All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
1402 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Breakfast is average
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
Couldn't really cool room down like I would have liked
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Robin
"Bad experience for not cheap price."
Room was not clean,sink was not clean Ithink in like a week disgusting!!!,bath tub clog.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Alma
"Never again"
Our room was stinky and unclean and had dead bugs. The bathroom had a sewage smell and there was black mold in the shower and on the shower curtain. The drain was also clogged and didn't drain the water properly.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Awful"
First thing to note this is MOTEL. You drive up to your room everything on the outside. The pictures and information provided was very deceptive regarding this. It is very old and in need of a lot of TLC. Very dirty, roaches everywhere. I killed 4 just going to my room. When we arrived to check-in the person behind the counter literally said "What you need?" Seriously?! Then when we checked into our room it smelled like an ashtray. We were given another room however we were downgraded from 2 king beds to 2 double beds. The pool area was nice enough though. Breakfast was laughable. 3 choices of cereal, apples, bananas and some bread items plus some waffle makers. We will not be staying here again and I have warned my friends against staying here as well.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"nice close to beach"
Nice close to beach, walking distance to restaurants, quiet, nice staff
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
yvonne
"average stay"
Overall, good location but thought it was a bit pricey for an average hotel. Reservations were made thru hotel.com and when i checked in at the front desk they told me my reservation had been cancelled even though I had a printed out confirmation number, therefore, the bottom floor room that I requested was given to someone else
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Sandra
"roach with no view"
I booked this one, mainly cause it had gulf view, sad thing was this view was often blocked by the walkway in front of my room. people could look in if they went by, so we had to keep that closed. I was disgusted by the roaches in abundance when the lights were out, they covered the walls and sink. It was the worse night ever, woke up each time the air unit clicked on. and woke up each time it clicked off, cause it sounds like someone breaking in the room. I told the manager before I left, and she was like well ok, like they hear the same complaint and don't care. Will never stay at another La Quinta. Ever!!!!
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
LAURA
"Mold, dirty"
This was a very expensive hotel based upon the fact that its situated across the street from the beach. This hotel is very old and poorly kept. The room had filthy comforters, bed sheets, the walls were filled with mold and the ceiling. The carpet was filthy and smelled horrible. The hotel should be demolished !!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Veronica
"Not bad, just need to exterminate"
Location was central to lots of activities on the Seawall which was nice. Two double beds were a little small for our family but we made it work. Only problem was a very large roach that crawled on our wall one night. We bought a can of spray that we used to treat the room the next day and didn't have any more trouble after that. We did see other roaches around the property so it could probably use a good treatment by an exterminator. The breakfast area was always very crowded so never was able to enjoy that option. Overall though the stay was pretty good.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Not worth the money..."
First of all, it's a hotel with entrance from the outside. The staff were very friendly, but the hotel is very over priced. The rooms look much better than the outside. The breakfast consisted of muffins, doughnuts, boiled eggs and self made waffles. The best part about hotel is being across street from beach.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Pbu
Had made a reservation for a deluxe room, and when i got to the hotel all they had available was standard even though that i even had a copy of the reservation. Couldn't do anything about it.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Worst la quinta I've stayed at"
The hotel wasn't clean at all there were stains on the pillow cases and sheets, the room had an ugly smell, the tub had dirt all along the bottom, and to top it off I had the ac at the coolest setting and the room was still warm. I will definitely not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
sam
"Nice Hotel close to Beach. Great Breakfast!"
Staff was excellent to deal with. Our room was clean except for floor. 1st time we used the toilet it backed up and a maintenance man immediately showed up and cleared toilet and vacuumed room. Because the staff was so prompt I gave them a break on their rating. We will stay there again. The staff at front desk was a pleasure to deal with.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Chuck
"Don't stay here"
This hotel is run-down and poorly maintained. The walkways were dirty and pool was milky.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Vince
"I would stay there again"
Rooms were clean. The location was great - close to beach and a short drive to the Strand and historic districts.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Lanette
Lots of available parking. Easy beach access. Excellent breakfast. Very clean rooms.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"yucky motel but close to beach"
Stained sheets, dank smell, very uncomfortable bed, smelly bathroom , smoky nonsmoking room! Over all very yucky rooms!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
teddy
"Dirty room"
Our room was not apparently dirty upon arrival but became so the longer we were in the room. After a period of time, we realized it really had not been cleaned well, and we decided we would not be comfortable staying at this hotel for the rest of our stay.
