All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Poor vibe
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
Entire experience was horrible. Was there for conference and others had just as much issues. Staff was also very rude.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
ida
"Unless the management changes, don't stay here"
First we were early for check in. The room wasn't ready, which was fine, but when they did give us a room it had a full and a roll away when I had reserved 2 queens. They tried to say they were over booked and couldn't change it. My roommate had to go in person to the desk to get us a new room which magically was available. Then the wifi wouldn't work, and so we were going to call the desk. But the phone was dead. We used the cell phone to call it in, but no one ever came. Then the toilet stopped up. They came about 30 minutes later to fix and also checked the phone and wifi which remained unfixed. Then the toilet clogged up again. The food in the restaurant was terrible-tastes like it came out of a can. Other members of our convention were treated rudely, were double charged and not refunded, had bed bugs. Basically all unacceptable.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
Sue
"a whistle stop on the way to somewhere else"
i needed a place to stay before catching the train. staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is a splendid example of early art-deco architecture
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2016
INDIANA
Very Noisy
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2016
"Fantastic Place"
This place is great! Staff is very nice and helpful. Several dining choices inside the hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2016
scott
We stayed after a Great Yanni Concert and made the whole experience great.
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2016
Gabriel
"Don't stay here"
The hotel sucks. They ran out of batteries for the thermostat and the TV remote. The AC never worked properly. No refrigerator and no microwave. They're lost in the 19th century somewhere.
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2016
"Fun"
Wish we had had more time.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Hugh
"Traveler"
Good match for what you pay for....
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2016
"Pleasantly surprised"
We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Many negative reviews were posted for the hotel, so we were skeptical, but we really wanted to stay close to the US-Mexico border and this was the perfect location. The front desk staff was courteous, professional and very pleasant. We thought the rooms were going to be dated, but the room was just fine. Quiet hotel, the parking was underground, so that was nice. Will not hesitate to stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Bernardino
"Vacation connection."
We enjoyed our stay, wish it were longer.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2016
Hugh
"NEEDS REMODEL!!!!"
This hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. Have stayed here many many times over the years, and it keeps getting worse everytime. What used to be 4 star is now 2 at best. The staff is also rude! The new owners have entire floors shut down and not even available for use!!! Somebody needs to inform the hotel owners, that unless they remodel soon that business will become non existent. Because this hotel is a historical building, almost the entire remodeling project could be paid for via government grants even!!
2 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
steve
It was wonderful to stay in a historic building. Very awesome architectural details. The room was very large and the furniture fit the era. I would just have liked to see a more updated bathroom. Overall a great place to stay.
2 night business trip Feb 21, 2016
I would not recommend this hotel. I understand it's a historical hotel, but rooms need major upgrade. TV are small. Beds are small. Didn't get the king bed I requested instead it was a queen which felt like a full size bed.
2 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
JUAN
"Run down dirty hotel"
This is the worst, old, dirty, and run down hotel we ever stayed in. It was so run down and dirty we did not even take a shower, disgusting. You need to get it off the hotel.com list.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2016
Vassilia
"Worst Stay Ever!!!"
Awful, awful, awful. Filthy room, bathroom and blessings. Please DO NOT stay here unless u absolutely have to. Uncomfortable beds gave me a back ache all the next day. It was gross and disgusting.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2016
"GREAT stay."
Beautiful historical hotel. The staff are wonderfully accommodating and professional. The dome bar is gorgeous with an awesome bartender. The neighborhood looks like it's up and coming. However walking around in the neighborhood is kind of scary because of the homeless hanging around in the parks and on the corners. However I must say I never felt unsafe.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
"up grading"
hotel room needs up grade needs new beds air vents was hanging from ceiling carpet dirty windows dirty
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2016
Trinidad
"Find a Better Hotel"
Horrible place, horrible service and dirty
3 night trip Feb 19, 2016
"Great hotel but unknown charges."
