All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
8757 Rio San Diego Dr, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Quite clean
    Great pool
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
Clean easy access to freeway and shopping.
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Close to Football Stadium and Trolley"
Standard 4 star, never like paying for parking but oh well. Close to Qualcomm Stadium to watch my Seahawks play those Chargers, nice people, pool tasted a little funny but it was just fine to stay at.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
Forbes
The staff were very nice and helpful. The location is near a trolly station which made getting around easy. Overall the hotel looks nice and seems clean. Our hallway smelled like vomit and the later in the day the more you could smell it. The room was clean and bed comfortable. The vanity light was on the dim side and the outlet wouldnt hold a plug. No free WiFi and had to pay parking. For the price these things should be free
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
LC
"Family wedding/Mini vacation"
Check-in was quick and easy. Hotel room was great and tidy. Breakfast was included through our Expedia reservation. Glass cups in room were a little dusty and the coffee machine could have been cleaner? But it was usable and I just rinsed the glasses. Did not get a chance to go swimming but the pool area was very nice, loved the hammocks and cabana. Arrived at the hotel around midnight on a Saturday night and there was no parking available.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Jo
Parking spaces were too tight
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great Service/Internet should be Free"
It would be great if the Marriot had free internet included in the price of the hotel suite. Thank you.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
FABRE
"Nice location close to restaurants."
When we checked in the young lady at front desk was very nice and courteous. I went into the gift shop to buy a snack and the clerk in there was awesome. I went back to front desk to ask for a wake up call and again very nice people. Very knowledgeable. They were so polite. AWESOME EXPERIENCE.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Rosie
Very nice hotel and friendly service, I would go back anytime.
2 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Byron
"Very nice hotel!!"
Had a wonderful stay! The room was very nice and the hotel had a lot of amenities.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Very Satisfied Guests"
We enjoyed three nights at this hotel while we visited the SDSU and UCSD campuses, Pacific Beach, downtown, and Balboa Park. We opted for a roomrate that packaged unlimited self parking, wireless internet and breakfast with our comfortable and clean room, which were a good value for us. The property, location, breakfast and room were perfect for our trip.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"San Diego"
Very nice place. Located close to shopping and the freeway.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Not worth it."
The location was very convenience and the ground is well kept. I was very disappointed with our stayed at this hotel. I traveled with college age niece and we stayed for three nights for a family wedding and reunion. I made a request for a room with two full beds and we ended up with a king bed. The room was small and the bathroom was small as well with the sink and closet outside the bathroom. At time I felt like I was in a Motel 6 instead of a Marriot hotel. The room had a twin sofa bed and the receptionist lied to me and said "it is very comfortable. My son slept it in". It was the opposite. I could feel the coils in the mattress after one night slept in it. I had to share the king bed with my niece. The parking lot spaces were very small and it was hard to park my Nissan rental. The room service staffs were very nice I have to admitted. We had breakfast at the restaurant and we thought the foods were good and the waiter was very nice and friendly. A Hispanic gentleman, I wished I remembered his name. We did enjoy the complimentary strawberry lemonade and fruit punch since the weather was quiet hot when we were there. Will I book this hotel again? Probably not. It was not worth the my money.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Tuan
"Mini vacation"
We were in town for orientation at a local college and turned it into a mini-vacation. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, I called a few days prior to the trip to add another night and they made that process very easy. The room was comfortable. We were disappointed that there was a charge for wifi in the room as it was described in Hotels.com as having free wifi but that was for the lobby and common areas only. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Awful 30 minutes check-in"
Very unprofessional front desk person, kept asking for the guest names over and over again and tried to charge me more than what was stated on my reservation during check-in. It just felt very disorganized (and took way too long) and was a really bad way to start what I thought would be a 3-4 stars stay, not to mention a really long trip. Also, the rooms are getting older so it's more of a 3 stars hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Needs more parking spaces
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Bola
"Pay for Parking."
The hotel was clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'm short, so when I say I had to climb into the bed, I had to climb into the bed. Categorically, having to pay additional parking when I'm paying for the room is something that makes me nuts!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Kimberly
"Stay for a course"
I loved my room. .room service. ..the meeting room. .the expresso didn't work. ..boo hoo...i lived ir
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
peg
"Tea bags charges were unfair and unacceptable."
