All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
1402 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Beachy Keen"
Very nice for the money. Clerk was very helpful and cheerful. The room was nice and did not smell like a lot of beach hotel room do - so that was a plus. I liked that they had easily accessible internet and the breakfast, although nothing but carbs, was enough to carry us until lunch. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
Kenneth
"Ok"
Only stayed one night before taking my family on a cruise. It was great for what we stayed for.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
tyrone
"Nasty"
Rooms were filthy. Floors haven't been cleaned in awhile! We threw away every pair of socks we all had on because they were totally black after one evening.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Not a good place. Daily maintenance has been neglected.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Pretty Rough"
One of the comforters had hair and dirt on it. It looked like MAYBE the sheets were clean, but after seeing the filth on the comforter, who knows. for 140.00 off season, I was disappointed. It was pretty run-down looking. The location was ok.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Pleasant Stay"
Pleasant and responsive staff, room comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Jonathan
"Galveston dickens on the strand."
right across the road from the beach. there is a Dennys in the parking lot. also a salt grass steak house across the road. nice quiet dog friendly hotel. not far from the strand about 2 1/2 miles.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
sandra
"Steps away from the ocean"
Overall stay was ok. The staff was excellent upon check in and out.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
MissIndia
"Nice hotel close to the beach and restaurants"
Clean hotel and enjoyed my stay close to the beach and attraction.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
eva
"Stayed here for Lone Star Rally"
Clean comfortable room right across street from water . Located a mile and a half from the Strand or Criuse Terminal . There's a Denny's restaurant right beside hotel . I would stay here again .
business owner
"Headed to Galviston for a cruise !"
Was nice place to stay for the price , real enjoyed are stay. Continental breakfast , and right across street from ocean , and close to pleasure Pier and lots of food and entertainment. Thank you to the staff.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Alfred
"La Quinta Review"
Room was not very clean. Table between beds at least 8" from wall and layer of dust and hair behind it. Walls had numerous marks and needed paint. Carpet had stains and should be replaced. Lighting in the room was very bad, especially in the bathroom. Reception was friendly and they provided a nice variety for continental breakfast. Hotel is right across from the beach.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
Roxane
"Clean and beach is frint yard"
Shower curtain had black mold on it.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Ramona
"Weekend stay"
Came to Galveston for two Carnival ship inspections. We looked for someplace inexpensive and convenient to the cruise terminal. It was what we expected and our stay was okay. Breakfast area was smallish and good if you like waffles. We wouldn't stay there again.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Ralph
"highly recommend will stay again"
Got got it just to get away for a night ... and we loved it !
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Really nice stay!"
The La Quinta was a really nice, affordable choice for an overnight stay. The rooms were lovely, and really up-to-date in terms of the tv/internet options. The room was very clean and spacious, and the bathroom was in good shape. The staff at the desk was really friendly, and helped us check in early, and it includes breakfast! Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Kate
"Save your money."
Disappointed in the condition of the hotel compared to other La Quinta's I've stayed at. The hotel is old and needs a complete makeover. Baseboards are grimy dirty.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
"below what is expected from Quinta inn hotels"
Below expectations, I've stayed in Quinta inn many times, it's usually better than this
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Good but at the same time bad!!"
It was nice for the price but it need some updates and cleaning more the corners of the room and to smell better!!!
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Bad weekend getaway experience"
I wanted a nice weekend getaway with friends. Saw this place, look kinda nice in pictures, so I decided to book it. Arrived at the hotel, it looks like an old apartment complex. Went into the room and the whole experience becomes bad. It was filthy, dirty blanket, dirty pillow cover, clogged bathtub drain. It was very small, nothing like in the pictures at all. Not enough lighting, one of the table lamp is broken too. This is what I get for trying to save little money. I should of have paying a little more and going to a different hotel. Overall, bad experience. I would not come back or recommend this place to friends.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Ken C.
It was ok the room is ok but the outside looks bad
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"No Hot Water, rude front desk."
