All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America
101 South El Paso St, El Paso, TX, 79901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Service is adequate
    Poor vibe
    Room is not nice
"Awesome hotel in a great location"
I went to a concert a found this hotel to be right across the street. They have underground parking. Staff was super friendly, great bar on first floor and a restaurant with excellent food. Hotel is very old and "historic" so of course some stuff may be outdated, but I'm there just to sleep, so it shouldn't be a big deal that the AC isn't digital or the shower knob is "outdated" for only 90 bucks this hotel was a steal.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2016
Fernando
The windows don't open, the room was hot and the I believe the A/C is off for the winter. There sink stop was broken and wouldn't open to drain. The toilet valve ran every 45 seconds all night long. This is a tired, worn out property that desperately needs to be renovated. The ONLY reason to stay here is for the historic aspects - it's a terrible hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
I feel some of the accommodation were miss leading. Such as the fridge in the room. I didn't realize that I had to pay for a fridge
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
Jonathan
"Cold Camino Real - would not reccomend"
It was very disappointing. It was cold and rainy when we went in October. It was very cold in our room and it felt like the heater was blowing cold air. When we told the front desk they said they would have someone look at it while we went to our concert. When we got back it was even colder. We called front desk and they sent up maintenance who informed us the heat had not yet been turned on so just to leave the unit off or it would blow cold air all night. It was very cold and uncomfortabale. The rooms look old and out dated.I will never stay there again nor recommend it to anyone ever. I would have preffered to stay at the Double Tree Downtown El Paso. It would have been much better.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
"Dissatisfied with Camino Real"
i was disappointed overall. although the staff service was excellent, the quality of the room, and the food at he restaurant left a lot to be desired. I had an entre of Shrimp and Pork Belly. The shrimp were delicious, but the pork belly was not cooked properly, and the sauces upset my stomach
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
Miguel
"Beautiful, historic place"
Beautiful, historic building with an awesome lobby bar, live music, free parking underground. So sad to see the surrounding downtown El Paso deserted. Wifi was so slow, used cell phone instead. Beautiful, helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
"Perfect Sun Bowl hotel."
Came for the Sun Bowl, nice hotel, easy taxi ride to the stadium. Good service, beautiful old style hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Historic Hotel very nice"
The rooms are clean and well kept for an hotel with historic ranking, the bar and sitting areas on the lobby are quite nostalgic and well preserved.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Gustavo
The air conditioning did not work and the manager was very rude. We were not told that the breakfast wasn't free until after we ate
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Tino
We had a great time in the beautiful bar and slept very well, we will continue to stay at this hotel when ever we are in El Paso
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
Ingerid
"Duran's Trip to El Paso"
Nice Location, Not easy to find a parking space especially during Saturday night, because of local events. We cannot start the shower on Monday, it seems like the faucet was locked.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
Carlos
"Quaint Hotel in Downtown El Paso"
Very nice historical hotel. A very nice bar. Great breakfast area with some traditional Mexican delights. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
Kenneth
"Just ok"
Staff was good, I understand that the hotel is a historical but things were out dated, the tv was huge like 1990's tv and they heater didn't work in room only blew out cold air.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2015
"Older hotel with great charm."
Staff was polite, and accommodating. Room not bad for the price, could use updates in the bathroom but overall for a much older hotel, I was expecting that it might need some updates. Room was cozy and surprised I couldn't hear any of the outside noise considering the location. Visited the bar in the hotel and enjoyed a drink it a wonderful atmosphere. Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Vanessa
"Excellent!!!!!"
Excellent stay excellent customer service at the front desk. I kust can't wait to come back to Camino Real
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
adriana
"Don't stay here"
Please don't ignore the reviews like I did. This used to be a great luxury hotel back in the 1900s. But now is a dump.there are roaches and bed bugs the place is its very dirty. I have stayed at better places across the border in Juarez.another thing to mention is the horrible construction they have in downtown.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
""Its an Okay Place""
The stay was okay. It wasn't the best but paying what i paid for the room, i expected a lot more from the hotel. The restrooms need renovation and furniture needs to be replaced.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
Anthony
"Never staying here again."
This "historic" hotel is in dire need of a refresh. The architecture, stone, wood, and stained glass are wonderful. But the faucet and shower fixtures are terrible. the water pressure and volume are insultingly bad. There is no mini-fridge. The TV was about 20 years old. The lighting in the room was insufficient, although, during the day the windows provided ample room lighting. There are few wall outlets to charge devices. THere are NO modern necessities, not even a clock. the neighborhood is super sketchy just south of the hotel. North of the hotel is under construction, and its looking like an urban renewal project to improve the economy. The hotel cafe was not great for the price, but not bad. Lunch for three was about $60, and the room cost about $100.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2015
"Camino Real"
Good hotel near to excellent restaurant but somewhat run down. The fitness room is much worse, for example, than when I was there 2 years ago. A lack of maintenance.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
Charles M.
"Wonderful old hotel"
Wonderful experience. I gave room cleanliness a 4 due to the bathroom floor being dirty. The bar, dining room, guest room were first class. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Since it caters mostly to business, we were able to get a very affordable room rate over the weekend when its occupancy rate is low. We will stay there again, and I definitely recommend this property.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
You can tell the hotel is old but it is comfy and clean. Unfortunately downtown El Paso is not much to look at.
