All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
8757 Rio San Diego Dr, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Safe comfort"
Everything I expected. A Bit expensive... will be back in February for a week Is there a weekly rate?
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great place to stay near SDSU"
Perfect location for visiting SDSU! Great shopping close by to address all your student's needs, and easy distance to the SDSU campus.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Relaxing"
Hotel was pleasing, clean and comfortable. The location, convenient. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and courteous.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Allen
"nice place"
great
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great hotel and very clean"
Came in town for a cheer competition. Got in late and left early the next morning... Didn't take advantage of any amenities but hotel was very nice... Would definitely stay there again!! Pool looked beautiful at nighttime!!
Tammy
"Clean room, strict on breakfast"
Great place to stay. Very clean and comfy room. Part of the room package included free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. My daughter,friend and her grandma came down to eat while I moved the car, waitress was very "annoyed" and quickly as me for my room number as soon as I walked in. I let her know that our room included breakfast, and she shot back, "For how many?" I honestly didnt know for how many. My mother in law and I were the only ones that actually ate the cooked food breakfast, but my daughter and her friend had a yogurt and toast...i seen her go call to verify my last name and room number, she came back and told me that my breakfast only included 2 people...so she charged me for the girls. Just an FYI for anyone staying , you will get a bill for your food at a value zero, but you are expected to tip at the full value of meal $50 for 2 breakfast, and the waitress will tell you this directly. Food is good, but service may need a softer touch in the waitress dept.G
Maria
"Good stay."
The room is small, however new, quiet and comfortable. The location is not downtown, but still convenient. It is close to foods, super market and point of views.
4 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
yusheng
"Thumbs up!"
The hotel nice, good size room and clean. It was near an outdoor Westfield mall but it wasn't very good but the freeway and Wendy's was very close.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Girls trip."
Overall very good stay. Clean room and good room service.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"."
Unfortunately, the water was turned off during my stay for maintenance. Just bad timing. The staff did their best to make it up with little perks. The food in the lounge was made with extremely old food that should have never made it past the garbage bins. A comment to the server was brushed off. It was completely inedible. Overall a comfortable stay, but I would venture out to one of the numerous restaurants in the neighborhood
3 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"disappointed"
Have stayed at this hotel several times a year for last 15 years. This time could not get room service menu. Did not get preordered room service breakfast. Had to walk through smoking parking attendants to get to self park lot. Housekeeping staff was pleasant. Dining room staff helpful. Front desk staff needs to be replaced. This will be my last visit to this hotel, although I will continue to visit San Diego 5 to 6 times per year.
Response by San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit. We are delighted to hear about your experience with our Housekeeping and DEN Restaurant staff. It disappoints us to learn that you had a negative experience with our front desk and parking staff. We can assure you that this is not the standard we aim to provide our guests. We appreciate your feedback regarding the service you received as it aids us to improve the overall guest experience and we hope that you will allow us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
nan
"Close to Point Loma"
Great Hotel.....................will visit again : )
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Very comfortable"
Great accomodations and service! Except for being a little noisy late at night and an empty ice machine, stay was very nice. Paying for parking was ridiculous tho. For the price u pay, that definitely should be included!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
CAD
"Niceness"
Great place to get away. Nice and courteous staff. Will stay here again in the future!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Erik
"Thank You"
All concerns were addressed when brought to attention of management. Love the bed!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Excellent Staff"
The staff took pride in the hotel. They made sure our accommodations were clean and orderly every day. The food was awesome, and I really can't say enough about this hotel. I highly recommend it to others.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
on vacation
"Great night before a football game"
Great place to stay before a Chargers vs. your favorite team game. Hang out with your fellow fans from all over the country. Its a short tram ride to the stadium or about a 35 min walk. Hotel will honor your overnight parking until end of the game. Parking itself makes this hotel a great stay so pre-book the parking and breakfast (normally 2x the booking price for the buffet breakfast so order in advance, a great value for a teenage appetite in the group).
