All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here500 H Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"new years eve reveler..."
NEW YEARS EVE, nice location near a metro station, restaurants, bars, etc.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Calvin
"Average experience at an average hotel"
We always visit DC during the off season when most of tourists are steering away towards the warmer southern states. DC hotels tend to be cheap around Christmas holidays. This winter, the weather is in fact quite tolerable for folks like us. So our plan worked out fine. The hotel itself is however of nothing special to mention other than the continental breakfast, which is better than what I am accustomed to. The lobby is quite small and so is the room itself. The hotel is located at one end of the China town, which does not seem to be very safe area. The parking is quite expensive. But, it may not be outrageous comparing with other DC hotels. Anyway, nothing particular exciting or disappointing with the hotel. But, I had somewhat higher expectations based on the reviews that I read.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Very impressed"
My fiancé and I only needed a place to sleep after a wedding we attended a few blocks down. We were kindly offered a driver to the wedding, but we declined as we drove ourselves. Valet was the only thing available but we really recommend it. We were advised that our room was smaller than others, being an end unit, but that was okay. The room was very clean and had a very comfy bed! Breakfast was very nice too! Hotel staff was friendly. Overall a pleasant experience.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Bri
"Solid crash pad"
I got this room to share with friends for New Year's Eve. While we had a king bed, holy cow, the room was tiny. I'm pretty sure the bed was bigger than the bathroom. It works as a functional solution when you need somewhere to crash, but I wouldn't book this place for any kind of luxury retreat. Valeted my car, they took care of it, front desk staff was courteous, room was clean.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"New Years stay"
We stayed at the hotel during the week of New Years. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful. You could hear noise at night but being in a downtown area that's not surprising. The only real complaint we had was that breakfast was always so crowded there was never a place to sit. Maybe the restaurant attached could be used somehow.
5 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"overcrowded breakfast"
good hoteL excellent staff.however the breakfast area was completely overcrowded with a line extending back to the elevators!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Customer Service/Front Desk"
The room was great- clean, great location close to Metro, Mall, and White House. Nice FREE breakfast in the morning, and beverages all day in the lobby was convenient. My two complaints are that we had VERY loud neighbors running through their room and banging. The first call I made to the front desk, I was told they'd check on it and call me back. After 15 minutes of no response, I walked down and spoke to Shaunice and John at the front desk. Shaunice basically told me that 'It's New Year's Eve- they're probably getting ready to go out'. I explained to her that it was extremely loud. She neither offered to send security/management or relocate us. My second complaint is that John (whom I believe is a supervisor) is quite rude. He actually bumped me out of the way to ask Shaunice for a key to the luggage room, without so much of an 'excuse me'. So in review, I think the hotel is nice, but the front desk staff needs some customer service training. I've worked in hospitality in Orlando for 20 years and this would NOT be acceptable at our property!!
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Elisha
"Not that comfortable"
Noisy
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Not worth it"
The room was the smallest I've ever stayed in. The hotel staff was not helpful. My key card to my room reset itself every time it was anywhere near anything else electronic: my phone, appliances in the room, etc. The price to valet my car was ridiculously expensive and there was no self parking. I had to try my luck with downtown dc street parking. This hotel is NOT worth the price it cost to stay here.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service.. We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.
atuck
"Good location, clean room, rude staff"
It was great time to be in dc and partial experience of beautiful city. Breakfast good, but was crowded in the morning. No enough seat. We asked them to take our luggage few hour after check out time. And when we've been for luggage, one staff actually made finger gesture for tip... Even he wasn't take care of our luggage before. And he mentioned american culture compared to European. I've live in USA since 2009. I never had like this uncomfortable comments ever. Terrible staff messed up good memories of Washington.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Dear Grace, Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff and managers to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service. I will specifically address the unfortunate incident when someone tried to solicit a tip with the front desk, valet and concierge teams. That behavior is not acceptable and it will be addressed with the team. We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.
grace
"Hotel was good but beware of housekeeping !!!!"
