All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
2 Lexington Ave, New York, NY, 10010, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location, great room, great restaurants....."
I've been in lots of NY hotels and this one was the best so far; fun atmosphere, great staff, the food, the party at rhe hotel bar after 10pm... The art everywhere and the Great location... Makes you feel young again,,,, and I am only 47!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"stylish hotel in great location"
This hotel has lots of style and personality which is our favorite thing about it. The location is a huge plus as well. The staff member at check in was by far the best of our stay. Areas for improvement: pillows, room service and noise at night
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Smiles are free!"
GPH is a lovely place and in a wonderful, quiet neighborhood (yes, hard to imagine but it's true). The rooms exude character and one feels more like one is staying at a friend's nice maison campagne than a hotel. Alas, that same bonhomie does not extend to the senior staff. When polite, they are diffident; when not, they are downright rude. I got the sense they believed their own press too much and were doing the guests a favor by permitting them to stay. One example that fairly set the tone: The lovely bar is not, apparently, for guest use. The front desk person had suggested at check-in that we make reservations if we'd like to have a drink. "Sure, let's do that then," I replied. "Oh, well, you'll have to speak with the concierge. She's over there." Well, she wasn't. By the third trip to the front desk to ask about the concierge and/or bar reservations, I asked if she could simply pass along the message that we'd like a reservation. This earned an exasperated look -- I dunno, seemed like a reasonable suggestion to me. Well, the concierge finally emerged, wiping her mouth and finishing some bite cut short, only to say that the bar was entirely full that evening and a waitlist was all that could be managed. Mind you, this was check-in at 3pm or so. Seems pretty snotty when a hotel decides the beautiful people of Manhattan are more important than their own paying guests.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
SD
"Location and class"
Bohemian with class. Excellent location. Good staff. No restaurant.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Sasha
"Nice but aging"
The location and amenities are top notch. Unfortunately the hotel is resting on these and not keeping the room conditions (especially the bathrooms)
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Nice neighborhood"
Hotel very nice, but the beds were too hard. Also ask for a room that doesn't face the street - sirens all night.
4 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Ann
"Super-chic hotel in Fantastic neighborhood"
What a chic hotel but not the kind that tries too hard to be "cool". Amazing location with access to the city's most beautiful private park. Rooms are perfectly appointed, very cool bar off the lobby with great casual energy, and last but not least- an amazing restaurant just off the hotel's lobby by one of New York's finest food pros, Danny Meyer. Everything we look for in a hotel- location, great room, good bar, and too notch FOOD!!!
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Lots of attitude and fake exclusivity...spend your mooney at a hotel which actually values it's customers.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"A gem of a hotel"
We travel to New York quite a bit, especially since our son attends NYU. We were looking for a hotel that had close proximity to campus and while it's almost a mile away, we found a gem. The service is courteous and professional from check in to the end of our stay. The rooms are nicely appointed but do not recommend the standard queen--it was too small and we moved rooms. The location, right across from Gramercy Park, was quiet and beautiful. Room service was one time every time and the food was very good. We can't wait to go back.
5 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great hotel and amazing staff!"
IT was an absolute pleasure to stay at the hotel, they helped make our engagement a total success. I will be staying there again!
Sean
"Favorite hotel in NYC"
I come to NYC every 4/5 weeks on business. I have stayed at over a dozen places. I personally prefer unique properties over the boring predictability of SPG and the likes (ie. Dear Westin, I am tired of the your little useless green soaps). Love the location in Gramercy which makes me feel slightly more of a local (lived in Manhattan for six years before moving West) than Midtown. Like the decor and art. Love Maiolino's food for business lunches and dinners and the Rose bar for the apres dinner drink. The staff has also been extremely accommodating. Once they allowed me to check in at 7am after an international red eye flight. That made my day. I also love the fact that staff sends you emails that they actually read and reply!
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Valeria
"Very trendy hotel in a great location."
I love this hotel. Everything from the fantastic service to the location. My room was small but very comfortable and attractively decorated. It is conveniently located for walking to several great restaurants as well as has an excellent restaurant on-site. The bar is a must! Don't miss it for the cocktails and crowd.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Jodi
"Loved this hotel with character!"
Very eclectic hotel, with lots of character. Staff was top notch. Great location. Wished I had time to explore the park.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
D.
Had Been here before the renovations. Lovely room, nice staff, expensive bar drinks.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
susie
"The Heart of Amazing NYC"
Glorious! perfection.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2014
Awesome Hotel in a great location for a first visit to NYC
"Great atmophere for my brief night in New York."
