All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
8757 Rio San Diego Dr, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Nice Place to Stay"
First off the staff was amazingly kind and helpful. Everyone we came across greeted us with a smile and asked us how we were doing. Our room was clean and featured some nice bonus features like: an empty refrigerator, a small couch, and a balcony. The pool was a decent size and there were cabana "rooms" off to the side that were very comfortable. They even had an exercise room facing the pool a few bikes outside. The one complaint I had about the hotel is the thin walls. Of course I don't blame the Marriott for rude customers, but you could hear others somewhat easily. The hotel is just down the road from Qualcomm Stadium (why we chose the location) and is very close to three outdoor malls so you are near shops and eateries. Its also within walking distance to the light rail.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Shira
"Disapointed"
The room was not very clean and was WAY to small. Had to pay extra for WiFi and parking. No view.No refrigerator. only one bar soap for hand sink and shower. Towels were very scratchy.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Katelynn
"A Very Nice Place!"
I stayed here for a conference. The hotel staff was exemplary and accommodating. No complaints, would definitely stay here again.
3 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Alethea
"Ok but a experienced a deal breaker"
No housecleaning came to make the bed and replace fresh towels. On the day we were checking out she came by at 8am to clean the room and woke us up.
Response by San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Thank you for taking the time to share your review during your recent visit. It disappoints us to read about your housekeeping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be addressing this matter with the appropriate management to avoid such problems in the future. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Jenn
The room was clean and spacious. Nice view from the balcony.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Need TLC"
The hotel needs updating. A lot of updating. Our initial room smelled so horrible like old body ordor. House keeping came up and freshened up the room and change the sheets, the room still had that stench. The next day we were changed rooms. Our new room smelled just as bad!! I'm guessing the hotel needs a good cleaning. Staff was very friendly I will never stay there again
Response by San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Thank you for sharing your review of the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley. We are happy to hear about your experience with our staff. I am sorry that we were not able to find a resolution to the problem you experienced. Your valued feedback highlighted an area for improvement that I have since shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that these issues are corrected moving forward. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Close to all San Diego has to offer."
As a woman traveling by myself for business I felt safe. The room was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Hotel is clean and nice."
Room was clean. It was a short drive to shopping and restaurants. Downtown was probably about a 10-15 minute drive. neighborhood was clean and safe but not much night life within walking distance. Exercise room was pretty good, there were treadmills, elliptical, weight benches with free weights, yoga balls, kettle balls and medicine balls. There was also a cable all in one weight machine. They even had stationary bikes right next to the pool which i thought was a nice feature. The breakfast at the restaurant is expensive so we ate elsewhere. I would definitely recommend staying here it was close to hotel circle and about 1 mile from a mall and movie theater.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Don't think you should have to pay an additional $20 a night for parking !!! Not sure I would stay here again...
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Good Vacation!"
This hotel was just beautiful. Enjoyed very much.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"overall good stay!"
Overall good service, but dinging them a point for their parking attendants lack of professionalism. Upon arrival valet never offered to take our bags, assist in checkin, open the door, etc, all things I would expect from a half way decent hotel. Not a huge deal, but when dealing with hospitality I expect more. Aside from that, Front desk staff were friendly and expedient. Room was spotless, comfortable, and quiet. The hotel's location was convenient for us as we were going to Balboa for weekend, so definitely recommend! I would absolutely come back, just hopefully next time valet will get off their butts (literally)., it's not hard
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Jacob
Sadly, even though we were told our king bedroom was available for check in when we called, on arrival we were given a two double room. This was uncomfortable and especially disappointing for Valentines Day. A few other things occurred like keys being deactivated prior to checkout, etc. We are silver rewards members, Marriott vacation owners, and frequent travelers, and are now less likely to choose this location. We had previously had good stays here. So sorry and disappointed.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great sty but too short."
Just one night. I wish I had more time to check out all the amenities. The pool was gorgeous (even if it's not heated). The staff is super friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Gene
"Should tell you in advance of all charges"
The room was nice and clean. Nothing more though. We can't get over the eighteen dollar charge to park our car.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
norma
"The stay was great"
Everything except the maid service was great. When we stayed the 1st nnight the morning we went out for breakfast the maid service came into the room as usual to clean. The didnt do too good of a job. The shower that we used the night before was not washed completely. There was still residue from my husband's shower. We went straight to the hotel right after work and he works on cars. The maid just seemed like she just wanted to rince the tub as opposed to washing the tub. That night my husband didnt want to call the front desk to complain but I wanted to. We figured that everything else was great except for the shower. But if there is a maid who is in training she should be told of the mistakes. The hotel staff was great the valet was great and the hotel itself was great.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Jen
Everything was great and customer service was excellent
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Centrally located and easy to get any where"
Very comfortable bed, quiet room. But don't leave anything behind. I left my phone charger plugged into the bedside lamp. Called after we checked out. Housekeeping did not turn it in. Disappointed in that.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Business Trip"
Great Stay. Friendly staff
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
Don
"Marriott Mission Valley is the Best!"
My husband and I enjoyed a two night stay at the Marriott at the end of January 2015. I would highly recommend this beautiful hotel. The Hotel is very clean, from the lobby area to the room itself. There is a beautiful pool area. A wonderful breakfast is available, for purchase, with a variety of selections offered. On weekends, they add a wonderful breakfast buffet. We will definitely choose a Marriott facility on our next trip. The service offered by the staff was exemplary from the check-in staff to the parking attendant, who offered to help us with directions. Yes, we would definitely recommend this facility.
