All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

Great pool
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Great spot for local weekend away"
Cant believe we had to pay for wifi - who does that anymore? Anyway, the hotel was great. Loved our room and the hotel environment. Super convenient for trolley access to get to a concert at SDSU that we were going to. Will definitely stay again if I get a chance - wish I could have stayed another night this time!
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
"Hotel with no pool"
Wish I knew that the pool was under major construction. I wanted to take family away for the weekend from the LA area. Booked this hotel and web site did not note that the pool was under construction. They provided a shuttle to the next Marriott hotel to use the facilities, however, with toddlers on had, the last thing you want to do is pack up and take your kids to the next hotel for a couple hours to swim and take the shuttle back. Too much trouble for what as suppose to be a stress free weekend. NO ETA on pool completion. They should of started the construction during the winter months.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"4 minute ride on Trolley to Qualcomm Stadium."
Yes hotel is very close to Qualcomm Stadium. We were thrilled to find out all we had to do was take about a 2 minute walk outside of hotel to catch Trolley. At trolley station you can purchase round trip ticket $5. It is literally then a 4 minute ride and drops you off right at the stadium. 16th floor room oh my goodness beautiful view from balcony! We could see the stadium from our room. Would we stay there again? Yes! Friendly staff!
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Sweet
"Great clean place to stay"
Wonderful. Really enjoyed how all the rooms have balconies. Only problem was that there was no pool or laundromat due to construction. Other then that our stay was great!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2015
Shawn
"Wonderful service and very clean"
Everything was absolutely wonderful. The only problem was that they're doing construction on the pool so it's loud and it also causes the laundromat to be closed as well but, they gave me an address to the closest laundromat and offered to call a cab for me.
2 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2015
Shawn
"Great Staff, Popular Pool , Good Food"
I booked two nights because my home in Kensington is getting new wood floors. I've stayed here many times and love your staff, the pool and hot tub. We love your room service items as well. My friend from the neighborhood brought her 12 year old daughter, who proclaimed the gym worthy, the pool and spa, sublime. She also thought it amazing the washers and dryers, and view from the balcony fascinating. They had a burger in your restaurant and said it was the best ever. The only negative? No PETS ALLOWED. I've stayed in 5 star hotels in London, New York, and even La jolla and they ALL allowed pets with a deposit and other considerations, but at least they were tolerated. Perhaps a policy change?
2 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Elaine
"Our Stay"
Good- Afternoon restaurant staff was very inattentive, had to go to the bar twice to get service. $64.00 for two burgers and two drinks???!?! Vegas prices, espically for bad service
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Itty bitty"
Super clean and the teeny tiny beds were new and comfortable. However, definitely the tiniest little room I have ever seen in my life. We usually have two queen beds, but these were small doubles. Six inches between the beds and the wall With a small aisle between the beds. Most staff were friendly, but the lady at the front desk was a bit terse. The pool and workout areas were clean and spacious.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Teresa
"Charge Issue"
I loved the room and the bed, but I didn't like the lights and the bathroom. Swimming pool is good, and the staff were nice. However, I had problem with the hotel charged. I used my debit card to check in, and they are holding big amount, it is more the double of my stay cost. I always use my debit card when I check in, and never faced this problem. Some hotels hold the deposit which around 200$ which is ok, but this time they are holding about 1000$ of my checking account. The problem is still not fixed, and I am waiting to get my money back.
3 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Najoud
Didnt agree with charging for parking and wifi
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Cole A.
We enjoyed our stay
3 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
Saad
"Nice staff dingy room"
Let me say that staff were nice and helpful. My low rating has to do with the room. It had an odor that hit you when you came in. We turned on the AC to mask it. We were too exhausted and had our toddler so didnt want to deal with complaining and having to deal with disruption. So we just dealt with it but I wont stay again.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
matt
"Mission Valley Marriott San Diego"
The beds at this hotel are simply FABULOUS AND GLORIOUS!
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Close to shopping and not far from the beach"
Amazing staff! Would go back! Didn't get 5 star bc had to pay for Internet. They did provide a pack & play advertised as a crib, for our one year old and that was awesome!
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
TJ
"If you go to Qualcomm...stay here!!"
We went to SD for the Charger game! Nice hotel! And the trolley is right behind the hotel! Best place to stay for anything at Qualcomm!!