The room was excellent and the staff was very friendly. The view from our window on the 8th floor was awesome. The only problem I had was that they charged me for parking when I was checking out even though when I checked in they told me parking was complimentary. Also they charged an extra 24 dollars two days later without telling me what the charge was for.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Corey
The bath was clogged up
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
alejandra
"Not all that..."
Stayed in this hotel because of the history and location. Not impressed with the room and staff. Great location to anything downtown but that's about it.
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2016
"Yuck! Run!!!!"
There was green and red around the toilet. Bathroom tiles had black on them. The wall covering was stained. There are no plastic liners for the ice tubs. The TV's were old huge box sets. The carpet is stained and a brown color from dirt - in the floor hallways and in the rooms. Basically, everything about this hotel makes me cringe. It used to be nice about a decade ago. The first floor lobby is ok. The dome bar is cool but go to Double Tree. I hear they have a cool bar as well and the rooms are clean.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Love staying in the executive floor...having drinks at the dome bar..beautiful!
1 night trip Feb 5, 2016
elizabeth
"Awesome hotel in a great location"
I went to a concert a found this hotel to be right across the street. They have underground parking. Staff was super friendly, great bar on first floor and a restaurant with excellent food. Hotel is very old and "historic" so of course some stuff may be outdated, but I'm there just to sleep, so it shouldn't be a big deal that the AC isn't digital or the shower knob is "outdated" for only 90 bucks this hotel was a steal.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2016
Fernando
The windows don't open, the room was hot and the I believe the A/C is off for the winter. There sink stop was broken and wouldn't open to drain. The toilet valve ran every 45 seconds all night long. This is a tired, worn out property that desperately needs to be renovated. The ONLY reason to stay here is for the historic aspects - it's a terrible hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
I feel some of the accommodation were miss leading. Such as the fridge in the room. I didn't realize that I had to pay for a fridge
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
Jonathan
"Cold Camino Real - would not reccomend"
It was very disappointing. It was cold and rainy when we went in October. It was very cold in our room and it felt like the heater was blowing cold air. When we told the front desk they said they would have someone look at it while we went to our concert. When we got back it was even colder. We called front desk and they sent up maintenance who informed us the heat had not yet been turned on so just to leave the unit off or it would blow cold air all night. It was very cold and uncomfortabale. The rooms look old and out dated.I will never stay there again nor recommend it to anyone ever. I would have preffered to stay at the Double Tree Downtown El Paso. It would have been much better.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
"Dissatisfied with Camino Real"
i was disappointed overall. although the staff service was excellent, the quality of the room, and the food at he restaurant left a lot to be desired. I had an entre of Shrimp and Pork Belly. The shrimp were delicious, but the pork belly was not cooked properly, and the sauces upset my stomach
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
Miguel
"Beautiful, historic place"
Beautiful, historic building with an awesome lobby bar, live music, free parking underground. So sad to see the surrounding downtown El Paso deserted. Wifi was so slow, used cell phone instead. Beautiful, helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
"Perfect Sun Bowl hotel."
Came for the Sun Bowl, nice hotel, easy taxi ride to the stadium. Good service, beautiful old style hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Historic Hotel very nice"
The rooms are clean and well kept for an hotel with historic ranking, the bar and sitting areas on the lobby are quite nostalgic and well preserved.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Gustavo
The air conditioning did not work and the manager was very rude. We were not told that the breakfast wasn't free until after we ate
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Tino
"Needs renovation"
For the price it needs to be updated.I worked for a motel 6 and they just updated there facility, and it's a lot better and cheaper. It's not bad just needs to be renovated.
