All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America
101 South El Paso St, El Paso, TX, 79901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Old, Funky, Pretty Neat."
hotel is obviously old which added to its appeal. If you understand that this hotel is historical your stay will be more comfortable. If you're looking for new, stay somewhere else. I loved this place and will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Ashley
"TRIP TO EL PASO"
The only down was the people from the room service.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
ARTURO
"Rooms were very warm with no way to cool it down."
Too hot to sleep comfortably. Music in lounge was way too loud to enjoy any conversations .
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Velma
"camino real"
The hotel is comfortable and clean. Needs an update, but the bed is comfortable and the staff is nice.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Fine resort near the plaza in Sante Fe."
Very pleasant. I enjoyed walking to the Georgia O Keefe Museum and Galleries.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Not worth the price!!!"
Food was tearible the hotel is rundown and old heater did not work. The roof wags caving in and had water damage this hotel needs a lot of work!
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"worst place I've ever stayed"
Camino real No ice , Front desk lady rude inconsiderate , Suggested we go to executive lounge to warm up while heater did not work. air conditioner on still .heard at least 7 other people with same complaint was here for 2 days and did not here one good thing about here from any other guests,all seemed frustrated with their own list of greivences. a lot of small details that are slowly bringing place down paint chipped off doors, panels in elevator falling off generally in state of disrepair. noticed other older reviews had same issues from the beginning of the month manager posted they would immediately act to fix its been a month and same issues. dome bar was favorite place for margaritas last one was weak and could not even trell if there was tequila in it she didn't bother to ask what kind of tequila I wanted. Gave my wife the wrong mixed drink and then ignored us. Will never stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
carlos
"Location, Location, Location"
If you're into the arts, the Camino Real is the place to stay. With the El Paso Museum of Art a block away and live theater across the street, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The Camino Real is the old downtown hotel for this city. Rooms on the south side have a clear view of the lights of Juarez, Mexico only ten blocks away. Downtown is in the process of a makeover, and my prediction is that this will only enhance the location of the Camino Real, but things still need to be done. The huge, old ballroom across and down from reception was never used during my stay which included a weekend. Fridge and microwaves were available to rooms but at a hefty $15 charge per unit. No breakfast was served which I have come to expect in large, downtown hotels. Parking was free, however, in the underground lot. I'll be back to the Camino Real, and I look forward to the enhancements which will make my stay even more pleasant.
3 night trip Jan 7, 2015
"Ok"
No clean . The hotel is old
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Need change some things"
The personal services so friendly, the beds comfortable but needs replace towels and tv's are old
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Martha
"Satisfactory stay"
None of the ice machines worked on at least 3 floors (I checked).
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Elegant & clean, but falls short of its potential"
First....I really liked this hotel. It was architecturally stunning, clean, comfortable, and the bar area and lobby are everything they claim to be. However. I must admit that it leaves a little to be desired for both people like me, who prefer to forsake some amenities in favor of historical relevance AND people who are looking for a first class hotel. It is almost as if the hotel is at odds with itself.....our room was slightly worn, but it's antique wear does not do it any favors when clashing with its newer furnishings. The entertainment in the lounge bulldozed right through the elegance one was expecting to enjoy in such lavish architecture. Repairs were obvious and out of synch. Still, the price is right, the section of town it is in is relevant and active with theaters and museums, the hotel is comfortable and spacious (including the rooms) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Tons of photo opportunities. I would absolutely stay here again, just with slightly lower expectations....
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
jackie
"Needs some TLC"
In El Paso for a wedding. The reception was held in a lovely room on the main floor. The rooms, however, left something to be desired. The hotel needs new carpet throughout and the bathrooms need updating. We had peeling wall paper, dirty floors- or maybe they are so old they can't get them clean...
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sheri
"Do not stay here!"
Hotel doesn't compensate for heaters being broken in the middle of winter. We were freezing all night. Not a discount, nothing. Definitely needs remodeling, very old. The front is nice but don't let that fool you. The rooms are simple, boring, and freezing. Will not stay here or recommend.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Mari
Old rooms needs better showers and tv and old paint
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Old City"
My family and I traveled to El Paso to go to the Sun Bowl. I hadn't been to El Paso in quite some time and forgot how old and run down the city was. With that being said the hotel was in the heart of the city that is dilapidated and vacant, but in the heart none the less. Just be prepared for a two and a half star hotel anywhere else, but a three and a half for El Paso standards.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Aaron
"Sheets need changing!"
It is a beautiful hotel but when we were ready to turn in, the bed sheets and pillows had fluid stains and hair. It was obvious no one changed the sheets. Disgusting!!
