All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America
101 South El Paso St, El Paso, TX, 79901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice for a weekend stay"
Overall nice and clean but restaurant was hot and uncomfortable to eat. Food could also be a little better.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Yvonne
"My favorite hotel"
Love this Hotel, is close to everything and the rooms are very good, the bathrooms need a little work, we have been staying in this hotel since 2010 and we love it.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Jose
Hotel was a bit outdated but the accommodations were comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Suzanne
"Amazing Hotel, Bar, and Restaurant"
When I stay the night in El Paso, I always stay at the Camino Real. It is comfortable, quaint, and very reasonable. The staff is very professional and always aim to provide the most comfortable hotel stay. The Dome Bar is perfect for a pianist or a solo acoustic guitarist. It's not accommodating for a seven-piece R-n-B/Rock-n-Roll/Arena-rock band. It was so unbearably loud in the Dome Bar that the friends who met me there and I had to hold our conversations outside near the fountain. The person who books the talent and bands in the Dome Bar definitely need to reconsider the environment they wish to create. It doesn't make sense to have this beautiful, stone (i.e. ECHO-y) bar dominated by off-key covers of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero." My friends and I had to take our business elsewhere because of the deafening noise. The set-up for the Dome Bar simply does not allow for plugged-in bands.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
The hotel was an older style facility. We booked four rooms - one deluxe with double beds and three executive level with king beds. Two of the executive level rooms were mini suites with ample space; the other ended up being a small room with a double bed. This was disappointing for this couple. The executive level included access to an executive lounge for a continental breakfast & happy hour. This breakfast was lacking - boxed cereal, fruit & pastries only. I cannot speak for the happy hour. This was not worth the additional $100 per room we paid. The rooms did not have refrigerators and the televisions were not high quality. We went to Walmart & purchased Styrofoam coolers for the rooms so we could keep our beverages cool. The elevators were quick which was a surprise. Overall, we would probably stay here again for the proximity to the El Paso Convention Center; however, the hotel could benefit from some modernization.
5 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2015
Jeffrey
Only good in pictures.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Old hugh hotel near the boarder. Needs an update. Very cool common areas. In a rundown area of downtown but felt safe.
2 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"not again"
The stay wasn't the best. No breakfast like promised.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
enrique
"Must do"
Very good hotel,the service was remarkable,the cleanliness was fantastic, the restaurant within the hotel was exceptional and the overall stay was superb.
3 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Howard
"Pretty disappointing."
The room was plenty big enough. The bed was comfortable. However, the sink was clogged, and when it filled hair started to come from the drain. This was obviously pretty gross. They came and fixed it, but it seems that would be something that should've been discovered prior to giving the room to a guest. Also, I arrived at 2:30, check-in wasn't until 3:00, I had no problem waiting, but when I approached the front desk and said I was checking in, I got a look from the woman at the desk like I was annoying her and she told me there was a line. There wasn't a line, but there were several people sitting on some couches over in the lobby. I guess I was supposed to figure this out on my own and not bother her. I think I will find a different place to stay next time. Especially considering it was over $100 a night, no way was it worth that.
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
The desk clark did not know how to talk to peoples. The room was clean and I like the location.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Frederick
This was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Terry
I arrived into town earlier than expected. Brianna at the hotel desk was fantastic in helping me get a room before the 3pm check-in time. The room was a little old fashioned. The only extra outlets that were not being used were in the bathroom so that was a bit of a pain. The TV was a "fat back" which is old but still worked fine. The air conditioner knobs were of the old days. My room was set on hi but never really got as cold as I am used to. I was on the 13th floor in a corner room so the view was exceptional. The location of the hotel is great. It is right across the street from the baseball field, convention center, museums ect. There are a few fast food places within walking distance of the hotel. Overall the location is what sold me on the decision to stay here. I would stay here again if I ever find myself going to El Paso again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"Very old hotel and slow staff."
It was not good. The first room the toilet was broken then they moved us to a downgraded room where the air condition broke on the second day. They did not comp me on anything. The food in the cafe downstairs was not very good. The staff was good except at the front desk. Not very understandable on my inconvenience.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Ryan
"Worst customer service ever !!"
Well my wife and I decided we'd get away for a one night stay at El Camino Real. We purchased booked the room through Expedia, which is considered a third party. Now our room wasn't bad except for, 1. We requested a King Size bed. They gave us a queen. 2. The toilet was leaking water. We Called room service and they quickly responded. The next morning I explained to the front desk manager the situation . To make a long and crummy story short . The customer service was horrible .. Basically what the FDM said we insane.. she embarrassed us after offering a breakfast meal for free (but with limitations) other food we could order.. I am completely unsatisfied with the customer service El Camino provided.. my wife and I left before we were able to order.. never ever again will we ever stay there.....
