All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America
101 South El Paso St, El Paso, TX, 79901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"good location"
shuttle service to airport & attractions needs serious overhauling
Other trip May 9, 2015
gary
"nice clean big room , great staff."
great place ,nice staff , big clean rooms. wish the buffet was bigger .
Other trip May 9, 2015
"great rate"
Great place to stay. Staff was awesome.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
"Sara's Wedding!"
Loved this old hotel & found it comfortable & clean. The brunch the next day was beautifully laid out & tasty but would have loved some black tea! Nice music ,a bit loud. We will be back Can't forget the Dome bar...perfect .
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
CHRISTINA
"so so."
I was in town for the bowling tournament. The bathroom faucet wouldn't shut off all the way. The tile Floor in the bathroom was cracked in several places. The hotel ran out of toilet paper and it took several hours to get some brought up to the room. The pool was full of pigeons.
5 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Albert
"do not arrive early"
We arrived early and was not allowed to check in until 3 pm with 15 other families Not enough front desk staff to accommodate the amount of people It took 1 hour for use to be waited on
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
sherry
"Old but beautiful"
I liked my stay but it's because they gave me a very clean executive level room, Yes it needs updating and fresh paint in places but rooms are beautiful and the price is right -- I was very comfortable ! Would be nice if they added a fridge in these super large rooms.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Dated needs a make over, especially the bathrooms"
Hotel restaurant was dreadful. Staff were very pleasant and efficient. Updating required like carpeting in main areas, trim work, paint and bathrooms.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Austiniteite
"Very dated property"
Hotel is very dated, Staff was less interested in customers than I would have expected, We stayed on the executive floor and there was nothing special about it,
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Historical indeed"
Beautiful historical hotel. Great bar, they had live music on Friday night. Walking distance to the ballpark. Downfall carpet is old and stained, airconiditoner in room did not work, staff wasn't welcoming as they talked Spanish to each other and made no conversation at check in. I went to this hotel to save a few dollars compared to the other one down the street. Well u get what u pay for, next time I'll be paying the extra 40 a night .
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Beautiful building - inexistent service"
We had booked an 'Executive Room, Executive Level' including (continental) breakfast in the Executive Lounge. When we arrived around 9 in the morning in the Executive Lounge on the 8th floor, there were only used, dirty cups and plates. No pain, no cookies, only some leftovers, some yogurt and flakes, juice, tins of coca cola and other cold drinks. No water in the coffee machine, no possibility to refill, no way to prepare coffee or tea. We called the reception, they promised to send someone, we waited in vain for 10 minutes and called the reception again, they said, they had already sent someone. We waited longer and called the reception a third time. Same answer. We waited ... after 20 minutes, no one had appeared, so we left without breakfast. Upon checkout they refused to make a discount on the price with the explanation that they could do nothing about it since we had booked through Expedia (!). When we insisted, the receptionist went to see her boss and came back with the same answer but offered us breakfast in the restaurant. However, by then we had to leave...
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Martin
"Over priced and under performing!"
Stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Several things stood out. I stayed on the Executive floor. The room did not have a microwave, refrigerator, or a decent tv. I never did find a room service menu. There was no electrical outlet near the bed to plug in a CPAP machine. The windows were too filthy to take a clear picture of the view. The restroom was very poorly lit. There was no place to hang a towel within reach of the shower. My key wouldn't work in the Executive lounge to get to the continental breakfast. Called the desk and they sent a person up to open the room. The person said I would get a new key that would work but I never got the key. Not getting the key turned out to be a non-issue as the Continental breakfast was not worth waiting for.It consisted of 4 bowls of fruit and a small plate of miniature pastries. There was a pitcher of milk and orange juice in a small fridge. The coffee pot was a Kuerig machine but there were only decaf K-cups. Not worth the trouble. There is very little seating in the lobby if you are waiting for a ride. There is only one bench outside to sit on if you are waiting for a ride.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Beautiful, historic hotel"
Hotel was beautiful just make sure you know what all is included in your stay so you don't get surprised
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"Bad customer service"
Hotel was very nice. As for the person at the front desk during the day, she was not customer oriented. She told me one thing at my check in and denied the statement the next day she did not want to give me a receipt at checkout. She stated that Hotels.com get the receipt and not me. She refused to give me a copy. Bad business
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Terence
"Not as good as I had hoped"
-Free Wifi was no where to be had. -Executive rooms were supposed to have a Flat Screen HDTV, also not the case. -Wallpaper peeling off in places. -Executive Lounge left a lot to be desired, seemed like it was an unused room. -Shuttle service left a lot to be desired, had to take a cab to make my flight home. A friend of mine was staying in a hotel that was about half the cost and their room seemed much higher quality than ours
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Doug
"Hotel In The Middle of Downtown"
Very nice classic hotel in the middle of town. Can tell this was a grand hotel in its day and still is. The hotel bar is beautiful. The drinks though are way overpriced. The hotel is great-the bar is beautiful-the prices for drinks makes no sense for the El Paso market.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
gil
"Favorite hotel in El Paso"
Love to stay at the Camino Real. This historic hotel is beautiful. Our room was large, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. They have free underground parking too. Only negative was that our room was above the bar where a loud band was playing.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"very close to the bowling center"
Hotel is right across the street from the convention center and the USBC bowling nationals.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Hotel doesn't like expedia"
We went to El Paso for the bowling tournament and this hotel is the best location. I traveled with other people from my hometown. I paid more for my room because I used Expedia and I did not receive continental breakfast. The staff that I could not have continental breakfast because I booked through Expedia. The friends that were with us booked directly through the hotel and they received free breakfast. There was miscommunication at the front desk when they told us that breakfast was included until the third day and they charged us for the breakfast at $12 a plate. I was disgusted.
national bowler
"Nice hotel, very close to the events center."
The Hotel was very nice, staff was wonderful. My only complaints were that the bed was hard and very uncomfortable. The shower had very low water pressure.And last but not least, the hotel charged $6 a day to park, what kind of hotel charges you to park when you are paying to stay there.
Barb
"Needs some work, but still pretty good."
Nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. Poor lighting in bathroom and room in general. Front desk stay friendly and courteous, but slow to check in and check out. No one really seemed to be in a hurry to get the line moving. Every floor seemed to have patched and unpainted walls. Could improve the appearance greatly with a couple of gallons of paint I would stay here again, very convenient to convention center and ballpark.
3 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"i love that this hotel is downtown!"
Hubby and I enjoyed our stay, the continental "breakfast" was less than satisfying...need new OJ and a few more selections please!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
jenny
"Do not Stay Here"
The staff was very nice and I received 100 "I'm sorries" but nothing was addressed. Example one: the shuttle. I was told there was a shuttle from the airport and the trip was 10 to 15 minutes. I waited at the airport for over 45 minutes before I had to take a $25.00, 15 minute cab ride. What did the hotel have to say? "I'm sorry, the traffic was bad downtown" Really? That was not the case in the cab. Next example: my "upgraded room" This room came with breakfast in the executive room. I confirmed the night before it would open at 0600. But the next morning? Not open! Now they decided it would not open until 0700. Again...I'm sorry. I spent an extra $50.00 on cabs and meals promised by this hotel. And the upgraded room was a 2.5 out of 5 at best. Old and worn. The best part of the trip? It was only overnight!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Morgan
"Don't do it!"
Room was very run down and unclean. We had some one else's hair in the sink, tub, on the floor of the bathroom, beds and in our ice bucket. On top of this, the AC kept making noises like there was water leaking even when the AC was off. Not to mention this loud water pressure noise when one of neighbors would flush their toilet. The beds had been worn down. I woke up with a sore back. You can tell the room was used quite a bit. Plus, it was so dark because two of the three lamps that were our source of light were burnt out or didn't turn on. Also when we stepped out into the hall, you could smell this old person/stuffy smell. Not to mention we were actually charged $6 a day for parking at the hotel when we weren't charged last year during the same time of year. I'm considering looking else where next year.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Valerie
The 'executive' breakfast was yesterday's fruit and stale cakes from the restaurant and packet children's cereal which was not restocked between guests.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Not worth the money..."