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Rebecca
To old, mattresses, bath, no hot water in the shower it took a wild
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
nestor
"Beautiful old hotel, needs updating and a doorman!"
This was a last minute trip and we decided to stay at this grand hotel. When we arrived on a Sunday night and I was getting checked in my husband was immediately accosted by a street person asking for money. He wasn't threatening but was intense and persistent until we gave him something. Later that night, when my husband stepped out for a smoke, he was accosted again by a different person begging. The hotel room was spacious and clean but very much in need of up-dating mattress, carpets, bathroom fixtures. The bar area was cool and the food was fine and the bartender was attentive and nice. Overall, I don't think the hotel is worth the cost of our stay, about $110 plus taxes. We will not stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
kim
"So disappointing"
The Camino Real is a historic hotel with a gorgeous entrance, lobby, and dining area. That makes it so much more disappointing to have staff who are unprofessional, room amenities that are absurdly lacking (really? ONE coffee packet?), and filthy, outdated bathrooms. The floors were disgusting. There was mildew on the shower (clorox would do the trick). It is so unfortunate that the new ownership is not investing in what could be THE hotel in the city. The views are amazing and the location is perfect...I hope this review and others prompts the management to scale it up a bit. Can't they invest in a couple of coffee pots in the lobby for those staying?
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Disappointed
"Don't Stay Here, Go To The Doubletree"
We booked the hotel because it was cheaper for the area, pictures made it look a lot better than what it actually was. After staying there for4days it was obvious that they don't keep up with it. Between my friends and i we had 5 rooms, and each was different. My room reaked of mold, the others reaked of smoke, one had cockroach issues. Don't always believe the pictures on the hotel, the lobby and bar were nice but everything was not what you would expect after seeing the lobby. Rooms had old tv's two rooms didn't have working tv's. Overall, if you had to stay I. el paso for whatever reason I'd stay elsewhere, the double tree was very nice and its cheaper.
4 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
"Historic hotel, missing some modern amenities"
It's an historic hotel you there are a few things to be aware of here. First, there aren't any lamps with outlets on them or very many accessible outlets to plug in your devices. Second, the HVAC is a pretty dated system through it kept the room cool and I have no complaints about temps in the room. The TV was old, 4:3 and with an analog cable input, so there was not any HD channels available witch no matter how old the hotel, this is something that sorely needs addressing. Now the historic part of this hotel that's is really well maintained is the lobby and Dome Bar. This is where this hotel shines. It's just beautiful. In fact, the Dome Bar is one of the top bars in the country according to GQ Magazine (undated, but it was at some time). The location downtown isn't too bad, and the Plaza Theater is right across the street.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2015
"Does not stands to its brand of Camino Real"
I paid extra for and "Executive" room, where the rooms have been (supposedly) remodeled, well, they only change the TV for a flat screen, but rooms are old and beat up, carpet old and smelly. In this executive floor, they have an executive lounge, where they serve snacks and wine from 6 to 7 or something like that...I went to that room around 10:00 pm to take a private call, and believe it or not, the food was still there, cheese, bite size sandwiches, wine glasses on the tables, garbage, etc...I wounder how many days that food stays there for new guests to consume it the following days...This Hotel is a complete shame for CAMINO REAL Hotels...does not stands to the high level of Camino Real's in Mexico.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
Marcelo
"No such thing as a quick shower"
There was almost no water pressure in the shower. A loud dripping noise from the bathroom sink and a bathroom in desperate need of an update. Broken tiles. Bed was comfy, room was spacious.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
"Great people old outdated hotel"
Had to change rooms as there were little round black thing in the bed. Old stained sheets, tube TV, poor internet and outdated rooms. The bar was pretty cool though, great music and the food looked good ( I never ate but the person next to me at the lounge had a burger.) Staff however very very nice, changed my room without hesitation.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Old style grand hotel/ needs updates"
Nice old grand hotel; rooms are large & quiet. Sunday brunch was very good. Hotel is huge; a bit ghost-townish. Free underground parking/ free wi-fi. Bathroom needs modernizing but functional/ plenty of hot water. Good A/C. TVs are poor quality. Bar had live band on weekends /super loud; reasonably priced drinks. Non heated pool.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2015
Hair in both beds upon arrival! Also on day leaving I have them a 6:00 am wake up and they woke me at 5:30 am and told them to wake me at 6:00 am and the young man said ok! No wake up call but luckily I woke up 30 minutes late or I would have missed my flight home. Food was good and hotel was historic and nice looking! I tried to call hotels.com to complain but apparently your company doesn't want to be bothered as I could not get in contact with you. Thus I have to dice you low marks in this regard. Any incentive you can provide to keep my business and lessen the stress caused would be appreciated.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!"