4 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Great service , clean rooms
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"great time on the island"
the hotel was great the staff was ok but 1 of the office personnel was advising us not to go to the beach even though there were not advisories against it other than that we ha d a blast
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Not Worth The $"
Considering that my two night stay cost me $240/night, and based on the photos - which present a very simple, clean, "modern" feeling facility - and because this is a tourist destination, I expected this to be a fair to nice La Quinta location. They have horrible hotels, and they have decent hotels. This one bordered horrible. The photos lie - completely and I could tell from the moment I walked in to check in. First of all, it is not apparent from anything online that this is a Motel style exterior entrance hotel. You'll park outside, walk up stairs and have a door along the exterior walkway. The vast majority of the rooms do not have an ocean view, and the view those do have isn't worth it. I paid for 2 Queen beds - I got 2 Full beds. There is a big and noticeable difference. The toilet backed up both nights we were there and the bathroom wreaked. The first night there, a car alarm went off at 3AM, so we checked to see if our cars were okay only to find a shirtless thug clearly walking away from the honking car that he'd just attempted to break into. 2 nights, $480 dollars, very little sleep and a trashy hotel? No thank you. Stay anywhere else, this place is an overpriced dive despite looking bearably decent in photos.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
B
Pretty dirty place. Need to clean floors, elevators, pool, etc.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Good hotel close to the beach"
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE CHANELS ON THE TV.THERE ARE FEW CHANNELS OTHER than that THE HOTEL IS GOOD
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
fernando
"Smelly fly room stay"
There was a very distinct smell every time I entered the room along with several flies! Trying to swat and kill flies was not part of the getaway plan.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2015
Maria
"over priced"
location was on the beach; cond of room was old; carpet and floor not very clean; price for high season is just way to high for this hotel. the breakfest was the only bright spot.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
rojelio
"great location, great customer service"
We booked a room with 2 queen beds and an ocean view. The first room that they gave us smelled very musty/moldy. The smell didn't go away and we noticed that the carpet was wet in one area. We asked for a new room and reported the problem. The new room was great. No problems at all. It was very clean and comfortable. The ocean view doesn't mean alot since there is no balcony or anything. Just a small hotel window to look out of. The hotel is nothing fancy but it'll work. However, the location is perfect. You can walk across the Seawall and enjoy the beach and it's very close to all our favorite restaurants on the island.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Leslie
"Close to the beach"
The only things I can say nice about the hotel is that it is right on the seawall and near a crosswalk so that beach access is very close and the front office staff were nice However, the price is very high for what you actually get - very small uncomfortable beds, a very small bathroom that had mold on the shower curtain and on the wall, breakfast was disappointing, and a horrible stench of garbage. We could not swim in the pool or walk near the elevator without smelling rotting garbage.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Robyn
WE were disappointed to pay $200 + a night. Painting was going on--hotel just was not up to snuff for $ we felt. Our toilet stopped up--a dog barked in next room--saw roach in coffee bar.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Lynn
"Great location on east seawall."
The front desk staff was efficient and courteous. The beds in our room (302) were nearly as comfortable as those we have at home and the towels were of good quality. Two very desirable features. The layout of our room had the bathroom just inside the door, (not our favorite). A few hours after we checked out, we discovered we needed to stay in Galveston an additional night. The agent (Sharon) was accommodating . We were given room 334, which had our preferred layout, (bathroom to the rear of the room), however the beds were not as comfortable. The showerheads in both rooms could use updating. There was some sna-foo with the elevator and the key cards stopped working a couple of times. The exterior is certainly showing wear and tear. As is often the case, you need to determine the priorities. The property ammenities stated pillow-top mattresses, the price was reasonable for our time frame, and the location was close to the hospital. It worked out just fine.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Trishila
"Close to Bourbon St"
I had 5 rooms for a group of 12 ladies. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I will say the appearance when you pull up is a little iffy but the rooms were nice inside. Would stay again.
Other trip May 23, 2015
irene
"Close to the beach, Moderate conditions"
Not the fanciest hotel, but pretty good service provided by the staff. And very clean rooms. It was a wonderful trip
Other trip May 20, 2015
Jeymi
"Nice hotel next to beach"
It was amazing.nice staff very kind and paicient. The room was clean nice clean sheets and everything i was reading the reviews and expected something worse but it was great.