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Liked the location to the trolley to go to the stadium and downtown
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Great location for Qualcomm Stadium"
We booked this hotel due to its location to Qualcomm Stadium. On Chargers v. Broncos game day, we walked to the stadium (approx. 1.5 miles) and avoided the traffic and large parking fees closer to the stadium. The hotel is nice and the staff is very friendly.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Qualcomm stadium event"
Clean, quiet and convenient hotel for attending a stadium event.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
TC
"Comfortable room, mediocre neighborhood."
Room was clean and well appointed. The staff was nice and expedient. The only thing that wasn't great was the "enhanced" internet speed. It was OK at some times, and awful at others. The neighborhood was quiet. However, stores and food were not within walking distance. Parking was a bit expensive.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"One night"
I only stayed one night but I have no complaints. Everything was good.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Nice hotel close to trolley and stadium"
Stayed here for the Chargers and Patriots football game. The trolley stop is just a minute walk away and two stops to the stadium. Very convenient! Rooms are comfortable and the staff was super friendly. Obviously you're not near the beach, but it was a quick drive during the weekend to the water and all the top sights.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
S.
"Closest location to Charger Stadium"
We had a great experience, the wifi was down when we arrived so they extended it to us complimentary during our stay.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"weekend getaway"
the employees were very friendly and helpful and everything was great about our stay except one thing. i paid for parking when i booked the room, but they tacked $22 for parking on my bill. i had to call the front desk and have them remove it from my bill. i defiently recommend this place, but make sure they have you bill correct before leaving.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
chris
"Nice hotel, very comfortable stay."
Great customer service and nice facility. Room was comfortable and clean.
Lori
"Clean and elegant hotel!"
We had a great experience while we stayed there. Front desk staff was very helpful and welcoming.
Maria
"Great hotel!"
In town for business, luckily arrived after the Sunday SD Charger game traffic cleared, can't imagine navigating the area with stadium traffic.
elizabeth24
Staff was friendly and helpful...room was clean and nicely appointed....room service was quick to deliver.....
Lori
"Great close to the trolly"
Great the staff was great and the accomadations were good
"wonderful but service lacking"
Everything was upscale and so very comfortable. My only complaint would be the service. I have never stayed in a Marriott that didn't carry a blow dryer in the room. When I called down to the front desk they were shocked I was calling for this. The woman asked three times if I looked in the closet. Obviously, I did and would not have asked for one if there was. It took over 30 minutes for it to be delivered. My hair was pretty much dry! I even heard a woman in the hallway talking about it the walkie-talkie, so I opened the door. She didn't even have it yet because 'someone stopped her the hall to talk'. This is no excuse to take so long to provide a service in which was expected from the beginning.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Renee
"clean and nice withe some noise"
Clean and nice. Only issue is you could hear an event that was going on downstairs. I was on the 11th floor.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
leigh ann
"SDSU Parent weekend visit"
We stayed here for San Diego State University's Parent Weekend. It was close to their campus and the Qualcomm stadium for the weekend football game. The room and beds were very clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed the pool area one afternoon. It was a perfect location for our family who flew in and knew nothing of the area from Chicago.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"It's fine"
I was looking for more of a getaway but I didn't realize there was a big SDSU game and the Chargers were playing the Chiefs! There was really barely any hotels available in SD and surrounding areas. It's a fine hotel for just a room, but it was quite expensive for just a basic room. For the cost of that trip I could have had a suite in gastlamp on a regular weekend.
Response by San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to San Diego. We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay at our hotel as it allows us to maintain and improve our guest services. I apologize your stay was not as quite and relaxing as you expected due to the football games. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied with their visit. Please be assured that we will be sharing your comments with our management team immediately. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Great experience!"