The hotel in general was good, location was just right for us and the breakfast satisfactory. My only issue was that my daughter headphones dissapeared from the room after the housekeeping was done. I asked housekeeping but they said they could not find anything. Maybe it went with the linens, maybe not. The girls in reception did not seem very worry about it neither.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Worst valet service ever!!"
For the price and proximity to National Mall the hotel was ok. The rooms were comfortable, breakfast wasn't great but it was included in the price of the hotel so can't complain there. We spent 2 days sightseeing in DC, and because traffic and parking are a hassle we decided to pay extra for valet parking and save ourselves the hassle. Geno, the concierge, was great - he stored our luggage for the day after we checked out in the AM and got us a van big enough to accommodate our group of 9. The valet staff was another story. We returned in the evening for our luggage and our vehicles. We handed the valet the tickets for our two vehicles, went inside to get our luggage, came back outside and waited in front of the hotel - next to the valet desk - for almost 15 minutes and still our vehicles had not been brought out. We asked the valet how much longer the wait would be, and he proceeded to ask us for our tickets, which we had given them 15 minutes earlier!!! They couldn't find our keys, didn't know which valet they given them to, they ran around and finally found one set, the second set was still missing. We could see both our vehicles parked from where we were standing and yet more than 20 minutes had passed and we were still waiting. We were so frustrated that we finally demanded that they give us our keys, we took our luggage and walked to our vehicles and left. The valet staff didn't apologize for the wait or for the confusion, they were absolutely horrible!!!!!!
Maria
"Located in..."
Chinatown, but very diverse population, so that one isn't only among Asians and gets a bad feeling. Still got the good food though
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great pit stop"
It was a last minute stay that was well worth it. Besides the room smelling a hint of smoke, in which it was a smoke free room, the room was perfect. Parking your car their is 36$ + tax a night..... a little steep. Breakfast was delicious! The location is pretty awesome as well.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Rude guy at the desk"
Overall the room and everything was clean and nice just the guy at the desk was being a little rude with us (quietly) sitting in the lobby while we waited for our "check-in person" in our group to find a parking and come check us into the room, but the others seemed pretty kind.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"Close to Union Station."
Friendly staff, clean room, great price! Attached pub had good food. Valet parking convenient.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Sherri
"Great location and friendly staff!"
Great location about a 15 minute walk from the Smithsonian museums. Everyone who worked there was very friendly. The room was clean and in great condition. Only complaint would be the walls where thin. The morning breakfast had a nice variety with waffles, yogurt and fruit. The valet parking was very quick and convenient. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in D.C. stay here!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice hotel, a little noisy"
You can hear all of the hustle and bustle of the city all hours of the day. A little loud for us but we are not city folks. Otherwise, a nice experience. Parking is pricey but that is to be expected.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Good, not Great."
Good price but poor breakfast. Located in China Town. Hotel was full (december) so people had to take the breakfast to the room because there were no tables available. matress and pillows were not soft. church right beside the hotel rings loud bells constantly during the morning and evening.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service. I understand breakfast was very busy and you had to take your breakfast to your room and I apologize for that. Our breakfast area can accommodate approximately 75 people, but on high demand leisure weekends it can get crowded and cause lines. We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Family trip for an NBA game!"
Excellent location! Very clean with comfortable beds. Everyone we came in contact with that worked there was pleasant & helpful. Nice breakfast in the lobby. Within walking distance of many attractions. Great weekend!
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Christmas trip"
This hotel is in D.C. Chinatown. Surrounding area is very good and the free breakfast is also fantastic! Hope everybody love this place.