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
"Great stay overall"
Great hotel, nice pool with simple amenities in the lobby that made a big difference, and wonderful staff. Location was good - close drive to many of SD's popular attractions and easy to hop on the major roads. Only minor issue was that we weren't made aware there was a security charge per night's stay when the front desk ran our card. Had to make our way back to the front desk afterward a little distraught to ask about the charge discrepancy which another staff member kindly explained. We completely understood, but would've been nice to have learned this beforehand for transparency. Otherwise, we had a wonderful stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Clean easy access to freeway and shopping.
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Close to Football Stadium and Trolley"
Standard 4 star, never like paying for parking but oh well. Close to Qualcomm Stadium to watch my Seahawks play those Chargers, nice people, pool tasted a little funny but it was just fine to stay at.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
Forbes
The staff were very nice and helpful. The location is near a trolly station which made getting around easy. Overall the hotel looks nice and seems clean. Our hallway smelled like vomit and the later in the day the more you could smell it. The room was clean and bed comfortable. The vanity light was on the dim side and the outlet wouldnt hold a plug. No free WiFi and had to pay parking. For the price these things should be free
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
LC
"Family wedding/Mini vacation"
Check-in was quick and easy. Hotel room was great and tidy. Breakfast was included through our Expedia reservation. Glass cups in room were a little dusty and the coffee machine could have been cleaner? But it was usable and I just rinsed the glasses. Did not get a chance to go swimming but the pool area was very nice, loved the hammocks and cabana. Arrived at the hotel around midnight on a Saturday night and there was no parking available.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Jo
Parking spaces were too tight
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great Service/Internet should be Free"
It would be great if the Marriot had free internet included in the price of the hotel suite. Thank you.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
FABRE
"Nice location close to restaurants."
When we checked in the young lady at front desk was very nice and courteous. I went into the gift shop to buy a snack and the clerk in there was awesome. I went back to front desk to ask for a wake up call and again very nice people. Very knowledgeable. They were so polite. AWESOME EXPERIENCE.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Rosie
Very nice hotel and friendly service, I would go back anytime.
2 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Byron
"Very nice hotel!!"
Had a wonderful stay! The room was very nice and the hotel had a lot of amenities.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Very Satisfied Guests"
We enjoyed three nights at this hotel while we visited the SDSU and UCSD campuses, Pacific Beach, downtown, and Balboa Park. We opted for a roomrate that packaged unlimited self parking, wireless internet and breakfast with our comfortable and clean room, which were a good value for us. The property, location, breakfast and room were perfect for our trip.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"San Diego"
Very nice place. Located close to shopping and the freeway.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Not worth it."
The location was very convenience and the ground is well kept. I was very disappointed with our stayed at this hotel. I traveled with college age niece and we stayed for three nights for a family wedding and reunion. I made a request for a room with two full beds and we ended up with a king bed. The room was small and the bathroom was small as well with the sink and closet outside the bathroom. At time I felt like I was in a Motel 6 instead of a Marriot hotel. The room had a twin sofa bed and the receptionist lied to me and said "it is very comfortable. My son slept it in". It was the opposite. I could feel the coils in the mattress after one night slept in it. I had to share the king bed with my niece. The parking lot spaces were very small and it was hard to park my Nissan rental. The room service staffs were very nice I have to admitted. We had breakfast at the restaurant and we thought the foods were good and the waiter was very nice and friendly. A Hispanic gentleman, I wished I remembered his name. We did enjoy the complimentary strawberry lemonade and fruit punch since the weather was quiet hot when we were there. Will I book this hotel again? Probably not. It was not worth the my money.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Tuan
"Mini vacation"
We were in town for orientation at a local college and turned it into a mini-vacation. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, I called a few days prior to the trip to add another night and they made that process very easy. The room was comfortable. We were disappointed that there was a charge for wifi in the room as it was described in Hotels.com as having free wifi but that was for the lobby and common areas only. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Awful 30 minutes check-in"
Very unprofessional front desk person, kept asking for the guest names over and over again and tried to charge me more than what was stated on my reservation during check-in. It just felt very disorganized (and took way too long) and was a really bad way to start what I thought would be a 3-4 stars stay, not to mention a really long trip. Also, the rooms are getting older so it's more of a 3 stars hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Needs more parking spaces
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Bola
"Pay for Parking."
The hotel was clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'm short, so when I say I had to climb into the bed, I had to climb into the bed. Categorically, having to pay additional parking when I'm paying for the room is something that makes me nuts!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Kimberly
"Stay for a course"
I loved my room. .room service. ..the meeting room. .the expresso didn't work. ..boo hoo...i lived ir
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
peg
"Tea bags charges were unfair and unacceptable."