My daughter and I stayed at the Marriott while touring SDSU. No reason for picking the Marriott, just clicked on that one. We were very happy with this hotel. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you Dana! Room was very nice and very clean! Quick stay this time but I would stay here again. Easy to get to SDSU.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Holly
"Great location to attend Chargers game"
The hotel staff was excellent from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We were there to attend the Chargers-Jets game. The trolley entrance was within walking distance to get to the game. They have water available in the lobby as well as juice by the valet. We did not eat at the restaurant, although it looked full at all times. My only complaint that I have is the sliding door to the balcony was not working properly, it got stuck when we tried to open it. We called downstairs and they said they would send someone up to fix it. The door was open when we returned from visiting the city. We had to call again to have the door closed as it was still not working properly. Other than that, it was a great stay. A little pricey, but a good stay.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
GA
"Great hotel close to football stadium"
Weekend stay to attend a football game at Qualcomm Stadium. No free internet .... Nice dining, bar, pool, and outstanding staff.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Cheryl
"Close to all sea world downtown area"
Wonderful the most comfortable beds ever.. I have problems with my back and I slept like a baby!!!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Gwen
"GREAT EXPERINCE"
I'm used to quality rooms and service with stays at Marriott properties however ... this hotels staff and service is above and beyond . I agree with another persons review.. Best check in ever. Khoa checked me and my wife in after a particularly long day of travel and this guy gets service !! Marriott .. don't loose this guy...best genuine service I have ever received at any property. The rest of the staff was very good as well. Hotel and rooms were very clean.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Kerry
our bathroom had a temporary shower curtain for a door. The frame for a sliding door was there but the door was removed and replaced with a shower curtain rod. It was embarrassing for me because I chose this hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
"Family get away"
Went to the zoo this last Friday, and this hotel was the perfect place to stay. I would stay here again anyway.
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Starting the day"
The hotel staff were pleasing and very helpful, however poolside benches and cushions were filthy, filled with debris from the tree above and saw mold on some cushions. Needs to be cleaned regularly. There was a moment when i was in a hurry to run up to my room for no more than 5 mins, i asked the valet rep if he can look after my car or if there was a temp space avail for 5 mins and he said no! He asked me to park in self park, are you kidding. The room wasn't properly dusted i knew that from sliding my finger across the beds headboard, looks like they have lazy management in housekeeping cause i blame them for not auditing the housekeepers work. Everything else was just fine. had a disappointing stay overall.
Response by San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback regarding the valet staff, cleanliness and the pool area. Please be assured that your comments are taken seriously and help us identify areas where we can improve upon our service. We appreciate your feedback, as comments such as yours help us toward our goal of providing an exceptional guest experience. We hope to host you the next time your travels bring you to San Diego.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Ron
"Great Hotel!"
From the service to the comfort of our room, this Marriott is top notch. We spent only one night but will definitely return for another San Diego visit in the future.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Kat
"Nice, clean hotel. Friendly staff."
Friendly staff. Clean room, fast service. Overall great experience!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Judy
"Nice hotel, but has some problems."
Well, I spent $560 for 2 nights. It was ok, taking in consideration the time of year. However, I'd assume some services for my money. It turns hotel provides no parking. It's not like they don't have one, it's just it operated by "outside vendor" and it costs $18/day... Then in a room there was couple of bottles of water, with price tag on it, $3.50 per bottle. When I went to toilet I start thinking should I flash it, or they may charge me per flash too. I am still waiting for final bill. Other then that, it was clean hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Armen
"Not bad at all"
It was a very nice hotel. Although, I think they should offer free wifi for what you're paying though.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Internet was offered at a very high rate, so we did not order or use it. Vanity area is too small , not enough room for two people, barely enough space for one. Staff was very friendly and nice. Food is very good, bar served food until 11:00 P.M comfortable seating, sofa as well as tables.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Nikki
"Ease of access to shops, restaurants, downtown"
Access to the MTS Trolley provides convenient transportation to shops, Little Italy, Gas Lamp, Convention Center, etc. Don't need to worry about parking. Though it would feel safer if the path to/from Rio Vista station if there were more path lights. It gets quite dark in the evening.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"what a perfect hotel in every way !"
the staff there are genuine and helpful and nice. I couldn't have been any happier with my choice.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"Review"
Great stay, great services!
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2014