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Sun Bowl = Fun Bowl"
Love the hotel. Love the people of El Paso and loved Ansons11 next door. just one complaint. We stayed in room 836 and the noise coming thru the vent in the foyer was horrible. It did bother our sleep a bit. Otherwise, loved everything.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
david
The Camino Real is a historic hotel centrally located in downtown El Paso. As such, you can't expect all the modern conveniences of a five star resort. It was, comfortable and our stay was, overall, very pleasant. It was a great place to people watch. The bar clientele was an interesting mix of locals and tourists. Our friends that stayed at the Doubletree spent more time at the Camino than their hotel and considered switching. Some constructive feedback would be that they need to replace the old TVs and could use some bellmen and valet personnel if they're going to claim to provide valet parking.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice one night stay"
Stayed at this hotel while attending the Sun Bowl. Since the other downtown El Paso hotel was fully booked by one of the teams, I had no other option but to stay here. I read the other reviews and was fearful of what I'd find. I was pleased to see that the hotel was nice and room was perfectly comfortable for a one night stay. Some of the other general comments about the hotel condition I found to be true (room furniture is a bit dated, CRT TV is old, hallway wall paper is coming off the walls) but some of them were a bit overstated (my room did not smell, bathroom was spacious, had plenty of hot water). The hotel does need an update (bathroom was straight out of the 70s, down to the pink-hued tiles) but it served my needs. Bed was comfortable but had no blanket. Glad I brought my own. Front desk service/check in/check out was slow (since the hotel was teeming with people in town for the Sun Bowl, you'd think they'd have more staff on duty, but no); the front desk did not answer phone calls either. The Dome Bar was nice. Spent an hour there on a Friday night. Had a live band, but drinks were way overpriced (Vegas prices in El Paso?) Huerta Cafe had a breakfast buffet; staff was very nice and they gave me a guest discount. I did not like the fee to park. I'm already a guest, spending $$ on a stay, at the bar, at the cafe…do I really need to pay to park? Guess so. Overall, it was nice for a one night stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Impressive lobby and building, lacluster rooms"
This is a historic hotel but it is in need of dire repair and upgrades. There are wall patches that aren't even painted over let alone blended to seem less visable once they do get painted. The hotel lobby is very inviting, warm and just beautiful. We had a drink at the bar and paid almost $20 for two Long Island Iced Teas. That seems to be about the norm for this area as I have frequented a few other hotels. The hot water in the room was cloudy. There were old holes from where the shower curtain bar had been moved and the fixtures were dated. In a hotel the one thing that I really like is 'blackout' curtains. These did not meet the criteria. When the sun came up the room was lit up. Lastly the room AC/Heater has to be as old as the hotel. There are a couple of knobs on the wall and you kinda just wing it when it comes to finding a comfortable temperature. Overall the staff was friendly, well mannered and dressed. I asked for more towels and housekeeping was there in 3 minutes. My wife wanted to stay here as it was an icon of the 'good life' growing up in El Paso but I feel it fell short once you make it into a room.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Camino Real"
I have stayed here before. This visit was not the best.
1 night business trip Dec 23, 2014
"Meh"
Beautiful lobby and exterior. Rooms are not updated at all, old somewhat dirty/worn and smell of mold.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Nice hotel. Close to local restaurants/attractions
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"good but expensive"
Its was more expensive than what I expected I had a diferent price here and I was charged more, that would be my only complaint.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Guadalupe
"Good place in El Paso"
got a queen size bed when I booked a king. No fitted sheets on bed, so was frustrating trying to sleep with two adults on the queen bed. Otherwise, friendly, helpful staff, nice hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Jeremy
"Grand Historic Hotel"
I stay here every December for a few nights and it is always a delightful experience. It is a hotel with a lot of history and the central location is perfect. I welcome staying here instead of the leading chain hotels as this has so much more character.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Old hotel, great staff, decent room"
I'd never stayed at this hotel, but it is literally across the street from the theater I was attending. It is perfect for that situation. It is an old hotel that has had some upgrading. The beds are wonderful, but rooms especially the bathroom is very old and dated. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for any theater goers. One bummer, they charge $6.00/night for parking. There were absolutely no options otherwise.
1 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
Janet
"Needs to be remodel."
No hot water.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Alejandro
"My favorite hotel"
It was my second stay and like the first time was amazing
3 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Ken
"Birthday Dissappointment :-("
Very DISSAPOINTED on our stay. For my wife's birthday I got the Jr. Suite for my wife and I. Both of us were so cold all the duration stay that we had to literally sleep with our coats on. To take a shower in the morning was very painful with the room so cold. The hot water took a while and the shower head sprayed the water everywhere except the direction it needed to go. The water was all over the floor that it soaked the towel mat. We only had two large towels and everybody should know how many towels a lady needs, which is at least two. We had only one wash towel for two people and one towel to dry our hands. Only one robe if its a suite should it not be for two. The floor of the restroom is concrete base and nothing warm to protect your feet from the cold. The front desk lady assured us that we were going to get a discount and never did, at least not in our bank statement. Definitely will not recommend your hotel to any of our Marriage Retreat couples that we are a part of. Until you certified that this things are taken care off.
Juan
"Not a 5 star hotel"
the room was run down. bathroom toilet ran all night. Check in was slow. Free breakfast was juice and fruit. I could have stayed in a cheap hotel and would have got a great breakfast. Tis is not a 5 star hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"stay here people fancy hotel with a good price!"