Other trip May 20, 2015
jackie
"Decent"
Went here with my husband and dog because they are one of the few hotels on the island that allow dogs. First room they put us in was very dirty, carpet was wet, and bathroom smelled like someone peed all over the floor. Went down to the front desk and they were very nice and apologetic, she moved us to the room next door. The room was cleaner, but I still wouldn't walk on the floors without any shoes. There were a couple pieces of hair from the last guess I'm assuming, but I felt more comfortable than the last room we were in. Beds were pretty comfortable, and the AC was very cold. Right across the street from the beach so very convenient. If we decide to travel down there again with our dog, we will probably try staying at the other la Quinta on the island just to see if it's any better.
3 night family trip May 11, 2015
Tara
"Clean, Great Staff, and Convenient Location"
The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was excellent throughout our stay. Parking was tight, but the convenient location to both the sea and the strand made it an excellent value. I would stay again.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Middle of the road"
We spent most of the weekend out and about. The room was nice and clean. The outside not so much. Overall, it was decent and I would stay here again.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Mix up with the type of room we booked."
No impressed. We booked (and paid for) a nonsmoking room. We have two young children, so this was a big deal to us. I also specifically asked in my booking to be put in a quiet area of the hotel. To my dismay when we arrived we were given a smoking room, right on the stairwell. My kids had a hard time breathing in the room because the smell of the cigarette smoke was so potent, and we were kept up all night long because people were so loud banging their suitcases up and down the stairwell. We were leaving on a cruise early the next morning so all of Galveston was totally booked up. It was nice that the hotel was right across the street from the beach, and the staff was nice enough. We won't stay here again though.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Nice hotel but a bit pricey"
Nice hotel but for the money I'd expect a better breakfast
Other trip May 10, 2015
jason
"We wanted a room centrally located"
Very friendly and helpful staff. We found all we needed and enjoyed our stay.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Fred
"decent in the hood"
Older hotel not in the best neighborhood. The room was comfy and clean but the overall grounds could use some tlc. The girls at the front desk were unprofessional and unattentive. The free breakfast was a plus. Just don't go to this hotel expecting a great gulf view and clean pool.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
I loved my stay only thing pool was nasty lots of trash and hair in pool other than that great
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Old but okay"
Everything about Galveston area was great. Hotel was old and did not have sprinkler system..can't recall if there were smoke detectors or not. Parking is awful..was blocked in by another guest who was very inconsiderate. Breakfast was very limited, not as good as others we have experienced. Probably would not stay here again.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Great place to stay for the JA-GA Festival"
The hotel was close to the event that we were attending. The beds were a little small to me. But I plan on staying here again in 2016 if the event is in Galveston next year.
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Debra
"misleading"
They used the pictures from the other laquinta to promote this hotel also which was very misleading outside the hotel was dirty the bed are very comfortable and the night time receptionists was very rude
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Larhonda
"Disappointed."
Stuff, very nice!! Location and condition , disappointed!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"You can do better"
An older property. About a 2 star really. Too much money for the quality. You can do better in Galveston.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Dale
"La Quinta Inn - east Galveston."
Hotel is right on the beach and in a safe area. The staff was welcoming and accommodating. The outside wasn't much to look at but not terrible either. The room inside was immaculate as was the bathroom. Beds were very comfortable and sheets were crisp and clean. I recommend.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Bonnie
"cheap and clean"
It's not a fancy resort, but for the cheap price La Quinta provided a nice room that was clean and excellent hotel staff. Every time I need a hotel La Quinta will be my first option :)
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Rene
"Short Stay"
Enjoyed our short stay. There was an outage causing the Cable/TV not to work properly. There was renovations such as outside painting, electrical work going on during our stay. It was an enjoyable stay.
2 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Luis
"clean but worn"
room is clean but old and has a disinfecton order. staff is friendly
2 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
"excellent customer service reasonably priced"
overall the hotel is nice, clean and the customer service is outstanding. This property is in the East end beach of Galveston. it is older and a little rundown. if you're looking for a quick weekend getaway and you're looking to budget your trip, this is a great place for a great price.
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015