the couch. Very uncomfortable for the money.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
becky
"Redneck Riveria"
Disappointed in the overall vibe of this hotel. Based on the prices, I was expecting more of an upscale resort. Instead it was not customer friendly and the front desk did not have a clue what was happening around the resort. I encountered a rude person upon my arrival. I was greeted with rules and how much I would have to pay if we broke the rules. ( like not turning in our pool towel cards, etc) The elevator was broken all day in our building which is a problem with luggage, kids and a grandma staying on the 4th floor. There is actually a beautiful lawn beside one of the buildings with a couple of chairs in the grass next to a sign that said "no frisbee, balls or games allowed on the lawn". Seriously, it was saying, don't you dare have fun!! Would not stay here again and won't recommend to any friends. I'll stick with the Marriotts and Hiltons. This hotel needs to take a course on customer service.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Four generation girls getawsy"
Excellent place for family relaxing getaway for young and young at heart. Chance to keep up with the grandchildren. Staff was excellent, room had plenty of space. We are making it a yearly event!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
nini
"Beach front hotel with everything"
We come to this hotel / condo ever year and it never ceases to provide the best experience Sanibel Island has to offer. They have recently completed extensive renovations which now provide an onsite market, several restaurants, spa services, beach rentals etc... We lacked for nothing and the staff were super friendly and helpful. We can't wait to go back again!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"on the beach"
We arrived a bit after 1:00 We we greeted with smiles at the desk. The room is ready for you, oops it's not quite ready, it shouldn't be too long. OK fine we look around find the beach, pool and Tiki bar. An hour later we check with the desk, no not ready yet , ( now remember everyone is in bathing suits and enjoying the resort facilities that you pay extra for.) It's nearly 100 degrees and we are not in bathing suits, swimming, enjoying the ocean or the pool. The second hours passes we check again, not ready yet. At this point we are melting in the heat. We are then reminded by an different front desk person that the check in time is 4:00!!!! It's my Birthday at we are so very unhappy,no one offered to have our bags checked and to change into our suits. What type of RESORT does not offer some sort of concierge service. Hour THREE my blond Husband is melting in the heat, I go to the parking lot to rummage through the suitcase for our suits to be able to change in the bathroom and I check once again... not ready yet. I was furious...... I get back to my broiling husband and he say they called a different room is ready, It's twenty minutes to four.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great location and amentities!"
I enjoyed my stay completely. Very nice condo. Close to pool, beach, and resturants. Staff was extremely friendly. Great price.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Kristy
"Perfect R & R Place"
Sanibel was amazing. Beach was beautiful, warm, and endless seashells. So much to do there but it was all at a relaxing pace. Can't wait to get back there again
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
It's not a hotel it's a condominium..but it was very comfortable and plenty of amenities...
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Jayne
"thanks Joshua!"
we only stayed one night, but wanted to move in. Our original room was given to another family and we were upgraded. I have never been upgraded before! It was and awesome upgrade. Joshua at member services was very helpful and knowledgable about the area. There are lot of activities for kids, kayaks, bikes, great pools.
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
We had a great experience at the Sundial Hotel. The staff was very nice. We asked for dinner suggestions one night and the staff gave us some suggestions as well as printing off directions and a menu without us even asking. There were great food options with a restaurant, a deli and a pizza place in site.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Great location on the beach"
Friendly staff. Had a lot of fun sea kayaking. Our room has plenty of space for family of 6.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
paul
"Entertainment staff not too friendly"
The staff for the kayate and bicycle where not friendly, in fact, they make us feel as if they did not want us to use the equipment.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was beautifully decorated and the beds were very comfortable. Excellent happy hour at the hotels both bars.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
tatiana
"Not a friendly staff! Resort fee for what?!?"
Disappointed with stay- don't complain much but didn't meet our expectations. Some staff that dealt with activities didn't want to be there- didn't have towels 6 times we requested and we pay a resort fee?! C-class motel- not a resort!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
justin
"Next to the beach. Great location."
Anniversary weekend. Great location. Great place to relax.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Expensive ripoff"
very disappointed that i paid $325.00 for a room and had to sleep in a sofa bed. Was told two beds in room and only one. In old section so was not close to activities. Would never stay there again
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Sanibel Family Camp"
Ideal for family stays, this resort has dedicated beach chairs/umbrellas, paddle boards, kayaks, bikes, tennis courts, ping pong tables, pools, BBQ pits, shuffleboard court - all included in the cost of the room. On site is a very cool sea school with great staff. Rooms have all amenities and are comfortable. If you're meticulous you may find fault with the aging elevators, pool slide (what slide? - more like a ramp), and dated exteriors, but really folks, get with the Sanibel vibe and relax already.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Kathleen
"Great spot on the island. Great beach front"
Great beach and pool. Good location to ride bikes to shopping and light house.
Other trip May 28, 2015
terry
"Sun Dial Resort"
Very nice. Beautiful, comfortable. Enjoyed the on-site restaurant. Staff was great in restaurant and on the beach.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Onion
"Nice, updated hotel on the beach"
Great location, super clean room which was updated and had all the amenities we needed. Staff was pleasant and friendly, especially Rose at the restaurant.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Corey
"First time at Sundial and Sanibel"
My husband and I enjoyed our lovely condo that was walking distance (approx. 3 mins) from the beach. We loved our condo and our view of the ocean. It was just all around a delightful stay. I was really impressed with staff and how kind they were. I would highly recommend anyone staying at this resort and will definitely try to come back again. As well, we loved how it was very kid oriented. We saw a lot of families there and hope to bring our daughter next year.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice hotel/resort to stay at, the room we stayed in looked like had recently been updated. Upon check in we opened the refrigerator to put the milk and other grocery items we had purchased that we needed with traveling with an 18month old and the refrigerator was room temperature, it seemed like they had possibly cleaned it and forgot to turn it back on or been working on it. We contacted the front desk and they sent the maintenance man who turned it on or the temperature down and said it working but is going to take awhile to cool down. He contacted the desk since we had items that needed cooled right away and we were offered to put our stuff in a refrigerator in an empty room but if so we wouldnt have access to it unless we contacted staff to get into that room which they wouldnt allow access overnight, only when full staff there. We asked about another room and was told that the only room option available which was a studio instead of a 1 bedroom. We opted to stay in the room we were in and make due - got some ice and put our items in sand buckets and the sink. In the morning went to the beach, paddle boarded, etc which was enjoyable. It didnt seem overly full when we were doing activities at the resort, so I have my doubts there wasnt another room available, but more likely they didnt want to hassle with moving us, or give us a "better room". I would probably stay here again if in Sanibel but would likely consider other hotels first just for that reason.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Allen
"Friendly staff"
Overall it was a clean pleasant experience, however, my minor complaint was the bathroom in the condo we rented. The bathroom was very small with only one towel bar, very little counter space around the bathroom sink and worst of all, the toilet paper roll was up against my left shoulder, very awkward location. But the bathroom was so small that there was no other place to put it I suppose. The front deck staff and the restaurant waitresses were excellent. Restaurant waitress Rose was especially helpful.
Other trip May 19, 2015