All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
500 H Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"great weekend getaway"
clean room, good breakfast, friendly staff would come back!
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
"Nice, very clean hotel!"
The hotel was very nice. The neighborhood was a little loud, but it was to be expected given it's location.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Lori
Stayed here for one night, was in DC sightseeing with my daughter. Neighborhood isn't great, but price was good and we had a very nice continental breakfast and super attentive staff!
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"Nice hotel. Free wifi!!"
Choose this location because of it's proximity to the Verizon Center. Excellent choice. The free wifi and breakfast made my trip that much better. The valet parking was a bit pricey but overall the stay was great.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2015
"Fairfield Inn"
I thought the room was rather small. I was on the highest floor and thought I would have a better view but I didn't. There were no vending on the 10 floor where I stayed plus there wasn't a microwave nor refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was sufficient and the employees were very cordial but it was cramped.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Very nice, comfortable, clean room and hotel overall. Pleasant staff and a great breakfast.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Nadine
just on the edge of Chinatown this place was comfortable and clean. Complimentary breakfast was simple and easy with choices most families would like from make your own waffles to hot oatmeal and eggs and simpler fare for quick departures of yogurt or cereal and fruit. The subway stop was around the corner and convenient to jump on although there were many panhandlers and homeless as well as preachers ready to stop you and ask you to listen. Very easy to hail a cab and not too expensive, so if you want to get down to the monuments you can do that for about the same as your family would pay for subway tickets. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Concierge was fantastic with helping everyone to figure out how to get around to what they wanted to do. The room was very comfortable and fairly quiet even with all the traffic and construction happening nearby.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Mark Albert
room great, breakfast great, staff very nice and helpful
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
phaedra
"Awesome hotel awesome location."
We came in for the Foo Fighters concert. Loved the valet, Lauren I think was her name. Very helpful with directions and Sunday's having free parking. Loved the restauraunt in the hotel. Drinks were awesome and food was tasty too. Never made it for breakfast, late nights all weekend. Asked for extra pillows and they were at our room in like 3 minutes.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Our stay was pleasant. No issues at all. Definitely would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Damien
in the china town area; the bar next door was good; great place.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Annette
"savor 2015"
Checked in was less than a minute, Great location within walking distance to most attractions.Breakfast was included and was top notch!
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
tom
"DC trip"
I stayed her in April and the staff was very helpful and friendly. This place was close to the metro and also to Chinatown Express which had a pretty good duck soup. I was only visiting for a week but this place was perfect for me and I would stay here again.
4 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Susana
"Comparing this hotel to Washington Plaza."
I've been comparing it with the D.C. hotel that I get the most (which is Washington Plaza). For this hotel I had to choose a corner room now or wait later for a space. I got use to the corner room. But I wish it had a fridge. One thing that I found disgusting. Was that they don't seem to pay attention to the ice bucket. I found a soaked rag in the beginning and I had to use the same ice bag the whole time. Couple of great things that they had better then Washington Plaza was the breakfast, shower comfortable, & I didn't hear non stop beeping from cars. Depending who has the better deal though, I might go with this again because of the breakfast. But Washington Plaza has better stuff too, like give you water bottles at night.
4 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
Hayley
"no complaints, great value, great location"
perfect, convenient to convention center or work. good breakfast
2 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Nice hotel - great location"
We had a great experience at the hotel. The staff was very helpful with anything we needed and very friendly.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
It was nice and close.. Hotel was clean and friendly and close to eating places.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Almost 5 stars"
My stay was comfortable and it was blocks from the convention center. The room was nice, however for over $400 per night... it wasnt' that nice. Maybe think of putting chocolates or mints on the pillows... that in no way makes it worth $400+ per night, but it would be a nice personal touch.
5 night business trip May 14, 2015
Dean
"review"
breakfast not eatable; expensive valet parking; small dark inhospitable room staff very nice
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Dear A Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to complete the Expedia Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations with breakfast and valet parking. Thank you for your feedback.