4 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Zixuan
"Nice hotel close to the center"
Overall I liked my staying at this hotel. The location is pretty good as it is in walking distance from the monuments and museums. It was clean and tidy. The stuff was in general polite and helpful. Our room was available at our arrival, two hours before the regular check-in which I highly appreciated. However, there were few things that stroke me: We stored our luggage after the ckeck out for safekeeping and when we went back to take it, we were asked by the man in the door to tip him, who did absolutely nothing except from opening the storage room. I found that rather rude. Also, I'd prefer there was more space in the breakfast room as there was a huge line every morning.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service. I will specifically address the solicitation of a tip, as that is not acceptable and rude. We do not train our associates to ask for tips and I will address this with the front desk and concierge. We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Jane
Excellent! Close to places of interest. The hotel is in really good conditions.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Clean hotel with complimentary breakfast"
Went to DC for a weekend. The hotel is in Chinatown, within walking distance of lots of restaurants, museums, movie theater, Verizon Center, subway station, supermarkets, Starbucks, Eastern bus, and other retail stores. The breakfast is a simple buffet with the options of sausage, eggs, cereals, bread, bagel, waffle, jams, yogurts and orange juice. Free coffee is offered all day in the lobby. The room is very clean with many towels. Complimentary sampler size face soap, bath soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. No slipper or toothpaste offered so you have to bring your own. I also didn't find any water machines other than the lobby, so had to buy drinks from Walgreens 2 blocks from the hotel. The furnitures are pretty new and the TV is alright. The air conditioner is pretty loud when maintaining temperature but I'm heavy sleeper, so that was not a problem. The staff in the lobby are very friendly and helpful. They offer you a free map when you check in. The cleaning lady starts to clean rooms early in the morning. You might want to hang the "do not disturb" sign and bolt your door if you want to wake up late. Valet parking is available. The gym is free 24/7 to hotel guests. Options are very limited. Overall, affordable and clean hotel in Chinatown. P.S. The Chinese food is terrible compare to Flushing, New York.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Darren
"Noisy"
Insufficient amenities and could hear everything happening (people walking/talking) outside the room. It always felt that someone is knocking out door when actually it was some other room's door
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
kiran
Convenient and east access to so many restaurants and shops. Room wasn't big but spacious enough for two people. Staffs were very attentive and welcoming.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"weekend getaway with the family"
Loved my stay at the hotel.I liked that the hotel was centrally located within walking distance to the museums, the white house and monuments.... The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and very helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Elias
"Excellent Hotel & Great Location"
I stayed two nights at this hotel. My room was really comfortable & clean. The The staff was wonderful. The location is perfect for site-seeing. It's just a block away from the Gallery Place-Chinatown metro, and many tourist sites are within walking distance. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.
2 night trip Dec 19, 2014
Takeisha
"Fairfield Inn hotel stay"
I worked two blocks away from the hotel. Great locations for my job, great breakfast, great staff and a great price.
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
Nicholas
"DC Overnighter"
We were in town for a big soccer game. We normally do a one day trip from NY to DC. However, we wanted to make sure we were early on the day. We chose this hotel for the proximity to where we had to be and for the cost. It was worth the price and we even had a nice breakfast. Would stay there again if circumstances allowed.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Aileen
"Great location and amenities."
Staff were friendly and very helpful. The Metro, convenience stores, pharmacies and restaurants all within a few minutes of the hotel. Very good location.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Momo
"Great Stay, Food & Nightlife Near"
Great front desk! I arrived about 4 hours early no problems getting early check-in. They were very friendly and always spoke as I entered and departed. Valet hailed me cabs in the morning. Great place night life within a block. You can pick up the metro at the end of the block. Plenty of resturants and shoping.
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
Nickolus
"Loud because of central location"
The only complaint I have is that there were sirens during the night because it's right in the city. The closest metro stop also seemed to have a lot of police around, comforting or disconcerting?
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
My husband and I enjoyed a weekend getaway in DC a few weeks ago. This hotel was a good price not too far away from the attractions. The neighborhood isn't great, but we felt safe once inside the hotel. The free breakfast was excellent. Mostly everyone who worked there was friendly.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Tiffany
very clean, breakfast very good variety, loved it all.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice hotel, bad city"
The room itself was nice, but the couch was very uncomfortable, and the area wasn't the best. I would recommend getting a cab to and from later at night.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
"Nice hotel in a great location."
Overnight stay to catch a plane the next morning. Very convenient to Metro, which is what I needed. The hotel room is a bit small but well appointed. Staff was very professional and helpful. Wonderful breakfast buffet.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
"pleasant stay, worth the money"
uncommon breakfast service for Americans - well done! good service. central location to around in the city.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2014
"Overall, a great experience!"