Was good but expensive as the room charges were too high.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
"debra"
Over charged for rooms have to pay for parking I had two cars they charged me for 3 cars I payed cash then they still charged my bank I called twice for they could fix it I will never stay there again
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
debra
The pool was great! Hotel was nice. little bit of a bait and switch with parking. Our reservation stated parking was included on hotels.com app but hotel and hotel website say it is $18 per day. Rooms are supposed to have fridges and ours just had an empty space for a fridge. A bummer with three young children. Other than that it was great!!!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Christie
"Expensive but nice"
Nice hotel, centrally located, nice pool but everything is very expensive! I was there for my 50th High School Reunion but could only afford to stay because 3 friends shared the room cost. I was disappointed that our balcony area was not accessible. Staff very nice
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
kaygeed
Great room! It was perfect for our family for our overnight stay. The king plus couch pull out worked great!
Ashlye
Wonder stay, great employees, nice room. Only complaint $19 to park outside no other place to park your stuck paying for parking that's not even a secure lot. Other than that it was great
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Rainy weekend"
I only stayed 1 night, it was a great stay,just that one of the rooms had no frig, WiFi was not free, parking lot stalls are too small that there was jerks with SUVs' that used up 2 parking stalls.
Angelica
I would definitely stay again!!! It is conveniently located to attractions
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Staff Training Needed"
When we arrived to check in, we literally sat at the valet for five minutes before we were acknowledged by the attendants. There were three at the time, one was engaged with another car but two stood around talking to each other. Then when we went to the front desk, the staff seemed disinterested, occupied and aloof. The staff made it seem as if they were doing the guests a favor by valeting their car (although we paid $22 per night and tipped the staff at least $2 each time we retrieved our car) and checking us in. I am glad we only stayed one night. Although we enjoy staying at Marriott properties, we will be sure to avoid the Mission Valley Marriott.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Melanie
"The hotel is in a horrible spot to enter and exit."
The room had a terrible Oder. Went to several rooms all had the same smell. The sheet did smell clean. The pillows had a disgusting smell . When I returned home I took everything from the suit case and washed it even though I never took my clothes out. I was over the pool and it was so loud until 11;30 finally called the hotel operator to complain. They did a good job with that it ended after that. The location Of the hotel was very hard to maneuver with the car there was a island that prohibited entering the hotel so you need to go up to the light to come back to the hotel and the entrance is not marked at all. All and all I give this place a 2 out of 10. Would Not be back.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
krista
"Nice hotel in Hotel Circle."
San Diego is a weird place to me. You need a car unless you're going to be downtown. However, this hotel is close to the trolley line so you get get downtown pretty easily. I was actually there during Comic-Con so I just took the free shuttle which ran often. If you're willing to walk and cross some busy intersections, there's an In-N-Out just 15-20 minutes away! There's also a big mall, but I never did check that out.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Todd
""Resort" in Mission Valley"
Very nice hotel for that area, Mission Valley. It has "resort" feel to it. I booked early for July 4th weekend and got the package that includes parking, wifi, and breakfast everyday, and I really recommend this. Pool area is very high end, the whole hotel very well maintained. Location is easy on/off of I-8. There are a lot of shops and restaurants right down the street. My only nit-picks here are: the room was a little on the smallish side, and the pool area didn't seem to get a lot of sun. But overall, a really nice hotel for a reasonable price.
4 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"san diego visit"
great location for our visit. I still hate paying for parking at hotels but they all seem to do it anymore. Wish some hotel chain would start a trend of free parking like southwest airlines ..bags fly free campaign. I think they would be surprised how effective it would be in getting guest to stay because of that.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
kathy
"Hotel review"
Had fun. Was everything we wanted. Staff was very pleasant.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
avery
"Weekend in San Diego"
We had a weekend getaway stayed here. It was a fine hotel and I would recommend it. The only problem I have with it is they kind of nickel and dime you a bit with hidden fees.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Alina
"Wonderful staff, nice facilities, close to trolley"
My experience at the Marriott Mission Valley was pleasent. The hotel staff were very sweet and I felt well taken care of. The facilities were nice and the location was in walking distance from a trolley station, which was a huge bonus! My only negative thing is that I booked a room with 2 queen beds but they were full sized beds. That was a bummer, but not a deal breaker. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Rachel
The staff went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were meant. Very family friendly. The kids enjoyed the popcorn & snow cones in the lobby. We had warm cookies and movie at the pool. The weekend breakfast buffet was fantastic!
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015