Checked in on Sunday, was told the hotel had no hot water and it wouldn't be fixed till Tuesday. Had no time or extra money to find somewhere else to stay. The front desk and management offered nothing. Had to take cold showers for 2 days, I didn't expect luxury, but did expect hot water, and feel fixing should have been a priority not a 2 days away job.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
The hot water was out and we were unavailable until 1030 which is just before check out time. The front desk was unwilling to offer any apologies and/or an extended check out time to accomodate us.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Trish made the stay amazing!"
Trish went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed for stay, as well as info for a fishing trip. She was so friendly and fun, we will stay again!!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Cheri Long
"Near the beach but not the cleanest"
We chose this hotel because it's close to the beach and we would only be there for a few nights before our cruise. Overall the staff was nice but the actual property was a little bit grungy. The bathroom floors and corners of the room were dirty. The beds were decent, no big complaints there. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for more than a night or two.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Candace
"Good place to stay"
Other than Mosquitos in the room everything was good. We checked in very late and the night clerk was fantastic. Even upgraded our room so we could be on the ground floor. Breakfast was good too. Will stay here again !!!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Good hotel you can stay with pet"
Good hotel you can stay with pet. The only I could find which allowed dog in the room.
4 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Alex
"Not bad. Close to beach."
Breakfast was ok, cold cereal, really dry muffins and bagels, make your own waffles, yogurt and juice. Pool was nice. Location is really good for getting to the beaches, restaurants, and shops. You pretty much have to drive everywhere though.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Kansas family
Everything was very comfortable! Room was very Clean and everyone was very friendly.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
This was overall a nice hotel for the $$. We felt safe during our stay. The staff was nice. The breakfast was good. Nothing fancy, but it worked for our desire to be near the gulf. It was a short walk across the street and we were at there.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Over All A Good Stay"
Not as nice as another hotel I stayed at close by but over all a good stay and good night sleep.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Rita
Very satisfactory except there was no hot water.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"the dirtiest la quinta"
My family and I have travel all over America for vacation. We've stayed at various hotels and inns.And many different LA Quinta's and other choice hotels. For the price and location of this hotel it was extremely disappointing for the following reasons. 1.) Incredible amount of mosquitoes in the room. Our room specifically because I spoke to other customer s in the morning they didn't have mosquitos. We got on the bed and moved the pillows and whole lit of mosquitos flew out, also out of lamp shades and shower curtains. 2.) Towels looked brownish gray. 3.) Bedsheets didn't look like they've been changed. Crinkly. 4.) Corners of the floor and carpet had rolls of dust bunnies. 5.) Sticky stuff on carpet in front of desk in the room. 6.) Coffee machine had old coffee bag smelly moldy from god knows when. 7.) Overall dirty rooms. Dirty walk ways. And hotel and room does not look like the pictures posted online.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
dawn
"worse part of my tr\ip"
I have chosen this hotel just because i wanted a near hotel to the port as we have our cruise started just the day after and there were no much options at the reservation time and we thought that this will be a good choice due to its location from the Royal Caribbean port. The rooms were below average and they were not clean. Moreover, as it was a motel, we had to carry our luggage ourselves and we were OK with that if the trolley was in a good condition but unfortunately, it was not; indeed, it had a flat tire which makes it very difficult to move. at the checkout day and while we were trying to put all of our luggage on the cart, the housekeeper was cleaning the room next to our room and he had his cart on the middle of the way preventing us to reach our room and although he saw us suffering he did not move or at least offer to do so.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Firas
"Nice hotel--convenient to everything"
Very nice and clean hotel. Didn't stay around much, but nice breakfast, clean rooms and really good air conditioning!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
EB
"Beach Blanket Bingo Festival in Galveston"
Stayed one night, good location right by the seawall and free (relatively) fulfilling breakfast.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Dee
"Worked well for my needs"
I had business at the federal courthouse for several days in a row and needed a place to stay in Galveston rather than commute from Houston each day. Positives: Free wifi worked well, desk and chair in room where I could work each night, fridge in room. Concerns: One night, I awoke to someone pounding on the door of the room next door to mine at 3 AM. I called the front desk and asked if there was security on duty, but was told they are only there on weekends and I should call the "cops." Also, the parking lot was really dirty/littered. First morning of my stay the bed wasn't made - just trash emptied. Overall, the stay was worth what I paid (I wasn't expecting luxury service & facilities for budget pricing). I didn't get to take advantage of the breakfast, but the food area was crowded each morning. GREAT location right across the street from the beach!