The room was great for being a historic hotel. The view was amazing, reminded me of staying at a hotel the home alone movie stayed in. Great dome room, valet boy did a good job, I got a bellboy after a bit of "lag", executive lounge was not stocked as expected.twice I requested to bring more complimentary evening snacks/bfast when appropriate since people ate it all and was left with an empty request after they said it will be right out. . Not very good hotel service. For the price online with the package it was worth it. I stayed in the executive floor with its amenities for $111.
Joshua
"Camino Real"
We had a beauutiful room. Employees we had contact with were very pleasant and gracious.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
"Not for me!"
Beautiful hotel. it needs to be updatedand so does the staff and service. Just a lazy vibe about the entire staff. One morning no hot water had to take a cool shower. The ac can not be controlled from the room.
3 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Not so good..."
Lots of problems and issues... staff was friendly but ineffective. 1st room reeked of mildew; 2nd room we were given keys to was already occupied!!!; 3rd room was dirty.... we won't be going back.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"No more booking with hotel.com"
This is so far the worst hotel I've ever seen in my life ,i changed my room 3 times ( I never did that before ).the food tray from next room was sitting outside for 2 days and no body picked it up .I had to call the front disk and tell them to pick it up . the tray was full of flies .it was really disgusting seeing it outside every time I leave/or go back to my room I booked the hotel with breakfast and i was shocked when I saw it . it was nothing , 3 dried crossant and coffee. By the way this is the first hotel without valet parking and when i ask the front disk can i get somebody to help me unload my luggage , she said "we do have valet parking but the guy leave early ". any way it was terrible in all aspect and to tell the truth I'm going to be very car full in the feed back with hotel. com because the rate for that hotel was outstanding when i book it and it turned to be way over estimated .
4 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
wassim
"Definitively coming back"
Hotel's staff was super helpfull and professional I arrived late at night and was treated as if it was the middle of the day. I also had to leave my car in a parking lot for a couple of days and the guys at the front desk offered to keep my car at their underground lot for very cheap! I was amazed with the great service.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Jose
"OKay, but would not recommend"
The Hotel did have an old feel to it, but the room was not at all what we expected from the pictures. The price was just as much as many of the better hotels we have stayed in, in the area, but did not offer the service we expected. What breakfeast, is correct. The ad says breakfeast included, but after only one hour there was noting left but a few pieces of fruit and the cream for the coffee was bad. This was one place that we will not spend our money on ever again. I should have went and stayed at the Hilton for the price we paid and got Real Service! Hotel.com please visit some of these place you list , you would not list them if you did. We feel as though we wasted our money!!
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Horace
It was a nice hotel, expected a little more from it from the amenities, thought they would have more in the room. But overall was good hotel to stay at.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Superb Downtown Hotel"
They are renovating downtown El Paso. Old hotel, but they have refurbished it nicely. Comfortable bed, quiet, good air conditioning. Staff was very helpful. Beautiful bar. They have a restaurant, but did not eat there. If you are picky, the room could use a new carpet. I would stay here again without question. I highly recommend.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Stephen
"mediocre"
overall nice except extremely rude night clerk her name tag was hidden by her hair or i would have called her out by name made us feel very unwelcome... didnt want us to use the shuttle and then failed to tell us that what time the shuttle stopped so after having been dropped off at the mall we had to catch a bus back. one would think they would let you know when the shuttle stops. also gave snooty responses to every question... room was nice but they gave us used mouth wash...
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
s.hernandez
"almost great"
Really enjoyed the hotel. Fast friendly service. Please upgrade your bathrooms! Shower was weak in water pressure. Appearance made me go back to moms house as a kid.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
FRANCISCO
"Best place in El Paso"
This is a fun, fantastic and romantic hotel - a great place to be when in El Paso.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"Sweet"
Great views. Helpful, pleasant staff.
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
"Great value as always"
This is my 3rd time staying in this hotel. there was a minor problem with the hot water in my room which was resolved within 15 minutes of calling the front desk. The rate and the convenience to downtown and to the bridges to Mexico of this hotel make it a great value.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Romantic weeekend"
Love this hotel one of my favorites.. the location is great. The lobby bar is amazing would defenately stay here again
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
LOURDES
"BAD"
This is an older hotel. The smell and the cleanliness is very questionable. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone. Carpets are soiled and you can notice dirt buildup in the corners, towel were very ding and mattress in uncomfortable, TV was very blurry. This hotel needs a bad remodel. I would not suggest this hotel to a business traveler unless you need to stay in that area. Never again.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Jerry
"not updated"
Very old mattress, had a deep dip in the middle. Nothing has been updated in a long time. Lobby looks nice but rooms are bad
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Ok for one night"
Very old hotel that needs to be upgraded. I have never had to change rooms before but this time I did. The toilet kept leaking and making a lot of noise. Every thing looked old and not really that clean.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014