Was good but expensive as the room charges were too high.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
"debra"
Over charged for rooms have to pay for parking I had two cars they charged me for 3 cars I payed cash then they still charged my bank I called twice for they could fix it I will never stay there again
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
debra
The pool was great! Hotel was nice. little bit of a bait and switch with parking. Our reservation stated parking was included on hotels.com app but hotel and hotel website say it is $18 per day. Rooms are supposed to have fridges and ours just had an empty space for a fridge. A bummer with three young children. Other than that it was great!!!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Christie
"Expensive but nice"
Nice hotel, centrally located, nice pool but everything is very expensive! I was there for my 50th High School Reunion but could only afford to stay because 3 friends shared the room cost. I was disappointed that our balcony area was not accessible. Staff very nice
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
kaygeed
Great room! It was perfect for our family for our overnight stay. The king plus couch pull out worked great!
Ashlye
Wonder stay, great employees, nice room. Only complaint $19 to park outside no other place to park your stuck paying for parking that's not even a secure lot. Other than that it was great
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Rainy weekend"
I only stayed 1 night, it was a great stay,just that one of the rooms had no frig, WiFi was not free, parking lot stalls are too small that there was jerks with SUVs' that used up 2 parking stalls.
Angelica
I would definitely stay again!!! It is conveniently located to attractions
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Staff Training Needed"
When we arrived to check in, we literally sat at the valet for five minutes before we were acknowledged by the attendants. There were three at the time, one was engaged with another car but two stood around talking to each other. Then when we went to the front desk, the staff seemed disinterested, occupied and aloof. The staff made it seem as if they were doing the guests a favor by valeting their car (although we paid $22 per night and tipped the staff at least $2 each time we retrieved our car) and checking us in. I am glad we only stayed one night. Although we enjoy staying at Marriott properties, we will be sure to avoid the Mission Valley Marriott.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Melanie
"The hotel is in a horrible spot to enter and exit."
The room had a terrible Oder. Went to several rooms all had the same smell. The sheet did smell clean. The pillows had a disgusting smell . When I returned home I took everything from the suit case and washed it even though I never took my clothes out. I was over the pool and it was so loud until 11;30 finally called the hotel operator to complain. They did a good job with that it ended after that. The location Of the hotel was very hard to maneuver with the car there was a island that prohibited entering the hotel so you need to go up to the light to come back to the hotel and the entrance is not marked at all. All and all I give this place a 2 out of 10. Would Not be back.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
krista
"Nice hotel in Hotel Circle."
San Diego is a weird place to me. You need a car unless you're going to be downtown. However, this hotel is close to the trolley line so you get get downtown pretty easily. I was actually there during Comic-Con so I just took the free shuttle which ran often. If you're willing to walk and cross some busy intersections, there's an In-N-Out just 15-20 minutes away! There's also a big mall, but I never did check that out.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Todd
""Resort" in Mission Valley"
Very nice hotel for that area, Mission Valley. It has "resort" feel to it. I booked early for July 4th weekend and got the package that includes parking, wifi, and breakfast everyday, and I really recommend this. Pool area is very high end, the whole hotel very well maintained. Location is easy on/off of I-8. There are a lot of shops and restaurants right down the street. My only nit-picks here are: the room was a little on the smallish side, and the pool area didn't seem to get a lot of sun. But overall, a really nice hotel for a reasonable price.
4 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"san diego visit"
great location for our visit. I still hate paying for parking at hotels but they all seem to do it anymore. Wish some hotel chain would start a trend of free parking like southwest airlines ..bags fly free campaign. I think they would be surprised how effective it would be in getting guest to stay because of that.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
kathy
"Hotel review"
Had fun. Was everything we wanted. Staff was very pleasant.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
avery
"Weekend in San Diego"
We had a weekend getaway stayed here. It was a fine hotel and I would recommend it. The only problem I have with it is they kind of nickel and dime you a bit with hidden fees.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Alina
"Wonderful staff, nice facilities, close to trolley"
My experience at the Marriott Mission Valley was pleasent. The hotel staff were very sweet and I felt well taken care of. The facilities were nice and the location was in walking distance from a trolley station, which was a huge bonus! My only negative thing is that I booked a room with 2 queen beds but they were full sized beds. That was a bummer, but not a deal breaker. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Rachel
The staff went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were meant. Very family friendly. The kids enjoyed the popcorn & snow cones in the lobby. We had warm cookies and movie at the pool. The weekend breakfast buffet was fantastic!
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Louise
Be prepared to be nickel and dimed. Parking in hotel lot costs 20 dollars per night, no WiFi included, no breakfast, and paper thin walls. No thanks.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great location!"