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
"A place to shower and sleep"
If you are looking for the "hotel experience" as part of your stay than this isn't your place. If you are looking for a comfy bed and a hot shower at the end of your island day than this what you are looking for. I had a three night stay here. It was close to the points of interest I went to Galveston for and it met my needs for my times at rest.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Close to the beach and seawall activities."
The room itself was clean and nice. However, the outside was badly littered. No true beach views. Front overlooks Denny's and back overlooks parking lot. For the money, I would not stay here again. Parking lot shares Denny's traffic as well. You are given a parking pass to allow for one vehicle.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Expedia check in says 3:00 but they said they standard check in time is 4:00. I wish we knew this information prior to. The inside of the room was nice. The hotel was decent. It was close to the beach.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Forceful entry"
Great placement right near beach and down the street from pleasure peir, staff unfriendly except for 2 gsrs, rooms somewhat clean shower was nasty and I had a nasty foot print on my comforter and stain on my sheets, the doors are kinda scary u have to turn the handle up and throw yourself into the door to get in. We had I switch rooms cause of noise and the door we were scared we couldn't get into our dog both rooms had this issue and I saw someone else struggle with it aswell and wifi didn't touch our room. You honestly get what you pay for
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
amanda
"Nice accommodations, near many restaurants/beach"
Professionalism of staff wasn't that great (doo rags at work?!, some less than friendly). Breakfast was weak and broken down 10 minutes early so many people missed out. The room was clean however when they "cleaned" the room, they didn't empty the trash (that was overflowing), took dirty towels but didn't replace them (we had to get more by going to the front desk ourselves- and toilet paper as well) so it basically looked like they made the beds and vacuumed. Front desk staff was helpful and nice. The pool was clean and we didn't leave with a heavy chlorine smell on us which was a bonus. Not sure I'd stay here again but it was a good location and a reasonably clean room.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Christina
"ok hotel, but pricey for what you get"
Exterior of hotel can use some work but rooms are nice. It is nice for the level of hotel it is. It is in a good location. I was traveling with dogs and I know you will never get a great hotel when you have them.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Meh"
Not up to quality I anticipated. It's a motel with outside doors and a common walkway. We prefer hotels with indoor halls and private balconies. That's what I get for booking very late. Wood floors in bathroom area seemed clean, but an odd choice for a beach hotel. Tub had some black crud in one spot of the the caulking. All personal care items were small and cheap. Probably will avoid La Quinta in the future.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
The hotel was alright. I guess you get what you pay for. Parking was very tight and crowded. Room was clean, but found a roach in the bathroom.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Beach right across the street"
The staff was very nice. My 1 year old granddaughter was still napping at check out time. They were so sweet and extended our check out so we wouldn't have to wake her. It is in a good location close to beach, dinning and shopping. We will return.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Vicci
They put us in a room for two adults and three kids that was way to small. No toilet pepper no soap and the room was gross never ever again will I stay there. Found a room down the road that was way better and big enough for my family and it was half the price!!
5 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Great Location. You are paying for the location not the room. The carpet was very dirty and we had to ask the front desk for toilet paper. I agree with everyone about the parking it's very limited. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Fields
"Great access to dining and beach"
The not-a-hotel, but a MOTEL was ok. The pictures online led me to believe that it was a HOTEL and not a MOTEL, but we ended up bringing a puppy, so the outside access was better for that reason. They did not make my bed, which was disappointing. I did not ask to have the sheets changed (you put a card on your pillow if you want them to change them), but they should have at least made the bed. The service was great. Jazmine was wonderful, and they let us split the payment between my sister and I which made thing easier on us. There are restaurants and a gift shop within walking distance. The beach is right across the street, which is nice, too. We didn't have to drive anywhere.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Ok hotel"
We went there thinking it would be nice but we found out it was only so much money because it was close to the beach and the part we stayed at smelled so bad we hardly stayed in the room!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014