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
We had a great time in the beautiful bar and slept very well, we will continue to stay at this hotel when ever we are in El Paso
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
Ingerid
"Duran's Trip to El Paso"
Nice Location, Not easy to find a parking space especially during Saturday night, because of local events. We cannot start the shower on Monday, it seems like the faucet was locked.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
Carlos
"Bad hotel in El Paso"
The hotel is not updated. The air conditioning no works in some rooms, The plumbing does not work very well, and the hotel staff is not nice. This hotel needs a new manager.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
"Quaint Hotel in Downtown El Paso"
Very nice historical hotel. A very nice bar. Great breakfast area with some traditional Mexican delights. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
Kenneth
"Just ok"
Staff was good, I understand that the hotel is a historical but things were out dated, the tv was huge like 1990's tv and they heater didn't work in room only blew out cold air.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2015
"Older hotel with great charm."
Staff was polite, and accommodating. Room not bad for the price, could use updates in the bathroom but overall for a much older hotel, I was expecting that it might need some updates. Room was cozy and surprised I couldn't hear any of the outside noise considering the location. Visited the bar in the hotel and enjoyed a drink it a wonderful atmosphere. Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Vanessa
"Excellent!!!!!"
Excellent stay excellent customer service at the front desk. I kust can't wait to come back to Camino Real
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
adriana
"Don't stay here"
Please don't ignore the reviews like I did. This used to be a great luxury hotel back in the 1900s. But now is a dump.there are roaches and bed bugs the place is its very dirty. I have stayed at better places across the border in Juarez.another thing to mention is the horrible construction they have in downtown.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
""Its an Okay Place""
The stay was okay. It wasn't the best but paying what i paid for the room, i expected a lot more from the hotel. The restrooms need renovation and furniture needs to be replaced.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
Anthony
"Never staying here again."
This "historic" hotel is in dire need of a refresh. The architecture, stone, wood, and stained glass are wonderful. But the faucet and shower fixtures are terrible. the water pressure and volume are insultingly bad. There is no mini-fridge. The TV was about 20 years old. The lighting in the room was insufficient, although, during the day the windows provided ample room lighting. There are few wall outlets to charge devices. THere are NO modern necessities, not even a clock. the neighborhood is super sketchy just south of the hotel. North of the hotel is under construction, and its looking like an urban renewal project to improve the economy. The hotel cafe was not great for the price, but not bad. Lunch for three was about $60, and the room cost about $100.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2015
"Camino Real"
Good hotel near to excellent restaurant but somewhat run down. The fitness room is much worse, for example, than when I was there 2 years ago. A lack of maintenance.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
Charles M.
"Wonderful old hotel"
Wonderful experience. I gave room cleanliness a 4 due to the bathroom floor being dirty. The bar, dining room, guest room were first class. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Since it caters mostly to business, we were able to get a very affordable room rate over the weekend when its occupancy rate is low. We will stay there again, and I definitely recommend this property.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
You can tell the hotel is old but it is comfy and clean. Unfortunately downtown El Paso is not much to look at.
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Rebecca
To old, mattresses, bath, no hot water in the shower it took a wild
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
nestor
"Beautiful old hotel, needs updating and a doorman!"
This was a last minute trip and we decided to stay at this grand hotel. When we arrived on a Sunday night and I was getting checked in my husband was immediately accosted by a street person asking for money. He wasn't threatening but was intense and persistent until we gave him something. Later that night, when my husband stepped out for a smoke, he was accosted again by a different person begging. The hotel room was spacious and clean but very much in need of up-dating mattress, carpets, bathroom fixtures. The bar area was cool and the food was fine and the bartender was attentive and nice. Overall, I don't think the hotel is worth the cost of our stay, about $110 plus taxes. We will not stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
kim
"So disappointing"
The Camino Real is a historic hotel with a gorgeous entrance, lobby, and dining area. That makes it so much more disappointing to have staff who are unprofessional, room amenities that are absurdly lacking (really? ONE coffee packet?), and filthy, outdated bathrooms. The floors were disgusting. There was mildew on the shower (clorox would do the trick). It is so unfortunate that the new ownership is not investing in what could be THE hotel in the city. The views are amazing and the location is perfect...I hope this review and others prompts the management to scale it up a bit. Can't they invest in a couple of coffee pots in the lobby for those staying?
Other trip Oct 18, 2015