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Rogelio
"Excited for First Time Stay but Dissapointed"
We came in from the Phoenix area for a family gathering and wanted to stay in downtown or the West side. We have stayed at several area hotels over the years but this was our first time at the Camino Real. The first thing we observed was the long line at the check-in desk. Considering most hotel stays are pre-book, the influx of customers shouldn't be a surprised to the hotel. It took us approximately 30 to 35 minutes to check-in to the hotel even some of the other guests standing behind us in line made comments of how long it was taking and how the hotel should of have more staff. Another observation was the parking garage, the old rusty pipes were leaking a brown-yellowish liquid which covered our white SUV. Not knowing what the fluid was or if it was going to be damaging to the paint job, we went to get the car wash. In addition to be travelers we are also business people, one of the amenities we look for in a hotel when we travel is Wi-Fi coverage. We are not opposed to paying for it if it's a reliable service;however, your hotel advertised Wi-Fi in all the rooms which it was very unstable and very slow which led to many interruptions in service. This was troublesome since in today's market place Wi-Fi is a mandatory necessity. We understand that the hotel is older and has a lot of charm and character; however, some updating is needed especially charging 100+ dollars per night like the bathrooms, TV, Decor and Bed Size.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"nice old hotel-staff"
Staff was uniformed and numerous people provided invalid.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
mark
"Needs a little updating"
I was in a Junior Suite and the room was huge, but the TV only received 3 channels (not HD). The A/C couldn't keep the room cool even though it was set to 60 degrees with the fan on high!!!!
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015
Jerry
"Comfortable place"
Ghost town at night!!!
2 night trip Jun 2, 2015
jorge
"Nice downtown hotel"
The Camino Real was a very good hotel. Right across from the convention center and the ballpark. Needs to update tv's and cable in rooms
3 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Ok hotel needs better wifi"
Overall ok hotel not impressed. Wifi is not good at all.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Jesus
"hotel nice"
bowling trip
3 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Leaun jr
"Late Check In"
I arrive at 11am, check in at 3pm, bowling tournament start at 5pm. Check in need to start earlier. Lot of waiting time.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2015
Willie
"El Paso"
Overall very nice, did not like the executive lounge, very little to offer for breakfast
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Gianni A.
"Awful"
Rooms were ok. Had a group half got charged different per room. We went for complimentary breakfast when we found some rooms come with breakfast some do not. Overall worst customer service I have ever seen. If you stay save initial receipt you sign for. Many people where charged extra without any explanation.
3 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
"Visiting for National Bowling Tournament"
I stayed here to be across the street from the convention center. I was disappointed to find in my room a picture tube television, no refrigerator, no microwave, and a bathroom with a color scheme making it look unclean.
3 night trip May 28, 2015
"Veteran traveler -- do not stay here!!!"
The website limits the length of the review - so this is only one issue I experienced. I ordered room service this evening and, after two hours, nothing was delivered. When I attempted to place my order it took 7 times (!) to finally reach someone after being hung up on 4 times and rung through to the front desk 3 times. When I called the front desk they took no ownership of the situation. I was repeatedly transferred to the kitchen, where no one answered the call. I went downstairs to try to solve the issue and was greeted by a tremendously hateful server who called me a liar (a paying customer) and said I answered the phone and told them I did not order any food. Insane!!! I never received this call and can assure you, since I was starving, The chef then offered me the cold food that had been prepared 2 hours before. My dinner for the evening ended up being a glass of ice water. Ultimately, someone needs to take ownership of the operation of this hotel. It seems blatantly obvious that no one is willing to do so and that customer service is one amenity you shouldn't expect here. I have used hotels.com for 5 years and in all of these stays I have never been treated with so little respect than I was tonight. I would give this hotel a wide berth.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Pretty good"
The room was huge and clean. Front desk was friendly and knowledgeable about neighborhood. Will stay again if I go back.
2 night trip with friends May 26, 2015
Ronnie
"Just ok"
Nothing to do near the hotel other than shop at street vendor type stores. You will need a car to get to the suburbs where there are things to do. There is a baseball team but if not in town for a game that's out. Area around hotel going towards Mexico is pretty run down. Rooms were ok but teetering on needing some TLC. Bathrooms were dark and tile in shower was painted. Could use a rehab
3 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Not Happy"
Hitel was not modernised....had to complain about no hot water the fight day there...urn shower on and the tub would run....
5 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
"beds"
your double beds ar the size of a full size bed a little small
2 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"Great experience as always"
She is showing her age although she still is a beautiful peace of history, all the staff went above and beyond, that's hard to find so thank you.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
"A little dated, otherwise great"
Lovely old hotel, beautiful bar. Pool a bit of an afterthought, and somewhat lacking in the commanding view it aught to have. Very comfortable clean, clearly run by professionals.
2 night business trip May 10, 2015
Kenneth
"Bowling trip"
The guy at the front desk said I order a single bed and not a king size bed so he had to check to see if they had one available. The food was warm from the restaurant Huerta. The bar area was cold and the lady bartender was slow is serving you. When we check out I ask how many single bed do they have and the manager said they only have King and double beds so the guy LIED to us.