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Nice location and excellent valet service"
We enjoyed everything about this hotel.. The location was right where we needed to be close to the Verizon Center... Great continental breakfast; my only complaint was they didn't have a microwave or refrigerator in the room
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Kelsey
"Very nice, helpful staff"
We booked a standard king room. It was quite small, but clean and fresh. There is no mini refrigerator. That would have been a nice addition. Other reviewers have mentioned the street noise. That was a problem during the night until we got used to it. There is a constant of sirens and general traffic noise. There are plenty of outlets for phone charging, etc. The valets, front desk staff, and concierge were all very helpful. The Catholic Church is directly across the street. The hotel is located in walking distance to shopping and dining destinations. Breakfast was a time and money saver. We were glad it was included.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Melissa from maryland"
All of the employees were very friendly. The check in was very fast. When we checked out they held out bags until we were ready to go home. They made our trip enjoyable.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
melissa
"We enjoyed our visit."
We were in DC for a small get away and the hotel was a pleasant high point of the trip. Your staff is excellent! Very attentive and helpful. The only mark "Down" was something that can't be helped by the hotel and that is the neighborhood. It was not that we felt unsafe but it is on a main street and near a fire station so big city traffic is just part of the package. If we lived in a city, I doubt we would have noticed it. Being "suburb folks", we did. The proximity to Chinatown was a big plus. We don't visit DC for the sights as much as the Chinese food so that part of the location was a big plus in our decision to stay at the Fairfield.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Carole
"DC, downtown"
Pleasant and organized staff. Front desk, outside staff, housekeeping, and breakfast staff all had smiles and acknowledged our existence.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
sue
"A Good Stay"
Room was immaculate and staff friendly and helpful. Neighborhood is a little seedy, but the hotel is just about as close to the National Gallery of Art as you can get.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"I'll be staying here again!"
The hotel was beautiful! Staff was very friendly and accommatating. The continental breakfast was delicious and served much more than I expected. Only complaint is that the thermostat kept resetting and in the middle of the night the room got too toasty for comfort.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Found it very easy to walk to attractions or take subway. Staff all very nice. Enjoyed the breakfast every morning. Plan to stay again when we go back.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Good Not Great"
I am here on assignment for 6 months. I am always looking for a quality hotel. This hotel is conveniently located 2 blocks from where I am working. It is located on the edge of China town and walking distance to Verizon Center and the Convention Center.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
We had a great experience at this hotel. The staff were all very friendly, helpful, and outgoing. The room was nice and clean. The breakfast included was great--a large variety of foods that could please anyone. As a coffee person, I especially enjoyed the coffee and tea being provided in the lobby all day, even though there are coffee makers in the rooms. The location is great as well. Just far enough away from the busy part of Chinatown but close enough to be right in the midst of many great restaurants and shops. Close to all of the historic, sightseeing things to do in DC as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
TNPHL
"close to Verizon Center = walk to concert."
Experience was very nice. Clean and comfortable room. Nice people working in the hotel. Enjoyed our stay there.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Hooleo
"Very small room"
Tv did not work Bed comfy Walk sideways to get in out of it closet ( seen bigger bookshelf) Despite taking ticket for valet car pick up 30 mins before we needed it stood in lobby with lots of others waitng 30 mins Breakfast area congested took up to room to eat
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Dear Middle Aged Cou, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and contact me in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the limited space during Breakfast. I apologize for the 30 min wait when using our valet service. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Washington.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
middle aged cou
"Excellent hotel on DC"
Everything on this hotel was excellent. From the valet service, to the front desk to room service. Everyone was courteous and helpful.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Convenient nice hotel."
Staff excellent. Lobby too crowded. Need vending machines. Ice machines needed on each floor. Need chair in room, not just desk chair. Offered ride to airport by hotel staff but were not told it cost $25; taxi would cost less.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Would use again!!!!"
It was excellent the front desk was very helpful and was GREAT at providing direction to local attractions.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Daron
I love it me and my friends were comfy but our heat did not seem to work very well . Room 208
"Location, location, location"
You cannot beat the location of this hotel if you are visiting D.C for vacation. A short walk will get you to an array of restaurants, bars, museums, and The Mall. We stayed in a king room and although it was comfortable, it was very small with next to no closet space. Our heater also went out in the middle of the night but they had it checked out as soon as we reported it the next morning. The free breakfast was also great.