This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. And I've stayed at some dives. The hotel looks great from the outside and is a very historic place. The dome bar makes for a cool setting to have a couple drinks. Upon entering the place, you can tell it is outdated. It has some charm just by the architecture, but the rest is horrendous. The hallways stink, and then the rooms...TERRIBLE!!! I was about knocked over by the moldy meldewy smell from the carpet that is 30 years old. The windows don't open, so it's hot as can be. The bathroom is from the 80's with tile and grout cracking and missing. NO water pressure in the sink or shower. The TV's are from the 80's. Overall, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! There are much better places for the money!!! I'm an honest guy, with not that high of expectations, but they didn't even meet one of them. TERRIBLE!!
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
SCOTT
"Saved by Brunch"
This was a quick get away for us and we wanted a place where everything was centrally located so that we didn't have to drive. I had only visited the Camino Real previously for events in the ballroom which is beautiful, so natuarally my expectation of the hotel rooms was high. I was decidedly under-whelmed. Everything needs updating. The beds and mattresses are old and squeaky. The TVs need updating and the window coverings were old and broken. The best item in the room was the armoire/tv cabinet. The bathroom only had lights over the sink so the bathroom was in partial darkness. There is definitely need and room for improvement. The best part of our stay was the La Huerta Cafe. They had decent dinner and drinks but the highlight of our weekend was the Bottomless Mimosa Brunch on Sunday. It is indeed a hidden gem! I loved it!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Carolyn
"Nice historic hotel. but......"
Really old fixtures and everything else. Restaurant OK. Bar nice Not very friendly staff. TV was from the 1980's at best. OK if you get a cheap room. Don't over pay.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
The hotel was nice, but old, and needs a little renovation. It is conveniently located to the university and hospitals. I would stay there again, the price was right, and the service was excellent.l
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Old outdated hotel"
Old outdated hotel. Bathroom walls were peeling off. 15+years old TV set. Old pillows. Parking is $6/day. Staff was very nice
4 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
"Great Business Class Hotel"
Great business class hotel with nice restaurants. Was allowed early check-in. Friendly staff.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Business trip"
It's a great place to stay. Could use a tv upgrade. The service is great though and the views are really nice.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay but don't eat there!"
I can't understand why this hotel has such poor food? Not even the mixed drinks could be drank! I might stay there again but I'd definitely eat at one of the local restaurants. I did and food was great!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"Partying in my city"
The only complaint I had was the wifi was terrible. Other than that, it was the perfect girl to stay in for my 21st birthday!
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"Horrible Experience"
This hotel came highly recommended, when we got there we had no menus in the room to order anything. We ended up asking the front desk and it took someone about 20 min to get to our room to drop one off. We ended up going downstairs to the dome bar, which was really beautiful but the food service down there was just as horrible. My wife went back to take a shower and the shower water was cold, she had to call someone up twice to fix it. We only stayed two nights but the morning we woke up to leave we woke up to a roach on the curtains of the window. We called management they came up and made note of it, we are not people to complain but even after everything that we had called about all weekend, not one person offered to accommodate us in anyway. The day we checked out the girl at the front not only was rude but she just handed us our bill at full price and sent us on our way.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Alexander
"I guess is OK for an Old Hotel"
My first time at this hotel, the staff were ok, they don't go the extra mile for the customer, the room needs a lot improvement, is like dated nothing new, feels like an old motel 8 that is about to go out of business, there is a charge for parking but there is nobody at the gate. What's the point to paid for parking???? the carpet in the hotel is like the original when first time open, old and smell, that create a big problem with my allergies and sinus, well the pool is not heated and the Gym needs new equipment. Anyway I think is an OK for the price, the hotel might be a 2 start or maybe one. I will not stay there anymore, only if extreme necesary.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
JS
I really enjoyed my stay, as always. The door was broken I believe, but other than that it was a great stay!!
4 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"not worth it"
I enjoyed the location and atmosphere, I did not enjoy the old tv's and horrible furniture
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Adrian
Had a very wonderful time. The Hotel was a refreshing place to stay!
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Johnny
"Ok"
Coulduse some updates and painting.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Very cool histic hotel in El Paso"
The hotel is gorgeous-very old, historic place where they've left a lot of the older fixtures, etc. Clean and nice, HOWEVER, a band played 'til after 12 loudly enough to rattle our windows and the desk staff was super-rude. Made us wait for a rollaway 'til 11 pm. for a child and were sullen. Had to call 4 times over a 2-hour period!!
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"i'd stay somewhere else"
The only good thing about this place was the location. There was an event happening when i arrived and so there was no valet, no parking at hotel, or on the street. had to drive two blocks away and pay 10 dollars and wait until after 1030 when the even ended to then move my car back to hotel. that bathroom was a joke and looked like it had started to be remodeled and then they decided against it and just painted. there was ONE working elevator for the whole building. The TV was older that it still had a tube and half the channels didn't work. Spend a little more and go to double tree thats a few blocks away.
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Tyler
This was my 2nd stay here at as usual it was perfect ..... the only downfall was the music on Saturday night was a little to loud but I stayed on the 15th floor so it really didn't bother me I would highly recommend this hotel to others !!!
2 night trip Aug 21, 2015
"Classic comfortable stay"
Very quiet room and comfortable bed. Great place to get a good night's rest. Minor maintenance issues, but very nice overall.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015