3 night family trip May 10, 2015
Roxanne
"overated in El Paso"
There was no early check in. Stayed and slept in t he lobby for nearly 4 hrs. Mislead online for breakfast in the executive lounge (basically a locked room for a "continental" breakfast) the room was huge but very outdated...it sported old 19 90's big back non HD tv's....nowhere noway this should be 3-3 1/2 star hotel. 1 bar of soap in room
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Travis
"have fun"
good
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"great rate"
Great place to stay. Staff was awesome.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
"Sara's Wedding!"
Loved this old hotel & found it comfortable & clean. The brunch the next day was beautifully laid out & tasty but would have loved some black tea! Nice music ,a bit loud. We will be back Can't forget the Dome bar...perfect .
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
CHRISTINA
"so so."
I was in town for the bowling tournament. The bathroom faucet wouldn't shut off all the way. The tile Floor in the bathroom was cracked in several places. The hotel ran out of toilet paper and it took several hours to get some brought up to the room. The pool was full of pigeons.
5 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Albert
"do not arrive early"
We arrived early and was not allowed to check in until 3 pm with 15 other families Not enough front desk staff to accommodate the amount of people It took 1 hour for use to be waited on
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
sherry
"Old but beautiful"
I liked my stay but it's because they gave me a very clean executive level room, Yes it needs updating and fresh paint in places but rooms are beautiful and the price is right -- I was very comfortable ! Would be nice if they added a fridge in these super large rooms.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Dated needs a make over, especially the bathrooms"
Hotel restaurant was dreadful. Staff were very pleasant and efficient. Updating required like carpeting in main areas, trim work, paint and bathrooms.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Austiniteite
"Very dated property"
Hotel is very dated, Staff was less interested in customers than I would have expected, We stayed on the executive floor and there was nothing special about it,
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Historical indeed"
Beautiful historical hotel. Great bar, they had live music on Friday night. Walking distance to the ballpark. Downfall carpet is old and stained, airconiditoner in room did not work, staff wasn't welcoming as they talked Spanish to each other and made no conversation at check in. I went to this hotel to save a few dollars compared to the other one down the street. Well u get what u pay for, next time I'll be paying the extra 40 a night .
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Beautiful building - inexistent service"
We had booked an 'Executive Room, Executive Level' including (continental) breakfast in the Executive Lounge. When we arrived around 9 in the morning in the Executive Lounge on the 8th floor, there were only used, dirty cups and plates. No pain, no cookies, only some leftovers, some yogurt and flakes, juice, tins of coca cola and other cold drinks. No water in the coffee machine, no possibility to refill, no way to prepare coffee or tea. We called the reception, they promised to send someone, we waited in vain for 10 minutes and called the reception again, they said, they had already sent someone. We waited longer and called the reception a third time. Same answer. We waited ... after 20 minutes, no one had appeared, so we left without breakfast. Upon checkout they refused to make a discount on the price with the explanation that they could do nothing about it since we had booked through Expedia (!). When we insisted, the receptionist went to see her boss and came back with the same answer but offered us breakfast in the restaurant. However, by then we had to leave...
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Martin
"Over priced and under performing!"
Stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Several things stood out. I stayed on the Executive floor. The room did not have a microwave, refrigerator, or a decent tv. I never did find a room service menu. There was no electrical outlet near the bed to plug in a CPAP machine. The windows were too filthy to take a clear picture of the view. The restroom was very poorly lit. There was no place to hang a towel within reach of the shower. My key wouldn't work in the Executive lounge to get to the continental breakfast. Called the desk and they sent a person up to open the room. The person said I would get a new key that would work but I never got the key. Not getting the key turned out to be a non-issue as the Continental breakfast was not worth waiting for.It consisted of 4 bowls of fruit and a small plate of miniature pastries. There was a pitcher of milk and orange juice in a small fridge. The coffee pot was a Kuerig machine but there were only decaf K-cups. Not worth the trouble. There is very little seating in the lobby if you are waiting for a ride. There is only one bench outside to sit on if you are waiting for a ride.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Beautiful, historic hotel"
Hotel was beautiful just make sure you know what all is included in your stay so you don't get surprised
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"Bad customer service"
Hotel was very nice. As for the person at the front desk during the day, she was not customer oriented. She told me one thing at my check in and denied the statement the next day she did not want to give me a receipt at checkout. She stated that Hotels.com get the receipt and not me. She refused to give me a copy. Bad business
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Terence
"Not as good as I had hoped"
-Free Wifi was no where to be had. -Executive rooms were supposed to have a Flat Screen HDTV, also not the case. -Wallpaper peeling off in places. -Executive Lounge left a lot to be desired, seemed like it was an unused room. -Shuttle service left a lot to be desired, had to take a cab to make my flight home. A friend of mine was staying in a hotel that was about half the cost and their room seemed much higher quality than ours
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Doug
"Hotel In The Middle of Downtown"
Very nice classic hotel in the middle of town. Can tell this was a grand hotel in its day and still is. The hotel bar is beautiful. The drinks though are way overpriced. The hotel is great-the bar is beautiful-the prices for drinks makes no sense for the El Paso market.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015