4 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Business trip to DC"
Nice place to stay. Convenient location. Great hotel staff. The only negative is the small closet space in the room... which was inadequate for husband and wife over four day stay.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"The first hotel I check when coming to DC"
I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn several times. It's close to lots of cultural attractions as well as the Metro. It was really convenient for the conference I was attending at the Washington Convention Center. I also appreciate the hot breakfast, and coffee-tea-cold water service in the lobby. The front desk staff and concierge are really friendly and helpful. I would like to give Denise a special shout out for taking the time to contact the church across the street to ask how often their bells chime! The area has many good restaurants, a movie theatre and of course the Verizon Center. If you're a lighter sleeper definitely ask for a room on an upper floor. In addition to the street noise, the pub on the ground floor has live music several days a week. If you're right on top of it, it can be difficult to sleep. I will certainly book here again when I come to DC.
3 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Gretchen
"DC w/A"
Great location, excellent customer service, good hotel. The breakfast selections were good.
3 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
Sylvia
"Caps visit"
We reserved this room due to proximity of Verizon Center and under the advertisement that parking was $26 per night. We found valet parking costing $50 per night in an unsecure lot. We had no hot water for the duration of our stay. The hot food on the breakfast bar was cold food. Overall a pretty disappointing property.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for not providing a room with hot water and for the breakfast not meeting your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue and we have since fixed the hot water boiler issue. Additionally, I apologize you received incorrect information on our overnight parking rates as our overnight parking rate is $36 per night, plus DC parking tax. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Washington.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"inattentive staff at times"
Upon check in the front desk asked us if we would like to check in now to the small corner room or wait for a normal room to be clean. We waited several extra hours and were still checked into the small corner room against the stairwell. Even though roomservice is supposed to be available until 11 when I tried to place an order around 10 no one answered the phone for the first 7 times I called. I called the front desk and they said they would call for me and never got back to me. Finally after about 30 minutes I was able to place my order.
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
"Wedding Day"
It was my new husband and I wedding celebration. We arrived on Friday the 20th and left on Monday 23rd. The staff was really very helpful. Everything we needed to do was centrally located and very convenient. I know I would probably stay again in the near future. Thank you
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
cynthia
"Great location, great customer service."
The hotel is close to Metro station in Chinatown surrounded by many restaurants, and close to museums. After checking out early, my husband did not feel well and had to go back to the hotel. Explaining the situation to the front desk staff, she (Denise) checked us back in and allowed us to stay until 2PM for him to rest. Great customer service.
4 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Gail
"The weekend get away"
My stay was AMAZING, me and my friends was coming to DC for a concert at the Verizon center. The center was right around the corner so we walked to the venue. The Hotel and hotel staff was very warming and welcoming anything we needed or had a question about they helped us with. The Manager I think his name was Jean was so nice he gave us advice on how to get around the city,him and the concierge staff were always smiling and willing to meet our needs. I would most deff recommend to anybody as well as go back again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
This hotel was in a great location and was very clean. I will be staying here again soon. The staff was pleasant and the hotel is secure at night.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
rikita
"Washington Vacation"
Standard rooms are very small, for the prize you pay. Staff was good, very helpful concierge services. Rated high on neighborhood because restaurants, food very close and Metro.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Rajendra
Great service from the staff. Valet is a bit of a mess but considerable with location. Room was clean. Soundproof rooms would be a benefit due to noise from streets and other rooms being a little distracting but overall this was an enjoyable experience and the location is wonderful.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Cold Shower"
Hotel is conveniently located to the convention center and to Chinatown. Staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were a bit shall tight quarters. The only complaint was not hot water on day 1. Not sure what the issue was but it was corrected by day 2. I have stayed at other hotels in the same vicinity. This is not one I would be in a rush to come back to. It is certainly not worth $300 per night.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Ed
"Great hotel and location!"
Great location for sight-seeing DC via Metro & foot. Lots of fun restaurant options close by. We appreciated the staff's cheerful help and allowance for late check-out.
3 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"location great, service great"
Easy walk to Mall, Metro, Verizon Sports Stadium. Free breakfast was a plus. Staff friendly and professional.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015