Went to D.C for the weekend of 12/5/14 to visit friends. Booked this hotel last minute for a great price, and couldn't be more pleased. Location was great, room was clean, service was great, and the free breakfast was excellent! Only downfall was the parking, which seems to be the norm downtown. The only option was valet, and seemed way too expensive. Fortunately we were able to leave our car in our friends' garage for the weekend. We would definitely stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Rob
"Nice hotel for the Price"
The hotel was nice for the price, but I wouldnt have stayed for a prolonged period of time.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Not good"
When we arrived at the hotel curbside valet it was pouring down rain and they informed us that the valet lot was full so we had to find a place to park on the street which was several blocks away and in the pouring rain. I don't understand how a valet lot can be full if you a lot one space per room I was very disappointed and I would not go back again
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service. I will specifically address your valet parking concerns with my valet manager to ensure these items are addressed. We should never be telling our overnight guests that the parking garage is full and directing them to park themselves, as we have an overflow parking garage available. I will address this immediately so this does not happen in the future to another guest. We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great weekend"
Great location great value for the money friendly staff and good cleanlinesswhich was booked through Expedia.com
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
party weekend
"Very convenient."
Hotel is fine. For the money, it is great! The breakfast alone saved us a ton as we were a party of seven. Not a 4 star breakfast, but fine. The rooms are smallish. Nothing outstanding, but very clean, modern and convenient to downtown. If it was just my wife and I we would stay again. Not a lot to do for kids. No pool and not much to do in the lobby.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Doug
"Good place to consider"
The air conditioner doesn't work very well. Except that, everything is perfect. Nice breakfast and nice people. Fantastic neighbourhood with many Asian restaurants. Love it!
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Yuqi
"Great hotel! Very close to verizon center!"
I had a great experience. Hotel staff was great! I will be using this hotel in the future.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Overall the hotel was great. Very convienent if you are using the Yellow/Green line for the Metro. One block away from the Verizon Center and Chinatown area. Watch out if you get booked in a room by the stairs. It is only 1/2 the size of a normal room. We complained and were immediately moved to another room and that was fantastic. The staff couldnt have been more helpful.
"A fun girl trip"
One of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in! We liked being in Chinatown and also convenient to the train station and sights. Expensive parking, but we came on the train, so that didn't affect us. Very good and varied breakfast.
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Nice location, dated hotel with maintenance issues"
This hotel is budget friendly for the area and comes with a nice continetnal breakfast. Most attractions are walkable; major conference centers Verizon and Washington are very close. The rooms are OK, looks like a very dated hotel dressed up all nice on the surface. There was mildew/mold embedded in the grout on the shower, and the water at the hotel tasted like mold. On the surface, the decorations are stylish and fit with the Chinatown feel, but it seems like there is some major grime lurking beneath.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service. I will specifically address your cleanliness and grout concerns with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure these items are addressed. We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Christa
"We had a fabulous stay."
When we arrived about an hour before check in we were immediately given our room. Our room was spotless and well decorated. Beds were comfortable & pillows were soft. Located in Chinatown close to everything 3 blocks from the Smithsonian Portrait Gallery & International Spy Museum 6 blocks from National Mall 1 block from the Gallery Place Metro Station. Security was good need a key card to take the elevator as well as entry into the lobby after 10 pm. Breakfast was okay it was filling & the staff was there to help you find things or take your tray. The only reason I gave the neighborhood rating a 4 is heavy foot traffic. We noticed most of the people walking looked very relaxed. Several times when outside smoking, people stopped & asked for a cigarette. There is a restaurant in the hotel called Irish Channel. Food was delicious, only warning drink prices are awful; 4 shots totaled 30. After that we went to the liquor store a 1/2 block away. Taking a car prepare to pay $30/night. We took a train to Union Station about a $7 cab trip to hotel & used the Metro Line to get around town we know traffic & parking is absurd in DC. Staff was wonderful, courteous & friendly, always smiling & anything you need. At check out we had several hours before our train, staff was happy to check our bags so we could site see more then called us a cab back to Union Station. Would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, convenient"
The hotel was clean. The customer service was well above average. The breakfast was a bit limited in comparison, but there were enough options for the weary traveler. It was well located for my purposes.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014