If you have kids that go to SDSU this hotel is in a good location. I only wish that we had 2 bathroom sinks.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Great place to stay!!"
Its the service and employees that made my stay extra enjoyable. The shower was the best... I must make a note not to stay close too the elevator next time ..Lots of young children there this time of year running up and down the halls. The health/exercise room was great...I did not have a car but did walk to the Mall about a 17 minute walk from the hotel. There was major problems with the cable TV connection while I was there that the management was aware of that was throughout the hotel except at the bar which had "Directv." The Bar and restaurant were very good...
4 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
steven
"Excellent Choice"
The hotel is an excellent place to stay in all areas.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great hotel in Mission"
The Marriott has a FABULOUS pool area including on oversized cabana with tvs. It also has a large bar area that is quite happening. And the best part of all is the bed was AMAZING!! Well done to the Marriott!!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Cheryl
"Wonderful Customer Service."
I stayed here while attending the Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses for three days. Great customer service. Very friendly staff. Lovely restaurant as well. Will come again if offered a good rate for a suite.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"No refrigerator..."
Unfortunately, no refrigerator was equipped in the room, but overall mood was good.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Jackie
"Great spot for Rock 'n' Roll Marathon weekend"
We were in town for the Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon weekend and this hotel was perfect for it! We arrived a bit late on Friday so we didn't get the best room in the place but our sound machine knocked out the light amount of hallway noise. Parking was tough to find on Friday night, though we never had an issue getting in and out. The day of the race it was so easy to walk to the trolley (there is a path and signs directing you from elevator area). Best part was the staff kindly gave all runners free late checkout until 1pm AND provided bananas and water that morning. Definitely will book this hotel again for next year's race.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Marlon
"Clean and pleasant"
The hotel was clean and pleasant staff... It was a great experience. The location was very close to Qualcomm stadium.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
nathalir
"Slept like a baby!"
Very comfortable beds, great breakfast and Starbucks coffee downstairs. All the staff were as nice as they could be! Highly recommend!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"One night stay!"
We just spent one night after a concert. Basically, all we did is sleep. The bed was super comfortable and the room was immaculate. Hotel location is just okay.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Marion
"Great stay at a centrally located hotel"
We were there for a family vacation. The hotel is very close to everything including easy access to the interstates and shopping centers with restaurants and grocery store. Sea world is maybe 10 minutes away at a nearly straight shot with the beach just another 5 minutes beyond sea world. The zoo is about 12-15 minutes south. Downtown with the USS Midway was 10-15 minutes(we were there on a holiday weekend-not much traffic Thursday-Monday). Legoland is about 40 minutes north in Carlsbad right off I-5. The hotel staff was very helpful, kind and always smiling. We purchased the package deal through Hotels.com- we recommended doing to save money-it included free self parking(runs about $12/day), free WiFi(normally $15/day) and breakfast was included (prices are about the same as surrounding restaurants).
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Three day stay in Mission Valley"
We normally stay downtown San Diego but were attracted to this hotel by better value and the good customer reviews. It was a good choice. We enjoyed our stay. It was lovely,clean,and quiet with excellent service. It is also only about a 5 minute walk to the Rio Vista trolley stop. I rode the trolley three nights to PETCO Park and back. Wish getting to Dodger Stadium was that easy. On the downside there are no non-hotel restaurants within easy walking distance, no free wifi, and the hotel meals are pricey. Parking is advertised at $18/day but somehow I got it free when I booked.
3 night family trip May 19, 2015
Phillip
"OK Marriott in a relatively quiet location"
The location is not bad, but the hotel seems to be dated. The room is relatively small and the amenities so so. They wouldn't even put out more than the two packs of coffee per day in the room. The place seems to be packed with people coming for special events (graduation, etc.) and not very relaxing.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Allan
"Ok"
My husband, 6 month old son, and I recently spent a weekend vacation in San Diego. We stayed in a standard room with king size bed. While the room was a little snug for all of our stuff, we made it fit. To be fair, we did have our stroller and pack-n-play (provided by hotel at no charge) inside the room. The room was clean and bed very comfortable. I like that the room had a nice balcony view. The downside was someone on our floor smoked on their balcony so we could smell it in our room :( Not nice when you have an infant. The other downside was the TV picture quality was very bad...a lot of static. Also, parking spaces are very tight and one night it was difficult finding a parking spot. Overall it was an Ok experience.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Victoria
Very nice hotel. The breakfast was delicious! Nice staff, clean rooms, great location. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 13, 2015