They allowed us an early check-in, but our room wasn't cleaned thoroughly. We had a used plastic cup and barrette left from the previous guests. The room was hot even with the thermostat set at 65. The tube television was mostly static, the shower head very low and the construction was so loud outside that it woke us up as soon as it began. That being said, the food from room service was good.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
amber
"Good stay but staff was not helpful"
I had a great stay but left my jacket in the room. When back the following day and they were not able to find it.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Raymond
"camino"
rooms need upgrades, I understand the historic side of the hotel but restrooms need remodeling and upgrade the mattresses and TV's!!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"horrible"
Horrible never again will i stay at this hotel
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Juan Pablo
"Old, Funky, Pretty Neat."
hotel is obviously old which added to its appeal. If you understand that this hotel is historical your stay will be more comfortable. If you're looking for new, stay somewhere else. I loved this place and will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Ashley
"TRIP TO EL PASO"
The only down was the people from the room service.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
ARTURO
"Rooms were very warm with no way to cool it down."
Too hot to sleep comfortably. Music in lounge was way too loud to enjoy any conversations .
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Velma
"camino real"
The hotel is comfortable and clean. Needs an update, but the bed is comfortable and the staff is nice.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Fine resort near the plaza in Sante Fe."
Very pleasant. I enjoyed walking to the Georgia O Keefe Museum and Galleries.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Not worth the price!!!"
Food was tearible the hotel is rundown and old heater did not work. The roof wags caving in and had water damage this hotel needs a lot of work!
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"worst place I've ever stayed"
Camino real No ice , Front desk lady rude inconsiderate , Suggested we go to executive lounge to warm up while heater did not work. air conditioner on still .heard at least 7 other people with same complaint was here for 2 days and did not here one good thing about here from any other guests,all seemed frustrated with their own list of greivences. a lot of small details that are slowly bringing place down paint chipped off doors, panels in elevator falling off generally in state of disrepair. noticed other older reviews had same issues from the beginning of the month manager posted they would immediately act to fix its been a month and same issues. dome bar was favorite place for margaritas last one was weak and could not even trell if there was tequila in it she didn't bother to ask what kind of tequila I wanted. Gave my wife the wrong mixed drink and then ignored us. Will never stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
carlos
"Location, Location, Location"
If you're into the arts, the Camino Real is the place to stay. With the El Paso Museum of Art a block away and live theater across the street, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The Camino Real is the old downtown hotel for this city. Rooms on the south side have a clear view of the lights of Juarez, Mexico only ten blocks away. Downtown is in the process of a makeover, and my prediction is that this will only enhance the location of the Camino Real, but things still need to be done. The huge, old ballroom across and down from reception was never used during my stay which included a weekend. Fridge and microwaves were available to rooms but at a hefty $15 charge per unit. No breakfast was served which I have come to expect in large, downtown hotels. Parking was free, however, in the underground lot. I'll be back to the Camino Real, and I look forward to the enhancements which will make my stay even more pleasant.
3 night trip Jan 7, 2015
"Ok"
No clean . The hotel is old
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Need change some things"
The personal services so friendly, the beds comfortable but needs replace towels and tv's are old
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Martha
"Satisfactory stay"
None of the ice machines worked on at least 3 floors (I checked).
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Elegant & clean, but falls short of its potential"
First....I really liked this hotel. It was architecturally stunning, clean, comfortable, and the bar area and lobby are everything they claim to be. However. I must admit that it leaves a little to be desired for both people like me, who prefer to forsake some amenities in favor of historical relevance AND people who are looking for a first class hotel. It is almost as if the hotel is at odds with itself.....our room was slightly worn, but it's antique wear does not do it any favors when clashing with its newer furnishings. The entertainment in the lounge bulldozed right through the elegance one was expecting to enjoy in such lavish architecture. Repairs were obvious and out of synch. Still, the price is right, the section of town it is in is relevant and active with theaters and museums, the hotel is comfortable and spacious (including the rooms) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Tons of photo opportunities. I would absolutely stay here again, just with slightly lower expectations....