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
Tania
"Great place"
Very clean.. Great customer service
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Solid business hotel"
Comfortable stay. Friendly and helpful staff both at the front desk and restaurant/bar. Gym facilities also a plus.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Clean room, extremely comfortable sheets and beds. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Deadra
"Lovely hotel!"
I stayed at this hotel on January 23-24, 2015. I paid $150 for one night and it was totally worth it. The employees were super friendly. The check in and check out process was quick. I do recommend getting the parking package. You get to come and go as much as you'd like without paying additional fees. You'll save a lot of money. The atmosphere was relaxing and the hotel is in close proximity to most attractions and downtown.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Ashley
Great hotel for the price. We'll definitely stay again!
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
The staff were very helpful and nice. The room was Perfect!! Hope to go back soon!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Recommend!"
Really enjoyed it! Very central location. Easy to get in and out. Comfortable bed. Very clean.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2015
Dawn
"Mariott still delivers"
I only stayed one night. The room was very comfortable with lots of room.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Ed
"Loved it"
Beautiful hotel. Worth every cent. I have already told others. The only negative is the popcorn ceilings in the rooms.
T7886
Friendly and comfortable without an air of stuffiness.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Loved the bed. More comfortable than even the heavenly bed at Westin. Room was spacious, quiet and clean. Good job Marriott
Nick
"Great hotel in San Diego Mission Valley"
Friendly staff, comfortable room, can't ask for anything more. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in town.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Howard
"Safe comfort"
Everything I expected. A Bit expensive... will be back in February for a week Is there a weekly rate?
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great place to stay near SDSU"
Perfect location for visiting SDSU! Great shopping close by to address all your student's needs, and easy distance to the SDSU campus.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Relaxing"
Hotel was pleasing, clean and comfortable. The location, convenient. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and courteous.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Allen
"nice place"
great
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great hotel and very clean"
Came in town for a cheer competition. Got in late and left early the next morning... Didn't take advantage of any amenities but hotel was very nice... Would definitely stay there again!! Pool looked beautiful at nighttime!!
Tammy
"Clean room, strict on breakfast"
Great place to stay. Very clean and comfy room. Part of the room package included free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. My daughter,friend and her grandma came down to eat while I moved the car, waitress was very "annoyed" and quickly as me for my room number as soon as I walked in. I let her know that our room included breakfast, and she shot back, "For how many?" I honestly didnt know for how many. My mother in law and I were the only ones that actually ate the cooked food breakfast, but my daughter and her friend had a yogurt and toast...i seen her go call to verify my last name and room number, she came back and told me that my breakfast only included 2 people...so she charged me for the girls. Just an FYI for anyone staying , you will get a bill for your food at a value zero, but you are expected to tip at the full value of meal $50 for 2 breakfast, and the waitress will tell you this directly. Food is good, but service may need a softer touch in the waitress dept.G
Maria
"Good stay."
The room is small, however new, quiet and comfortable. The location is not downtown, but still convenient. It is close to foods, super market and point of views.
4 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
yusheng
"Thumbs up!"
The hotel nice, good size room and clean. It was near an outdoor Westfield mall but it wasn't very good but the freeway and Wendy's was very close.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Girls trip."
Overall very good stay. Clean room and good room service.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"."
Unfortunately, the water was turned off during my stay for maintenance. Just bad timing. The staff did their best to make it up with little perks. The food in the lounge was made with extremely old food that should have never made it past the garbage bins. A comment to the server was brushed off. It was completely inedible. Overall a comfortable stay, but I would venture out to one of the numerous restaurants in the neighborhood
3 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"disappointed"
Have stayed at this hotel several times a year for last 15 years. This time could not get room service menu. Did not get preordered room service breakfast. Had to walk through smoking parking attendants to get to self park lot. Housekeeping staff was pleasant. Dining room staff helpful. Front desk staff needs to be replaced. This will be my last visit to this hotel, although I will continue to visit San Diego 5 to 6 times per year.
Response by San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit. We are delighted to hear about your experience with our Housekeeping and DEN Restaurant staff. It disappoints us to learn that you had a negative experience with our front desk and parking staff. We can assure you that this is not the standard we aim to provide our guests. We appreciate your feedback regarding the service you received as it aids us to improve the overall guest experience and we hope that you will allow us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
nan
"Close to Point Loma"
Great Hotel.....................will visit again : )
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Very comfortable"
Great accomodations and service! Except for being a little noisy late at night and an empty ice machine, stay was very nice. Paying for parking was ridiculous tho. For the price u pay, that definitely should be included!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
CAD
"Niceness"
Great place to get away. Nice and courteous staff. Will stay here again in the future!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Erik
"Thank You"
All concerns were addressed when brought to attention of management. Love the bed!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Excellent Staff"
The staff took pride in the hotel. They made sure our accommodations were clean and orderly every day. The food was awesome, and I really can't say enough about this hotel. I highly recommend it to others.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
on vacation
"Great night before a football game"
Great place to stay before a Chargers vs. your favorite team game. Hang out with your fellow fans from all over the country. Its a short tram ride to the stadium or about a 35 min walk. Hotel will honor your overnight parking until end of the game. Parking itself makes this hotel a great stay so pre-book the parking and breakfast (normally 2x the booking price for the buffet breakfast so order in advance, a great value for a teenage appetite in the group).
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Liked the location to the trolley to go to the stadium and downtown
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Great location for Qualcomm Stadium"
We booked this hotel due to its location to Qualcomm Stadium. On Chargers v. Broncos game day, we walked to the stadium (approx. 1.5 miles) and avoided the traffic and large parking fees closer to the stadium. The hotel is nice and the staff is very friendly.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014