Really enjoyed my stay. Hotel was able to make me feel the flavor of what's going on New York. Rooms were super comfy and spacious. The small bar are was really well designed artwork in hotel really impressive too. Took a morning stroll in private Gramery Park behind which was perfect start to hectic day in he big city.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
heather
"perfect"
hotel was so quiet in the room. The room was super hip but still totally luxe. LOVED being on the park and having the gorgeous chrome bikes to ride. Maialino is always amazing!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Rachin NYC
"Classic lady in need of a new dress"
Hotel is a significant historic NYC site, but badly in need of an upgrade to the interior except for the lobby. Service was generally excellent all around. The location in the quiet Gramercy Park neighborhood is a real plus!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Dr. Goethe
"Great location. Beautifully appointed interiors."
Loved this hotel. Beautifully decorated. Hip without being pretentious or stuffy. Loved the art. Loved the actual room. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"GRAMERCY PARK - MANY REASONS TO STAY"
The Gramercy Park Hotel is a very beautiful, 'Classic' that seems from an era gone by, but the most wonderful part for us was being able to enter the well guarded, gated, private setting of Gramercy Park itself. The crazy part is it's not very big, but it's completely private in the middle of the huge city of New York. It felt very surreal to be walking around in a park that not many New Yorkers have ever stepped foot in. Is it worth staying in the hotel just for the park? Well it would be, but there were so many more reasons that we loved the Gramercy Park Hotel. Beyond the park, I will say that the very deep bathtub, and the complimentary bath salts, made my day, and helped make it a very relaxing stay. The room service was impeccable, we were made to feel like visiting dignitaries. The maid service was well beyond typical, it was superb. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and overly accommodating! The food in the restaurant was amazing, the coffee excellent, the pastries worth almost a trip just for the restaurant. Try the chocolate croissant! Really enjoyed our brief, one night stay. If you have the budget for this type of hotel then definitely do it. If you do not normally have the budget for this type of hotel, wait for a discount and go for it! Its well worth the stay!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Suzette
"Beautiful Hotel, Small Room"
Love this place. You must take advantage of the private Gramercy Park. The hotel is amazing with gorgeous art and decorum. However for the price I found the room to be small, and the TV to be old. Still over all a wonderful spot.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
"World famous historic hotel. A must do for NYC!"
Everyone staying there was very nice not pretentious at all. By far the coolest hotel building in NYC. Be sure to ask for the "Key to Gramercy Park" when there, something I heard Cher's son sing about but never realized what he meant until this trip! Gramercy Park is a private park, if you stay in the hotel you can borrow the key which only residents have. We met a long haired man with a British accent who was staying in the Penthouse (hmm a rock star maybe?) and also a nice couple at the Rose Bar (another don't miss place!). It is much less expensive on an off night (Sunday) but I hear the bar is happening on Saturday nights so next time I might try for a weekend stay.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"great neighborhood/ access to private park"
valet parking at $75.00 pricey....hotel too dark for us..everything was deep red and wood..seemed medieval....our room was like a tomb. small bathroom and tiny living room. Our reservation was for 3 adults and we had to ask for the sofa to be made up as a bed at night. we have stayed at many boutique hotels and this was the darkest overall and the room was the smallest junior suite we have experienced. Very nice staff, great location away from the bustle, fabulous private Gramercy Park access.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
William I.
"Unique hotel experience"
Loved this hotel- unique and interesting decor and concept. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Bar and restaurant were very chic. Location is great- true neighborhood feel and easy to walk to a lot of destinations. Access to Gramercy Park is a nice little bonus.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Tracy
"Not Impressed"
While this hotel is rated 5 stars, I did not find it to be at the level I am used to for a 5 star hotel. The bathroom was not in good shape, and there was no usable electrical outlet in the bathroom so I could not dry my hair in front of a mirror. The location is interesting and access to the park is nice if you have time. Overall I was not impressed with the hotel or the amount I paid.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
JJ
"great neighborhood"
The hotel was great. A few of the staff were a little stuffy and were not overly friendly but the majority were good. The art and this history of this hotel was amazing. This well be a definite return location in the future. Also the area was very nice and a quiet break from the big city.
5 night romance trip May 15, 2014
M. Manbeck
"I do NOT come back !"
l was three times by 2006-7. by then was a stunning hotel. now is a regular with five stars prces.