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
jackie
"Needs some TLC"
In El Paso for a wedding. The reception was held in a lovely room on the main floor. The rooms, however, left something to be desired. The hotel needs new carpet throughout and the bathrooms need updating. We had peeling wall paper, dirty floors- or maybe they are so old they can't get them clean...
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sheri
"Do not stay here!"
Hotel doesn't compensate for heaters being broken in the middle of winter. We were freezing all night. Not a discount, nothing. Definitely needs remodeling, very old. The front is nice but don't let that fool you. The rooms are simple, boring, and freezing. Will not stay here or recommend.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Mari
Old rooms needs better showers and tv and old paint
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Old City"
My family and I traveled to El Paso to go to the Sun Bowl. I hadn't been to El Paso in quite some time and forgot how old and run down the city was. With that being said the hotel was in the heart of the city that is dilapidated and vacant, but in the heart none the less. Just be prepared for a two and a half star hotel anywhere else, but a three and a half for El Paso standards.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Aaron
"Sheets need changing!"
It is a beautiful hotel but when we were ready to turn in, the bed sheets and pillows had fluid stains and hair. It was obvious no one changed the sheets. Disgusting!!
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Sun Bowl = Fun Bowl"
Love the hotel. Love the people of El Paso and loved Ansons11 next door. just one complaint. We stayed in room 836 and the noise coming thru the vent in the foyer was horrible. It did bother our sleep a bit. Otherwise, loved everything.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
david
The Camino Real is a historic hotel centrally located in downtown El Paso. As such, you can't expect all the modern conveniences of a five star resort. It was, comfortable and our stay was, overall, very pleasant. It was a great place to people watch. The bar clientele was an interesting mix of locals and tourists. Our friends that stayed at the Doubletree spent more time at the Camino than their hotel and considered switching. Some constructive feedback would be that they need to replace the old TVs and could use some bellmen and valet personnel if they're going to claim to provide valet parking.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice one night stay"
Stayed at this hotel while attending the Sun Bowl. Since the other downtown El Paso hotel was fully booked by one of the teams, I had no other option but to stay here. I read the other reviews and was fearful of what I'd find. I was pleased to see that the hotel was nice and room was perfectly comfortable for a one night stay. Some of the other general comments about the hotel condition I found to be true (room furniture is a bit dated, CRT TV is old, hallway wall paper is coming off the walls) but some of them were a bit overstated (my room did not smell, bathroom was spacious, had plenty of hot water). The hotel does need an update (bathroom was straight out of the 70s, down to the pink-hued tiles) but it served my needs. Bed was comfortable but had no blanket. Glad I brought my own. Front desk service/check in/check out was slow (since the hotel was teeming with people in town for the Sun Bowl, you'd think they'd have more staff on duty, but no); the front desk did not answer phone calls either. The Dome Bar was nice. Spent an hour there on a Friday night. Had a live band, but drinks were way overpriced (Vegas prices in El Paso?) Huerta Cafe had a breakfast buffet; staff was very nice and they gave me a guest discount. I did not like the fee to park. I'm already a guest, spending $$ on a stay, at the bar, at the cafe…do I really need to pay to park? Guess so. Overall, it was nice for a one night stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Impressive lobby and building, lacluster rooms"
This is a historic hotel but it is in need of dire repair and upgrades. There are wall patches that aren't even painted over let alone blended to seem less visable once they do get painted. The hotel lobby is very inviting, warm and just beautiful. We had a drink at the bar and paid almost $20 for two Long Island Iced Teas. That seems to be about the norm for this area as I have frequented a few other hotels. The hot water in the room was cloudy. There were old holes from where the shower curtain bar had been moved and the fixtures were dated. In a hotel the one thing that I really like is 'blackout' curtains. These did not meet the criteria. When the sun came up the room was lit up. Lastly the room AC/Heater has to be as old as the hotel. There are a couple of knobs on the wall and you kinda just wing it when it comes to finding a comfortable temperature. Overall the staff was friendly, well mannered and dressed. I asked for more towels and housekeeping was there in 3 minutes. My wife wanted to stay here as it was an icon of the 'good life' growing up in El Paso but I feel it fell short once you make it into a room.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014