Other trip May 20, 2014
josé
"What a waste of beauty"
First off if your staying here and not a billionaire or a celebrity prepared to be treated as second class. Even thou your paying over $500 a night that doesn't mean you'll be let into the bar even thou its empty. Found hair In the bathtub and dirty cups in the closet. The only respectable staff members are at the resturant. I suggest booking somewhere else.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
The location is amazing. The hotel is old with a significant attempt to be edgy. Service was excellent.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
Becker
"1 Night Business Stay w/ Benefits"
I picked the Gramercy Park Hotel because it was right around the corner from an appointment I had in NYC the following morning. As it turned out the hotel has some pretty stellar nightlife even for NYC standards on a Wednesday! I had a blast downstairs in the bar/lounge area and never even made it to the upstairs rooftop bar which I've only heard good things about as well. I was upgraded to a corner suite upon arrival, and I can honestly say I had a remarkably good experience at the hotel. Clean, Freindly Staff, and a lot of fun as well.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"Part of the Neighborhood"
I've always been a fan of the Gramercy Park Hotel, so I was happy to find a great rate on hotels.com for a recent business trip. The hotel remains cool after all these years, with such touches of amazing artwork, authentic dark wood, and rich colors. Service was very helpful, as I arrived very early in the morning and had to store luggage. Housekeeping also did a lovely job every day.
3 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
NM20104
"Perfect"
You can't go wrong staying here. The hotel has great personality, staff is accommodating and is in walking distance to a lot of great shopping and dining.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2014
"Wonderful place to stay"
Great hotel, we loved the design, style and finishes and ambiance. The grand fireplace in the foyer gave a great welcome everytime we entered the hotel. Bedroom was hip yet settled in an old world, and its bar gave the room extra glamour and was very well stocked. Housekeeping service was great, concierge service was a tad slow but always came through wonderfully in the end. Restaurant was fantastic for brunch and dinner. The only issue i could find was that there was an extra charge for wifi for guests in their rooms while Internet access is free in the lobby. In this day and age wifi should be available free of charge in rooms and accessible throughout the facility. I look forward to my next visit.
4 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
"special place for a special occasion."
It was gorgeous and a loverly location in the city. Hotel staff very accommodating to all our needs.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
The furnace in our room (1214) made clicking sounds all night and was distracting. Besides that, everything was great!
3 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Quiet location close to subway."
GPH is our favorite Manhattan hotel with a quiet neighborhood feel. It's within walking distance of many parks and restaurants, and close to the subway for easy access to other parts of the city.
5 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Peaceful"
Enjoyed it thoroughly. Will be heading back soon!
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Michele
"BOUTIQUE HOTEL"
GREAT HOTEL, AND GREAT LOCATION. VERY HELPFUL STAFF
2 night trip Mar 22, 2014
CP
"European feel in great Gramercy Park area."
The hotel exceeded my expectations with a large room, gracious lobby and a fabulous restaurant attached. I felt welcomed, catered to and cared about. Who says NY has to be impersonal? I'd stay here again. Good walking neighborhood, taxis available and friendly staff.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Tex
awesome experience
3 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
allergy to floor rug
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"very special experience"
A wonderful one-night stay! Beautiful, distinctive and comfortable decor; wonderful staff/service.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
stacie
"The Music Makes the Different"
The hotel has a well developed sense of style and they are thorough in it's application. I am particularly impressed with their house band - Brian Newman.The only sour note was the opeing time of the breakfast restaurant - 0730 hrs.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2014
Carmen
"terrific location"
easy to find location, great amenities such as 24 hour room service, friendly personnel, plenty of plugs for electronics
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
cindy
The Hotel is very elegant!
3 night business trip Jan 28, 2014
Donna Wegener
"Lovely hotel which links old world with new."
Happy cold winter night in elegant and charming hotel.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"Nightmare weekend."
I spent $1500 for two nights at the Gramercy Park Hotel. They were having a private event in their nightclub, which is really just the hotel lobby with a curtain pulled. We could feel the bass from the music in while lying in our beds. The air conditioning was broken so the room was over 80 degrees. The arm of the sofa was completely broken off. There are so many awesome hotels in New York City. Save your money and skip this one.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
Marie
"My go-to hotel when in NYC"
I maintained an apartment in NYC for the past 8 years while living abroad, having given it up just this past summer. If I had stayed at the GPH before this past August, I would have given up the apartment much sooner! The location is fantastic, the Rose Bar has the best vibe out of any, hotel bars in the city, the restaurant is outstanding, but what really makes the GPH stand out are the quality and attentiveness of the staff. From the front desk, and the concierge right down to the hotel security people everyone is welcoming and makes you feel like you're a VIP. I will definitely be back!
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
NYC expat
"Great atmosphere"
loved the dramatic quality of the hotel's design and artwork. Nice neighborhood. Wished there had been coffee in the room and free internet like less expensive hotels, but still a very enjoyable stay.
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014